• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

obax

obax Keeps on Truckin'

Woo. The haloes around lights at night are trippy...

Did a bit of running around and geocaching yesterday, then worked last night. The air at work is bloody dry, but I was training someone who pretty well knew what they were doing, so I just gave her the Big Person Keys and told her to go at it. It was nice to go to work and just be able to put stuff on shelves and not have any responsibility whatsoever. It also meant I could water my eyes whenever I felt the need. I also successfully stretched, though it was a bit half-assed.

Today is car-cleaning day! It's a warmup for room-cleaning day, which will likely be tomorrow (it's supposed to get cloudy so I won't feel so bad being inside). I may even give Li'l Blue his biannual bath!

I did not get up at my alarm today, but instead turned it off and went back to sleep for 2 more hours. It was a conscious decision, and I needed the sleep, so I'm ok with this.

I don't know what nighttime atmospherics are, and a google search gave me a bunch of scientific articles that contained mostly words I've never seen before... I'm gonna go with no, though, just to be on the safe side...

The haloes are from my eyes, it's a common side effect that can happen at first. Some people have it not go away, but most have it fade over time. The resolution was much better, though, the 'don't walk' hand was actually hand-shaped, rather than a diffuse orange glow (I've never had the greatest night vision). It was the first time I've driven at night since being zapped, I was expecting haloes but didn't know what it would look like, and it was kinda cool, in an 'Am I high?' kind of way.

Operation: Clean Car - complete! Inside and out, by my own hand! I've never crossed this many things of a To Do list in my life...

Flippin' eh!  Love crossing things off my To Do list!  My truck is a mess and needs to be cleaned soon, because it's spring and things are melting and my dog stinks like manure.  Maybe Friday evening....  I already got the yard raked and my back patio all set up for summer time fun.

My usual MO is to do all the things on the list that take the least effort and are the least important, and do it in such a way that I don't have time to do the important things. I feel a sense of accomplishment for a few minutes when I realize I've done 5 things, and then that fades when I realize I didn't do anything I really NEEDED to do. This time 'round, my list consists mostly of things I've been needing to do for some time, so I have no choice but to do them...

My usual MO is to do all the things on the list that take the least effort and are the least important, and do it in such a way that I don't have time to do the important things. I feel a sense of accomplishment for a few minutes when I realize I've done 5 things, and then that fades when I realize I didn't do anything I really NEEDED to do. This time 'round, my list consists mostly of things I've been needing to do for some time, so I have no choice but to do them...

Good plan. This is why I liked Steve's article on productivity where he said to write down 3 things to do today and do them. Narrowing it down forces me to choose the most important.

That's what I do when I'm backed up on stuff around the house or whatever. I write a list of everything I want to do then decide I have to cross X number of things off the list before I can slack off today. Then once I get started I usually keep puttering away at other things.

Well, the start of Operation: Clean Room was delayed today, due to the weather lady lying to me about it being cloudy, and also my total lack of desire to do it (I went for a big walk in the sunshine and hid a geocache instead). It did get started at one point late in the afternoon, and then it was quickly aborted in favour of watching SpongeBob SquarePants (yes, really), followed by geocaching and baking with my sister. The main thing I don't want to do is deal with the giant pile of clothes on the floor at the end of my bed. It's all more or less clean, I just hate putting away laundry....

Hopefully tomorrow turns out to be actually cloudy, and I can at least get my clothing put away after work. After that it won't be too much work to get the rest done.

Gonna get a stretch in before bed, and then up early for work tomorrow, yay!! [/sarcasm]

Well, the start of Operation: Clean Room was delayed today, due to the weather lady lying to me about it being cloudy, and also my total lack of desire to do it (I went for a big walk in the sunshine and hid a geocache instead). It did get started at one point late in the afternoon, and then was quickly aborted in favour of watching SpongeBob SquarePants (yes, really), followed by geocaching and baking with my sister. The main thing I don't want to do is deal with the giant pile of clothes on the floor at the end of my bed. It's all more or less clean, I just hate putting away laundry....

Hopefully tomorrow turns out to be actually cloudy, and I can at least get my clothing put away after work. After that it won't be too much work to get the rest done.

Gonna get a stretch in before bed, and then up early for work tomorrow, yay!! [/sarcasm]

There is a drawback to caching. It is much more alluring than cleaning house, or weeding, or a number of chores. I'm with you, I'd much rather play than put away laundry, though I also hate digging through the clothes to find something to wear. Happily for me, hubby had already folded the laundry, so all I had to do was put it in the closet

I hate laundry too. I also find its one of those things that you just need to say "listen up me! We're not going ANYWHERE until this is put away!" And I always feel a sort of satisfaction once I get it down and my space is all neat and tidy.

The nighttime atmospherics I was thinking of are when there's dust or vapor in the air and you get a halo around the street lamps. Also very cool, but probably unrelated, is the halo you see around the moon sometimes.

Congrats on operation clean car:)

The nighttime atmospherics I was thinking of are when there's dust or vapor in the air and you get a halo around the street lamps. Also very cool, but probably unrelated, is the halo you see around the moon sometimes.

It looks similar, but definitely has to do with the fact that I paid a guy to shine lasers in my eyes. I noticed a couple of nights later the effect was lessened, which I guess means the healing's going well...?

Clothing: put away. Laundry basket: full to brimming. My team: miserably losing what will probably be the last game of their season. The rest of my room: still a mess, to be cleaned later. Washing machine: about to get a workout.

I'm tired after all that. Early mornings are early.

Team as in NHL?  Which team were/are you cheering for?  

The main thing I don't want to do is deal with the giant pile of clothes on the floor at the end of my bed. It's all more or less clean, I just hate putting away laundry....

I always wash my laundry and throw it on top of my bed so that I have to put it away before I can crawl in to bed at night.  This is supposed to work in theory and sometimes does in reality, but more often than not it ends up going from my bed to the bedside table in a GIANT heap because I am too tired to do anything.  Not tonight though!  It is going from my bed to being folded/hung in proper places!

Congratulations on getting your laundry put away also!  :D

Team as in NHL?  Which team were/are you cheering for?  

I always wash my laundry and throw it on top of my bed so that I have to put it away before I can crawl in to bed at night.  This is supposed to work in theory and sometimes does in reality, but more often than not it ends up going from my bed to the bedside table in a GIANT heap because I am too tired to do anything.  Not tonight though!  It is going from my bed to being folded/hung in proper places!

Congratulations on getting your laundry put away also!   :D

Yes, as in NHL. Montreal Canadiens, sadly headed to the golf course as of about an hour ago. Ah well, 'tis always next year. I think I'll cheer for the Blackhawks now, I like Jonathan Toews. Or the Islanders, since I don't like Sidney Crosby.

That's my strategy too, re: laundry, except I just shove it to the floor at the end of my bed because when I'm ready for bed, I'm READY. The other problem is that, as an adult, my life doesn't fit neatly into a small child-sized bedroom. My shorts aren't technically put away at the moment, because I don't really have a place to put them. On top of my dresser is better than on the floor, but in my dresser would be better still, if there was room, but there's not. I can't wait 'til I have a place of my own...

I cheer for two teams: Edmonton, and whoever isn't Calgary or Vancouver :playful:

Yeah, for me it's Montreal, or whoever's playing Toronto or Boston. 

Well not everyone is perfect :tongue:;)

C'mon, it could be worse, I could be a Leafs fan... Toronto is the greatest city in Canada, after all, maybe I should change my colours....

(Holy, that actually hurt to type).