Kibcy follow in Wolf's paw prints

Siferiax

PJ's and Zombies?! Oh, how I envy your sunday.

HAHA! Yes it was awesome! It was my rest day anyway :)

So after getting overloaded with doing chores I was like screw this, *turns on the video games*

Good luck with your day and meeting this evening... I'll be thinking about you

Thank you very much! Not sure if I'm even going, but chance to see new building + free dinner (oh wait... I probably won't like it... picky ol' me...)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Looking at the agenda I no gets.

There's an hour long "arrival", then an hour long "buffet"... I don't even...

This sounds unnecessary. It means the actual meeting won't start till 7pm (if that) and it ends at 8:30pm (but probably later). Then there's time to socialize... which you pretty much already do the two hours before the meeting starts.

If I can sneak out early I will. Arrive home at bedtime isn't my favorite activity. Already walking around like a zombie without them taking MORE of my sleep.

I swear I don't know what happened. But I slept near 10 hours from Friday to Saturday, then Saturday to Sunday like... 6? And last night about 7...

Also I was awake at 4am for no apparent reason... fffff... I went back to sleep and actually snoozed my alarm for 10 extra minutes :tongue:

Spoiler

Today I got a work meeting... the one I spoke about earlier... I really do NOT want to go *cries* I have so many chores to do. *suffers from overwhelm and curls up in a ball* I don't know..........

This.. I totally get this. That overwhelmed feeling and just wanting to hide from the world for a bit. Doing so only makes it worse in the end though :(

Let's just both get on it to make it go away! Hang in there!

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

This.. I totally get this. That overwhelmed feeling and just wanting to hide from the world for a bit. Doing so only makes it worse in the end though :(

Let's just both get on it to make it go away! Hang in there!

Hmmm no hiding from the world generally makes it better. I can calm down and stop feeling overwhelmed and get to it.

Now it's just a ball off "I need to fold laundry else it hangs for a week again, and I have more color laundry and red laundry to do than I can in an evening", "I need to clean my house! I got nothing done this weekend, and the weekend before that and oh shit when was the last time I cleaned at all?!", "AND THEN I HAVE THIS WORK MEETING WHICH TAKES THIS WHOLE DAY AWAY", "And there's work shit to do (company work, not client work), but I also need to work at my client. My team lead asked how my 1 task was going and I BARELY did anything so far.".... and well shit...

Ball of overwhelm... *cuddles up with pillow*

I'll hang in there, but I really just wanna not go to the meeting because of this....

Spoiler

*pats you on the shoulder* There, there... 

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

*pats you on the shoulder* There, there...

Thanks <3 I'll be alright. Just need to understand I can't do EVERYTHING... :)

Spoiler

Day 8 - April 22nd

1. Make 1 cookbook meal a week

1/6 done

2. Do a crow pose

N/A

3. Follow bench press program

N/A = day missed

4. Eliminate To Do List / Keep on top of things

N/A

Workout

N/A

Overall

So no challenge anything, there simply wasn't time. Okay maybe there was, but I'd have arrived at the work meeting all sweaty and smelly.

But no regrets. First meeting that was actually fun and useful!!! I made some connections that may prove very important for my future!!!

I've mentioned this before, but I want to be a data scientist (look at all my Excel fun :tongue:). This evening I was introduced to the DATA SCIENTIST PEER GROUP!!!! IT'S A THING!!!!

So I talked with people and learned a bit more about it and made sure I could join in with their next meeting :)

VERY EXCITED!!

Otherwise I went to sleep at 11:15pm or so... so I'm now slightly a zombie... ugh.

In other news, not sure how to deal with my bench press program this week and the next.

I missed Monday, and I could make up for it if not for the fact I'll sleep Friday-Saturday at my parents because we gotta be at the airport crazy early and then I won't be back till Wednesday evening.

That means I miss a shitload of workouts. I'm not entirely sure how to compensate for that... the hotel doesn't have a fitness room, so no dumbbells :(

ANY TIPS?! I would probably have to do wall push ups or whatever, IDK....

Spoiler

I'm in a funk because I'm TIRED!!! ;w;

I just wanna sleep.......

Also I wanna get some opinions on my data... anything that catches your eye, because I could totally have missed it...

Full data can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d52788w5o4nmnoe/Progress.xlsx

Last week of data here:

Sleep means sleeping from that evening till the following morning. So sleep recorded at 15 April is from 15-16 April.

Sure some things may need translation, but I use color codes :tongue: Graphs and pretty things can be found in the Excel itself.

15AprilLog.PNG

Spoiler

I'd recommend working on push ups in place of the bench press. When you lower, think about twisting your hands inward and spreading the floor apart. Your hands shouldn't move, and you should really be able to feel it in your chest. Think about "pulling" yourself into the floor (or wall).

Overall

So no challenge anything, there simply wasn't time. Okay maybe there was, but I'd have arrived at the work meeting all sweaty and smelly.

But no regrets. First meeting that was actually fun and useful!!! I made some connections that may prove very important for my future!!!

I've mentioned this before, but I want to be a data scientist (look at all my Excel fun :tongue:). This evening I was introduced to the DATA SCIENTIST PEER GROUP!!!! IT'S A THING!!!!

So I talked with people and learned a bit more about it and made sure I could join in with their next meeting :)

VERY EXCITED!!

That's great! I'm very happy for you :) Pretty awesome that you still decided to go to the meeting.... IT WAS DESTINY! :P

Can't really comment on your data other than; Yay stroopwafels, mergpijpje! Probably not very good for you, but oh so delicious and dutch. 

You're doing really awesome Kib :)

I've heard you say several times that you don't like counting calories, have you ever tried MyFitnessPal, so some similar app to do it for you? It's really simple to use, and fairly accurate. It even tells you how many nutrients yore getting.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Hey gurlie, just wanted to stop in and try and give ya a pick-me-up! You're doing so great and I really couldn't be more proud of you :) The salad looked totally delish! Crow pose is looking beautiful, and you started playing The Walking Dead.. *tear* LOVE IT!! It's an amazing game, FYI, be prepared to be completely SUCKED in!! I'm sorry you're tired, but it happens to the best of us, even me :numbness:

And like Lex said, push-ups are a great replacement for bench if you don't have access to DB's or a barbell... or weighted push-ups if you can..maybe stuff a backpack full of "stuff"?? It could work! Keep it up, Kib! <3!

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I'm sorry kibcy, I saw that wall of data and saw this:

evil_clown_1.jpg?1286541947

Alas, I got scared and ran, But based on what other's have said, You can make a change to help solve what seems to be ailing you

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I'd recommend working on push ups in place of the bench press. When you lower, think about twisting your hands inward and spreading the floor apart. Your hands shouldn't move, and you should really be able to feel it in your chest. Think about "pulling" yourself into the floor (or wall).

Hey gurlie, just wanted to stop in and try and give ya a pick-me-up! You're doing so great and I really couldn't be more proud of you :) The salad looked totally delish! Crow pose is looking beautiful, and you started playing The Walking Dead.. *tear* LOVE IT!! It's an amazing game, FYI, be prepared to be completely SUCKED in!! I'm sorry you're tired, but it happens to the best of us, even me :numbness:

And like Lex said, push-ups are a great replacement for bench if you don't have access to DB's or a barbell... or weighted push-ups if you can..maybe stuff a backpack full of "stuff"?? It could work! Keep it up, Kib! <3!

WOLF

You two are telling me to do push ups? "That would be funny, if it weren't so sad" #Portal2

I'm doing bench press specifically to work my way up to even doing any sort of push ups...

I have trouble doing even wall push ups.

Thanks though!!

Wolf: Well I finished Episode 1 in one sit... but I haven't bought more episodes yet.

Thanks! The salad was great! And I'm ALWAYS AND FOREVER tired >.<; I don't even know!

That's great! I'm very happy for you :) Pretty awesome that you still decided to go to the meeting.... IT WAS DESTINY! :tongue:

Can't really comment on your data other than; Yay stroopwafels, mergpijpje! Probably not very good for you, but oh so delicious and dutch.

HAHA It sure was!

