Quaintly's Round Two

quaintly

I'm back for round two, hoping to improve my NF GPA from a 2.0. There's only a few weeks left of my semester, so finding time in between my classes and finals and wrapping up the classes I teach may be tough, but that's all the more reason to keep myself on track. And keeping on track is a real theme here.

Goal 1: Run 5km in 35 minutes [+2 STA, +3 DEX]

Right now, I'm running 5k in about 40 minutes. I know I can do better than this. I want to shave 5 minutes, at least, off my time over the next 6 weeks. Ideally, I'd get to a 30 minute time.

A: 5k in 35 B: 5km in 36 C: 5km in 37 D: 5km in 38 F: 5k in 39 minutes or more

Goal 2: Work-out at least 6x a week [+1 STR, +2 CON, +2 STA]

I've been skipping work-outs like crazy because I'm not getting up on time (see next goal) which I think really impeded my progress on my 5k. I just need to get into a routine and stick to it. No more aiming for 6 but only getting in 4. 6 times per week with one rest day on Sunday.

A: 36 or more work-outs B: 34 work-outs C: 32 work-outs D: 30 work-outs F: 29 work-outs or less

Goal 3: Get up between 7 and 7:30 (or earlier) every day [+3 CHA]

I need to get into a routine and stick to it. Up at 7 every day and in bed by 10, ideally. This will be much easier now that my super late night class and the night lab I have to teach is done, but I still need to work on it.

A: Up every day on time B: Miss 2 days C: Miss 4 days D: Miss 6 days F: Miss 7 days or more

Goal 4: Write down one thing I'm grateful for daily [+2 CHA]

I'm a natural pessimist, but I'm trying to be more positive. I think writing one thing I'm grateful for daily will help me.

A: Write one thing down every day B: Miss 2 days C: Miss 4 days D: Miss 6 days F: Miss 7 days or more

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

Thanks Choronodon! I'm heading over to your thread right after this to check it out!

The list of things I'm grateful for is started on my tumblr (link in sig), and I was up at 6:50 today, still sore from chem department softball Sunday, followed by BBWW yesterday, haha.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

So, when I made these challenge goals, I forgot it's tornado season in Oklahoma. I've edited my schedule goal to give me a little leeway, since sometimes the tornado watches don't expire until late at night, and I don't trust myself to wake up if the sirens go off. Now, any time between 7 and 7:30 will count as getting up on time. Good news: everything else is right on track! And only two days until the Color Run!

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

I really love your goals!

I too am on round 2 and it does help me to know where I am likely to go wrong - ah hindsight you are a B!t*h.

Keep at it.

MD

I totally agree with you. I feel like my goals are much more useful this challenge, since I know exactly what I need to work on from experience.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

So, when I made these challenge goals, I forgot it's tornado season in Oklahoma. I've edited my schedule goal to give me a little leeway, since sometimes the tornado watches don't expire until late at night, and I don't trust myself to wake up if the sirens go off. Now, any time between 7 and 7:30 will count as getting up on time. Good news: everything else is right on track! And only two days until the Color Run!

Leeway is good. I added some wiggle room to most of my goals this time around as well.

Have fun at the Color Run!! :)

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

The Color Run was so much fun! I'm also keeping up with all of my other goals, and there's chem department softball again tomorrow. Life is good (at least until my Group Theory test comes around on Tuesday...).

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

I really wanted to go for a run outside today. But I hurt my quad somehow doing lunges on Friday, and it started hurting again during the Color Run yesterday. So rest  day today really did need to be a rest day. But I just wanted to go run in the very rare (for Oklahoma) beautiful weather. I feel like these are real #nerdfitnessproblems.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

hehehe real #nerdfitnessproblems!!  I have those too, like wanting to go to gym when i'm sick!  But you did well in taking it easy to allow your quads some time to relax and recuperate.  This is a much different tone from the last challenge and i'm thrilled to hear it :)

Have a great week 2

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Thanks AngelBlaidd! I feel like this gratitude list is actually really helping with my attitude.

Speaking of, everything has been going great! I have one miss on my wake-up time, but it was the Sunday after the Color Run and having slept like 4 hours. So I'm not feeling too bad about that.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

Stopping in with an "all's good" update before the chem department softball game tonight!

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

I hope you don't mind but I am mainly wondering now what happens with tornado watches!?!  It sounds exciting and scary at the same time (mostly scary).  We don't really have tornadoes here so I'm just fascinated!

Also, hope you're going well with your goals hehe :D 

Level Two Time Lord Adventurer
STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 3

I hope you don't mind but I am mainly wondering now what happens with tornado watches!?!  It sounds exciting and scary at the same time (mostly scary).  We don't really have tornadoes here so I'm just fascinated!

Haha, I don't mind at all! A watch means that all the conditions are right for a tornado to form. So I usually get all my valuables together and head to my lab, since that  building is much sturdier than my apartment. And then it's a long (sometimes short, but usually long) night of streaming the local news stations, who go into ridiculous storm coverage mode. If you've lived in OK long enough, this is much more boring than scary, haha.

A warning means a tornado has been spotted forming in your area or on radar. The sirens go off, and you quickly head to some place safe (usually the bathroom across from my lab for me, lots of people have actual underground tornado shelters). Fortunately, the few storms that have hit Norman in my time here haven't really done too much damage and never to some place that I've actually been.

And that is about the sum total of this California transplant's tornado knowledge.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

Cooooooool!  Does that happen a lot? 

Haha, I don't mind at all! A watch means that all the conditions are right for a tornado to form. So I usually get all my valuables together and head to my lab, since that  building is much sturdier than my apartment. And then it's a long (sometimes short, but usually long) night of streaming the local news stations, who go into ridiculous storm coverage mode. If you've lived in OK long enough, this is much more boring than scary, haha.

A warning means a tornado has been spotted forming in your area or on radar. The sirens go off, and you quickly head to some place safe (usually the bathroom across from my lab for me, lots of people have actual underground tornado shelters). Fortunately, the few storms that have hit Norman in my time here haven't really done too much damage and never to some place that I've actually been.

And that is about the sum total of this California transplant's tornado knowledge.

Coooooooooool!  So do they happen a lot?  Or like, once every couple of months??

The watches happen about once every couple weeks in the spring (tornado season, woo!). The warnings are more like once every couple of months, if that. I'm lucky to live in the Norman bubble (what we call the strange phenomenon of most weather going right around us), but some places in OK have tornadoes much more frequently. You also sometimes get some crazy ones in the off-season. I remember one in like November, once.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

I had to bring something for my labmate's dissertation defense potluck today (yay!) and back in the day this would mean staying up super late to do it and then oversleeping the next day and feeling dead tired. Instead, I prepped and then went to bed on time, got up an hour early, cooked everything, and even got in my scheduled work-out.

Boo-yah.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

w00t!!  Such a sense of achievement :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

The watches happen about once every couple weeks in the spring (tornado season, woo!). The warnings are more like once every couple of months, if that. I'm lucky to live in the Norman bubble (what we call the strange phenomenon of most weather going right around us), but some places in OK have tornadoes much more frequently. You also sometimes get some crazy ones in the off-season. I remember one in like November, once.

Ohhhhh okay I get ya!!  It sounds kind of similar to here with cyclones!!  Very cool :D

I had to bring something for my labmate's dissertation defense potluck today (yay!) and back in the day this would mean staying up super late to do it and then oversleeping the next day and feeling dead tired. Instead, I prepped and then went to bed on time, got up an hour early, cooked everything, and even got in my scheduled work-out.

Boo-yah.

Ohh I love those days where you have everything prepped and works like clockwork :D Such a good feeling!!!

Boo-yah.

It's awesome when a plan comes together!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Everything has been going pretty well. I had another cheat morning today because of the department banquet last night, but that still keeps me at a B grade. And we'll see how the run ends up (although I haven't skipped a work-out, so it will be more improvement than my last challenge!). Everything else is going well!

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

Just checking in. Woke up this morning feeling pretty terrible (probably thanks to my late night yesterday proctoring the general chemistry exam and the fact that none of my labmates believe in staying the eff away from everyone when they're sick), so today was an unplanned rest day. That means shifting my schedule one day, granted I'm feeling better tomorrow. And I desperately hope that's the case since it's finals week, and I really can't afford to be sick.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

Bummer :( are you taking anything? When I start to feel like sick is on the horizon I start taking Vitamin C, garlic pills, and Echinacea. I usually still get sick, but they seem to help it be not so bad and not so long.

Bummer :( are you taking anything? When I start to feel like sick is on the horizon I start taking Vitamin C, garlic pills, and Echinacea. I usually still get sick, but they seem to help it be not so bad and not so long.

I very rarely get sick, so I don't really have any of the preventatives. I'm hoping a good night's sleep will be enough to shake this, after I stayed home today to study instead of going into work. If it persists, I might pick up some multi-vitamins.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

8am finals yesterday and today, so I had to move my work-out to after work if I didn't want to get up at 5am (which I didn't). Which reminded me why I get up in the morning to work-out. In the morning, I feel great, energized; exercising gets me going. In the afternoon? Overheating, nausea, and general death, even in the pretty fantastic weather we're having.

But it's done and back to normal tomorrow! And this Monday is my slated start date for StrongLifts!

Lvl. 3 Gnome

Tumblr

- Walt Disney

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines