LostOne1775 Challenge the Second!!

Ba'sini'on

Wow, you're really killing the challenge! Congrats on your size 14 win. The greatest thing about losing weight is all the pretty clothes you can suddenly buy :D Your self-control with the cake is truly beyond compare, too!

You're doing crazy workouts that I can only dream of too, way to go :) Marines won't know what hit them.

I vote Dune for the book :) Earthworm riding and backstabbing FTW!

Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

STR:2 DEX:3 STA:1 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:2

Return of the Tabris: Chapter 3

Battle Logs

Have faith, you're not a moron. - John Brown

Funny how not watching TV makes it easier to not watch TV, don't you think? Can't wait to see your sketches! And nice job on the workout!

Wow, you're really killing the challenge! Congrats on your size 14 win. The greatest thing about losing weight is all the pretty clothes you can suddenly buy :D Your self-control with the cake is truly beyond compare, too!

You're doing crazy workouts that I can only dream of too, way to go :) Marines won't know what hit them.

I vote Dune for the book :) Earthworm riding and backstabbing FTW!

Dune it is then! Thank you all for the encouragement!

Week #1

So far so good! I worked the horses, it wasn't long and mainly a refresher course on manners but their behavior has improved. My diet has been good to, I haven't eaten any carbs for breakfast, lunch, only dinner if it's served. I worked out everyday, although I was disappointed in yesterday and the day before. I could have done more but my body was wearing out. Today was a nice relaxing day and I could feel my body day, "Aaaaaaah..." Didn't watch to much t.v. either I felt the need to read or draw instead.

I'm going to kick it up a notch with my worouts. I have one book for preparing physically for the Marines, and the other two for Spec Ops. I'm going to do one of the Spec Ops books workout (it has REALLY hardcore workouts!) twice a week. And the others almost everyday. And I will post my scores on the 100 crunches in 2 minutes goal. 

Some news I need advice on, I am thinking of entering the Zombie 5k run which starts in September. Is that enough time to prepare?

I re-posted my drawing along with my sketches. Hey Tabris! I was going to put up my drawing of Jack and Vega but I REALLY messed up and had to trash it. Sorry! :neglected:

BTW the colored drawings and sketches are done in Col-Erase. Have you fellow artists tried it for sketching or portraits? It is awesome, the depth of charcoal but no mess, the diversity of graphite without the metallic shine, and is smooth when drawing.

Also check out Andrew Loomis, Lee Hammond. John Howe and Betty Edwards if you want to improve your drawings.

Start with Betty Edwards book Drawing on the Right Side of them Brain, you will be amazed at how drastically your drawings will change! I'm going back on it this week for a refresher.

Lee Hammond has a lot of books on almost every subject from how to draw people from photographs, to animals and birds. Her tutorials on shading are phenomenal.

John Howe came out with a book called Fantasy Workshop Drawing. It's not just for fantasy drawing, it shows how to sketch your imagination. Greatest rule in there is to never throw out your sketchbooks or sketches. No matter what they look like you can always go back and see how far you've come.

And last but not least, the king of drawing both imagination and portraits...Andrew Loomis! Every one of his books are worth getting. They started revising them into hardbacks, also made them bigger and special binding to lay down flat so you can sketch without holding down the pages. Figure Drawing for All It's Worth is a popular first, and I agree. It has a lot of nudes but that's what artists have to know.

Just thought you guys would like to know :playful: !

Hey BruteSquad! Send me the next HIIT anytime, make it brutal! Worthy of the great ogre BruteSquad!! :bull_head:

May God bless your week two!

Nice sketches!  Hurray for ending week 1!  Way to do so well in week 1!  hahaha.  

I think that you could definitely do a 5km in September if you started working on it now.  Since you will be kicking up your workouts a bunch you will be making amazing progress!

I am looking forward to watching how week 2 goes for you.  :D

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

My second Vegetarian meal: Shrimp pasta

Wow! You're doing awesome!. Keep it up!

Thanks!

I enjoyed browsing your sketches--nice! Hope your week 2 goes well, too!

I hope so to, so far it's not starting out like I hoped,

Nice sketches!  Hurray for ending week 1!  Way to do so well in week 1!  hahaha.  

I think that you could definitely do a 5km in September if you started working on it now.  Since you will be kicking up your workouts a bunch you will be making amazing progress!

I am looking forward to watching how week 2 goes for you.   :D

Thank you!

I'm actually wondering if I should focus more on running and less on weights and bodyweight.

Day 1 of Week 2 hasn't started as extreme as I wanted. I didn't get much sleep last night due to watching all the t.v. shows recorded, and my wisdom tooth broke and jaw was in pain. I took some Advil and convincing my body to relax and sleep took a lot longer than I would've liked. I ended having a good sleep (not a nap!) while reading Dune. It wasn't the books fault, I was just exhausted. Although, I did go for a nice walk around my neighborhood I didn't get to do the awesome workout I wanted to try.

I didn't even get to start my to-do list...

Oh well, at least my meals were how I planned:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, and salad

Lunch: Milkshake: Strawberry, peanut butter, almonds, pecans, banana, cranberry juice, and milk

Dinner: Shrimp pasta

I shall be well-rested tomorrow, in fact I'm going to bed early so I will be sure to rise at 5.

Bring it on challenge, I dare you!! