• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl: The Next Mission

The morning sun shines through my window, waking me up from my slumber. I wonder whether today will be the day I hear about a new mission. It has been weeks since I've last been contacted, perhaps the assassins have decided they need someone more skilled. As I lay there, doubts begin to creep into my mind. But then I ponder the last mission and its success. Surely, even if I'm not as strong as some of the others, there will be a place for me somewhere

Deciding  the best plan is to just get moving. I complete my daily stretch routine. Then  I relax in my chair to begin reading, hoping it will distract me from my doubts . Opening the book, I notice a strange bookmark. Odd, I don't remember this bookmark . Examining it closer, I see it has a strange water mark on it. Could it be, I wondered, some sort of message? I try and recall my training in decoding. Ah, yes, I know this one. Grabbing the  lemon out of my tea, I squeeze it until the juice drops on to the book mark. As the drops cover the book mark, slowly words begin to reveal themselves

Boren's Birthday Party.

When: when the owl flies

Where: the gray stone house

Bring: BYOK

Attire: black, of course

Yes! I am being summoned on a mission. Meet them at midnight, in the secret cave, bring my own kettle bell, and wear black (which is good as that is all I own)The guild has summoned me. Thankful that I have been trusted with another mission, I eagerly await the night to come so I can find out where my next assignment will take me.

As you probably already figured out I decided to do this challenge in story form, hopefully adding to the story each week on my weekly update.

My Misson

Goal #1 Gain Strength: As an assassin, I know I need to be able to climb towers, leap buildings, and possibly throw boulders.To be prepared for any assignment , I am continuing my Enter The Kettlebell  workout. I will do the program as prescribed 3 x a week. I will also do the recommended Turkish Get Up's 2 x a week. On my clean and press I will level up to 20 lbs (current 15) and be able to do 5 sets of 1-2-3 ladders

Goal #2 Play An assassin must also enjoy moving her body and learning new skills. I am going to spend some time learning some new skills and trying different methods for learning skills. I  am going to play around with doing the pistol squat by doing this;http://www.goldmedalbodies.com/pistol-squat/

I am going to play with flying crow progression and  the side crow. I am going to continue my wall handstand progression. I will play at least  2x a week. The goal here isn't mastery, just playing around with things, enjoying moving, and seeing what works.

Goal #3 Health An assassin must have a lean healthy body. As an assasin, I have been letting some not so great food habits sneak in. I have a habit of making something a goal an then as soon as challenge is over, slipping back into some not so healthy food habit.s Not only do I need to be prepared for the  mission, but my desire to look good in a tshirt and shorts compels me to  eat better.

Food goals:

limit nuts , sweets, eating after dinner, and protein shakes. I will give myself 8 points per week. Any time I have one of thes food options it costs a point. Goal is not to use more than 6 pts a week.

Grading  5 points (or less) =A

6,7 points =B

8,9 points = C

*edited to say I can have a serving of 85% dark chocolate freebie, not counting toward points.

Life: Organization/handyman; An assassin needs to be organized and also be ready to tackle any new challenges and learn new things. I have a two part goal

1) make a list of all the major projects that need to be done around the house, and then take steps to do them

2) Construct hoops over garden, so that  I can make a mini greenhouse or shade for the garden as needed.

Love what you decided to do with goal #2.  I've been having a lot of fun playing around with new training techniques and it's cool to see you sticking with what works (goal one), but allowing yourself to branch out a bit and try new fun things.  Will be a joy to watch, I'm sure!

Great goals! I love the idea of playing around with assassiny type skills every week. That's so awesome :)

I'm curious why you are limiting nuts?

nuts are one of the Paleo items that if you eat too much of you may gain weight. And I feel squishier than I'd like to be. Been eating way too much almond butter lately. I really just need to eat meat if I'm hungry. Especially if I'm dropping the protein powder, if I'm hungry I most likely need protein.

Love the story, and especially Goal 2. I've had so much more fun with hand balancing once I decided to do it as 20 min of play/practice, rather than trying to map specific targets. Good luck with all of your goals!

Love your goals and the story! I can't wait to see it unfold and read about how you're totally kicking ass!

Go Elastigirl!!!!

Thanks

Love the story, and especially Goal 2. I've had so much more fun with hand balancing once I decided to do it as 20 min of play/practice, rather than trying to map specific targets. Good luck with all of your goals!

Good o hear that you had more fun doing it by playing rather than specific targets. I started doing balance stuff for the fun and challenge of that, and I'm hoping to recapture the fun back in

Great goals EG! It sounds like you're gonna have a lot of fun w/ this challenge! There's no point in training if ya can't have a little fun, right?! I know you'll smash these goals like you always do.

WOLF

I am so jealous of your crow expertise!  I'm sure you'll get the side crow in no time.

Also, the kettlebell sounds addictive (and kind of satisfying to swing around heavy objects). 

Good luck with your goals!

Great goals EG! It sounds like you're gonna have a lot of fun w/ this challenge! There's no point in training if ya can't have a little fun, right?! I know you'll smash these goals like you always do.

WOLF

Thanks.Between KB and balance skills I'm super pumped for this challenge

I am so jealous of your crow expertise!  I'm sure you'll get the side crow in no time.

Also, the kettlebell sounds addictive (and kind of satisfying to swing around heavy objects). 

Good luck with your goals!

Thanks, took me forever to get the crow. The Kettlebell is super addicitive RAWR

Go crow! I'll be there with you!

Thanks. Have you done the flying crow? How did you learn to do it, if you have done it, that is.

Cool goals. Making things fun & enjoyable is great for sticking to them

Thanks

Very realistic and achievable goals, but they will get harder and harder as the weeks go by. Stay focused assassin, and you will go far. 

Yes, any lack of focus today, I'm blaiming you as I stayed up too late last night reading your biography..AKA THE BOURNE IDENTITY :playful: 

nuts are one of the Paleo items that if you eat too much of you may gain weight. And I feel squishier than I'd like to be. Been eating way too much almond butter lately. I really just need to eat meat if I'm hungry. Especially if I'm dropping the protein powder, if I'm hungry I most likely need protein.

Ahh, makes sense. I have been watching my own nut intake for that reason. But on days when I'm low on calories and not super hungry, I use nuts to fill in.

Yes, any lack of focus today, I'm blaiming you as I stayed up too late last night reading your biography..AKA THE BOURNE IDENTITY :playful: 

Yeah, my life is pretty awesome. :) When I need to celebrate a big accomplishment or when I don't know what movies to watch, I pull out my DVDs and usually watch all three back-to-back-to-back. :) 

Yeah, my life is pretty awesome. :) When I need to celebrate a big accomplishment or when I don't know what movies to watch, I pull out my DVDs and usually watch all three back-to-back-to-back. :)

I've watched the movies before but never read the book. So far, very good

I'll be cheering for you! Love the second goal and ofcourse I can only be enthusiastic about the first :)

Will you post some garden pics? 

Thanks. Yep, garden pic's will happen

A mini-greenhouse!  Awesome!  You always have the best household-related goals!

Thanks. Its one of those I should do that sometime things in my life that I just decided to do

Wow! Those are great goals. I love the Play goal, what a great idea. I may have to steal that idea for my challenge.

And...

Hooray for story time!

Thanks.Play is good. After all, thats part of why we excercise right?

A cool thing about my creativity goal from a couple of challenge ago, I learned that creativity is contagious. I inspired my friend to work on her scrapbook, and yesterday my husband finished the scroll sawing on a  chess set he is making for my son. Yeah, for creativity.

Today I made coconut butter http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-tips-for-making-the-best-coconut-butter-ever/#axzz2QauWpZik

This was beyond delicous. Nommers.  Coconuts aren't nuts, so a can have a spoonful of this as a treat instead of almond butter.

Went on two walks today. One in the afternoon and one in the evening with hubby. The evening walk was very brisk. When we started it was sunny, but we could see clouds in the distance. Then the clouds started rolling in, and the wind picked up. Then it  started sprinkling, and we dashed for home. Made it home before the downpour.

SHINY NEW CHALLENGE

sliding plank 5/5/5

shoulder mobility work

warm up circuit:

10 reps 10lb KB halo/10rep 15 15lb/10 rep 20lb

primp pump

10 face wall squats/10 wall squats/10 wall squats

2 min jump rope

snatch-15 lbs

5 min. 10 reps L/10 reps R rest 1 min

15 lb Press 1-2-3/1-2-3/1-2-3/1-2-3/1-2-3/1-2-3 pull  1-2-3/1-2-3/1-2-3/1-2-3/3 -30 sec hold/ note;  reps over 1 are from chair,last rep is negative

sledgehammer 12 min