Hello from Atlanta (well, atlanta area technically)

Hey Everyone, Evan here

I've been following the site for quite a long while and finally decided to join, because I like the general attitude on the forums. Also, I finally reached the point where I'm tired of being limited by my fitness level, and I don't want the future to be like the past.

Background: I'm a 19 year old College student. Currently, I'm ~6' 1" and ~240 lbs

I played soccer and rugby at a competitive level, so I have a certain level of athletic ability but I've always been overweight. Time for that to change.

On the workout front, I'm more into lifting weights than cardio, because who doesn't like lifting heavy stuff? I plan to work more cardio into my schedule though, just in case zombies show up (Rule #1: Cardio) , and I don't want to be strong but lack any endurance. Also, I will conquer the pull-up by the end of this year.

Diet:I'm attempting to follow a Paleo-esque diet, and it's seeming to be working out well. I have a gluten sensitivity, so it works best anyway.

Anyway, thanks for having me, the boards are awesome

Welcome to the rebellion.

Gluten-sensitivity. Ah, I know that beastie, not fun at all. I'm moving in a vaguely paleo direction atm, it's going all right thus far, hope it goes well for you.

Level 0 Pixie

"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat or the sea" - Isak Dinesen

Hiya, welcome! Yay for strength training and cardio! Good luck to you on your pullups! I've been working on doing 1 for a month now, and I'm sooooo close. You can do it!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins