• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Siferiax

Kibcy follow in Wolf's paw prints

It kinda is :tongue: I would probably do that about... once a week at minimum? Often enough haha.

Actually there was this summer when I would take my mom and aunt to work every morning... Like we would cycle there and I would cycle back alone.

So 1 it was freaking EARLY like 6-7am. 2 It was ~30km EVERY MORNING

And I was a couch potato who didn't exercise... still can't grasp.

Yeah I was a little scared, but then I was like "screw this I'm doing it", because you know... sometimes you just gotta.

Thanks! It does :tongue:

That is insane! Wow!! And whilst being a couch potato?! You've got to be joking!!!

I had a crazy "screw this, I'm doing it" moment too last year, I went from long hair (below the shoulders) to pixie so yeah, you're totally right, sometimes you just gotta! :P

Working on better a better you is an awesome goal. After reading this, I decided I should re-check my goals. Not only had I forgotten what exactly my food goal was, it didn't even make sense if I had remembered it :redface-new: - ha, Those moments you just have to laugh at yourself and keep it in perspective, and like you said, remember its about improving

Indeed :) Like in a 180 degrees turn in perspective from my first challenge, I shrug my shoulders and remember I'm having fun and doing my best and improving!!

Rocking that haircut! :)

Love Anouk myself, when I'm in a rocky mood.

Thank you!

Anouk is great too :) I listen to loads of different music actually! Right now Brand New Day from the Wizard of Oz is playing XD

That is insane! Wow!! And whilst being a couch potato?! You've got to be joking!!!

I had a crazy "screw this, I'm doing it" moment too last year, I went from long hair (below the shoulders) to pixie so yeah, you're totally right, sometimes you just gotta! :tongue:

Yeah I'm a little insane sometimes. Especially back then. It's probably because I didn't think of it as exercise, I was just having fun ;)

Haha awesome! I never even dared pixie before... because I feel I'd be mistaken for a boy even more often... I don't even...

I'll be honest I've been mistaken for a boy when I had a ponytail... so... YEAH... I don't even know how to respond to that.

My friend did note that every time I got shorter hair lol.

Love your hair, Kibcy!

Thank you!!!

Yeah I'm a little insane sometimes. Especially back then. It's probably because I didn't think of it as exercise, I was just having fun ;)

Haha awesome! I never even dared pixie before... because I feel I'd be mistaken for a boy even more often... I don't even...

I'll be honest I've been mistaken for a boy when I had a ponytail... so... YEAH... I don't even know how to respond to that.

My friend did note that every time I got shorter hair lol.

Aren't we all?! :P And  that's exactly what working out should be, fun, so you were just getting on the training track without even knowing it! Yeps, you're THAT good Kib! :D

I had never dared a pixie cut before either. I actually surprised Mr De_maas with it, he had no clue I was going for a haircut and he ended up not recognising me when I picked him up from the airport, it was hilarious!!!

People mistake you for a boy?! Really?! That's insane!! I'm pretty much at a loss for words! I can't believe it!

So I'm still in destress mode... I'll be back on top of things when I get back to work I guess.

Due to Pentecost that'll be Tuesday ;)

*humongous hugs*

Aren't we all?! :tongue: And  that's exactly what working out should be, fun, so you were just getting on the training track without even knowing it! Yeps, you're THAT good Kib! :D

I had never dared a pixie cut before either. I actually surprised Mr De_maas with it, he had no clue I was going for a haircut and he ended up not recognising me when I picked him up from the airport, it was hilarious!!!

People mistake you for a boy?! Really?! That's insane!! I'm pretty much at a loss for words! I can't believe it!

*humongous hugs*

If I was having a lot of fun and my brain would be like "OH LET'S WORKOUT BECAUSE IT'S FUN", I'd be a lot further down the road I think :tongue: For now I'm just stuck in the same place exercise wise. I'm definitely not getting stronger or having more endurance.

HAHA I can imagine :)

And yes loads of people have, so it's not... you know, just some one person.

I don't really know why either... Maybe because I have short hair, dress(ed) in baggy clothes... and I don't even have something that screams BOOBS lol! (also baggy clothes :tongue:)

I don't really mind it. I'm often very boyish anyway.

*hugs* I'm in "play all the Assassin's Creed" mode. Yesterday I actually finished AC1, then played 2 for 10 hours and 40 minutes. :tongue: I'm feeling better today and got some chores done! (yes I got chores done before 9am...)

I had a record yesterday! Went to the toilet 3 times.... I don't... do that.

Also I was right. I'm totally having diarrhea right now... sucks. From one extreme to the next...

OH well calling the doctor tomorrow, hopefully he'll have some answers :D

KIBCY!!!!! just caught up reading your lovely thread...20 pages!! Damn. And diarrhea is no bueno...at all!!! So I hope that passes soon and you are back to pooping like a champ, lol!

1 more week!! Let's see what ya got, babe?!?! Show me and everyone else what its like to be a WOLF!

WOLF

KIBCY!!!!! just caught up reading your lovely thread...20 pages!! Damn. And diarrhea is no bueno...at all!!! So I hope that passes soon and you are back to pooping like a champ, lol!

1 more week!! Let's see what ya got, babe?!?! Show me and everyone else what its like to be a WOLF!

WOLF

WOLF!! <333

Let me state it this way, diarrhea is better than the opposite. So if I'm to have diarrhea to not have the opposite? BRING IT!

I've never pooped like a champ, lol :tongue: I've always pooped with pain and difficulty, diarrhea is a relief from that ;)

RAWR!!! Actually I got nothing... bah.

Well lots of hours into AC... but... lol. Like 18+ hours in 2 days for Assassin's Creed 2. Like 1 was great, and then was 2 and I was like HOLY SMOKES *addiction mode activated* haha. Loving it :D I'm just the worst assassin ever, even more so in 1. Mostly because I'm an idiot who always smashes the wrong buttons, so I have to go screaming at my screen because the guards caught up with me again XD

Guys I'm at work and I haven't eaten yet :o there's breakfast for me in the fridge. Still about an hour till the 14 hour mark. But I'm feeling fine :)

So now that I'm getting used to all this, all I need to do now is eat healthier ;)

I consumed 3/4 of a cake in one day... and the other part on another day.

You can see all that happening in my battle log. My food consumption has been crazy as ever as I've been feeling really not like cooking.

I've dipped under the 80kg though!!!!!

It's been going up and down a little, but 79.x steadily :) Very excited here!!!

My goal "weight" is below 80kg... :D How much below, I do not care. so 79.7 this morning? AWESOME!

I think my weight has also been weirdly influenced by the laxative I'm taking. One day I lost 0.3kg during the day, to gain 0.1 during the night. I was like HUH?!

Also my water percentage has been going up... which is like... logic XD

In about 15 minutes I can call my doctor. Then I'll be put on a list (if the results are in anyway) to be called back to discuss. I'll keep you guys posted <3

79.7?! That's freakin' AMAZING!!

IT IS!!! I'm so freaking impressed with how much this whole thing is working!!!

Like I may not eat healthy, but overall I totally consume less calories :)

So I totally forgot to call the doctor's office early, but still maybe for the best I was an hour later, no wait time!

BUT!!! My test results are in! So my doctor will be calling me between 2:30 and 3pm... like at the end of my work day. lol

Or for those not in my time zone, in like 5 and a half to 6 hours time counting from this post's time stamp ;)

*face palm* totally forgot to say I attempted a crow pose again! Yesterday, just once. But still!

No progress, but still at the same spot. Which is great considering how I wasn't doing anything toward it.

Also my body was okay with it and not screaming in pain :D

I've dipped under the 80kg though!!!!!

It's been going up and down a little, but 79.x steadily :) Very excited here!!!

My goal "weight" is below 80kg... :D How much below, I do not care. so 79.7 this morning? AWESOME!

I think my weight has also been weirdly influenced by the laxative I'm taking. One day I lost 0.3kg during the day, to gain 0.1 during the night. I was like HUH?!

Also my water percentage has been going up... which is like... logic XD

So happy for you!!! This is A-MAZING!!!! :D

Enormous kudos and high fives and super happy hugs!!

Guys I'm at work and I haven't eaten yet :o there's breakfast for me in the fridge. Still about an hour till the 14 hour mark. But I'm feeling fine :)

So now that I'm getting used to all this, all I need to do now is eat healthier ;)

And super well done for keeping the fasting up! It seems to be working really well for you :D

I don't doubt you'll figure out how to eat better soon, you're great that way Kib ;)

So I totally forgot to call the doctor's office early, but still maybe for the best I was an hour later, no wait time!

BUT!!! My test results are in! So my doctor will be calling me between 2:30 and 3pm... like at the end of my work day. lol

Or for those not in my time zone, in like 5 and a half to 6 hours time counting from this post's time stamp ;)

So hope you get *some* form of helpful results. *fingers crossed* How are you feeling now btw?

*face palm* totally forgot to say I attempted a crow pose again! Yesterday, just once. But still!

No progress, but still at the same spot. Which is great considering how I wasn't doing anything toward it.

Also my body was okay with it and not screaming in pain :D

Well done!!!!!! You really are totally rocking it!!!

*rant mode activated*

So I was thinking here... I've caught some serious funk again and it SUCKS.

I'm still nowhere closer to... well to anything.

Sure I'm happy my diet is getting under control in the "don't eat too much" department.

BUT I'm still lacking the "cook dinner" "eat vegetables" and all that crap department.

ALSO WHAT IS EXERCISING ANYWAY?!

I can't even remember the last time I workout, except that one crow pose test.

I've just been sitting on my ass thinking I SHOULD probably exercise. but DAMN.

I just can't get myself to get up and do anything.

It's like my body is totally against MOVING.

So yesterday I took out the trash around 8pm. That's the first time I left my house since my grocery shopping trip on Saturday!!

I've been sitting inside destressing with Assassin's Creed... and I can tell you, IT HAS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE EFFECT.

Gaming stresses me like you wouldn't believe. Hell I was literally (yes actually literally, I'm not exaggerating) screaming at my screen, because I couldn't get something done.

Like the moment you have to run from guards and I'm in a bit of a panic and smashing all the wrong buttons and continuously FAIL to find a hideout spot.

Assassin's Creed 2 makes it slightly more manageable by having the added extra that running away and staying out of sight long enough = finding a hiding spot. Also as I was about to close off for the night yesterday I got the tip that the blue dots on the map in AC2 were hiding spot. YES THANK YOU... why didn't you tell me this sooner. RTFM probably XD

So yes. This means I get a nice shot of adrenaline while sitting down. Which means yesterday I was completely exhausted mentally and had a fired up body. THAT DOES NOT HELP.

I just can't calm myself the hell down okay?!

OKAY!

I need relaxing techniques which make me deal with my stress instead of avoid it.

I just don't really know how to unload the emotional tension in my body.

So basically I'm a ticking time bomb. Either exploding in anger or tears. AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW BECAUSE SOMEONE TAPED OFF THE TIME DISPLAY.

*sigh*

So you have me ending up screaming at a video game for the mistakes I make. Or bursting out in tears over every bit of SAD that a movie or TV series has... and then crying uncontrollably for like 10 minutes.

So. They say exercise should help with that... WELL I HAVEN'T EXACTLY BEEN CONSISTENT ENOUGH TO TEST THAT THEORY!

(everything is a theory until it is proven to work for ME)

And now for the rest of the day you shall have your nerve wrecked Kibcy who's waiting to be called back about test results. PEACHY.

If I could throw a tantrum like a 2-year-old I would, but I'm at work, and unlike some people in this world I do not have my own office space, but it's an open work floor set up. No cubicles or anything.

Just a desk and a computer. AND A LOT OF NOISE!!!!

For people who don't know... noise is a stressor for me.

Especially when I'm lying in bed trying to relax and fall asleep.

Generally I deal well with noise though, but it can set me off, especially when it's really quiet and startles me. AND OH YEAH I'M EASILY STARTLED!!!

I'm just so annoyed that I have no discipline to speak off!!!

I've finally managed to do some chores yesterday... and after just played AC2 for the rest of the day... till finally I was like maybe I should eat. So I ate previously boiled eggs and barely managed to clean the litter box and trash can and take both trash bags to the whatever you call a big thing underground outside. It was raining. This didn't make it any better.

Then I went to bed.

SO I HAVE NO DISCIPLINE AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BE... DISCIPLINED?!

Wow and it only took me three tries to spell that word right... *corrects other two*

I don't really want to use it as an excuse, but still I keep circling back to my upbringing and my mom's need to swing to the other extreme compared to her upbringing and then blaming me for not being disciplined while well, she never taught me to be that!

The only thing I can MANAGE, and feel RESPONSIBLE for is.... work.

Now why would that be? OH! I know. that's all I ever saw!!!

No matter what... in later years, mom was working.

Before that I barely saw my dad as he was working full time and had to commute a lot.

MOM WAS WORKING FULL TIME AS WELL. So I was at my grandparents a lot.

So you know what grandparents don't teach?! That's right.......

Basically the fact I grew up in utopia is now working against me.

So please parents don't put children in utopia... the world outside will be very disappointing and scary.

Yes you wanna protect and not burden your little ones. I say do it the appropriate amount for their age and build it up as they grow. They will only benefit and be independent and successful a lot easier.

JUST SAYING that's what my upbringing taught me.

And now I need to get back to work as my (intimidating) coworker has asked me to finish something.

Oh wow that post is totally longer than I thought... okay... moving on...

So happy for you!!! This is A-MAZING!!!! :D

Enormous kudos and high fives and super happy hugs!!

And super well done for keeping the fasting up! It seems to be working really well for you :D

I don't doubt you'll figure out how to eat better soon, you're great that way Kib ;)

So hope you get *some* form of helpful results. *fingers crossed* How are you feeling now btw?

Well done!!!!!! You really are totally rocking it!!!

Thanks!!! I'm really happy with it as well!

Thanks! I was only 18 minutes short of 14 hours, WOW! That's totally amazing!

I hope so! I've been struggling with eating the right stuff every time I don't have a parent making me dinner. Yes it's the cooking that's tripping me up, not so much that I have to eat the cooked stuff. I was just fine when living with my parents.

Me too! little anxious here to be honest. but very curious as well.

I'm physically feeling alright. My bowels are adjusting to the sudden use of laxatives haha. I'll be fine :)

I was already fine and it can only get better :tongue: Just those bowel movements getting easier, hopefully... because yesterday I didn't go at all. So not sure what to think of it.

I'm hoping to get to 10 seconds... but I doubt it will happen this challenge.

Still, I'm happy I can at least get into the full pose :D

*rant mode activated*

So I was thinking here... I've caught some serious funk again and it SUCKS.

I'm still nowhere closer to... well to anything.

All I can say is, "in the words of someone I respect and value a lot, COME AT ME."

You say you are nowhere closer to anything, but YOU CAN FREAKING GET IN CROW POSE! YOUR WEIGHT IS BELOW 80 KG! YOU HELP A DEPRESSED AND ANXIOUS FRIEND NEARLY EVERY DAY! You tried IF when I never even would have guessed it might work for you AND IT FREAKING WORKS! YOU'VE STOPPED EATING SNACKS!

Seriously, no closer to anything? Maybe you need to stop looking at concrete goals and just realize that YOU ARE MAKING AWESOME PROGRESS. You keep moving on the road to leveling up your life. I don't even know how you can't see that while you might be in a couple sucky levels of grinding, you are still churning experience after experience and making those levels anyway.

YOU ARE AMAZING! You just need to learn the right ways to see how amazing you are.

Sure I'm happy my diet is getting under control in the "don't eat too much" department.

BUT I'm still lacking the "cook dinner" "eat vegetables" and all that crap department.

ALSO WHAT IS EXERCISING ANYWAY?!

I can't even remember the last time I workout, except that one crow pose test.

I've just been sitting on my ass thinking I SHOULD probably exercise. but DAMN.

I just can't get myself to get up and do anything.

I think you need to totally stop exercising. You are one of the best people I know at PLAYING. Exercise is a dirty word, so don't use it. PLAY, PLAY, PLAY, PLAY, PLAY. Do you know the best thing about play? If it isn't fun, you aren't playing. And since it is FUN, you automatically WANT TO KEEP DOING IT, and WANT TO DO MORE OF IT. So, for now, maybe replace that four letter word EXERCISE with the much more beautiful and enjoyable word PLAY.

If I could throw a tantrum like a 2-year-old I would, but I'm at work, and unlike some people in this world I do not have my own office space, but it's an open work floor set up. No cubicles or anything.

Just a desk and a computer. AND A LOT OF NOISE!!!!

For people who don't know... noise is a stressor for me.

Especially when I'm lying in bed trying to relax and fall asleep.

Generally I deal well with noise though, but it can set me off, especially when it's really quiet and startles me. AND OH YEAH I'M EASILY STARTLED!!!

OMFG, I can't imagine a more difficult environment to work in. No wonder you dread work. It sounds absolutely terrible. I can only imagine that kind of environment takes a lot out of you. It is no freaking wonder you don't feel like doing anything by the time you get home.

Basically the fact I grew up in utopia is now working against me.

So please parents don't put children in utopia... the world outside will be very disappointing and scary.

Yes you wanna protect and not burden your little ones. I say do it the appropriate amount for their age and build it up as they grow. They will only benefit and be independent and successful a lot easier.

Seconded. Children need to grow, and to experience life. A child that never scrapes his knees because she has always been protected by knee pads will grow up scared of being hurt and with none of the knowledge that a little bit of pain is okay, and she is totally strong enough to handle it. She will be afraid to try hard for what is important to her because she is afraid she might fail, instead of knowing she is strong enough to get back up when she falls over, even with all those cuts and bruises.

Thanks! I was only 18 minutes short of 14 hours, WOW! That's totally amazing!

AMAZEBALLS!

I'm hoping to get to 10 seconds... but I doubt it will happen this challenge.

Still, I'm happy I can at least get into the full pose :D

DOUBLE AMAZEBALLS!

All I can say is, "in the words of someone I respect and value a lot, COME AT ME."

You say you are nowhere closer to anything, but YOU CAN FREAKING GET IN CROW POSE! YOUR WEIGHT IS BELOW 80 KG! YOU HELP A DEPRESSED AND ANXIOUS FRIEND NEARLY EVERY DAY! You tried IF when I never even would have guessed it might work for you AND IT FREAKING WORKS! YOU'VE STOPPED EATING SNACKS!

Seriously, no closer to anything? Maybe you need to stop looking at concrete goals and just realize that YOU ARE MAKING AWESOME PROGRESS. You keep moving on the road to leveling up your life. I don't even know how you can't see that while you might be in a couple sucky levels of grinding, you are still churning experience after experience and making those levels anyway.

YOU ARE AMAZING! You just need to learn the right ways to see how amazing you are.

Wow haha. I guess it's now your turn to confront me with reality.

I guess I'm just not anywhere with making progress of making moving my body a habit.

And I guess that frustrates me. You know when you want (to do) something, but something in your mind is stopping you? Yeah that.

I think you need to totally stop exercising. You are one of the best people I know at PLAYING. Exercise is a dirty word, so don't use it. PLAY, PLAY, PLAY, PLAY, PLAY. Do you know the best thing about play? If it isn't fun, you aren't playing. And since it is FUN, you automatically WANT TO KEEP DOING IT, and WANT TO DO MORE OF IT. So, for now, maybe replace that four letter word EXERCISE with the much more beautiful and enjoyable word PLAY.

Okay Mily you made your point let's play :)

The problem is, is that when it comes to moving, I'm not sure how to... I'm just so... against moving my body... it feels like this huge mountain I have to climb and I'm unsure of where the first step might be.

Maybe I should review that GMB article about it...

OMFG, I can't imagine a more difficult environment to work in. No wonder you dread work. It sounds absolutely terrible. I can only imagine that kind of environment takes a lot out of you. It is no freaking wonder you don't feel like doing anything by the time you get home.

It's not absolutely terrible, because most of the time I'm left alone and it is peaceful.

But yeah all the constant stimulation from everywhere DOES sap my energy a lot and takes my focus away.

Seconded. Children need to grow, and to experience life. A child that never scrapes his knees because she has always been protected by knee pads will grow up scared of being hurt and with none of the knowledge that a little bit of pain is okay, and she is totally strong enough to handle it. She will be afraid to try hard for what is important to her because she is afraid she might fail, instead of knowing she is strong enough to get back up when she falls over, even with all those cuts and bruises.

WOW OKAY that is exactly how I feel... ALL OF THAT! ALL THE TIME!

Your words ring very true and I tip my hat at that description. Thanks.

AMAZEBALLS!

DOUBLE AMAZEBALLS!

Yeah sometimes I can do amazing things :tongue:

Soooo the doctor called and then my phone was on silent... lol Also because he called earlier than expected...

But he called again and this time I did pick up :)

BASICALLY I'M HEALTHY!!!!! OH.... what else is new?

So the gluten allergy test wasn't in yet, so I have to call back for that, apparently it takes longer.

Otherwise all tests were good. liver, kidneys, etc etc. Also no other food allergies, which includes diary :)

So my blood work was FINE.

HOWEVER. He did say on my x-ray it showed a lot of poop in my big intestine. Which is not good. Basically also what's been causing me belly aches and stuff.

So basically for now I just need to continue the laxative, which should smooth everything out and stabilize it.

Well I can say "flat" belly is nice :3

I'm so glad to hear you are healthy! I totally get the gaming stress as well, lol. My heart rate goes up as if I'm actually running across the rooftops myself! Mily made so many great points about the progress that you are making. I know it's frustrating to be failing in something you really want, but don't forget your successes. I totally agree with his idea of finding some way to play.  Once you find movements you enjoy, you'll never struggle to follow through. :)

I'm so glad to hear you are healthy! I totally get the gaming stress as well, lol. My heart rate goes up as if I'm actually running across the rooftops myself! Mily made so many great points about the progress that you are making. I know it's frustrating to be failing in something you really want, but don't forget your successes. I totally agree with his idea of finding some way to play.  Once you find movements you enjoy, you'll never struggle to follow through. :)

Thank you!!! <3

Well I have movements I enjoy... it's still a struggle... :(

GUYS I HAVE THE FIRST POST OF MY NEXT CHALLENGE WRITTEN!!! THERE'S RPING THERE!!! CAN IT START ALREADY!?

Yeah being able to write something has got me all excited. I love writing and I've just not had the juice for it for way too long (read months).

GUYS I HAVE THE FIRST POST OF MY NEXT CHALLENGE WRITTEN!!! THERE'S RPING THERE!!! CAN IT START ALREADY!?

Yeah being able to write something has got me all excited. I love writing and I've just not had the juice for it for way too long (read months).

Sweet! Glad you had the energy to write it up, excited to read it.