• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl: The Next Mission

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I took it easy yesterday, went for a nice walk in the sunshine. Then took a tylenol pm (Not paleo but helpful) before bed and slept well.Today I feel better. Nose is still congested, but I no longer feel like a truck is drivnig over my face, so life is better.

I did part of my Kettlebell workout, but I subbed some stuff for the swings. I felt ok for lifting stuff, but my head did not feel like doing swings. The cool thing about my clean and press was how light the 20lb felt. This is my first week doing it, and it is so far actually easy. 8  weeks ago, I tried  a 1-2-3 ladder and I couldn't do the third rung.

Lift All the Stuff

halo

face the wall squats

Kettlebell clean and press 1-2-3/3 circuit

trying to use new resitance band for rows, not really difficult enough, messing around different stuff , different reps

waiter's carry 20 lb

suitcase carry 25lb

RDL 45lb 5/6/7

mobility work ankle

I just did a pistol squat! :highly_amused: Did the ankle mobility, which he says helps with pistols. Thought, hey, I'm just gonna see what happens. Right Leg-good form pistohl. left I can do down some but still need to be further. Woot to the mini challenges, I am so poor about doing mobility work, but maybe now I'll do them more often

I just did a pistol squat! :highly_amused: Did the ankle mobility, which he says helps with pistols. Thought, hey, I'm just gonna see what happens. Right Leg-good form pistohl. left I can do down some but still need to be further. Woot to the mini challenges, I am so poor about doing mobility work, but maybe now I'll do them more often

That is incredible!! Way to go :)

And you weren't even feeling a 100% :o

Go Pistols!  Yeah!!

Thanks!

That's awesome EG! I'm so happy for you :)

Thanks, It made me happy too

Fantastic EG!! You're doing so incredibly well!! :D

Thanks

Great work! And congrats on your pistol! Those MWODS are like magic, lol.

Thanks, Yep, really need to start taking those MWOD more seriously. I find them rather boring, so I put off doing them unless there is a challenge. Brushing my teeth is boring too, but I still do it. Just need to buck up

Nice pistola!

Thanks

That is incredible!! Way to go :)

And you weren't even feeling a 100% :o

Thanks. Maybe when I'm over my cold, I will even have good form on my left leg

Do you find that you have to psyche yourself up for them? Cuz I do. One arm push ups and pistol squats I have to really get my head in the game. Every single time I go to try them my head screams "what are you doing!? Do you have any idea what you're attempting here!?" And I gotta be like "what? We do these all the time what's the big deal?"

Do you find that you have to psyche yourself up for them? Cuz I do. One arm push ups and pistol squats I have to really get my head in the game. Every single time I go to try them my head screams "what are you doing!? Do you have any idea what you're attempting here!?" And I gotta be like "what? We do these all the time what's the big deal?"

Last night, no. I just did it on a whim and didn't think-which is often the best way :joyous: Today I tried them and it was a total mental game.Stupid brain always sending me danger signals that I have to overirde. :joyous:

Congrats on the pistols! I'm a long way away from it, ankle-mobility-wise, but workin' on it (sort of). 

@Church: I definitely feel like I have to psych myself up for them, and I'm just doing them off a chair at the moment... 

It's weird. I have MONTHS of workouts to prove that I can do them. And my head is still like "are you sure we can do this?" Lol.

Too funny. I think brains are at the same time amazing and annoying. On the plus side, I was able to do a straighter wall handstand today,mainly because my brain gave it the o.k. sign. I guess, my brain did all its griping for the pistols and so shut up when I tried the handstand :playful:

Played some for my workout Friday. I did write out a workout log, but in true Dischordia Chaos fashion, I forgot about it and ended up doing different stuff. Didn't do much balance work due to my cold/allergies.

Stuff I did

5 minutes TGU 20 lb

crab walk

bear walk

frogger hops/kicks

carry a heavy rock around yard/carry compost bag Funny thing. Last summer I had this HEAVY rock I would carry around the yard. Yesterday I picked it up and thought is this the same rock? Checked, yep, same rock. it felt so light. Carried it around the yard, and thought this is way too easy. HA. So next go around I picked up our big bag of compost and lugged it around the yard.

Did a little handstand practice-was able to get almost vertical I think

Mobility work

Then in the evening we went to a church social and learned to do the polka. :eek-new: Which was actually quite fun.