Kibcy follow in Wolf's paw prints

Siferiax

You seem to be dealing with your bad shoulder so well!! In any case, however crappy it is, I think you've made the right decision quitting the Bench Press Program for now, give it the time and rest it needs so it heals and actually heals properly. :)

I hope you have a wonderful holiday, are you going anywhere?

See you soon all rested and happy ;)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Take care of yourself! Hopefully the shoulder is nothing serious, and rest will heal it

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

HI GUYS!!! Thanks for all your well wishes!!! I might need some extra though :(

Shoulder is still crappy. AND I'M ILL!!!! In the diarrhea and nearly puking way.

I know, life is so much fun right now. It's probably what you get for having such a wonderful vacation.

Though my feet are most definitely in a "no more walking and forever no more stairs" mood.

Also I gained weight from eating like shit.

*shrug* I climbed the Berliner Dom... many stairs to be had.

https://twitter.com/BeckyRigs/status/328964178423447552

I should probably alert The Wolf how I couldn't restrain my nerd self!

https://twitter.com/MyRandomStrikes/status/329260898181074944

Andddddd some new inspiration!

https://twitter.com/BeckyRigs/status/329262575659409408

So lots of walking was done, and lots of bad food was inhaled.

THE FUN CONCERT WAS AWESOME BTW.

And all that.... also I can never catch up with all you guys awesomeness now :(

But really. You all rock! Thanks for being you!!

I'm too late to make a doctor's appointment, but I'll do that tomorrow.

Today I gotta do groceries and get the cat home. AND SOMEHOW SURVIVE :(

I may or may not go to the theater tonight... depending on how I'm doing and how often I need a toilet.

Things are peachy here in Kibcy land :tongue:

Also yes I am afraid my shoulder is not gonna heal by itself. SO! I'm out of luck for arm exercises.

I'm also afraid my appendix is completely inflamed and causing half my issues. I have occasional pain on the right side of my belly.

It's just not bad enough to go screaming to the doctor. (had an inflamed appendix before, I know them drill)... maybe it's better off out of my body though.

Also I have new neighbors *insert hammer sounds*

I should probably consider doing groceries now and trying to keep them primal. Kibcy out!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Chin up Kibcy! (That's what my roommate always used to say when I was feeling down)

In my family, we all simply accepted that we need 8 hours of sleep at the very least! But it can be hard to get them. Makes a world of difference though. Your disordered eating (can i call it that?) definitely rings a bell here, any restrictions will send me over the edge. Chocolate does not survive more than 10 minutes in my presence... That's why there are no diet related goals in my challenge. That's how I'm working on it, do the working out- things I like doing, so I get to my happy place. In the happy place there is no urgent need to drive by the gas station to get me some chocolate.

I figure that once I'm generally feeling better and less stressed that's the point I can maybe challenge myself on diet related things again.

Ugh anyway, I hope you find some things you enjoy doing where your shoulders won't be in the way.

Thanks!! And yes you may call it that. It's why I opted for a goal toward learning to cook instead of anything dieting.

I feel that if I can learn to cook and like fresh food, I may not have such urges for everything else.

8 hours of sleep definitely does wonders yes ;)

Well I like moving my legs (walking/cycling) so I think that's going to be okay :)

Sorry to hear you are so down, Kibcy. Injuries suck, and I completely get your frustration with the try/fail/try/fail cycle. It's definitely good for you to work with successes for a while to build your confidence again. We all believe in you. :)

Thanks <3 And yeah, having a victory some of the time would be nice.

Maybe I should just focus on the things I can do / am good at for awhile.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and hurt your shoulder.

It'll get better!!

We can only hope :D Hopefully the doctor will know what to do with this :)

Thanks!

Sorry to hear you're not doing so well Kibcy. How is your shoulder?

Btw, I'm still trying to figure out some cues/rewards, I promise I haven't forgotten about you :)

Shoulders... those things that forever feel like crap.

Maybe I need to get some intense physiotherapy to get my body in a better place.

Thanks <333 You're the best!

Obviously I don't know all about your situation. But my shoulder get pretty messed up if I don't keep some type of balance between pushing/pulling so that could be one option to look at. It won't be a quick fix, or maybe it won't work at all, but it's helped me.

Thanks for the tip!! You're probably right. Oh well, first my shoulder needs to stop hurting ;)

Sorry Kibcy... I was hoping that that might help.... I'll be on the lookout for anything I can send your way!

WOLF

Thanks Wolf!!! It's much appreciated!!! <333

Do what you have to do to get well asap... sleep, rest, doctor's and all that. Don't give up, whatever you do!

Thank you! I'll do my best. Definitely could use professional advice.

Kibcy?! Ill?! This can't be!!

OH BUT IT IS!!! HAH even the most powerful warrior will have a bad day ;)

Spoiler

Sucks to hear about your shoulder, but glad you're mostly doing ok! Hope you have a very very nice and relaxing vacation :)

Don't worry, we'll still be here when you get back :D

Thank you. Yes I had a great vacation and for the most part got 8+ hours of sleep ;)

So that was definitely great!

You seem to be dealing with your bad shoulder so well!! In any case, however crappy it is, I think you've made the right decision quitting the Bench Press Program for now, give it the time and rest it needs so it heals and actually heals properly. :)

I hope you have a wonderful holiday, are you going anywhere?

See you soon all rested and happy ;)

Thank you. Not sure how well I'm handling it, but okay :tongue:

It apparently needs a lot of time/rest to heal... it's only doing slightly better.

Thanks. Yes I went to Berlin it was great :D

Rested and happy I am, healed? Not so much :tongue:

Get well soon!

Thank you!!

Take care of yourself! Hopefully the shoulder is nothing serious, and rest will heal it

Thanks! I hope so too, and I'm hoping it's just healing very slowly right now.

I hope you had a good vacation!

Definitely! Thanks :)

I hope the new master of the crow is having a blessed good time today.

Haha. Depends on what part you ask it. My body not so much, my spirit is fine though ;)

Spoiler

Lots of replies have been given <3 you guys deserve it... and all my emoticons... *shakes fist determined*

Spoiler

AND NOW FOR AN OFFICIAL CHALLENGE UPDATE!!!

Day 11 - April 25th ~ Day 17 - May 1st

1. Make 1 cookbook meal a week

2/6 done

Spinach soup was kind of a lot more work than anticipated. Also I didn't have all the ingredients.

HOWEVER! It was delicious!!!

Dinner-2013-04-26_zpsc5bf4058.jpg

2. Do a crow pose

Canceled.

3. Follow bench press program

Canceled.

4. Eliminate To Do List / Keep on top of things

*kicks it* I don't even know...

Spoiler

I'm sorry you're still not feeli well Kib :(

But you're still doing as much as you can, and that commendable. And you got to have a bunch of fun :)

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Enjoying your vacation and your Spinach Soup!.... Can I have some?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Thanks!! And yes you may call it that. It's why I opted for a goal toward learning to cook instead of anything dieting.

I feel that if I can learn to cook and like fresh food, I may not have such urges for everything else.

This is a smart plan!  I'm thinking about doing something similar for next challenge, not sure yet. 

Glad you had a good vacation! Love the new sleutelhanger type thingy :D 

And ofcourse, hope you feel better soon!

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

I'm sorry you're still not feeli well Kib :(

But you're still doing as much as you can, and that commendable. And you got to have a bunch of fun :)

Thank you :) Things will look up, they always will.

Hi, Kibcy! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. :)

Thank you!

Enjoying your vacation and your Spinach Soup!.... Can I have some?

Of course you can! Thanks.

This is a smart plan!  I'm thinking about doing something similar for next challenge, not sure yet. 

Glad you had a good vacation! Love the new sleutelhanger type thingy :D 

And ofcourse, hope you feel better soon!

Yeah I just need to work my way up to making and eating "real" food. And I don't just mean primal/not processed/what have you. More in the "make and eat a meal" kind of way :tongue:

Thanks! Yeah it's a keychain ;) Mickey now hangs on my new backpack :)

~~~~

Thanks guys. I'm physically alright... I just caught some funk. It's not that I'm sad or anything, just really "blah" and not feeling like doing anything.

(evident in the 18+ hours I put into Half Life 2 the past 2 days)

And I also totally forgot about going to the doctor and all that.

Also I have a work meeting tomorrow *smashes things*

I may just have to cancel and get out of this "peer group". I totally dislike it and found a new home and BLAH.

I have done nothing for my challenge... I had a meal planned out, but because of the funk I didn't go buy ingredients the past two days. On top of barely eating at all yesterday.

Hopefully when I get back into my "routine" thing'll get better. idk.

Spoiler

Oh man! I know what it's like to be in a funk, that happened to me on Friday, I just didn't do anything. at least in terms of Challenge-wise. You'll get out of this funk, it's more like a fluke than anything else, something random and unexpected, but always temporary, I can assure you that!

Also I have a work meeting tomorrow *smashes things*

Sigh... See? This is why we can't have nice things :P

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

It's so hard to get back on track after a break. I hope you find your groove soon. :)

I will :) Things have been spooking in my head, so I'll probably get to doing things again soon.

Oh man! I know what it's like to be in a funk, that happened to me on Friday, I just didn't do anything. at least in terms of Challenge-wise. You'll get out of this funk, it's more like a fluke than anything else, something random and unexpected, but always temporary, I can assure you that!

Sigh... See? This is why we can't have nice things :tongue:

This is very true :) I've had "the funk" before. Usually stress release and a good night sleep help.

Haha! Good news though, it got canceled!

Spoiler

Sending loads of good motivating thoughts your way! :D Hope you get back to your usual kick ass self soon *big hugs*

Well I tidied my house yesterday, and the state of my house is pretty equal to the state of my mind. Haha. So that's a good sign. When I've done the dishes and am on top of the laundry again, then I'm doing great :tongue:

Spoiler

Well I tidied my house yesterday, and the state of my house is pretty equal to the state of my mind. Haha. So that's a good sign. When I've done the dishes and am on top of the laundry again, then I'm doing great :tongue:

Haha, I'm the exact same way. Looking at the mess we have to wade through usually makes me dip even more into the funk. I'm glad to see you are smiling again. :D

Oh yeah, btw, I was thinking about trying IF... in the future... haha.

Been reading some Leangains.com when I got that in my head and it seems I should do a 14 hour fast.

Which could work with my schedule.

I'm looking at either 1 or 2 pre-workout meals. Little bit dependent on when I want to workout :tongue:

The only problem I have with this idea is... how to start :tongue:

I can't just fast for 14 hours out of the blue without getting really hungry. And I don't do really hungry.

Still I think it's within my reach as I've been doing better and better with just eating 3 meals a day.

Now I just need to adjust for WHEN I eat them ;)

My biggest problem, I discovered, is being EXTREMELY BORED, during the day, so all I think of is FOOD.

In Berlin I'd eat breakfast around 9am, eat a shitload of stuff too (like meat balls, cucumber slices, bread, cake, cookies... the choices were so awesome *cough* London was better :tongue: )

But then I could easily keep going for hours, while walking most of the time and etc.

Mostly when we stopped for food I wasn't nearly as hungry as I would be at work just after lunch.

ANYWAY. Then I was home for 4 days... and my food consumption was a bit weird.

I got ill for 2 days for no apparent reason. So I ate loads of "badish" foods that were easy to digest.

Then Saturday something amazing happened... I barely ate at all. Not because I didn't want to eat, or didn't have food, simply because it didn't occur to me.

I was too busy gaming maybe? HAHA. I ate yoghurt in the morning, then at 12:45pm I drank bouillon, nearing half a liter of it. Then I didn't eat till at 9:45pm I realized I hadn't and ate some yoghurt again before diving into bed.

So as long as I'm distracted, food isn't a problem.

Same as Yesterday, I ate a breakfast (not really, a boiled egg), a lunch (cereal & yoghurt, my normal breakfast) and dinner was soup and bread at my parents.

SO I CAN AS LONG AS I DON'T FOCUS ON FOOD AND HAVE SOMETHING TO DO.

/justsaying

Uchem. So far today I've had 2 meals, breakfast and lunch.

If I can keep this up, I'll see about delaying my breakfast and eating a meal before bed.

Have to see about exact amounts (no, no calorie counting :tongue:) so probably the smaller I can make my breakfast the larger my evening meal will become.

So but anyway... just needed to get that off my chest!

Spoiler

Haha, I'm the exact same way. Looking at the mess we have to wade through usually makes me dip even more into the funk. I'm glad to see you are smiling again. :D

Ah my mess is never that bad... I don't have too much stuff that can lie around places... so yeah.

Most of it was vacation stuff. Besides my cat tries to play with EVERYTHING he can get his paws on, so extra motivation to keep things tidy. (you can only stack so much on a coffee table & kitchen table...)

Spoiler

Begin your fast after supper? That way you're asleep for 6-12 of the 14 hours. Lol.

I've found that having a tidy environment helps get me out of a funk. There's definitely some correlation between state of house and state of mind. Lol.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Begin your fast after supper? That way you're asleep for 6-12 of the 14 hours. Lol.

I've found that having a tidy environment helps get me out of a funk. There's definitely some correlation between state of house and state of mind. Lol.

Regardless of when I start I'm asleep for most of it either way :tongue: That's the idea anyway.

On Leangains.com he says he picks mornings because it's easier for most people? Or something.

But let's see... I has a dinner (idk what supper is, so let's assume I don't eat it :tongue:) around maybe 5 or 6pm?

Let's go with 5.

I go to bed at 9pm, for easy of calculations...

I get up at 5am (again calculation ease)

Sooo... 5pm - 9pm = 4 + 8 for sleep = 12. Then I still fall short by two hours... that would make for a weird day :tongue:

I would break my fast at 7am (aka when I'm at work for half an hour) and then have lunch at 11:30am.

I'm kinda bound to the 11:30am lunch, seeing how I lunch with some coworkers and we just go at that time.

If I fast in the morning, it'll look like this:

9pm - 5am = 8 hours for sleep + 6 hours in the morning to get to 14 = break fast at 11am. (corrected for actual times is 11:15am btw).

Which is really close to lunch, but I would just eat maybe an apple, to bridge that half hour.

Not sure what would be better. Or even easier for me. It just seems easier to skip a morning meal, then to have to take it with me to work :tongue:

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines