No registered users viewing this page.

Kibcy follow in Wolf's paw prints

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Past 6 weeks Milythael and The Wolf have been huge inspirations to me and helped me through a great deal of funk!!! The Wolf inspired me to go from an asari assassin to a wolf assassin and I'm feelin

Love the pictures (especially the after, Roar!) and love your first goal! That's one I should write down for future reference, plenty of unused (even paleo!) cookbooks on my shelves.   Maybe a very no

Thank you Nah it's not a nooby thing to ask I have very good reasons actually. I'm doing bench press, because I can't do push ups and I want to work on my push strength to be able to do push ups.

That is an awesome chart!  It is definitely a great way to track your progress. Is it just made from a basic spreadsheet?

Thank you! It's made with Excel. Feel free to have a look: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d52788w5o4nmnoe/Progress.xlsx

I love the chart!  Also, I wish my brain would stop be from punching walls.  I thought I broke my hand once when I punched my dresser after my favorite hockey team got eliminated from the playoffs.  Of course, I wasn't working out then, so I didn't really have a vent for my anger.  I'm sure I wouldn't do the same thing now.  (They need a shifty-eyed smiley...)

Thanks! I need a boxing ball to vent my aggression on. Seriously the exercising I do now, or what I have done in the past aren't cutting it :|

Even though I've been told that I should exercise to get my emotions in check, I really only seem to benefit from hitting stuff.

Ooh, awesome chart. The averages make it so much easier to see the trends. Also, make the difference between the morning and evening weight-ins much more regular.

Take care of the wrist! Crow pose will help strengthen it, too.

Thank you!! And yeah that's what I noticed. It smooths out the data :)

I will! And yeah, I'm sure it will along with other arm/hand strength/balancing I'm doing.

You picked the right Wolf to learn from then :)

I'm jealous of your dedication to this wrist prep! Sucks you aren't awarded with freedom from pain though. Let's hope it'll get better!

Haha totally :)

It's more a necessity to keep it from hurting too much I guess :tongue: I expect it to go better with time, just like my shoulder has been getting better.

Ahhh...thanks KB girl, thats a sweet comment! And Kibcy, PLEASE..PLEASE stay positve, don't let anything ever change that :) I'll have to check out the chart when I get home :) but it sounds wicked-awesome!

WOLF

I'll do my best sir! I'm just glad I don't fall back in the dumb I've been in only a few years ago.

Haha yeah the chart is pretty cool :)

It looks like you're making great progress with the crow!   It honestly didn't take too long between the time where I was tapping feet on the ground to re-catch my balance or tipping forward, and the point where I could solidly balance for 5+ seconds.   The hard part for the crow seems to be getting your feet off of the ground at all.  If you're afraid of face-planting, you could always put a pillow or something soft in front of your hands.

Thanks!!! I hope I can do the same, though looking at my push ups... still can't do those.

I'm afraid of falling no matter what the surface I fall on it :tongue: But maybe it helps making it a little less scary yes.

Is it sad that I'm jealous of your graph? i only have 3 measly data points, lol.

Noooooo hahahaha. You have no idea!!! When I started it was like URGGHHH hurry up I want fancy charts with lots of data.

So Yeah I totally get your feeling!!

KIBCY!! I feel like the biggest jerk! You've been commenting on my thread and I never thought to come to yours to support you on your challenge! I'm ecstatic that you're becoming a Wolf!

That's because you are the biggest jerk!!! <3333 I'm just kidding I love you!

Thanks, I'll just have to do really awesome now that you're following along :o

That's because you are the biggest jerk!!! <3333 I'm just kidding I love you!

Thanks, I'll just have to do really awesome now that you're following along :o

:P Put it on my "Red's been a Jerk" Tab

I'll be following you very closely! Like "Who's in the Tree?" Closely! O.O

Day 3 - April 17th

1. Make 1 cookbook meal a week

Nothing done yet.

2. Do a crow pose

Nothing done.

3. Follow bench press program

7 reps with 6kg/hand

4. Eliminate To Do List / Keep on top of things

Nothing done yet.

Workout

Wall slides: 7

Shoulder dislocators: 7

Bench press 6kg/hand: 7

Overall

SLEEP!!!!! ALL THE SLEEP!!!

That sums up my day.

I crapped out in bed at 4:42pm (that would be right after getting home) and slept till 7:55pm (that would be over 3 hours later)

I got out of bed, wandered around, did my workout, ate some yoghurt, went back to bed at 9:08pm and slept till 5:15am

So I'm wishing I was still in bed now, because I'm tired!! Also the world stopped making sense........ HOW AM I STILL TIRED?!

/forever tired

Also you guys are awesome <333 thanks so much!

Sorry to hear you are so tired and hungry! I get that way sometimes the week before I start. Hope you're back to normal soon!

I'll be fine. I'm nearly always tired, so that helps.

And yeah I'm nearly always hungry.

So turns out, this is pretty normal for me. No going back to normal I suppose :|

I didn't eat all the things btw. cheese/bacon omelet, or at least something that was trying to pass for it and a cracker with chocolate paste and milk.

I don't even know what I'm doing anymore for food.

3 things.

I need more fat & protein

I need more veggies

I need more meat

And less carbs would hopefully be a happy side effect off all that.

That's it! I'll post my food log. Feel free to run away and whatever. It is not pretty.

I don't register quantities, and all the water (and sometimes unsweetened tea) I consume.

11 april 2013

Cereal & yoghurt

Jouster pof (Dutch yummies! Very sugary, very bad)

Milk

Pistachios

Mixed nuts

Nasi

Yoghurt

12 april 2013

Cereal & yoghurt

Mixed nuts

Bread with cheese, ham & bacon

Milk

Pistachios

Cheese/bread stick

Focaccia

13 april 2013

Cereal & yoghurt

Chocokuikens (chocolate cookies pretty much)

2 bread with butter

Panini Brie & bacon

14 april 2013

Cereal & yoghurt

Yoghurt

2 bread with butter

Tropical melange (some nuts, dried fruit and coconut)

Panini Brie & bacon

15 april 2013

Cereal & yoghurt

Mixed nuts

4 spicy ribs

Ginger bread with butter

Milk

Yoghurt

2 bites of Brie

16 april 2013

Cereal & yoghurt

Mixed nuts

Pistachios

Bread with chocolate sprinkles

Banana

Milk

Apple

Yoghurt

Brie

Chicken schnitzel

17 april 2013

Cereal & yoghurt

Mixed nuts

Ginger bread with butter

Yoghurt

Apple

Milk

Pistachios

Twix

Kitkat

Panini ham/kaas

Yoghurt

That's the past 7 days... I don't even know...

I still haven't figured out how to hold someone's hand when we're in different parts of the world, but: you do realize it's only the first week right?  You have every opportunity to pick yourself up and go on and we'll be here to cheer you on.  And hold your hand.  Figuratively speaking.

Food issues are so complicated and can be tied to so many things. Here are a couple of articles that helped get me started on my path to repair my relationship with food. The path each individual takes will be different.

Nia Shanks

Food Struggle and Victories

Please don't feel like you need to beat yourself up over your food choices. A lot of people have something that they struggle with. You are not alone, Kibcy. :)

I still haven't figured out how to hold someone's hand when we're in different parts of the world, but: you do realize it's only the first week right?  You have every opportunity to pick yourself up and go on and we'll be here to cheer you on.  And hold your hand.  Figuratively speaking.

haha thanks. But no for me this food thing, it's not my challenge goal. It's a goal I failed last challenge and a struggle I've been dealing with since forever. Though I had it under control for the most part, then did a Whole30 and since September 2012 have been back to struggling....

Food issues are so complicated and can be tied to so many things. Here are a couple of articles that helped get me started on my path to repair my relationship with food. The path each individual takes will be different.

Nia Shanks

Please don't feel like you need to beat yourself up over your food choices. A lot of people have something that they struggle with. You are not alone, Kibcy. :)

So it would seem, I don't even know!

But thanks!!! I'm gonna go read those articles. I should probably also write down the notes (highlights) I made in The end of overeating...

Nia Shanks

Thanks so much for the links!!! I might just buy her book :)

Sorry for not being around yesterday... :(

Still feeling tired?

*big hug*

General rule of thumb: assume Kibcy is tired.

Haha I'm tired almost always, either because of carb crashing, or because I just require more than 8 hours of sleep for some reason.

Thanks! *big hug*

General rule of thumb: assume Kibcy is tired.

Haha I'm tired almost always, either because of carb crashing, or because I just require more than 8 hours of sleep for some reason.

Thanks! *big hug*

Mr De_maas is that way too! He NEEDS his 8hr (minimum) sleep. He won't wake up until he gets them!! haha!

How's your cold btw? Gone?

Mr De_maas is that way too! He NEEDS his 8hr (minimum) sleep. He won't wake up until he gets them!! haha!

How's your cold btw? Gone?

Well I do wake up, but we shall ignore that I would feel like crap haha.

My cold is okayish. My nose is forever giving me trouble, so I don't even count that. I can breath normally that's what matters.

Still have a cold sore, as always and my ear is still inflamed, which gives me the most trouble/pain.

DATA!!! DATA HELPS!!!!

Month - % Green - % Orange - % Red

January - 56 - 27 - 18

February - 42 - 42 - 18

March - 63 - 21 - 17

April - 62 - 25 - 14

green = food that could be classified as primal or that I myself just feel it's healthy, for example eating a solid dinner meal

orange = food that's not primal and not necessarily healthy, but also not junk, for example bread, bread products, etc

red = food that's junk, candy bars, chocolate, French fries, etc etc

I'm eating less junk than I would give myself credit for. I was so focused on eating "right" for a week...

So I gathered some data...

KIIIIIIIBBBBBBCCCCCCYYYYYYY!!!! You got this girl! Food will always be a challenge, but you have to look at it that way as well. Every day is a struggle.. EVEN FOR ME. I struggle with sweets and wanting to carb load all the time...but I don't. Because I know how BAD it all is. Knowing that cutting that stuff will help me live longer..which is really what I want out of life, and to see my boys grow up big and strong! I wanna see multiple generations grow up as I grow old :)  

I got your back, Kib, and will be "holding your hand" through all this. Don't sweat the little things, each day is a new day and a fresh start on eating. You're right, you do need more protein and fat in your diet.. Chicken, turkey, beef, pork, eggs, bacon..and fat could be eating a handful of almonds, walnuts, sliced avocado, etc. Once one bad day is done with, foget about it... and move on to bigger and better things :) You're such an awesome person, and I WILL not allow you fall off the wagon so soon... I WONT! Trust in the Wolf and your own wolf skills and things will be ok. Look at the big picture of things and know that this 6-weeks is JUST beginning and we have tons of time left to get the ball back to rollin! Love ya, girl, you got this!

WOLF

That's it! I'll post my food log. Feel free to run away and whatever. It is not pretty.

I don't register quantities, and all the water (and sometimes unsweetened tea) I consume.

(I took out all the food so it wasn't such a long quote)

Are you allergic to vegetables??  I didn't see any delicious veggies in your food log?  I would suggest picking one type of veggie and packing it as a snack for the day.  I love red peppers, cauliflower, cucumber, pickles...the list goes on!  If you just start by having one veggie a day you may start to enjoy them and then have more and more!

Keep your chin up, if you have a bad day let it go and start your next day like it's the best day ever!!!!  We are all here to help!

KIIIIIIIBBBBBBCCCCCCYYYYYYY!!!! You got this girl! Food will always be a challenge, but you have to look at it that way as well. Every day is a struggle.. EVEN FOR ME. I struggle with sweets and wanting to carb load all the time...but I don't. Because I know how BAD it all is. Knowing that cutting that stuff will help me live longer..which is really what I want out of life, and to see my boys grow up big and strong! I wanna see multiple generations grow up as I grow old :)  

I got your back, Kib, and will be "holding your hand" through all this. Don't sweat the little things, each day is a new day and a fresh start on eating. You're right, you do need more protein and fat in your diet.. Chicken, turkey, beef, pork, eggs, bacon..and fat could be eating a handful of almonds, walnuts, sliced avocado, etc. Once one bad day is done with, foget about it... and move on to bigger and better things :) You're such an awesome person, and I WILL not allow you fall off the wagon so soon... I WONT! Trust in the Wolf and your own wolf skills and things will be ok. Look at the big picture of things and know that this 6-weeks is JUST beginning and we have tons of time left to get the ball back to rollin! Love ya, girl, you got this!

WOLF

This.

I nominate Wolf as the guild's motivational speaker.

I don't have words like Wolf does, but we're here to help!

Also, I have no clue what Chicken schnitzel is, but it sounds super-fun to say!

WOLF

WOLF ;w; <33333333 *cries on shoulder*

My problem is that I get MAD CRAVINGS and they get worse with each passing day!!! ;w; I did 25 days paleo (Whole30) and the cravings just kept getting worse. Hence why I fell off the wagon.

I just need to find my happy balance.

So rationally yes, but emotionally and all that, I can't.

My BIGGEST problem is cooking. (as you can see from my food log I just won't do)

And most healthy meals require cooking, or at least prepping.

I'm all for pulling something out of a cupboard and eating it.

I have been loading up on nuts, replacing fruit with nuts, seeing how fruit will give me too much sugar already.

If only I could stop overeating, that'll be great progress already!!!!!

*sigh* I'll just keep working on it and make sure that at least this challenge's eating goal gets completed.

(I took out all the food so it wasn't such a long quote)

Are you allergic to vegetables??  I didn't see any delicious veggies in your food log?  I would suggest picking one type of veggie and packing it as a snack for the day.  I love red peppers, cauliflower, cucumber, pickles...the list goes on!  If you just start by having one veggie a day you may start to enjoy them and then have more and more!

Keep your chin up, if you have a bad day let it go and start your next day like it's the best day ever!!!!  We are all here to help!

If allergic equals gagging when eating, then yes, to most.

I don't like vegetables. My body doesn't like vegetables.

When I did the whole30 I ate loads of cucumber till my body was like, eh nope and started having gagging reactions too it. So I had to stop eating it else I'd be throwing it up.

Vegetables I can eat:

- carrots (raw)

- lettuce

- cauliflower (cooked)

I'm working on bell peppers.

If we expand the list of what is considered a vegetable I like a lot more.

Peas, green beans, white beans in tomato sauce.

I absolutely can't eat: broccoli, tomatoes, bell peppers (I'm working on them haha), mushrooms, and more...

Vegetables and me? We don't like each other.

I'm extremely picky when it comes to eating. I don't like anything spicy (laugh at those spicy ribs, I was told they weren't spicy and I sorta had to deal with them after that), I don't like a lot of vegetables, I don't like a lot of other stuff people generally do like (pizza for example).

I love chocolate, bread/bread products, fruit, diary... as you can see :tongue:

But for the most part it's "the easier/quicker to get to eating point, the more likely I am to eat it"

Hence I practice with raw bell peppers.

I don't even know. If I could just make myself dinner it would be a leap forward.

This.

I nominate Wolf as the guild's motivational speaker.

I don't have words like Wolf does, but we're here to help!

Also, I have no clue what Chicken schnitzel is, but it sounds super-fun to say!

Haha thanks

LOL

It's basically chicken with some kind of bread crust thing whatever... I don't even know.