daniriekwel's 3rd time's a charm challenge

DaniRiekwel

Last challenge I kept going with most of my goals, but failed to report and do mini challenges after week 3. I hopefully will be onto it more with this challenge!

measurements: (will take on monday. but see last challenge :P )

Goals

1. Yoga

Last challenge I managed to get a backbend and a forward bend down by doing one a day. It was nice and simple to do the same thing every day. So this time I want to do Sun Salutation once a day.

+ 2 Dex

+ 1 Str

2. Walk

My first challenge I got into the habit of walking daily. Now that the weather is finally improving, I feel it's time to up the anti. I'm aiming for 10,000 steps or more a day.

+ 3 Sta

3. Food

I keep failing in paleo because I'm addicted to chocolate. It saddens me. So I've decided to try replace my habitual chocolate with 8 vegetable or fruit servings per day. This will be great.

+3 Con

4. Routine

The times I failed last month were because I didn't stick to any routine. It was chaotic. Luckily we've made it through a teething patch with bubba and she seems to be settling into a routine. I want to be in a routine too. I have several projects going, and I don't like that I'm working on them in spurts. My routine will be set out in a google drive file and I'll get a point for every item that I perform during the correct time in the routine... I hope it's clear... but it's clear for me and that's all that matters.

:D

Good luck to you all. anyone else got similar goals to me? Anyone got some tips? Maybe some nice vegetarian meals I could try?

Lvl 5 Mermaid Hobbit Assassin

STR 7.5 / DEX 8 / STA 6.5  / CON 14 / WIS 12 / CHA 10

"Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end."

Current Challenge

Good luck! I like the specific simplicity of your goals & just might copy them next challenge.

Abandoning processed foods for this challenge has backed me into a corner where I have to do most everything from scratch

I like this simple recipe, which has enabled me to enjoy cauliflower for the first time in my life (I leave the salt out & don't miss it):

http://summertomato.com/roasted-curried-cauliflower-to-die-for/

Level 3 Fox DruidSTR +4 / DEX +5 / STA +3  / CON +2 / WIS +7 / CHA +2

"If you plan to face tomorrow, do it soon."  (G. Lightfoot)

Thanks Eve - it feels amazing to have the strength again after having a baby. I don't know if you've had any kids, but that just messes up your abs!

I'm eating semi vegetarian. Basically I eat any meat where I know that it's bio, grass fed beef, free range chicken, additive free. And i eat fresh fosh from yhe market. So that's expensive meat (but so tasty!). So 90% of my meals are vegetarian or have a tiny bit of bacon (amazing fresh bacon). I eat microwaved sweet potatoes all the time.

Lucky me - I have an app on my iPhone called carrot. It's the most geeky hilarious to do list. It gets mad when I don't do stuff. Eg I leveled up, so it gave me a cat, but it was mad so it called him sludge. Haha!

Scurvy spider - go ahead and steal them! I stole the vege one from someone else hehe. It's great to walk 10,000 steps a day. I feel quite active. Next challenge I plan on jogging some of them

o. O

Thanks for the cauliflower recipe! I'll use that one!

Hi kaynorski. Yeah I'm really good at getting back on the bandwagon. My carrot iPhone app reminds me to keep getting things done. It just insulted me because I'm still in bed at 8am. Haha!

"Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end."

Current Challenge

The week so far -

I missed my 10,000 steps on Tuesday. :( stupid boss came home late so I didn't have time to walk in between work and baby's bed time. Sad. I got 8000 though so not too bad.

But yesterday and Monday I got 10,600+!

My veges are going good! I get half done by lunch time (fruit, sweet potato with beans onions mushrooms and zucchini fry up mmmm) and I've had no chocolate for 5 days now! I can't even believe it.

Sun salutation is amazing. I'm purposely only doing one even though I could do more, that way the next day I feel the need to do one, ya know? I love small wins.

My routine is doing pretty well. I have to figure out how to score it still. Working out the kinks. It's nice because its different every day, but certain things I must do every day. (French, sewing, yoga, coding, walking, clean one room, washing) and as long as I get those done, I pass!)

Current Challenge

Great goals.

The sun salutation is a lovely gentle way to get the body moving!

While a dark enough chocolate in small amounts might actually have health benefits, eating a high amount of fruit and veg is a great thing to aim for! I should really aim for more in my diet.

I know what you mean about going well with goals but failing to report in on NF or do the mini-challenges, and that's something I'm really trying to focus on this time as well!

Level 4

Wood Elf Assassin

STR: 12| DEX: 2| STA: 2| CON: 7.75| WIS: 9| CHA: 5|

Current challenge:

Thanks Eve - it feels amazing to have the strength again after having a baby. I don't know if you've had any kids, but that just messes up your abs!

I know exactly what you mean. abs and lets not even mention the pelvic floor muscles. I am really impressed with how you are building up to doing stuff a little bit each day. I  admire your consistency!

The week so far -

I missed my 10,000 steps on Tuesday. :( stupid boss came home late so I didn't have time to walk in between work and baby's bed time. Sad. I got 8000 though so not too bad.

But yesterday and Monday I got 10,600+!

My veges are going good! I get half done by lunch time (fruit, sweet potato with beans onions mushrooms and zucchini fry up mmmm) and I've had no chocolate for 5 days now! I can't even believe it.

Sun salutation is amazing. I'm purposely only doing one even though I could do more, that way the next day I feel the need to do one, ya know? I love small wins.

My routine is doing pretty well. I have to figure out how to score it still. Working out the kinks. It's nice because its different every day, but certain things I must do every day. (French, sewing, yoga, coding, walking, clean one room, washing) and as long as I get those done, I pass!)

Sounds like you are doing great!

May I suggest for your tracking of your steps goal to use the average number of steps you do per day? That way you are more likely to succeed... and if you have a few bad days for whatever reason, you still make it. Lets face it, we all have good and bad days... what matters in the end is to the average... or in other words having more good than bad days. Not sure if I am making sense, I am a bit tired... so getting off the computer as soon as I post this. :)

While a dark enough chocolate in small amounts might actually have health benefits, eating a high amount of fruit and veg is a great thing to aim for! I should really aim for more in my diet.

I am a huge dark chocolate fan. I would say if one is following a good healthy diet of whatever type it is... There is absolutely no harm done with having a small indulgence in the form of dark chocolate every now and then. But I am biased in my love for dark chocolate.  :love_heart:

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

I know exactly what you mean. abs and lets not even mention the pelvic floor muscles. I am really impressed with how you are building up to doing stuff a little bit each day. I  admire your consistency!

Sounds like you are doing great!

May I suggest for your tracking of your steps goal to use the average number of steps you do per day? That way you are more likely to succeed... and if you have a few bad days for whatever reason, you still make it. Lets face it, we all have good and bad days... what matters in the end is to the average... or in other words having more good than bad days. Not sure if I am making sense, I am a bit tired... so getting off the computer as soon as I post this. :)

Thanks for the advice! I've decided to do that. 

yeah it's great to be consistent... though I'm not as consistent as I like.

yeah I'm a huge dark chocolate fan. WAY HUGE. I'm all about seeing how in control I can be... my chocolate eating habit seemed to be out of my control. I couldn't resist buying it when I was hungry and tired.

so update for the last week

yoga : 6/7

chocolate: 2/7

10,000: average 9096

vege: 4/7 (average of 7 though.)

routine: (8 pts per day) average 7

Not bad. still room for improvement - I set myself a hard challenge this time.

Current Challenge

From Hard Challenges come Big Gains! Keep it up! 9000 steps average is pretty awesome! :)

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

How are you doing Dani? :)

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Oh man. What a month. I went on holiday to Copenhagen and my parents came over (from NZ to the Netherlands) so I stopped keeping track.

I know for SURE that I met that walking goal. In copenhagen I walked EVERYWHERE. same with my parents. I got over 17,000 steps twice.

I can't be sure of specifics for any of the others... so I plan on skipping over this one and starting again next challenge. I finally had a look at the angry birds workout, and now I'm obsessed. I also feel like counting fruit and vege wasn't really the way to go for me. I eat a huge range of fruit and vege in a day, but not necessarily so many portions? hmm. I'll keep considering this to be specific.

My routine was shot to hell by all the vacation. so I know for sure that's a fail. haha. still feel great though! my sun salutations look amazing now. and my back bends and forward bends are incredible.

Current Challenge

Sounds to me like you had a great month! Parents visiting takes priority over NF challenges for sure. And it looks like you kept up with yoga and walking... and took up doing angry birds workout. Those are all wins in my book! Well done! :)

Glad you are planning to join as for the next challenge! Starts June 3rd!

Probably a good idea to check how much fruit and vege you are actually eating. I should do that too at some stage... for me, maybe not the next challenge but the one after. :)

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines