• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl: The Next Mission

Try doing some summersaults first. Get your body accustomed to going over forward. I have to do the same thing on a trampoline each and every time I attempt a back flip (I still can't do one, and frankly, I'm alright with that. Lol) I have to flop to my back several times and then kick my legs over, kind of a reverse summersault. It helps dull the fear of going through similar motions.

Church is right, just wheel up there like you want to dent the wall w/your heels.

I'm typically pretty good with the twisty pretzel moves in yoga class, but side crow really throws me for a loop

I will probably try it. Because that it part of playing, is just seeing what I can do. But usually when I try it, it ends up being half hearted attempt. I am not sure how to short circuit that part of the brain that makes you hesitate when you really just need to go for it. Which is why I say doing frogger kicks may help. The more confidence I have that I can do, the better my attempts will be. Or so the theory goes.

I think we're supposed to scare ourselves enough times that the primal part of our brain learns nothing bad is actually happening. I have yet to master this. :)

Try doing some summersaults first. Get your body accustomed to going over forward. I have to do the same thing on a trampoline each and every time I attempt a back flip (I still can't do one, and frankly, I'm alright with that. Lol) I have to flop to my back several times and then kick my legs over, kind of a reverse summersault. It helps dull the fear of going through similar motions.

Good idea. Now that the weather is getting nicer, i can get outside and practice some rolls

Church is right, just wheel up there like you want to dent the wall w/your heels.

I'm typically pretty good with the twisty pretzel moves in yoga class, but side crow really throws me for a loop

I can't do pretzel moves in yoga very well (despite my name) so was surprised when I actually was able to do the crow

I think we're supposed to scare ourselves enough times that the primal part of our brain learns nothing bad is actually happening. I have yet to master this. :)

maybe after the 5,000 time?

I told Mr Incredible that I needed his help with a very important decision. I explained the need to name my sledgehammer. Always willing to help, the first thing he said was, "By Grabthar's Hammer you shall be avenged!" http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=galaxy+quest+you+shall+be+avenged&mid=9B434212A021D128F15C9B434212A021D128F15C&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1

So, there you have it. My sledgehammer will hencerforth be referred to as Grabthar's Hammer.

In addition to working out, I did major weeding for a couple of hours today.

Swinging the Beasts

warmup

circuit x2, halo, prime pump, 10 face wall squat

TGU with waiter carry 15 lb 1 rep each side

clean and press 1-2-3-4/1-2-3-4/1-2-3-4/1-2-3-4/1-2-3-4

circuit 3x  with 60 sec rest between

incline earth downs 10

25lb goblet squat 8

inverted rows 10

swing one handed  6 minutes moderate pace 20lb 124swings

Grabthar's Hammer 8 min

GMB seems like they have the right mindset for any assassin in training and programs to boot, and have fun with the KBs by far one of the most challenging methods for getting stronger while still getting to swing stuff around.

Grabthar's Hammer.... I like it :D

Nice goblet squats you got going there, those always mess me up. I would much rather do very heavy backsquats then even just one set of goblets.

maybe after the 5,000 time?

Yeah, I'm still having that moment of panic every time I kick up. I can do it anyway, but there's a tiny part of my brain that's running in circles shrieking "you'll fall on your head!" every time. It is getting quieter, though, as I build up evidence of not falling on my head. You'll get there!

GMB seems like they have the right mindset for any assassin in training and programs to boot, and have fun with the KBs by far one of the most challenging methods for getting stronger while still getting to swing stuff around.

Love GMB and how can you not have fun when,like you say, you're getting stronger and throwing stuff around?

Grabthar's Hammer.... I like it :D

Nice goblet squats you got going there, those always mess me up. I would much rather do very heavy backsquats then even just one set of goblets.

Ha, thanks . I lot of people put goblet squats on their unlike list, but I actually enjoy doing them

That TGU to waiter carry sounds intense. Nice workout!

Thanks

Love, love, love the name! It's awesome!!!

And holy crap that's an epic workout!! Well done!

haha, I'll tell hubby the name was aproved! Thanks!

Yeah, I'm still having that moment of panic every time I kick up. I can do it anyway, but there's a tiny part of my brain that's running in circles shrieking "you'll fall on your head!" every time. It is getting quieter, though, as I build up evidence of not falling on my head. You'll get there!

Good to hear that at least the voice gets quieter.Thanks for the encouragement

How did you get your feet off of the ground with the side crow?   I have a pretty decent crow, but when I tried to go for the side crow, I couldn't figure out how to get my legs stacked on one arm without having the arm collapse under me.   I'm so impressed that you could achieve liftoff.

@ H.N. and Wolv. ,Glad you approve of her name. :joyous:

How did you get your feet off of the ground with the side crow?   I have a pretty decent crow, but when I tried to go for the side crow, I couldn't figure out how to get my legs stacked on one arm without having the arm collapse under me.   I'm so impressed that you could achieve liftoff.

thanks. I still have to make 5 attempt per 1 success. Biggest tips that helped me:

hands wider than shoulder width

splay yor fingers so you can use them for balance

try and stick your arm as far up your leg as possible, best is in your arm pit

Instead of trying to get your feet up, concentrate on using your core to lift you and leaning forward on to your hands until your feet just naturally raise

Balance Play

10 divebomber push ups for the bacon piggies

wall handstand practice- I was able to get my hands much closer to the wall this time

frogger kicks and jumps

crow

side crow

modified flying crow

wrist stretches

standing hollow hold

hollow hold

TGU"s 5 minute 20lbs

tripod extension headstand against wall

candlestick roll for pisto squat- I was "this close" to doing it. Just couldn't balance myself to stay. I tried just doing the basic squat, and I hve balance issues there too. Tonights mission: practice the squat while watching my Downton Abbey disc.

2 mile walk

Have you ever TRIED them? They are basically physically impossible. Elastigirl is superhuman.

Yea I tried after googling, they are CRAZY hard! Especially the way back...

Have you ever TRIED them? They are basically physically impossible. Elastigirl is superhuman.

Yea I tried after googling, they are CRAZY hard! Especially the way back...

I can't even do the way back. I faceplant. Fail.

Great workout! I love how you keep on trying! Also crow, all these crow poses :D I'm starting to really enjoy them, even for the 2 seconds I can hold one :tongue:

Thanks. I'm having fun trying to do the different crow poses. Keep having fun. My progress was agonizingly slow on being able to hold the crow pose, my wrists had to bain strength. Super glad I stuck with it. Be proud of your 2 seconds, thats more than you could do before and more than most people

Awesome workout!!! Well done Elastigirl! :D

thanks

Congrats in the crow :)

thanks

Had to google those dive bomber pushups, very nice! Great workout, well done! :)

thanks

haha :redface-new: For some reason, they just seem to work for me, maybe it is because I am Elastigirl after all :redface-new: