• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl: The Next Mission

Yay for the heavy rock becoming a light rock! How awesome is that - actual functional improvement! Gotta love it. And polka-ing sounds awesome.

Funny thing. Last summer I had this HEAVY rock I would carry around the yard. Yesterday I picked it up and thought is this the same rock? Checked, yep, same rock. it felt so light. Carried it around the yard, and thought this is way too easy. HA. So next go around I picked up our big bag of compost and lugged it around the yard.

That's awesome, congratulations :)

Awesome lifting day! Big rocks become small rocks. That's where it's at.

Yay for the heavy rock becoming a light rock! How awesome is that - actual functional improvement! Gotta love it. And polka-ing sounds awesome.

That's awesome, congratulations :)

Thanks. I love it when all the sudden something hard to do becomes easy. Only problem is now I need to find a bigger rock

Thanks. I love it when all the sudden something hard to do becomes easy. Only problem is now I need to find a bigger rock

Your husband? ;)

i like it. Throw Mr. Incredible over your shoulder and haul him about show him who's boss ;)

i like it. Throw Mr. Incredible over your shoulder and haul him about show him who's boss ;)

Your husband?   ;)

Hmmm.. good idea . May have to be next summer's goal  though as he is almost twice my bodyweight. :playful:

Your husband? ;)

Hmmm.. good idea . May have to be next summer's goal though as he is almost twice my bodyweight. :playful:

I bet you can beat him at wrestling

>;)

Saturday;

Doing it Right

warmup

20 lb  KB clean and press 1-2-3 ladders x3

pistol squats GTG

Swing 25 lb 6 min 112 swings

Monday

Finding the Sun

warmup

halo

around the world

20 lb KB clean and press 1-2-3 ladders x 4

pistol squat 1-2-3 ladders x 4 ( rep 1 full , others box and assisted)

frog squat 60

during rest times: cat walk on garden bed,mobility squat

farmer's walk 45lb 4 laps around garden

finish with a bang: advanced crow stand, feet on block 1 sec. Not long but I did manage to balance for a second.  Yikes my knees dug into my arms. :biggrin-new: 

I need to do my 2nd week update too. But right now I'm tired and heading to bed. Just finished having a houseful of people at my house for a meeting. AND we actually had to discuss stuff and follow agendas, as opposed to CHAOS meetings where we can just wing it and do whatever we want. :playful:

Awesome workout! Well done!!

Hope the meeting went well :) Btw, I was wondering, how did the Hobbit talk go? Did the parents enjoy it? (sorry if you've already answered that question, I must have missed it!)

Awesome workout! Well done!!

Hope the meeting went well :) Btw, I was wondering, how did the Hobbit talk go? Did the parents enjoy it? (sorry if you've already answered that question, I must have missed it!)

The meeting went well, thanks, Hobbit talk-hmmm. Honestly I'm not sure. Speeches are hard things. How do you tell if people enjoyed it/got something out of it? Some came up afterwards and thanked me, but that is just sort of the polite thing to do. No one was falling asleep,so that's good :redface-new: But we gave out our emails if people wanted more questions and only 1 person responded, so I don't know if we really connected with anyone

Way to throw a night of orderly progress into the mix of chaos, keeps the opposition on its toes:)

When one looks at it that way, then  even an organized business meeting has its purposes :playful: Though I still I'd had more fun if we just skipped the orderly part altogether :joyous:

When one looks at it that way, then  even an organized business meeting has its purposes :playful: Though I still I'd had more fun if we just skipped the orderly part altogether :joyous:

I'm an old school chaoist, we don't have meetings down here in the Void.  :)

Yesterday was hubby's b'day. Had family over, including my adorable great niece. So cute, just learning to talk, and she is a total sweetie. And my great nephew who is a total Star Wars fanatic, so obviously he's very smart. Cake didn't tempt me too much, since I know how awful it makes me feel. I had some coconut milk chocolate chip mint ice cream-yum. While cleaning up I gave in to temptation and had some frosting, which costs me 2 points, as it is after dinner. I had a protein shake yesterday and almond butter, so I am up to 4 point already, which doesn't leave me much flex on the weekend. if I want to get an A for my goal this week. The icecream was worth it, not sure about the frosting, I am not sure why I find it so tempting.

TUESDAY PLAY

slider planks

Inverted leg raises

handstand on wall practice

hollow hold

crow pose

adv.frog pose

frogger kick ups

side crow

WEDNESDAY

Sunshine and Kettlebells

warm up

halo

bridge 10 reps

lunge circuit

5 minute TGU

Ladders done as circuit 3x

clean and press 20 lb 1-2-3

push up 1-2-3

Renegade Rows 20 lb 1-2-3 (these are crazy hard!)

during rest:cat walk balance,calf raises,tree pose

90 frogger squats

KB 20lb 1 handed swing-7 minutes- Decided not to count. Just kept going until I was super tired than took a break and went at it again

Extra credit: turned over 2 garden beds for veggies-

walked 3 miles after dinner

WEEK 2 WRAP-UP

A little late, but it has been a busy week. And partly busy because I've been working like crazy getting our garden beds ready for veggies. And I was down with allergies/cold . Anywho, here is my report

Goal 1: Kettlebell; TGU 2x aweek,clean and press 3x,swing 2x

TGU-yes,C&P yes, Swing, only happened once because I was sick mid week; Grade B

Goal 2: Play 2 x a week

First play day was short as after I started, I decided I really did feel crummy. I gave it a shot though. Did another day and managed to mess around with the handstand on another day :Grade B

Goal 3

Limit almond butter/protein shakes/after dinner snacking/sweets  to no more than 5 total times

Did,Really proud of myself. Despite feeling crummy, I didn't treat myself to extra sweets or treats grade A

Life Goal:

Make mini greenhouse

make a list of home projects and begin them

As I said last week this goal seemed rather vague. And I wasn't really planning on fixing it. But then I started getting discouraged about the fact that I wasn't getting enough done. I started to be attacked by the goblin enemy " you can't do all that, may as well give up" TI realized I was giving in without a battle and needed a better game plan. So specific plan:

To be done order to get an A for my life challenge[

Mini greenhouse-materials bought

Blinds Ordered-looked at Blinds.com

Garden pathways done-gravel ordered,happening this weekend

looked at painter for house-choose top 3 I want bids from

NowT I want to see the movie again too. I agree on the 2 cents dozens of times. Over spring break, my son and I had a good conversation and I gave him some advice. That was great. But then I "reminded' him of my advice again later, and I could tell it annoyed him. Ooops. But after that I was good, I totally shut up on the matter and made a solemn pledge to myself to not bring it up again unless he asks.

Oh don't be afraid. Being a parent is one of the most rewarding things in life. Yea, their were times when my son was a tween and a little when he was a teen when we really butted heads, but he is so much fun and it is the most amazing experience to be able to watch him grow up into an incredible man that I am super proud of and consider a good friend. Sometimes the transition from kid to adult is hard, but is also just so great when you realize how much you just enjoy being with one another and hanging out

My mom had a really hard time with this transition after I went to college. But once she started treating me as an adult, we can hang out and have fun and we have a better relationship now than we have in years :D And she's pretty awesome about giving advice and being supportive but not too much.

Ugh. Monday night woke up with a massive stuffed nose/ head. Tried to do some playing in with inverted leg raises, but being upside down was a no go. And rolling pistol squats, was way too much energy for me. Did do some work in the garden though. Still feeling crummy today, so I'm postponing my kettlebell workout until tomorrow. I will work on my life goal, which is choosing blinds for our living room. And get some reading done for my book club. And hopefully I will feel good enough to make a walk to the store (about 2 miles) which seems like a nice easy get moving without pushing my body too hard.

Even though by this point you are feeling a lot better I'm sending you belated feel better wishes :)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I took it easy yesterday, went for a nice walk in the sunshine. Then took a tylenol pm (Not paleo but helpful) before bed and slept well.Today I feel better. Nose is still congested, but I no longer feel like a truck is drivnig over my face, so life is better.

I did part of my Kettlebell workout, but I subbed some stuff for the swings. I felt ok for lifting stuff, but my head did not feel like doing swings. The cool thing about my clean and press was how light the 20lb felt. This is my first week doing it, and it is so far actually easy. 8  weeks ago, I tried  a 1-2-3 ladder and I couldn't do the third rung.

Sometimes you gotta take the tylenol. Lol. Glad you are feeling better!! And its awesome how light the 20lb felt :D

I just did a pistol squat! :highly_amused: Did the ankle mobility, which he says helps with pistols. Thought, hey, I'm just gonna see what happens. Right Leg-good form pistohl. left I can do down some but still need to be further. Woot to the mini challenges, I am so poor about doing mobility work, but maybe now I'll do them more often

:victorious: VICTORY!!

Funny thing. Last summer I had this HEAVY rock I would carry around the yard. Yesterday I picked it up and thought is this the same rock? Checked, yep, same rock. it felt so light. Carried it around the yard, and thought this is way too easy. HA. So next go around I picked up our big bag of compost and lugged it around the yard.

Then in the evening we went to a church social and learned to do the polka. :eek-new: Which was actually quite fun.

This story is awesome  :star: Gold star for you!!

And I've never tried the polka. Went to a square dance once in a barn and that was a ton of fun. I gotta do that again sometimes. I highly recommend it!

Yesterday was hubby's b'day. Had family over, including my adorable great niece. So cute, just learning to talk, and she is a total sweetie. And my great nephew who is a total Star Wars fanatic, so obviously he's very smart. Cake didn't tempt me too much, since I know how awful it makes me feel. I had some coconut milk chocolate chip mint ice cream-yum. While cleaning up I gave in to temptation and had some frosting, which costs me 2 points, as it is after dinner. I had a protein shake yesterday and almond butter, so I am up to 4 point already, which doesn't leave me much flex on the weekend. if I want to get an A for my goal this week. The icecream was worth it, not sure about the frosting, I am not sure why I find it so tempting.

We all have those temptations. Warm brownies are definitely one for me. Lol

And the great niece and great nephew sound like a lot of fun!! Especially Star Wars fanatic nephews. Those are the best ;)

You're doing really well Elastigirl :) and I totally feel you with the sweets cravings. I understand intellectually that it'll be disappointing, and make me feel bad. But at the same time, if I was drowning and had to choose between air or a lemon meringue pie, I can't guarantee I would pick air! Lol.

The meeting went well, thanks, Hobbit talk-hmmm. Honestly I'm not sure. Speeches are hard things. How do you tell if people enjoyed it/got something out of it? Some came up afterwards and thanked me, but that is just sort of the polite thing to do. No one was falling asleep,so that's good :redface-new: But we gave out our emails if people wanted more questions and only 1 person responded, so I don't know if we really connected with anyone

Speeches really are hard things. And it is really hard to know if you've made any impact or not but I'm sure you totally did and inspired those listening. :D

People can be shy or not want to bother you, I know I suck at sending emails out so don't read the lack of responses as you not doing a great job. :)

And it's incredible how well you're doing! And as Church said, I totally feel you with the sweets cravings. They are not rational, we know they're not good for us, but somehow, they feel so rewarding and amazing for that one minute :)

My mom had a really hard time with this transition after I went to college. But once she started treating me as an adult, we can hang out and have fun and we have a better relationship now than we have in years :D And she's pretty awesome about giving advice and being supportive but not too much.

Even though by this point you are feeling a lot better I'm sending you belated feel better wishes :)

Sometimes you gotta take the tylenol. Lol. Glad you are feeling better!! And its awesome how light the 20lb felt :D

:victorious: VICTORY!!

This story is awesome  :star: Gold star for you!!

And I've never tried the polka. Went to a square dance once in a barn and that was a ton of fun. I gotta do that again sometimes. I highly recommend it!

We all have those temptations. Warm brownies are definitely one for me. Lol

And the great niece and great nephew sound like a lot of fun!! Especially Star Wars fanatic nephews. Those are the best ;)

I get a gold star-woohoo!!  Glad to hear you and your mom get along. Its hard for us as parents to remember our kids are now adults-after all there was a day not that long ago where we changed  our kids diapers :playful:  Our chuch social is doing new dances each month, and one is square dancing which I am very looking forward to

You're doing really well Elastigirl :) and I totally feel you with the sweets cravings. I understand intellectually that it'll be disappointing, and make me feel bad. But at the same time, if I was drowning and had to choose between air or a lemon meringue pie, I can't guarantee I would pick air! Lol.

LOL I can picture that. "we can save you from drowning with this life ring or would rather have this pie?" "hmmm can I think abnout that a minute?' Mine would be frosting, I really love some chocolate frosting. I use to bake the cake and make homemade frosting and double the recipe so that afterwards I could just sit and eat the frosting.Ok, enough on that, now I am totally thinking about eating frosting :redface-new:

Speeches really are hard things. And it is really hard to know if you've made any impact or not but I'm sure you totally did and inspired those listening. :D

People can be shy or not want to bother you, I know I suck at sending emails out so don't read the lack of responses as you not doing a great job. :)

And it's incredible how well you're doing! And as Church said, I totally feel you with the sweets cravings. They are not rational, we know they're not good for us, but somehow, they feel so rewarding and amazing for that one minute :)

Thanks . I wish there was some concrete way to know how I did on my speech. I am much better at sweet cravings(see my response to Church for how much sugar I used to down) but still some things just get me

Looks like you had a great week, even in spite of feeling so terrible. :)

Thanks. Did you notice I am doing the inverted leg raises now. Very fun-thanks for letting me steal ideas from you