Kibcy follow in Wolf's paw prints

Siferiax

FYI: 10 emoticons per post is the max :(

Yeah, I know. I keep having to delete some :( Why limit the happy?!

Thanks for the confidence! Now I need to work hard so it comes true!

haha thanks :D That's great!

"something small" for me is a real challenge. When I start eating it's hard to stop (unless my stomach starts to hurt because I'm overfull). But yeah I eat when I truly do need food, for example when the hunger really lasts and isn't a fluke because my body is demanding sugar :|

I take a handful of pistachios with me :) which are my fav nuts! I prepackage them, because I would eat 160gr in a sitting no questions asked :tongue: "putting away" the box is near damn impossible... so I set strict rules on what I'm allowed to eat.

Almonds aren't really something that'll help me, as are other nuts, because I don't like eating them the craving doesn't go away.

Pistachios do more than just provide food, they provide a "fun" activity/distraction: the peeling. And I love their taste. Now all people need to do is make unsalted ones...

But yes I totally traded in nuts for fruit because of the sugar content (:

Thanks!!!

I have confidence that you will put in the hard work too!!

Pistachios are so nice! Haven't had any in such a long time but I could go through a whole bag within 15 minutes when I was a kid, I was a total Pistachio Ninja!! hahaha! :D

Anyway... It's great that you know your body so well you are able to tell what it is it's asking for.

Why do you think it's so hard for you to keep it to a small snack or to put the box away? Why do you need to set yourself so many strict rules? Do you trust yourself and self control? (I'm asking because answering these questions may be helpful for you to nail the problem down and find a solution).

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Yeah, I know. I keep having to delete some :( Why limit the happy?!

I have confidence that you will put in the hard work too!!

Pistachios are so nice! Haven't had any in such a long time but I could go through a whole bag within 15 minutes when I was a kid, I was a total Pistachio Ninja!! hahaha! :D

Anyway... It's great that you know your body so well you are able to tell what it is it's asking for.

Why do you think it's so hard for you to keep it to a small snack or to put the box away? Why do you need to set yourself so many strict rules? Do you trust yourself and self control? (I'm asking because answering these questions may be helpful for you to nail the problem down and find a solution).

Limiting happies is never a good thing :(

*fist pump* :D

Yeah I've loved them since I was a kid too. I used to even bite open the ones who were totally closed, despite warnings from my mom :tongue:

I don't trust myself, because I'm known to binge...

It hasn't happened since my ex is out of my life in the extremities that it had, but yeah I'm still very sensitive to binges. (I used to eat everything and when I didn't have real food left I'd start with raw butter or whatever else...)

So yeah no trust, no self-control.

I can't buy a package of anything nice without a very real chance of it disappearing in my mouth the same day.

There's no junk food in my home at all, because it's hard to preserve :tongue: I actually have a fridge magnet that says something along the lines of "chocolate is hard to preserve, it's usually gone the same day".

So there's the problem with that :)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Kibcy!!!!!! Hey hun, how are ya? Hope everything is going well this morning for ya?! I know that times are tough with food, but know that you are a wolf, and as a wolf, you will never fail with your pack backing you every day! You're not in this alone, and cravings will be cravings..unfortunately. One thing I've loved about going primal/paleo is the simple fact of this rule: Eat when you are hungry, don't eat when your not. I know that sounds WAY too simple to do, but that's how I look at food. I make sure and have plenty of snack options for when I do get hungry, but I noticed you said something about boiled eggs? Go get you a dozen eggs, boil them and eat em till they're gone...then go buy another dozen eggs and do the same. They're excellent source of PURE protein and 2-3 should suffice any hunger pains that you may be dealing with...

I just know how awesome you are and KNOW that you will get threw this tough time :) :) :) :) :) :) 

BOO on the 10-limit emotes!!!! <3 ya gurlie, stay strong and call upon your inner wolf whenver you are able too! Oh, and just howl and I'll be over to help as well :)

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

You two are telling me to do push ups? "That would be funny, if it weren't so sad" #Portal2I'm doing bench press specifically to work my way up to even doing any sort of push ups...I have trouble doing even wall push ups.

Try starting with incline push ups. That's what I had my buddy Remoth do and he just go his very first floor push ups not long ago. And do negatives as well. Let your core go when you push up, that way you're not pushing so much weight, then tighten up and fight gravity all the way down.

You'll be rocking full on push ups by the truck load before you know it :)

And I agree with Wolf. You're never gonna fail cuz we all got your back! Even though I'm not technically a wolf... :D

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Kibcy!!!!!! Hey hun, how are ya? Hope everything is going well this morning for ya?! I know that times are tough with food, but know that you are a wolf, and as a wolf, you will never fail with your pack backing you every day! You're not in this alone, and cravings will be cravings..unfortunately. One thing I've loved about going primal/paleo is the simple fact of this rule: Eat when you are hungry, don't eat when your not. I know that sounds WAY too simple to do, but that's how I look at food. I make sure and have plenty of snack options for when I do get hungry, but I noticed you said something about boiled eggs? Go get you a dozen eggs, boil them and eat em till they're gone...then go buy another dozen eggs and do the same. They're excellent source of PURE protein and 2-3 should suffice any hunger pains that you may be dealing with...

I just know how awesome you are and KNOW that you will get threw this tough time :) :) :) :) :) :) 

BOO on the 10-limit emotes!!!! <3 ya gurlie, stay strong and call upon your inner wolf whenver you are able too! Oh, and just howl and I'll be over to help as well :)

WOLF

Eat when I'm hungry? *eats crap all day* .... been there done that... no thank you.

Going primal/paleo? *gets cravings so bad failing is the only option, resulting in disordered eating*... been there done that... no thank you.

Yes paleo works for a lot of people and yes if you're paleo the "eat when hungry, don't eat when not" rule is easy to follow... but I just am not able to do that. So I need other means to get my eating in order.

But yeah I had a boiled egg with breakfast this morning. Let's see what it does.

Yeah I'll get it right... some day

Try starting with incline push ups. That's what I had my buddy Remoth do and he just go his very first floor push ups not long ago. And do negatives as well. Let your core go when you push up, that way you're not pushing so much weight, then tighten up and fight gravity all the way down.

You'll be rocking full on push ups by the truck load before you know it :)

And I agree with Wolf. You're never gonna fail cuz we all got your back! Even though I'm not technically a wolf... :D

Wall push ups are troubling enough. And it's not just clear cut like that. Just because your buddy managed to get it, doesn't mean I will just like 1,2,3. I've been working toward a regular push up since June 28th!!!

I was up to 5x 5 incline push ups against my couch. I set the goal my first challenge to get to 5 regular push ups. At the end of the challenge, I couldn't get 1 regular push up done! That was my first NF challenge. It was highly demotivating. Especially because everyone was telling me the 5 push up goal was probably too easy and I had to go through great length to explain about my shoulder injury. Which is maybe... half the problem now.

It's just been proven over and over again I CAN'T DO IT. And that's just very frustrating.

Now even incline push ups hurt/are too much. Knee push ups aren't an option as I can't do those with proper form.

I can however, do bench press. Right now I'm struggling with 6kg bench press.

Sorry... I just get so very frustrated with people continuously telling me to "just do this" like it's super easy, even though it's way beyond my reach.

Spoiler

Day 10 - April 24th

1. Make 1 cookbook meal a week

1/6 done

2. Do a crow pose

N/A

3. Follow bench press program

6kg/hand: 5, 4

4. Eliminate To Do List / Keep on top of things

N/A

Workout

I set myself a challenge. Strength training just seems to be something I'm not good at, even though I keep trying.

So instead I wanted to prove I'm not worthless and that I can do stuff. So I set out to cycle for an hour. And I wouldn't stop no matter how slow I needed to go, I would get that hour!

And I did!! I so totally did! Thanks to Milythael and my mom for their long-distance continuous encouragement to keep going!! I really struggled, especially in the first 5 to 15 minutes where my legs were really hurting. But I pushed through and made it!

Bench press 6kg/hand: 5, 4

So I skipped the Monday one completed. It was tough to bench press after cycling and without warming up my arms (because I was exhausted haha). But I did it too.

Overall

I really needed that one hour cycle to lift my spirits a little and feel I was not completely worthless fitness-wise.

I had cravings 5 times and unfortunately fell for the last one and ate 200gr of white chocolate... that was then my dinner too...

Here's what I wrote down:

Reasons: will power down due to avoiding vending machine + went to the store

Resolve: shop at the OTHER grocery store (where I usually don't walk out with snacks)

Cue: Vending machine, Routine: drink water, Reward: refreshment + stomach fill

Also eat nuts later. Drink more in the afternoon.

Yeah I'm sorry I'm not on top of my game and coming across as someone constantly whining and coming up with reasons why things won't work... but fact is... I've been trying so many things that most suggestions I tried and failed already.

There is no simple magic thing... it's a progress... and it's utterly SLOW.

Spoiler

You're doing the best you can Kibcy. That's all anyone can ask of you. As long as you always strive to improve then you'll get there.

Keep making us proud.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Kibcy the very fact that you CAN do Wall Pushups shows that you're progressing and will always have the potential to do more!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

You're doing the best you can Kibcy. That's all anyone can ask of you. As long as you always strive to improve then you'll get there.

Keep making us proud.

<333 Thanks! I will!!!

I will forever keep trying.

Like in my signature, Never give up, never surrender.

Spoiler

Kibcy the very fact that you CAN do Wall Pushups shows that you're progressing and will always have the potential to do more!

Thank you <3

I will definitely keep working on it, even if it'll take me forever!

Spoiler

Also, you can't do them YET ;)

I know... just keep getting discouraged. So I first one wanna work on getting to 10kg/hand bench presses :tongue:

Spoiler

So all morning I've been having shoulder pain... been moving it around without adding or decreasing pain.

So I was breaking my head over what was up... turns out... it's injured from push movements... <insert string of swear words>

So now I have 2 injured shoulders... anyone wanna celebrate?! :|

(1 is chronic, so totally different)

I found out when I push myself back up in my chair with arm assistance... that made my shoulder hurt more.

It's at the point the arm connects with the shoulder.

It just... baffles me that... I really can't do shit without injuring myself SOMEWAY....

Also I had this already somewhat for days... figured I was not sleeping well.

Bench press I did on Friday was no problem. And also yesterday it went ok, just heavy, but no pain.

Spoiler

I probably wanna focus more on biking and running and playing... doing stuff that's FUN and not having me super frustrated all the time.

So far my list for the doctor:

- BMs

- Constant tiredness (though I wanna try 7 days 8+ hours a night of sleep first)

- Check up in regards to getting injured and what kind of exercise I could better do, etc etc

- Recheck of my shoulder (for chronic injury)

I'll keep adding as I figure out more I wanna ask. I'm planning on going next Thursday or Friday as I'm home and off work then.

Spoiler

Chin up Kibcy! (That's what my roommate always used to say when I was feeling down)

In my family, we all simply accepted that we need 8 hours of sleep at the very least! But it can be hard to get them. Makes a world of difference though. Your disordered eating (can i call it that?) definitely rings a bell here, any restrictions will send me over the edge. Chocolate does not survive more than 10 minutes in my presence... That's why there are no diet related goals in my challenge. That's how I'm working on it, do the working out- things I like doing, so I get to my happy place. In the happy place there is no urgent need to drive by the gas station to get me some chocolate.

I figure that once I'm generally feeling better and less stressed that's the point I can maybe challenge myself on diet related things again.

Ugh anyway, I hope you find some things you enjoy doing where your shoulders won't be in the way. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Obviously I don't know all about your situation. But my shoulder get pretty messed up if I don't keep some type of balance between pushing/pulling so that could be one option to look at. It won't be a quick fix, or maybe it won't work at all, but it's helped me.

Sorry Kibcy... I was hoping that that might help.... I'll be on the lookout for anything I can send your way!

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Kibcy?! Ill?! This can't be!!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Thanks guys <333 maybe I'll reply to you all individually later (I have stuff to say to you all <3)

I'm self diagnosing my right shoulder to be in the same kind of crap as my left shoulder, minus the trauma.

I would say just overworked or something? I'm still betting it's inflamed.

So for the past... 3 years... I've been doing as much as possible with my right arm until my left shoulder was okay enough to help out again.

Seems the same in reverse now.... my right hand is dominant so it's even more of conscious thing.

Either way I have to quit the Bench Press Program... gotta keep the arm rested. Actually woke up to a more painful shoulder this morning, so I really can't overwork it anymore.

I probably have to quit with crow practice as well.

No arm work for awhile. Yes lifting groceries I bought today made the pain worse and the grocery bag was relatively LIGHT.

I won't be around for awhile, as I'm going on vacation for a few days.

So yes. There's that too. I'll be doing a lot of walking anyway.

Tonight I'll be making spinach soup, so that goal is still going alright.

I'm alright though. I've been staying at 80.6kg for the past days (ever since getting there) and I've been adjusting very well to fewer snacks.

My mood is mostly cheerful, even though it's a bummer for my shoulders.

So no worries guys, I'll be fine :)

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines