Short and Simple: Challenge Accepted

Aqweei

Skipped the gym today because I stayed up later then normal studying for my test today. Which I made an 88 on by the way. Throw in a 30 point curve because everyone else did awful on it and I'm sporting a 118 on the test lol! Really kinda scared about what I made on my physics test. It covered way more then I was anticipating. Luckily he drops the lowest test grade. 

I'll also be getting some cardio in at home since I didn't make it to the gym today and my classes for the rest of the day were cancelled. Woot Woot!

Looking forward to tomorrow. Hopefully hitting 210 on squats for a full 5 sets and then crushing 320 on deadlifts for my one set of 5. Just gotta warm up goo and go get it. Fixing to put my video editing skills to work and make a quick video for SpaceX. They allow you to include videos when applying for their internship so I'm gonna give it a whirl! 

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

Cancelled classes are always nice surprises and awesome job on the test!

Make sure to wake up early tomorrow in order to squat like a beast!

RAWR!

Adventurer | Level 1

CON: 0 | STR: 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

On Hiatus

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost

Thanks guys. Internet has been down at home so I am having to post from school. I will try to catch up with everyone when I can! Here is yesterday's work out. 

Barbell Squat:
  • 135 lb x 5 reps (+66 pts)
  • 195 lb x 5 reps (+99 pts)
  • 215 lb x 3 reps (+90 pts)

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):
  • 45 lb x 5 reps (+49 pts)
  • 95 lb x 5 reps (+69 pts)
  • 145 lb x 3 reps (+78 pts)

Barbell Deadlift:
  • 195 lb x 5 reps (+99 pts)
  • 245 lb x 5 reps (+138 pts)
  • 300 lb x 5 reps (+200 pts)
  • 320 lb x 5 reps (+229 pts)

Trying something new. Adding 10 lbs to my squats each time I get a successful 5x5 like you're supposed to. Instead of just gunning for 5x5 from the start Im gonna go for 5x3, 5x4, and then 5x5. That way I get plenty of time at that weight and its a somewhat foolproof method as long as I keep progressing.

Deadlifts were a bitch yesterday but I killed em. I'm sore as hell today. 

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

So today was a great day! Completely killed my work out. Working out in the afternoon is so much better strength wise. Was also nice to have a spotter so I wasn't worried about failed reps. Unfortunately that cant be my lifting time personally. 

Workout from today:

Barbell Squat:
  • 85 lb x 5 reps (+47 pts)
  • 165 lb x 5 reps (+80 pts)
  • 215 lb x 5 reps (+113 pts)
  • 215 lb x 5 reps (+113 pts) New PR

Barbell Bench Press:
  • 45 lb x 10 reps (+42 pts)
  • 115 lb x 5 reps (+57 pts)
  • 165 lb x 5 reps (+80 pts)
  • 205 lb x 5 reps (+105 pts)
  • 230 lb x 5 reps (+125 pts)
  • 230 lb x 5 reps (+125 pts) New PR

Seated Cable Row:
  • 190 lb x 7 reps (+56 pts)

Pull-Up:
  • 5 reps || assisted || 85 lb (+25 pts)
  • 6 reps || assisted || 85 lb (+28 pts)
  • 3 reps || assisted || 70 lb (+22 pts) new PR

Push-Up:
  • 14 reps (+21 pts)
  • 5 reps (+7 pts)
  • 1 reps (+5 pts)

Stretching:
  • 0:15:00 (+3 pts)

Also sat in the sauna for 15 minutes and got a good sweat in. 

Here is some more good news! 

33kuhib.jpg

So I've lost 4.4 lbs so far :D Getting A's for both goals this week 

Battle Log | Fitocracy

I'm at a weird point right now. Not really sure if its just a thing I feel today or what. I'm extremely motivated to continue to lose weight and up my strength. I love having people tell me I'm killing it and everything. I love feeling the weight getting heavier and heavier and me still being able to push it/pull it. Somehow though, I just don't feel like going to the gym today. Woke up this morning and ended up staying home and riding my bike for 5 miles before school. Then came home with every intention of going to the gym after class but now I just don't feel like it. It's almost like Im intimidated by my deadlift today because I'll be attempting 330 and I'm just really not pumped for it. I'm just in a very weird state of mind right now.

I am looking forward to next week though. I'll be done with school except for 1 final on Wednesday. Instead of lifting in the mornings I'll be doing cardio and since I wont have any more night classes for the rest of 2013 I will be working out in the afternoons again. 

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Bah I hate that state of mind! I'm not sure about anyone else, but the only way to get over it is to do what you don't want to do. Once you get to the gym and you actually start doing it, that feeling goes away. You're a beast man, 330 is going to be cake!

For me, I like to use rewards to get me to actually GO. For example, if I go to the gym tonight, instead of just doing my workout from the non scary place (home) then I will reward myself with 1 hour of reading before bed. So if I don't go to the gym, no reading and I LOVE reading. If I don't go workout at the gym I have to stay home and clean...Lol

Good luck and go lift!

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

I'm at a weird point right now. Not really sure if its just a thing I feel today or what. I'm extremely motivated to continue to lose weight and up my strength. I love having people tell me I'm killing it and everything. I love feeling the weight getting heavier and heavier and me still being able to push it/pull it. Somehow though, I just don't feel like going to the gym today. Woke up this morning and ended up staying home and riding my bike for 5 miles before school. Then came home with every intention of going to the gym after class but now I just don't feel like it. It's almost like Im intimidated by my deadlift today because I'll be attempting 330 and I'm just really not pumped for it. I'm just in a very weird state of mind right now.

I am looking forward to next week though. I'll be done with school except for 1 final on Wednesday. Instead of lifting in the mornings I'll be doing cardio and since I wont have any more night classes for the rest of 2013 I will be working out in the afternoons again. 

I've had those days, I'd just rather do nothing than well anything really, including the gym.  I just have to force myself to go, hit the weights, and get out.  But I always feel better once I've gone

I just finished a book where one of the main characters liked to say a line that went "Once you've got a task to doit's better to do it than to live with the fear of it."

And I threw this out in Thirster's thread earlier

8692129191_138b9d8f72.jpg

Good luck and go lift!

Seconded!   

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Haha I ended up not going because 1.) I didn't read all of your awesome posts in time! Was already on my way to school by the time they started coming in and 2.) My fiance didn't feel good so I ended up taking care of her. It's not a total failure since I did get some solid cardio in. I know I would've felt fine when I got there I've just been in a blah mood all day.

Going to have to kill it tomorrow morning to make up for today for sure. 

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Haha I ended up not going because 1.) I didn't read all of your awesome posts in time! Was already on my way to school by the time they started coming in and 2.) My fiance didn't feel good so I ended up taking care of her. It's not a total failure since I did get some solid cardio in. I know I would've felt fine when I got there I've just been in a blah mood all day.

Going to have to kill it tomorrow morning to make up for today for sure. 

This is an acceptable reason to skip the gym.  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Haha you guys cracked me up! I ended up making it today! 

Here is my work out with notes. 

Barbell Squat:
  • 235 lb x 3 reps (+104 pts)
  • Supersetting with bench because of time constraints was a horrid idea.

Barbell Bench Press:
  • 45 lb x 10 reps (+42 pts)
  • 235 lb x 5 reps (+129 pts)
  • 235 lb x 5 reps (+129 pts)
  • 235 lb x 4 reps (+118 pts)
  • 235 lb x 4 reps (+118 pts)
  • on the last two sets I got 3 solid reps and the last one was a strict negative

Barbell Deadlift:
  • 300 lb x 5 reps (+200 pts)
  • 330 lb x 5 reps (+245 pts)
  • Definitely should have warmed up a bit more but was rushed on time.

Cycling (stationary):
  • 0:21:00 || 5 mi (+115 pts)
  • This was from this morning.

good news and bad news though. 

I've got an interview with a local company tomorrow. If all goes well I will land a job and will be working as a technician while I finish my technician degree. The bad news is that I will be finishing my degree lol. So I wont have time to lift as much as I am now. I'm hoping I can get one solid day of lifting in a week at the gym and all the other days just hitting body weight exercises as hard as I can. 

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Thanks guys and yes you're right. The place knows I'll be in school from 8-4 and I told them I could work 2nd or 3rd. So really leaves no time for lifting on some days. Luckily it's only for the summer semester which is 7 weeks long. So I will be back to lifting regularly in July for sure

Battle Log | Fitocracy

No weight loss this week. Which is obviously my own fault. I've been very bleh about this week in general. WIll have to correct it starting with next week. 

Got in a quick little work out this morning. Nothing big. My plans for the day are all sorts of effed up and I was planning on getting back in the gym for some squats later this evening. We will have to see how that ends up going. 

The interview went ok... Not really that optimistic about it. I answered everything as well as I could and I was as positive/happy to be there as I could be. I just don't know what they thought. I kept getting the feeling that they were just trying to hurry me along and get me out of there. The whole interview/tour was over in 35-40 min and they let me know that they would let me know something next week. Thats why I'm not very positive that I'll get a job. We will see though. Luckily it was just my first interview and I still have until December before I officially graduate.

Battle Log | Fitocracy

I think interviews are hugely hard to read.  People tend to only remember the negative, about what they might have said slightly differently, and some of the standard "advice" out there seems to encourage people to obsess over first impressions and small stuff that doesn't matter.

My last interview was quite odd.  It felt to me like it didn't go very well, and one of the panel members looked very bored and I didn't think he was engaging properly.  One of the others seemed keen to get it over with.  Turned out later that this was because they'd already pretty much dediced to appoint me on the strength of my CV and presentation, and that the job was mine unless I royally screwed up.  On the train back I kept going over it in my head, worried that I'd somehow managed to miss what should have been an open goal.

But it's good to get the practice in early for job interviews, regardless of the outcome.

Level 4 Human Adventurer / Level 4 Scout, couch to 5k graduate, six time marathon finisher.

Spoiler

Current 5k Personal Best: 22:00 / 21:23 / 21:13 / 21:09 / 20:55 / 20:25 (4th July 17)

Current 5 mile PB: 36:41 35:27 34:52 (10th May 17)

Current 10k PB: 44:58 44:27 44:07 44:06 43:50 (29th June 17)

Current Half Marathon PB: 1:41:54 1:38:24 1:37:47 1:37:41 (14th June 15)

Current Marathon PB: 3:39:34 3:29:49 (10th April 16)

Haha max that picture just made my day. You guys are both right and I think I'm just gonna chalk it up to a good learning experience. I know to be a little more prepared next time. I still have more interviews in the coming months and I'll make it somehow.

I may even have to turn them down if they do say they'd like me because they want to send me to Ohio for a month and that would royally screw up school. So I'm kinda damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines