• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Siferiax

Kibcy follow in Wolf's paw prints

There ya go peeps. They're still relatively easy, but I feel like I'm getting a workout now.

Thanks for the video! A few quick tips:

• You should try to maintain a plank position with the straight leg variation. Right now, you've got your shoulders and head rolled forward.
  • Keep your elbows as close to your body as you can and focus on drawing them back.
  • When you get to the top of the movement, you should really feel your shoulder blades drawn together.

Hopefully this will help you feel it in your back a bit more. :)

Thanks for the video! A few quick tips:

• You should try to maintain a plank position with the straight leg variation. Right now, you've got your shoulders and head rolled forward.
  • Keep your elbows as close to your body as you can and focus on drawing them back.
  • When you get to the top of the movement, you should really feel your shoulder blades drawn together.
Hopefully this will help you feel it in your back a bit more. :)

Thanks for the tips!

Tried a little, It's just that I look were I'm going I guess? If I keep my head upright it feels weird :tongue:

Got ya on the other two! I feel my shoulder blades getting together, so I guess that's good :D

*comes running in from Yesterday* WAIT! MY HAND!! o/

Kibcy, you can do it! Awesome video! You can do it!!

YAY! *high five*

HAHA Thanks Red :)

After all these arm exercises I decided to do some leg work for the morning routine!

I still feel I'm definitely not at my workout peek in the mornings, but it still is great to get at least some exercising out of the way before going to work!

1 min vibrations

1 min hip circles

1 min front scales (30sec each leg)

9 squats (didn't make a minute)

1 min psoas stretch (30sec each side)

1 min hollow body (with legs in the air still)

1 min breathing

*fist pump* Last day of this workweek! Also it's extremely quiet as a lot of people have a day off because the country had a day off yesterday.

I'm just that idiot that goes to work :tongue:

ALSO! BIG NEWS!!!

In June I'll be (for 99% sure) going to New York!!!!!

As I've previously told you all, my mom lost her job.

The good news is, she has a new job! Meaning she's going to get a lot of money from being laid off, but isn't going to be in a tight spot where she needs to use the money to get by.

So some of that money is going towards a trip to New York! Me, my mom and my aunt :)

My heart starts racing every time I think it's ONLY A MONTH AWAY!!!

Just need to settle the last few things, namely: getting off work for a week :tongue:

So yeah, I'm feeling pretty awesome!

Oh New York! Sounds really exciting! Are there any places/sights you specifically want to visit/see? :D 
Just be aware that when you'll get home the jet lag might be horrible (it took my parents a realllly long time to get back to normal, but they didn't have any problems on the way there - so that's good :)). 

And way to go doing some exercise in the morning! I always feel way too uncoordinated the first hour or so after waking up ^^; 

Oh New York! Sounds really exciting! Are there any places/sights you specifically want to visit/see? :D 

Just be aware that when you'll get home the jet lag might be horrible (it took my parents a realllly long time to get back to normal, but they didn't have any problems on the way there - so that's good :)). 

And way to go doing some exercise in the morning! I always feel way too uncoordinated the first hour or so after waking up ^^;

No worries, I'm a skilled jet lagger. I generally don't have issues with it. I've been to Florida (3x), California, British Columbia (that would be Canada) and Australia before. I know what to expect ;)

I'm obviously gonna see all the sights haha. My mom went there like last year, I'm expecting the grand tour :tongue:

I don't have, for me, any special requests though. I generally just go with the flow :tongue:

YES I am too! LOL. Those front scales (basically standing on 1 leg?) I could do 60 sec on my left... now I have trouble with 30 sec...

I generally don't do it right out of bed though, so I do get a 5 min wake up first :tongue:

Challenge Goal Update

Cookbook meals

2/6 done

Planned a carrot salad for tonight

And spinach risotto for tomorrow

To do list stuff

I officially signed off from one of the peer groups and HOPEFULLY I'll start feeling better about doing work shit.

I have a meeting planned with my manager on Tuesday to settle some things for my work goals this year.

I need to do so much now for my vacation to New York, including getting a new passport because mine is about to expire. (in August, but it needs to be valid for at least 6 months when going)

- Tomorrow I planned to make a photo for my passport

- Thursday I'm gonna go to city hall(?I think you know what I mean) to request a new one.

- I need to get a travel insurance..

In addition I'm going to have my blood taken on Monday and also on Monday need to make an appointment for my x-ray (I think it's an x-ray :tongue:)

Yup. I put it in my calendar!

On top of that I have 4 minimalism things to finish this week (or fall behind further, lol)

- Declutter book closet

- Declutter CD/DVD/Games shelves

- Declutter kitchen

- Declutter winter gear

*fist pump*

Bench press / Crow are still on hold.

Though I am gonna try and just do wall push ups instead of bench press. I have a feeling I'm just not quite good with them weights. 2 things: form & weight. I think anyway.

So let me just work on things with my body weight :)

I may attempt some crow at some point again.

Yes my shoulder has been feeling better, I'm just very careful about it.

Not sure which one to cheer for more; New york, video or that you seem to be doing a lot better!! \o/

Spinach risotto.. nomnomnom :)

Not sure which one to cheer for more; New york, video or that you seem to be doing a lot better!! \o/

All of it :D Thank you!!!

CHEER FOR ALL OF THE THINGS!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

11 wall push ups? CHECK. That's 4 more than two days ago :)

I'm getting the hang of this morning routine :D

I made spinach risotto yesterday instead of my salad. Salad is for today then.

I judge it really easy to make, and really yummy :D

I accidentally poured in 0.5L of bouillon instead of 0.25L... I think that may have actually been an advantage lol.

Here's a picture anyway!

Dinner-2013-05-10_zpsbfac4611.jpg

And that makes 3/6 done :D

I'm kinda in a hurry and totally forgot something.

I accidentally did a 14 hour fast. LOL

I was like, damn I'm getting hungry.

So I looked at when I last ate and I was like... hang on...

18:12.... ~8.... wait... 8:12 is 14 hours!!!

So yeah that happened.

I ate a boiled egg at 8:20. I started boiling right away at 8, but it takes a while and I was busy and... stuff.

I wanna see if I can get my "real" breakfast in at lunchtime anyway. But I'm not very confident here.

Either way I'm leaving the house in about ~30 min... so this'll be interesting.

I can always eat something at my parents if necessary.

How did breakfast work out? I'm so glad you seem to be finding this style easy to do. :)

I stayed at my parents longer than expected, so things turned out a little... weird?

But I didn't eat again till noon so in that sense it went great ;)

Yeah I'm so surprised! It's like the first things that seems easy to do in terms of food.

I've been... preoccupied.

Obviously it was Mother's Day yesterday. So I spend the whole day at my parents... and besides a 12-13 hour fast, not a whole lot of awesome in terms of food.

My stomach was very upset with me to say the least. All the yummies were had.

Though comparably, I ate loads less than I would've before.

Also in the morning mom and me had a lot of fun with her new scale. It's a wireless scale that sends your weigh ins to an app. We like comparing scales and all that.

Basically here's my results:

My own scale right after sleeping: 80.3kg

My mom's old scale post-breakfast: 80.2kg

My mom's new scale post-breakfast: 80.9kg

For my mom it was actually 1kg of difference.

We shrugged our shoulders, laughed a lot and went with it.

I took the old scale home as a replacement of mine.

My old scale this morning: 80.6kg, 29.3% BF, 51.7% water

My new scale this morning: 80.3kg, 29,9% BF, 51.1% water

Not sure which one is more accurate, but it's funny. I'll keep them together for a few days, see what happens.

The difference is at least not world shocking. And I kinda lean toward trusting my new one a little better... but that could be bias.

Anyway, I did make the carrot salad! It was... interesting... to say the least. It took forever to make and the turkey was an upsetting process and then turned out FAIL. So yay :tongue:

I'll upload the picture when I'm at home some time when I remember :)

Cookbook meals: 4/6 done!

Oh and guys, I watched Obese yesterday... and like WOW that was awesome!

Unfortunately I was driving home right in the middle of it, but I got to see the 9 month weigh in and beyond.. FROM MY STATIONARY BIKE! Total of 18 min!

Anyway. Yeah wow.

See the basic obese episode has this person who's obese get picked and then mister Powell will give them a heavy workout. They nearly give up, but he pushes them through and blah.

NOT THIS GUY! Right when he was picked he was all, LET'S GET STARTED RIGHT NOW. and so they did 10 push ups.

Then right after his weigh in (548lbs what?!), he was all like I wanna get started.

So Chris was okay, 50 push ups from your toes. AND THE GUY DID IT!! WHAT?! Spirit people, spirit!

Sure he collapsed at one point, but damn he had done 35 by then! And yes he went on to do the last 15 as well!

Chris was all impressed, so was I!

Then at the actual work out, the guy just kept asking "what's next?" No complaining, no giving up, just... what's next?

That was so amazing! At the end the guy lost over 50% of his weight.

Hell I couldn't sit still when I got home!! WOW.

So very inspiring :D

Holy crap so much has happened in a few days!! :D

There is so much wooting I don't even know where to start so here's a major SUPER WOOT KIB YOU'RE KICKING ASS!!!!!!!! :D

I know what you mean when you're talking about upset bellies because of yummies. I felt incredibly hungover Saturday morning after the party I went to Friday evening... except I didn't have a drop of alcohol!! I sipped on water all evening/night but had some crisps and salted peanuts (that's all there was to eat). I felt so so bad and still feel my belly hasn't completely recovered 3 days later despite not eating much since. :( Just go back to your usual diet, fast a little and that should help clear it all up. :)

(but congrats on actually having less than you would've before!)

And too bad for the carrot salad but hey, at least you tried ;)

Never heard of Obese, sounds like the guy there was super inspiring and determined though! Wow!!

Holy crap so much has happened in a few days!! :D

There is so much wooting I don't even know where to start so here's a major SUPER WOOT KIB YOU'RE KICKING ASS!!!!!!!! :D

I know what you mean when you're talking about upset bellies because of yummies. I felt incredibly hungover Saturday morning after the party I went to Friday evening... except I didn't have a drop of alcohol!! I sipped on water all evening/night but had some crisps and salted peanuts (that's all there was to eat). I felt so so bad and still feel my belly hasn't completely recovered 3 days later despite not eating much since. :( Just go back to your usual diet, fast a little and that should help clear it all up. :)

(but congrats on actually having less than you would've before!)

And too bad for the carrot salad but hey, at least you tried ;)

Never heard of Obese, sounds like the guy there was super inspiring and determined though! Wow!!

HAHA I know right :D THANKS A LOT!!!!

Yeah, I don't even really know WHY!

Now I'm just having a hangover from lack of sleep and cake, but my stomach is ok.

Maybe it was simply the amount of food my stomach couldn't handle?!

I don't know.

Either way today I'm going to the hospital to have my blood taken, so hopefully soon I'll know if I have any allergies.

I just think it needs some adjustments and it'll be great ;)

Yeah, he was! These season didn't have one like him before yet. Hell last week the woman never hit any of her weight loss goals. And Chris was all confused, and took her into his home for 2 weeks and BAM she lost weight. So she just didn't work hard enough on it. Then again her husband was super unsupportive :(

So it differs, but I love those that show spirit and really fight for it :D

Anyway I'm watching US seasons, as they're airing those until the new Dutch season is ready I guess.

It's basically morbidly obese people going on a weight loss challenge for 1 year.

If they lost enough weight after 9 months, they get skin removal surgery.

In the US version it's done by Chris Powell and he basically sends them on "bootcamp" for a week. They get all kinds of medical screening and what not. Then for the first 3 months, he goes to live with them (actually they transform their living rooms into a fitness center with a dumbbell rack and treadmill and everything lol).

After that they need to do it on their own. They get weigh ins every 3 months where they need to meet a certain goal Chris set. Also they get to do fun stuff if they make it. (just depends on what they have as stuff they wanna do when they loose weight, changes each time)

The only thing I miss in the program is that they don't really show what they eat? They do give an overview like x calories a day, 3x strength training a week, 6x cardio a week... but then you mostly just see video of them working out, or their video diaries. Except when they go on a date with their loved ones.

I dunno.

But yeah... it always makes me think, if these guys can do such a workout, then so can I! So it's great inspiration and motivation for me :)

Started reporting things in my Battle log again, because I feel it's more consistent that way.

Either way I just wanted to report that yesterday morning I did my morning routine and got to 15 let me ins in 1 min.

Filled out the minute! WOOoo

No routine this morning, because time is a bitch and I had to shower.

Because I was home so late and did cycle right before bed.. and... blah.

GUYS I'M SO NERVOUS ABOUT GOING TO THE HOSPITAL THIS AFTERNOON I CAN'T FOCUS ON SHIT!!!

So yeah I'm making 20 posts because I keep forgetting stuff... oops.

IF YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE THIS WEEK ANY MORE STRESSFUL, COME AT ME!!!!

Monday: bloodtests

Tuesday: belly x-ray

Wednesday: (not yet confirmed) meeting with my new manager

Thursday: putting in a request for a new passport

Friday: BREATH

Saturday: get up ridiculously early (we're talking slightly earlier than normal), to take my parents to the airport

I don't handle this kind of shit very well. ESPECIALLY medical stuff ESPECIALLY needles (today).

Also meeting new people, especially authority figures

Also official business and having not to forget to ask for my old one back.. because... I COLLECT THEM PASSPORTS

Kib, are you serious?

Yes! I have all my passports I ever had. Seeing how I was 2 when I got my first one, there are like 4 now ;3

I have to use so many CAPITAL LETTERS today :o

Man... I'm just like... on something... idk

I'm cold and shivering and very upset.

Only like it's just 11am... and I don't leave work till 3pm...

It's a world away before I even go to the hospital.

I'm meeting my dad there <3333

I need some guidance and reassurance along the way.

Then we go back to my apartment for the awesomes

Eh I mean primarily to figure out my pull up bar business :D