• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Siferiax

Kibcy follow in Wolf's paw prints

Good luck with everything. I had a crazy stomach ache last week and it's really distracting/making it hard to focus on anything else if it's bad enough. Hope you'll feel better soon!

Thank you!!

Fortunately it's not that bad. I'm not at all distracted by it. :)

So I can make a doctor's appointment in about half an hour. Set a reminder to do it.

Hopefully I can go this afternoon. Then in the evening I've got the city walk. So I suppose that's all I get to do today :tongue:

I was up at 4:46am (call me crazy), because then my "smart" alarm went off. Normally I'd snooze it till my actual alarm of around 5:15am... but I had to shower, so I got up. Maybe I should listen to my smart alarm and get up when it goes off though...

No morning workout has been done yet... another try tomorrow.

I'm also going to officially say goodbye to the peer group I'm in, in favor of another one. So I'm a little nerve wrecked about sending an email now. Mom offered to look over my concept before I send it. So that's always nice.

Kibcy, you need to do what you know is best, if you wish to throw this away then, by all means, you have my support as well as the support from the other Nerds. But you need to be certain about this, You've always been the motivator for others, and I'm hoping that you are certain that you're doing all that you can in this challenge. I want to see you succeed, we all do, and I know that there are pains and outside things, but I'm hoping that you prove to us and yourself most of all, that you are stronger than anything this world can throw at you.

Kibcy, you need to do what you know is best, if you wish to throw this away then, by all means, you have my support as well as the support from the other Nerds. But you need to be certain about this, You've always been the motivator for others, and I'm hoping that you are certain that you're doing all that you can in this challenge. I want to see you succeed, we all do, and I know that there are pains and outside things, but I'm hoping that you prove to us and yourself most of all, that you are stronger than anything this world can throw at you.

Thanks so much Red <333333

And it's just my goals this challenge, not that I'm giving up on overall progress :)

I guess the problem has been that my shoulder messed up (it's slowly doing better).

And life happened.

I need to set SMARTer goals for myself. Especially in the area of "attainable" ;)

I'm gonna make those 6 cookbook meals, I'm dead set on it! :)

GUYS! I made a doctor's appointment :D *victory*

This afternoon at 3:50pm :)

I also discussed things with my mom a little to get a better timeline... here's what we know:

- I pooped in a diaper till 4+ of age, I refused to do it on a toilet and just hold it up till I got me a diaper. (consider going to kindergarden like that haha). I only got over this by seeing a friend poop on a toilet... idek little me!

- I've had problems with "too large" BM's since at least elementary school. I'm 25 now... so go figure how long this has been an issue!

The problem is that, I've been constantly told it was because I wasn't drinking enough and not exercising enough.

Well the tons of extra water I've consumed and all my exercising I've done... absolutely didn't change anything.

HELL even the whole30 didn't change anything!

So it's time to take it to the doctor. I've said this before and planned this before. Nothing to stand in my way this time!

Because of my general anxiety associated to going to the doctor, I'll probably forget about any other subject I need to discuss. But this one is #1 priority, so let me just focus on that one.

"When the waves take you up and down"

A general observation of my life.

I trip and fall into a hole, climb out of it, walk a bit, trip again.

Repeat, repeat, repeat.

I guess it's better to accept my mental hurdles than fight them. Haha.

Either way. I have an idea. *bites into idea and doesn't let go*

Personal records as of August 5th:

- Squats: 20, 10, 10

- Push ups: inclined: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

- Pull ups: bent over rows (4.2kg each hand): 5, 5, 5

- Plank: 15, 15, 15

- Elliptical: 5:14 min

- Cycling: 1 hour

- Walking: 30 min

Beginning STATS

(taken Sunday August 5th)

- Height: 178 cm (5'10")

- Weight: 76.5 kg (169 pounds)

- Hip measurement (widest part): 107.8 cm (42 inch)

What if... I can beat all that by August 5th this year?!

Raise your hand if you feel it's possible for me.

*raises hand*

*Definitely Raises Hand*

Girlie, you got this! I'm sorry things are going the way they are, hun, but know that I'm here for you in any way I can!!!!!!!!! August 5th is a great date, and gives you the whole summer to achieve what you want! Red put it nicely, DO WHAT YOU KNOW BEST. And we, as your NF family, will be here to support you! GO start kickin ass on those goals, Kib!!

WOLF

OH YOU GUYS <333 I need more hands though... but yay :D

ALSO I DID 7 WALL PUSH UPS THIS MORNING, *mind blown*

Actually they were clothes closet push ups, but I don't think it matters.

Morning routine has been done :D

1 min vibrations

1 min hip circles (30 sec each way)

1 min front scales (30 sec each leg)

7 wall push ups!!!!! (didn't get the full minute, but I'll get to that :3)

1 min psoas stretch (30 sec each side)

1 min hollow body (my legs are still up in the air for this)

1 min breathing

Also since I have the day off today, I decided to try a fast.

I didn't eat from 9:15pm till 9:15am!! (=12 hours)

Only 2 hours short! I slept from 10:25pm till 5:12am.

It was so easy. Just drank water and didn't really get hungry till 9am. Drank water, gave it 15 min, didn't help so I broke my fast.

Didn't realize I was able.

I'll probably just start with fasting on days off, because that's MUCH MUCH easier for me.

BUT ANYWAY. I feel great!

Oh I didn't tell you about my doctor's visit yet...

He asked me what I wanted... yes I'm not kidding.

So I said a solution, but also WHY I'm having problems.

He was okay with that, but did say finding an actual reason doesn't really happen often?

Anyway I need to go get blood work done and get a x-ray of my belly (or so?)

I'm terrified of needles, so this'll be fun :3

Loads of things will be checked, apparently. Not sure what all of them are... but I do know they're gonna check for food allergies, so I'm gonna have that one officially in my pocket soon enough. (either positive or negative)

I also got a laxative to help me... a month's worth of it actually. I just figured it be better to start with it after the blood and picture have been taken.

So all in all positive.

Yesterday also I went on a city walk with my mom and one of her friends. It was a guided tour through the town my parents live in.

It was a pretty big group. Learned lots, it was fun. Until it started pouring. It was cut slightly short, but that's okay, it was just free anyway.

So yep. I'm great! You can all stop your worries <3

Absolutely!

*raises hand* 

Glad your appointment went well, I hope they find something for you- either a cause or a solution. It's always better to at least know what the h*lll is going on. 

It's awesome you've just decided to give this fasting a shot- and so smart to do it on an a day off, this'll give you the freedom to eat whenever you end up needing to. IF seems very scary to me, but you seem to have such a great mindset to go with it, so yay for you! :)

Fijne hemelvaartsdag! 

I definitely think you can achieve whatever you set your mind to!

I'm glad to hear your first fast went so well. Like I said before, it shouldn't be too hard, if your body is suited to it. 12 hours is a great place to start. :)

Hi, Kibcy. Sorry to hear you feel so terrible!

As for an easy pull variation, is there anyway you could do something like this?

So I've just tried some pulling exercises...

THESE ARE TOO EASY?! WHAT!

Is there something between that and an inverted row (i.e. pulling yourself up toward a kitchen table in my case).

Because let me ins give me not really any type of workout, whereas inverted rows are too difficult to do.

Absolutely!

*raises hand* 

Glad your appointment went well, I hope they find something for you- either a cause or a solution. It's always better to at least know what the h*lll is going on. 

It's awesome you've just decided to give this fasting a shot- and so smart to do it on an a day off, this'll give you the freedom to eat whenever you end up needing to. IF seems very scary to me, but you seem to have such a great mindset to go with it, so yay for you! :)

Fijne hemelvaartsdag!

Hooray! I should high-five you all :D

Well the solution is laxatives for now lol. Hopefully they'll find a cause so laxatives will be replaced by a real solution!

Yeah for me it's the realization and then the belief that I don't need food all the time. That makes going without food so much easier!

I essentially just was like, "I'll eat when I'm really hungry", which was at 9:15am. So it's not like I was fighting through any hunger. If I had been hungry right out of bed, I would've eaten then :)

But told me this only a few weeks ago and I'd be like no way! So I totally get that too :)

Fijne hemelsvaartdag! ;)

I definitely think you can achieve whatever you set your mind to!

I'm glad to hear your first fast went so well. Like I said before, it shouldn't be too hard, if your body is suited to it. 12 hours is a great place to start. :)

Thanks! I think so too!

Yeah, I'm really surprised, but really happy too. I think it's also really believing and knowing it's possible to not eat haha.

I'll probably keep it to my days off for now. BUT I ordered a container online today, so I can take my breakfast with me!!

Is there something between that and an inverted row (i.e. pulling yourself up toward a kitchen table in my case).

Because let me ins give me not really any type of workout, whereas inverted rows are too difficult to do.

You are probably using your arms rather than your back to pull you. You really need to focus on using only your back to bring you forward. The hands and arms are just what attaches you to the door.

• Use pronated grip, towels can increase difficulty
  • Move slowly and really squeeze at the top
  • The more forward your feet are, the harder it is
  • The straighter your legs are, the harder it will be
  • You can also do them with one arm at a time

If you still don't feel it, you can try table rows again. Are you doing them with bent knees?

Do you have access to dumbbells? Dumbbell rows work the same muscles, and you can gradually increase the weight you're pulling 'til you can do your bodyweight. A heavy toolbox or suitcase could work, too.

You are probably using your arms rather than your back to pull you. You really need to focus on using only your back to bring you forward. The hands and arms are just what attaches you to the door.

• Use pronated grip, towels can increase difficulty
  • Move slowly and really squeeze at the top
  • The more forward your feet are, the harder it is
  • The straighter your legs are, the harder it will be
  • You can also do them with one arm at a time
If you still don't feel it, you can try table rows again. Are you doing them with bent knees?

I used a towel, though could maybe adjust for grip.

I'm not sure what you mean with "using your back" though?

I'll see about playing around with it and see if I can make it more difficult :)

Also, you can move your feet further forward, even under or past the doorknob to increase the difficulty as you do the motion.

Hmmm thanks. Yeah I already had my feet near the door.

Do you have access to dumbbells? Dumbbell rows work the same muscles, and you can gradually increase the weight you're pulling 'til you can do your bodyweight. A heavy toolbox or suitcase could work, too.

Yeah I've done rows before. That could work, but I'm not such a fan of the exercise really.

Probably because my elbow gets in a twisted funk. I don't even know what happens, just know it hurts and I can't really stretch my arm without first putting down the dumbbell. Then I have to shake out my arm to make it fine again.

But it's something I can work on yeah :)

Glad you're doing so well Kib :) keep it up!

Hmmm thanks. Yeah I already had my feet near the door.

You can even put your feet on either side of the door with the door between your legs. The further your feet move towards the hinge side of the door, the closer the motion will be to inverted rows, allowing you to progress much the same way as you would through various stages of wall, counter, chair push ups, before being ready for knee push ups on the floor.