Vector's Second Challenge

Vector

Greetings Assassins.

The goal is to keep the goal the goal!

This is a largely continuation of the last challenge. I will be starting a bit slowly to let some tendon and ligature issues finish clearing.

Fitness targets:

1. 10 dips with +25#

2.   5 Ring Chins with +15#

3. 10 feet (18") and hand (4") elevated push ups with +25#. Extra bonus for doing this on rings.

Other Targets:

1. Finish the jewelry lab, and actually make something NICE. Doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to be good. 

2. Get a condensate drain and install it on the AC before it gets nasty hot!

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted.

Would love to see the jewellery your were able to make at the end of the challenge!  Tough goals by the way, they sound awesome!

Agreed!

Those pushups sound beast-like. I think you should find a 20yr old that you can have a push up challenge with and then soundly win :friendly_wink:

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Yes Wolverine, a little more depth and a harder angle.

Thanks all for the welcomes.

I have made some jewelry and other small metal art, so am going to see where I can go with it. Beats working!

You find them more difficult than standard decline push-ups?  I'm looking for a progression beyond decline and I don't want to add weight yet (tried partial planche today, and didn't feel it in my chest like I'd like).

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Elastigirl, I actually have a 20 year old (almost, another year) who is my inspiration for getting in shape. Not mine, just lives around here. Good kid. I have a ways to go before I'd win...   :)

That is great that he inspires you.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Wolverine, they are a bit harder, just from the added ROM. No clue as to how much deeper I am actually going, but it definitely cuts my numbers. The 4" is arbitrary, I happen to have some blocks that thick. Well, the 18" is arbitrary as well, as that's the height of my step stool!

You find them more difficult than standard decline push-ups?  I'm looking for a progression beyond decline and I don't want to add weight yet (tried partial planche today, and didn't feel it in my chest like I'd like).

Wait, you don't feel planche pushups in your chest? This does not compute.

Where do you feel them?

Chest is the only place I feel them.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Vector, on 17 Apr 2013 - 15:10, said:

Waldo, I've been doing them with hands at the chest. What are your thoughts on the hand position? I started pulling the rings rows lower (not sure where you mentioned this) and its very good, and hard.

The closer they are to your waist, the harder it makes the pushup, but the easier it makes it to go deeper due to mobility/biomechanical issues

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines