Elastigirl: The Next Mission

Elastigirl

Your beard is much more impressive than mine.

Thanks-I'm sure it's from the kettlebell swings :playful:

That's one heck of a workout. I don't know what a lot of those kettleball things are, but they sound pretty intense. Have fun with the gravel-shoveling, there's nothing like a bit of manual labour to make you feel alive!!

Well just imagine me taking a giant kettlebell by the horns, and swinging it under my legs and then up as many times as possible, (all while wearing a cape that flows majestically behind me and my beard neatly braided so as not to get in the way of my kettlebell :) )

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Well just imagine me taking a giant kettlebell by the horns, and swinging it under my legs and then up as many times as possible, (all while wearing a cape that flows majestically behind me and my beard neatly braided so as not to get in the way of my kettlebell :) )

See, now, in my mind your beard is unbraided but also flowing majestically in the breeze so as to stay out of the way. 

Sometimes I wonder if it's possible to have too vivid an imagination...  :)

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Tomorrow evening we are going to a friends house, where I will say no to dessert, because a C is average and I am not average :)

That's the best sentence I read all day! WIN! 

And damn girl, 8 minute swings? Even the thought makes me sweat. There is no single bit of ease or pause to be had in doing non-stop swings... that's mighty impressive :)

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current hiding out in a battle log: KB Girl's journal

my instagram - my gym's instagram

You're awesome :D

I second everything Chris said!!!!

Thanks

See, now, in my mind your beard is unbraided but also flowing majestically in the breeze so as to stay out of the way. 

Sometimes I wonder if it's possible to have too vivid an imagination...   :)

A nerd with an imagination is a good thing :)

That's the best sentence I read all day! WIN! 

And damn girl, 8 minute swings? Even the thought makes me sweat. There is no single bit of ease or pause to be had in doing non-stop swings... that's mighty impressive :)

Only problem with that great sentence is it turned out to be not true :huh: There was some 72% dark chocolate, and I did eat some :( . I did keep it to 1 serving though. But I had really wanted to skip it since i had had dessert  twice during the week.

Yikes! no I didn't swing continously for 8 minutes, I think that would've killed me. I swung and then rested for 20-30 sec. and then swung some more. It was a PR for me with the 25lb, and I pushed myself super hard, so I was happy

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Yikes! no I didn't swing continously for 8 minutes, I think that would've killed me. I swung and then rested for 20-30 sec. and then swung some more. It was a PR for me with the 25lb, and I pushed myself super hard, so I was happy

Even so, 150-160 swings sounds incredibly tiring.  Good job!  How did you get into the whole kettlebell thing?  Did you find a class, or did you just buy one and an instructional video?  I want to try them out sometime, but my gym doesn't have any KB classes.

And thanks again for posting the flying crow video on my challenge page.  Now I have new and exciting ways to faceplant.  ;)

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Even so, 150-160 swings sounds incredibly tiring.  Good job!  How did you get into the whole kettlebell thing?  Did you find a class, or did you just buy one and an instructional video?  I want to try them out sometime, but my gym doesn't have any KB classes.

And thanks again for posting the flying crow video on my challenge page.  Now I have new and exciting ways to faceplant.  ;)

mainly just searching the web for good tuturials, and reading Pavel's description. I see you have found out my evil plot, pretend like I'm helping by posting video's, while secretly taking pleasure in the fact that I am going to cause yet another person to faceplant :playful:

You are doing so very good! You should be pleased!

Thanks, I am very happy with progress

Somebody is a total bad ass...!!

Well done Elastigirl!!

saturday was gravel day. We had 4 yards of gravel delivered. My friend's 3 kids came over and helped us shovel it into garden pathways. Lot of work. We had done this 10 years ago, and I was tons tireder then, plus sorer muscles, so I am definitely more fit at 46 than 36! Took them out to burgers at 5 Guys, and I may have had a handful, or 2, or 3, of fries. MMM, long time since I had fries, and 5 Guys fries are uber good.

DSCN1269

DSCN1277

DSCN1282

1st picture Gigantic pile of gravel

2nd shovelling gravel

3rd finished

Half Way Point Report

Goal #1 Kettlebell; Did all required workouts

Goal #2 Playtime Had 2 playtime workouts, Yep, I am deciding I really love the balance work and am having so much fun with them I am seriously considering getting GMB for the next challenge (the thought of this makes me squeall happy)

Goal #3- Well my other goals were great. Short version: F- too many desserts, almond butter, protein drink etc

Longer rambling version(feel free to skip, sometimes I just need to write it down to process)

This week was hubby's bday so I had some coconut milk ice cream (planned treat) and frosting(oops) which set me up to having little flex during the rest of the week. This weekend I was hungry and tired and ended up using protein powder, almond butter and having dessert. So, could have been better. On the other hand, I am not really beating myself up over it. I had coconut milk ice cream 2 x this week but it was always just a serving, even the frosting was just a couple of spoonfuls, the protein powder was this weekend after I had shovelled all day and I was hungry and tired. The reason for this goal was to just tighten up the diet and  hopefully abs a bit for summer. I am still happy with how I eat, even when it is more than I planned, its still MUCH better than it was last time this year, and I am not binges eating. For next week, we are out of protein powder, so that should help. I am leaving points for this weekend, as i did show my hubby the gluten free bakery and suggest it might be a nice Mother's Day treat (partly because part of my failing this week was due to my unhappiness at not being able to eat any chocolate cake)

Life goal :Gravel path done, next week work on picking out blinds and mini green house

Doing great! The tard work looks awesome!

I love some 5 guys :) I try to forget I only live 3 miles away from one.

The 5 Guys that opened near us is only about 2 miles away. I will not dream about eating more of those delicious fries...I will not dream about eating more of those delicious fries, I will not dream about eating more of those delicious fries.....(maybe if I say it enough itwill be true :playful: )

Holy crap that's a huge pile of gravel!!!!!

And well done on the awesome half-point report! It's "funny" how your "bad food" is actually still pretty healthy! I mean almond butter?! Could be SO much worse :P And come on, it was your husband's birthday you're allowed to step a toe off the perfect food path for such an occasion and I think you actually should if you feel really unhappy and frustrated about not being able to. I really believe that a small piece of chocolate cake once will make way less damage than you feeling frustrated for a week...

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

You are doing really well, as always. I really like hearing about your successes and near misses ;) You seem to have a great attitude, keep it up!

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

That's so great that you feel better now than you did 10 years ago! Honestly, you sound like you're much fitter than me, and I'm 26. :D

GMB's Floor 1 is a lot of fun! I completed the first four weeks, but felt like my core strength (or lack there of) was holding me back. A lot of the simpler tutorials are already available on their site, but the main selling point is the day-by-day program layout. What I really look forward to is being able to complete the advanced flow one day. :)

Holy crap that's a huge pile of gravel!!!!!

And well done on the awesome half-point report! It's "funny" how your "bad food" is actually still pretty healthy! I mean almond butter?! Could be SO much worse :tongue: And come on, it was your husband's birthday you're allowed to step a toe off the perfect food path for such an occasion and I think you actually should if you feel really unhappy and frustrated about not being able to. I really believe that a small piece of chocolate cake once will make way less damage than you feeling frustrated for a week...

Thanks, And that was my thoughts too on my "bad" food. I didn't make my goal, but I'm not really kicking myself. On the cake, after I went Paleo and then reintroduced wheat I figured out I was allergic to it. As in,  itgives me major sinus issues and joint pain. Good news is that eliminating wheat has gotten rid of all my joint pain and I can do all sorts of cool stuff, and I have way less allergy issues. So most of the time I'm pretty content on skipping wheat because my health is so much better.But last week it was making me grumpy. I had bought myself some coconut milk ice cream to have, but I really wanted that cake. Which is why I requested a gluten free cake for Mother's Day :smile-new:

Thanks, And that was my thoughts too on my "bad" food. I didn't make my goal, but I'm not really kicking myself. On the cake, after I went Paleo and then reintroduced wheat I figured out I was allergic to it. As in,  itgives me major sinus issues and joint pain. Good news is that eliminating wheat has gotten rid of all my joint pain and I can do all sorts of cool stuff, and I have way less allergy issues. So most of the time I'm pretty content on skipping wheat because my health is so much better.But last week it was making me grumpy. I had bought myself some coconut milk ice cream to have, but I really wanted that cake. Which is why I requested a gluten free cake for Mother's Day :smile-new:

That really sucks for the allergies and pains.... :( Isn't there a paleo version of it somewhere for next time? And good call on requesting a gluten free cake! :P

I'm so glad you're not beating yourself up for not making your goal, you really have a brilliant attitude. I love how you look at things like this "coldly" and realise that you didn't actually do too bad at all. :)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

You are doing really well, as always. I really like hearing about your successes and near misses ;) You seem to have a great attitude, keep it up!

Thanks, I like that word, near miss, much better attitude than saying failed :)

That's so great that you feel better now than you did 10 years ago! Honestly, you sound like you're much fitter than me, and I'm 26. :D

GMB's Floor 1 is a lot of fun! I completed the first four weeks, but felt like my core strength (or lack there of) was holding me back. A lot of the simpler tutorials are already available on their site, but the main selling point is the day-by-day program layout. What I really look forward to is being able to complete the advanced flow one day. :)

Thaenks, I doubt I'm fitter than you, but thanks for the compliment. I am so excited for GMB. I know core strength will hold me back to-must work on core. They had a sample of their day to day layout and it looks super helpful. I really like the idea of a set program that tells me what to do each day. And the idea of doing their advanced flow is something I look forward to too, the doubter part of me thinks I will never get there, but then I never would have thought I could do a wall handstand and I am almost there

Thaenks, I doubt I'm fitter than you, but thanks for the compliment. I am so excited for GMB. I know core strength will hold me back to-must work on core. They had a sample of their day to day layout and it looks super helpful. I really like the idea of a set program that tells me what to do each day. And the idea of doing their advanced flow is something I look forward to too, the doubter part of me thinks I will never get there, but then I never would have thought I could do a wall handstand and I am almost there

They have the basic sets/rep ranges spelled out for you, but they also explain how to gauge your progress so that you know what to do for you. I'd never really done any kind of intuitive training before, but it made a lot of sense! 

I haven't actually watched the advanced flow yet, but I know I want to do it. :) I was afraid I would think it was impossible, and then not bother.

Looking forward to your review and progress of the GMB program, since joining NF I keep finding myself at their webpage and agreeing with their overall mission and philosophy on fitness.

Paradox, Humor, Change

Level Four Half-Elf Ninja (Assassin/Monk)

Str: 15.25 l Dex: 12.25 l Sta: 10.25 l Con: 5 l Wis: 10 l Cha: 7

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Ninja Gecko Profile / Battle Chronicles

I totally recommend GMB F1!! It's a lot of fun. (even though I had a super hard time with it)

Milythael and I started doing it together (see signature), but we both kind of stopped for different reasons.

But yeah. It's totally worth following. They have great info and exercises and stretches :)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines