This is hair in a ponytail kind of serious! (Elder's first challenge)

Elder

Hey running buddy, got you followed now! :)

Wow, you've got some solid goals! They make mine seem very low-key ha ha. Make sure you're letting yourself take it easy on some days-- I notice you've only got Sunday free for a hypothetical recovery day. It is a very real possibility you're more in shape than I was during my first challenge, but burnout is a thing that can and does happen, so if you're feeling it, still exercise that day, but don't push yourself. :)

What doesn't kill me makes me smarter.

What up! Run day for me tomorrow!  

I hear you about burnout!  I have done it to myself before.  My goals are tough but I believe they are attainable.  Definitely will take it easy on days when I am pooched.  The first few weeks should be ok because my run days won't be too bad since I will be still building up to running the full 5k.  I can only do about 3k right now and the other 2k are a mix of walk jog, more walk than job at the moment.  I am also re-conditioning my dog to run with me so I have to take him in to consideration on run days.  For coming on 9yrs he still runs pretty good, but he was pretty immobile over the winter because I hate running in the cold.  

Haha you will definitely hear about it when I have a not so stellar day.  :D 

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

I need to condition my dog to, especially since summer is coming up and he is "poofy" boy!

DAY#1

Today was amazing because unfortunately my truck wouldn't start this morning so fortunately I got the day off work!  I got my truck up and running though. 

I had an awesome first workout!  I went through the Beginner Bodyweight workout 3 times and had a good pulse going by the end.  I logged my workout in my log book and made notes as I went along.  

I also found out where a music store was and went down and bought all the parts I needed to fix my guitar!  I didn't think this would happen until later in the week, so tomorrow I will get to fixing it!

Ate all my food that I prepared and logged it all.  So far staying on track!

Oh and while I was going my workout I came to the dumbbell rows and realised I didn't have a dumbbell so I used this.....

516caa7d932c4_13LBDumbell.jpg

13 pound toolbox!  Booyah!!!!

Flying on a Nerd Fitness high right now!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

You go Elder, showing us that there is no excuse not to workout! There is always something you can use for weights.

DAY#1

Today was amazing because unfortunately my truck wouldn't start this morning so fortunately I got the day off work!  I got my truck up and running though. 

I had an awesome first workout!  I went through the Beginner Bodyweight workout 3 times and had a good pulse going by the end.  I logged my workout in my log book and made notes as I went along.  

I also found out where a music store was and went down and bought all the parts I needed to fix my guitar!  I didn't think this would happen until later in the week, so tomorrow I will get to fixing it!

Ate all my food that I prepared and logged it all.  So far staying on track!

Oh and while I was going my workout I came to the dumbbell rows and realised I didn't have a dumbbell so I used this.....

Flying on a Nerd Fitness high right now!

Way to turn a not working truck into a super productive day!! Its awesome that you are ahead of schedule on your guitar goal. You will be playing it like a champ sooner than you thought  ;)

Also love the dumbbell!

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Awesome creative solution for your workout!!

Good to hear you've enjoyed yourself.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I am also re-conditioning my dog to run with me so I have to take him in to consideration on run days.  For coming on 9yrs he still runs pretty good, but he was pretty immobile over the winter because I hate running in the cold.  

Ha I loved this. What kind of dog is he?Wish I had a dog to go running with. Well done on your first work out =]

HUZZAH for improvisation!!! As far as putting on some weight, I know it isn't paleo, but cookiedough is a good option as well, as long as you don't mind eating raw eggs. It has plenty of protien, and is very calorie-dense. A little high in sugar, but it's another option, and it tastes awesome! It's currently what my room-mate is doing to aid in his bulk up process.

LEVEL III ASSASSIN-MONK

STR: 8   STA: 10

AGI: 10   WIS: 5

CON: 7   CHA: 4

We must DARE to be GREAT;

and we must realize that GREATNESS is

the FRUIT of TOIL and SACRIFICE and HIGH COURAGE

Great idea with the toolbox. I love to go into our garage and discover new things I can use for my workout. Hadn't thought of the toolbox though-sweet idea

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Ha I loved this. What kind of dog is he?Wish I had a dog to go running with. Well done on your first work out =]

516ea2a13f3d8_546234_10150848619558253_1

Chopper is a Lab Husky mix, I love having him around because he gives me that extra motivation to get out and stay active!  Everyone needs a dog at some point in their lives.  I got him at 6 weeks and have had him for almost 9 years now.  He's my best buddy!

HUZZAH for improvisation!!! As far as putting on some weight, I know it isn't paleo, but cookiedough is a good option as well, as long as you don't mind eating raw eggs. It has plenty of protien, and is very calorie-dense. A little high in sugar, but it's another option, and it tastes awesome! It's currently what my room-mate is doing to aid in his bulk up process.

Ronin you are my FAVORITE person of the day today!!!!  Cookie dough is one of my favorite food groups! Haha.  True that it is quite sugary but I will keep it in mind for potential future use.

You could always do homemade cookie dough. Then you could flavour it with things that aren't sugar. Then it'll have less sugar content. Everyone wins :)

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Alright so Day #2 was great!  

I was going to go for my run right after work but some friends showed up from out of town and invited me for supper.  I did go for my run after supper though!  It was great!  Didn't get to work on my guitar though but I still have the rest of the week!  Food and run logged!

Day #3 so far....

It's been crazy at work this morning, kind of an "airhead" day.  But logging food as I go!  Tonight it's riding horses after work then BBW!  Rah Rah Go Team!

Alright so Day #2 was great!  

I was going to go for my run right after work but some friends showed up from out of town and invited me for supper.  I did go for my run after supper though!  It was great!  Didn't get to work on my guitar though but I still have the rest of the week!  Food and run logged!

Day #3 so far....

It's been crazy at work this morning, kind of an "airhead" day.  But logging food as I go!  Tonight it's riding horses after work then BBW!  Rah Rah Go Team!

Have you been using Paleo Track and if so how is it working out for you? 

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

Chopper looks beautyfull! My dog is a malamute/shepherd mix, so they're kinda sled dog buddies? :P She's my first dog and 2,5 years old right now. Still every day really happy that my boyfriend talked me into getting her. Happiest time for me is going out to the woods together. I always used to watch them play, but now I'm actually participating :)

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares to move

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Have you been using Paleo Track and if so how is it working out for you? 

I tried it out but I won't be using it.  I am not full Paleo and found they didn't have all the foods I was eating.  It would be nice if there was an app I could have on my phone so I could track my food as I went.  I am using the Myfitnesspal and Lose It app at the moment, I really like the bar code scanner.  It makes things easier after this first week I will choose which one I prefer and just use one.  Since I am just starting my food tracking journey I prefer something a little more quick and easy.

I tried it out but I won't be using it.  I am not full Paleo and found they didn't have all the foods I was eating.  It would be nice if there was an app I could have on my phone so I could track my food as I went.  I am using the Myfitnesspal and Lose It app at the moment, I really like the bar code scanner.  It makes things easier after this first week I will choose which one I prefer and just use one.  Since I am just starting my food tracking journey I prefer something a little more quick and easy.

I can see that and it is a pretty big draw back I have to admit. However it is working for my needs and I have just gotten used to it. I would say I eat primal but I don't eat packaged food generally so it's not too big of a deal for me. Well you gave it a shot. What ever works best for you is what matters. Good luck! You are doing great so far. 

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

I really like MyFitnessPal. Although it'd be nice if they had a suggested meal plan of some sort. Kind of a general guideline of what types of meals would get you to your calorie/nutrient goals. But I find it really easy to use. I barely notice I do it any more.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines