• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl: The Next Mission

A cool thing about my creativity goal from a couple of challenge ago, I learned that creativity is contagious. I inspired my friend to work on her scrapbook, and yesterday my husband finished the scroll sawing on a  chess set he is making for my son. Yeah, for creativity.

Today I made coconut butter http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-tips-for-making-the-best-coconut-butter-ever/#axzz2QauWpZik

This was beyond delicous. Nommers.  Coconuts aren't nuts, so a can have a spoonful of this as a treat instead of almond butter.

Went on two walks today. One in the afternoon and one in the evening with hubby. The evening walk was very brisk. When we started it was sunny, but we could see clouds in the distance. Then the clouds started rolling in, and the wind picked up. Then it  started sprinkling, and we dashed for home. Made it home before the downpour.

That coconut butter sounds really wonderful :) Definitely adding it to my list of recipes.

Also love good walks. And weather is so unpredictable. Glad you got home before the downpour. I once rode 16 miles home on my bike soaking wet while it was still raining. Lol

That coconut butter sounds really wonderful :) Definitely adding it to my list of recipes.

Also love good walks. And weather is so unpredictable. Glad you got home before the downpour. I once rode 16 miles home on my bike soaking wet while it was still raining. Lol

As we were walking, a guy on a bike whizzed by. I know he was really trying to get home before the rains hit.

Awesome workout!!! and yay for getting home before the downpour!!

About that coconut butter, I might have to try it, I love coconut!

Thanks, and the coconut butter is soooo good

Great workout!! You're already rocking it Elastigirl!

Coconut butter sounds so delicious!!

Thanks

Ohh you moved on to the 15 lbs one? That's awesome! :)

Yea, and had no problems with the form. I think practicing at a lighter weight until I got the form down was a good call. Course this morning, my lats are telling me they had a good workout.

Good start EG. So far it seems like you're kicking butt. As usual :)

Thanks

Nice goals! I read your challenge thread early on and somehow failed to comment on it. I swear that I did, but apparently the internet ate it somehow...

Also, great first day! There's nothing like some incoming weather to up the intensity of an evening stroll!

Nice goals! I read your challenge thread early on and somehow failed to comment on it. I swear that I did, but apparently the internet ate it somehow...

Also, great first day! There's nothing like some incoming weather to up the intensity of an evening stroll!

the internet is sneaky like that, give it a chance and it will totally eat all your stuff :playful:

What did you smash with the sledgehammer? Sounds like you had a great workout!

I don't actually smash anything. I use moves from this workout www.shovelglove.com

The sledge is back!  Awesome!  I missed him (her?)!

Hmmm, never rally consider the gender of My Sledgehammer of Doom. Not sure how to determine that.....

Nice goals! I love how you're getting back to assassin basics here. Good luck! Sorry I'm late to the game.

Thanks

Tried some more of my coconut butter. The recipe says that yo may want to heat it before you eat it, and I think it was a must. I couldn't spoon it up, it was hard and chalky. Stuck it in the mcrowave for 20 sec on med and it was soft and good. So, if yo don't have a microwave and your live in a semi cold area, not sure how good it would be.

Went on a walk with my friend today. I love chatting and walking.

Played around some with gymnastic stuff too. WOOT - I did a side crow. Watched this video http://www.doyogawithme.com/content/side-crow-pose

Tried several times, didn't happen. Then tried it again before dinner, and ta-da it happened. It feels like a very awkward position.

other stuff I did

hollow hold: not really fun but still a good idea

Turkish Get  Ups 20lb 5 minutes

handstand on wall: I was able to get closer to vertical than I had been before. Not sure if my problem with moving my hands closer is mental or strength or both. So funny, as my hands get closer to the wall it gets scarier and scari er, you know that feeling of "I'm going to fall" I am on a mat, I know how to fall, so part of me says its fine but the other part says "DANGER" I guess you just keep at it, until your brain finally decides it is going to be ok

squat roll as progression on pistol squat from http://www.goldmedalbodies.com/

The idea is you roll from your back into a squat position. Sounded easy enough. Could not do it. I would roll, but then didn't have the strength?balance? skill? needed to get into a squat from the roll. If I used my hand at the end I could. Oh well, I had fun trying, so I'll try again next time.

crow:tried to do a crow hold but my wrists were tired so I only managed a 20 sec. Which is fine, not going for time. Just doing it to keep in practice.

And now  while I watch some evening tv I am going to try the tripod, also from Goldmedalbodies. Just because it sounds like a fun thing to try

Do you do your wall assisted handstands facing toward the wall or away from the wall? Because its a lot less scary facing away from the wall. Because you can't fall backwards into the wall, and if you fall forwards you just have to put your feet down.

Do all the GMB stuff!

I tried squat rolls too, they are challenging.

I needed some extra momentum to get into a squat. So really swinging my legs up high and holding onto my ankles.

Then I managed... once.

But my squatting skills are weird. I can't get down into a deep squat (with heels on floor) from standing, but I can do it from sitting. Yup.

How did the tripod extensions go?

Mayor props for that side crow! It looks HARD!

Completely know what you're talking about with that "danger" calling voice.. I haven't ever done any handstand practice,  but I had it back when I was still trying some olympic lifting.. Your mind just screams at you that it's too heavy even though you rationally know you should be able to do it.

The sledge is back!  Awesome!  I missed him (her?)!

Not only does he/she need a gender, but he/she needs a name. Seriously. Your sledgehammer is like a long-term member of nerd fitness. 

squat roll as progression on pistol squat from http://www.goldmedalbodies.com/

The idea is you roll from your back into a squat position. Sounded easy enough. Could not do it. I would roll, but then didn't have the strength?balance? skill? needed to get into a squat from the roll. If I used my hand at the end I could. Oh well, I had fun trying, so I'll try again next time.

Had fun? Sounds like exactly what this goal was made for!! I LOVE your "play" goal. And as usual, you are already killing it!  :D

Very impressed by side crow. I can't get anywhere near that pose.

Keep up the hand stand practice, it will get easier. Just doing holds against the wall, I've greatly increased my time over a 6 week period. Plus the more you do it, the more the mental fear goes away.

Taking a sick day from work today (partly because I'm actually sick, and partly because 15 days straight is good enough for me) so ill definitely look into the Gold Medal Bodies website. And also Beast Skills.

Do you do your wall assisted handstands facing toward the wall or away from the wall? Because its a lot less scary facing away from the wall. Because you can't fall backwards into the wall, and if you fall forwards you just have to put your feet down.

Facing the wall. My problem with facing away is getting into the handstand, since I can't climb the wall from that direction, and I can't (yet) kick myself up

Do all the GMB stuff!

I tried squat rolls too, they are challenging.

I needed some extra momentum to get into a squat. So really swinging my legs up high and holding onto my ankles.

Then I managed... once.

But my squatting skills are weird. I can't get down into a deep squat (with heels on floor) from standing, but I can do it from sitting. Yup.

How did the tripod extensions go?

I can do a deep squat. I tried doing it with differing amounts of momentum, don't know how high my legs were though. I'll try again I tomorrow. I did the tripod against the wall so that I was doing a wall headstand. Then tried to go back down, but couldn't. As much mental as physical, once I started lowering my legs, all my concentration left, because it felt really unbalanced, and my mind sent out its "Danger" signal. Just tried it once, as it was the end of the day and I was tired

Mayor props for that side crow! It looks HARD!

Completely know what you're talking about with that "danger" calling voice.. I haven't ever done any handstand practice,  but I had it back when I was still trying some olympic lifting.. Your mind just screams at you that it's too heavy even though you rationally know you should be able to do it.

Thanks. Funny how  rationally you can know something, but the other part of your brain is sending out fear and danger signals

Not only does he/she need a gender, but he/she needs a name. Seriously. Your sledgehammer is like a long-term member of nerd fitness. 

Had fun? Sounds like exactly what this goal was made for!! I LOVE your "play" goal. And as usual, you are already killing it!  :D

You are right, since I made her sit for several months,abandoned in the garage, I should at least give her a name. I'll be thinking on that. 

Very impressed by side crow. I can't get anywhere near that pose.

Keep up the hand stand practice, it will get easier. Just doing holds against the wall, I've greatly increased my time over a 6 week period. Plus the more you do it, the more the mental fear goes away.

Thanks,to do the side crow, just twist yourself up like a pretzle and then flop yourself over on your arm :witless: thanks for the encouragement on the handstand. Thats my plan, is just to keep doing it, until my brain figure out it really is ok

Taking a sick day from work today (partly because I'm actually sick, and partly because 15 days straight is good enough for me) so ill definitely look into the Gold Medal Bodies website. And also Beast Skills.

Feel better soon. Spending the day looking at GMB and Beastskills is a very worthwhile day.

When you're coming out of the tripod extension, make sure you really focus on using your core to lower your legs in a controlled manner. It's basically an upside down leg raise. It definitely takes some getting used to. As for pistols, Coach Carl has some great tips on the progressions in his recent videos.

It sounds like you are having so much fun with your play time! Nice work on the side crow. I've tried it a couple of times, and it just felt too weird, lol.

The key to kicking yourself up is momentum. You can put your hands on the floor and jump all you want, but the best way is to go nice and smooth and throw yourself into the wall. And trust the wall to keep you from falling all the way over. Lol. It's just like doing summersaults or cartwheels, you gotta go fast and own it.

When you're coming out of the tripod extension, make sure you really focus on using your core to lower your legs in a controlled manner. It's basically an upside down leg raise. It definitely takes some getting used to. As for pistols, Coach Carl has some great tips on the progressions in his recent videos.

It sounds like you are having so much fun with your play time! Nice work on the side crow. I've tried it a couple of times, and it just felt too weird, lol.

Those are great tips. Thanks I'll try them. I didn't have my legs near as straight as he did. The side crow is very odd feeling, I'm probably going to do it good enough so I can have my picture taken to show I did it and then move on

The key to kicking yourself up is momentum. You can put your hands on the floor and jump all you want, but the best way is to go nice and smooth and throw yourself into the wall. And trust the wall to keep you from falling all the way over. Lol. It's just like doing summersaults or cartwheels, you gotta go fast and own it.

Somehow, I just can't get myself to throw myself at the wall. I'm practicing frogger kicks now, maybe that'll up my bravery factor. Its a little bit core and mostly the mental that is holding me back from that.

Assassins are big on Leaps of Faith, you took one a few challenges ago with your climbing and jumping off of things and look how awesome that turned out. I bet if you took another one you'd be pleasantly surprised :)

Assassins are big on Leaps of Faith, you took one a few challenges ago with your climbing and jumping off of things and look how awesome that turned out. I bet if you took another one you'd be pleasantly surprised :)

I will probably try it. Because that it part of playing, is just seeing what I can do. But usually when I try it, it ends up being half hearted attempt. I am not sure how to short circuit that part of the brain that makes you hesitate when you really just need to go for it. Which is why I say doing frogger kicks may help. The more confidence I have that I can do, the better my attempts will be. Or so the theory goes.