YAY Dutch stuff :tongue: It is so very delicious! Especially those miniature mergpijpjes... they're orange now? Were yellow with easter.

But yeah all these festivities make it hard to avoid the deliciousness :tongue: I see Tompoesen and what not for April 30... but I'm fleeing the country ;)

You're doing really awesome Kib :)

I've heard you say several times that you don't like counting calories, have you ever tried MyFitnessPal, so some similar app to do it for you? It's really simple to use, and fairly accurate. It even tells you how many nutrients yore getting.

Thank you!!!

Yes I have tried it... it doesn't work for me for several reasons: the effort of looking things up and then continuously NOT finding exactly what you're eating, still needing to measure how much you're eating, not trusting it because of the first.

*shrug* besides that it'll probably be a good trigger for obsessive-/complusive-ness. It sounds like a sure way to fall into a deep unhappy pit again.... IDK.

I'm sorry kibcy, I saw that wall of data and saw this:

evil_clown_1.jpg?1286541947

Alas, I got scared and ran, But based on what other's have said, You can make a change to help solve what seems to be ailing you

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :D

Thank you!!! I hope so.

Spoiler

Day 9 - April 23rd

1. Make 1 cookbook meal a week

1/6 done

2. Do a crow pose

N/A

3. Follow bench press program

N/A

4. Eliminate To Do List / Keep on top of things

N/A

Workout

N/A

Overall

Not sure if I need to throw myself off a cliff or do a happy dance.

Hours of sleep:

20-Apr-13: 6,70

21-Apr-13: 7,13

22-Apr-13: 6,08

Result: ME DEAD ZOMBIE GAAAAHHHH

:| yeah I got home and I could literally not be bothered with anything.

Social overwhelm, lack of sleep (are you serious Kib? Yes, I am)...

So I threw myself into my bed and woke up 3 hours later...

So goodbye afternoon/evening. It was then 7:45pm. So no I didn't have dinner. Yoghurt yes, before and after sleep.

Then I went to bed again at 9:30ish pm.

Alarm went off at 5:20am... but I had been waking up earlier already.

So result? I'm still freaking TIRED!!!

FYI I'm actually taking multivitamins "extra energy"... I'm just saying...

*curls up with a sad face*

Not really ready to be social either... sorry people...

The happy dance in light of being 80.6kg this morning...

Spoiler

Body was like CRAVINGS! FOOD! DO YOUR HABIT!!!

And I was like... shit...

Then I was like *marks tick on index card*

Then I was like *drinks water*

Then I was like Screw you body I'm not eating a morning snack!

Then I was like Crap. I should consider eggs for breakfast.

Now I'm just like... *SURVIVOR*!!

Did earn a headache though... *faceplants into desk*

My body is in need of carbs I'm not giving it.

I should consider my lunch:

- egg white, most definitely (they over boil eggs, making the yolk green... I can't eat that)

- piece of fruit, probably. Should keep it to an apple, had too much banana already.

- HOPEFULLY they have a piece of meat... maybe some veggies I like?!

- ELSE will try to remember to look at salad bar, probably for nothing

- OTHERWISE will just go with bread... I eat too much yoghurt already... apparently about 275 grams a day

That'll be all.

/need to write thoughts into NF thread.

Spoiler

*throws challenge through window*

Actually no... it just feels that way.

Since starting reading The Power of Habit, I'm starting to understand why I keep failing.

I'm missing:

- a cue / reward for my workout routine, with the reward needing to become a craving

- a belief change is possible

- a different routine for my eating that uses the same cues and rewards

So I need to:

- figure out a cue / reward for working out

- find belief in change

- figure out the cues and rewards associated with my (over)eating and what routine could replace it.

I have no idea how to do the first and second thing... but!

I'm recording when I get cues and what I crave for.

Oh hi hunger... I suppose you're real now, as my habit eating time is passed. Still it's 10am, not 11:30am, no food yet.

Again eggs for breakfast...

Spoiler

Well done on weighing in at 80,6kg!!! :D

And don't throw the challenge out the window nor despair, you are doing well, it's just the exhaustion speaking.

In any case, is there anything (anything at all) I can do to help you? We can ping pong ideas if you need inspiration or feedback.

Oh and also GO EAT!!! Don't starve yourself!!

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Just want to give you a big hug and tuck you back into bed!

I think you're absolutely on the right track when you're looking at the cues and rewards! Tracking them for your eating habits will be very helpful. Perhaps you can set a special alarm on your phone when you're supposed to do your workouts? 

Also two other thoughts;

Maybe you can find some heavier objects while on holiday to use for bench press? Probably won't be as heavy as your dumbbells, but heavy cans, heavy books? At least it'll help you keep up with creating that habit :)

Maybe try a while without so much dairy? When I eat it I feel blegh and tired in general. 

Well done on weighing in at 80,6kg!!! :D

And don't throw the challenge out the window nor despair, you are doing well, it's just the exhaustion speaking.

In any case, is there anything (anything at all) I can do to help you? We can ping pong ideas if you need inspiration or feedback.

Oh and also GO EAT!!! Don't starve yourself!!

Thanks!! Now I just gotta make it last!!!

It is the exhaustion and overwhelm talking indeed. I could definitely use some cue/reward ideas for exercise if you have them :D

I'm not starving myself haha! My body is a monster who demands food the whole time. I've been having a lot of days that I don't eat between breakfast and lunch. So I just have to convince my body that it's possible EVERY day. It just protests whenever I try anything. Monday I went without any snacks at all.

Also I wanna take Steve's no snacking challenge... though not all at once :tongue: So for now the morning snack is gone and I'm packing on extra calories during lunch to hopefully last the afternoon, but I'm okay with eating a snack then.

So yeah, my body should stop whining :tongue: It's not that I'm eating a different breakfast.

Just want to give you a big hug and tuck you back into bed!

I think you're absolutely on the right track when you're looking at the cues and rewards! Tracking them for your eating habits will be very helpful. Perhaps you can set a special alarm on your phone when you're supposed to do your workouts? 

Also two other thoughts;

Maybe you can find some heavier objects while on holiday to use for bench press? Probably won't be as heavy as your dumbbells, but heavy cans, heavy books? At least it'll help you keep up with creating that habit :)

Maybe try a while without so much dairy? When I eat it I feel blegh and tired in general.

Awww Thanks!!! My body seems to really want 8+ hours. Friday-Saturday I usually sleep 10+.

Haha I've been setting reminders for EVERYTHING in my life... and I'm a star at ignoring them.

Besides that, working out at the same time every day is just not manageable for me. So I need a cue that's not related to time.

Yeah, who knows. I don't know. I can always try wall push ups.

Diary is no problem for me, I've gone without it for 25 days and when I got back to it my body was all grateful.

Diary generally makes me feel BETTER haha. I know that sounds weird, but really I can't go without it. And I tried so I know :tongue:

I could do without the yoghurt snack at the end of the day, and replace it with nuts. That saves 125 gr. It's those Activa cups. So I'm slightly worried about my BM's... then again they've not been super helpful for that either... IDK.

Thanks for your thoughts anyway <3

Some more hugs and 'Keep it up's over here. Don't give up, as long as you're still trying you're improving (if nothing else at least with regard to habits/will power!).

Thank you!!! Fall down 5 times, get up 6 ;)

Spoiler

GMB just did a podcast about building habits. There was some talk about identity-based good and bad habits, like "I'm a smoker," or "I'm a snacker." They talked about how to change the way your view yourself to help you build the habits you want. Good stuff. :)

I know you're not really interested in calorie counting, but it could give you a better idea of how much you are/should be eating. Restriction can be mind/body-breaking when you're not eating enough. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know! I've also battled the overeat, restrict, overeat cycle, so I completely understand what it's like to deal with/work through.

Thanks!! Now I just gotta make it last!!!

It is the exhaustion and overwhelm talking indeed. I could definitely use some cue/reward ideas for exercise if you have them :D

I'm not starving myself haha! My body is a monster who demands food the whole time. I've been having a lot of days that I don't eat between breakfast and lunch. So I just have to convince my body that it's possible EVERY day. It just protests whenever I try anything. Monday I went without any snacks at all.

Also I wanna take Steve's no snacking challenge... though not all at once :tongue: So for now the morning snack is gone and I'm packing on extra calories during lunch to hopefully last the afternoon, but I'm okay with eating a snack then.

So yeah, my body should stop whining :tongue: It's not that I'm eating a different breakfast.

You will make it last, I know you will!

And I'm glad it's only the exhaustion speaking because you really are doing well. I'll think of some things for cues or rewards and get back to you ;)

Well done for getting rid of your morning snack but if you feel you really are hungry and it's not just out of a habit or thirst, go grab yourself something small.

Also, as an afternoon snack, I really recommend almonds. Not a whole lot, limit it to 10 (as in only take 10 in your hands and put the packet away) raw, unsalted almonds which adds up to only 69 calories. I find that snacking on a limited amount of almonds/nuts is way better than on fruit as there isn't all the extra sugar which also really helps getting rid of any sweet cravings.

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

GMB just did a podcast about building habits. There was some talk about identity-based good and bad habits, like "I'm a smoker," or "I'm a snacker." They talked about how to change the way your view yourself to help you build the habits you want. Good stuff. :)

I know you're not really interested in calorie counting, but it could give you a better idea of how much you are/should be eating. Restriction can be mind/body-breaking when you're not eating enough. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know! I've also battled the overeat, restrict, overeat cycle, so I completely understand what it's like to deal with/work through.

Oh! Thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out :D

The Power of Habit is also very insightful :)

I'm just afraid it's gonna trigger all the wrong things though :(

I'm sure I'm eating enough, because my body is pretty good at letting me know :tongue:

I'm trying really hard to find a balance between not restricting and not overeating. For now I'm just really busy in trying to eat less sugar (haha chocolate croissant at lunch... f-ing cafeteria options being sucky, as in alternatives)

I've never restricted myself to the point I would always be hungry. If my hunger doesn't disappear when I'm distracted or wait for a bit, then I can eat. Also when it's not due to sugar cravings...

My body is a star at faking hunger... which is if I give in the whole time, the reason I keep overeating.

I don't know. I just need to experiment further. I'm now adding time to what I eat, to see what's happening more detailed.

It's not my portion sizes, because I can't eat a lot in one sitting (unless, sugar). So I'm now trying to eat more calories at meal time and no snacks. As stated I'm going to add eggs to my breakfast to fill up more :)

You will make it last, I know you will!

And I'm glad it's only the exhaustion speaking because you really are doing well. I'll think of some things for cues or rewards and get back to you ;)

Well done for getting rid of your morning snack but if you feel you really are hungry and it's not just out of a habit or thirst, go grab yourself something small.

Also, as an afternoon snack, I really recommend almonds. Not a whole lot, limit it to 10 (as in only take 10 in your hands and put the packet away) raw, unsalted almonds which adds up to only 69 calories. I find that snacking on a limited amount of almonds/nuts is way better than on fruit as there isn't all the extra sugar which also really helps getting rid of any sweet cravings.

Thanks for the confidence! Now I need to work hard so it comes true!

haha thanks :D That's great!

"something small" for me is a real challenge. When I start eating it's hard to stop (unless my stomach starts to hurt because I'm overfull). But yeah I eat when I truly do need food, for example when the hunger really lasts and isn't a fluke because my body is demanding sugar :|

I take a handful of pistachios with me :) which are my fav nuts! I prepackage them, because I would eat 160gr in a sitting no questions asked :tongue: "putting away" the box is near damn impossible... so I set strict rules on what I'm allowed to eat.

Almonds aren't really something that'll help me, as are other nuts, because I don't like eating them the craving doesn't go away.

Pistachios do more than just provide food, they provide a "fun" activity/distraction: the peeling. And I love their taste. Now all people need to do is make unsalted ones...

But yes I totally traded in nuts for fruit because of the sugar content (:

Thanks!!!

~~~~

3 marks so far... Just as I was writing this comment I had a craving for chocolate... I get... cravings just writing or reading about food. Hooray to that :|

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines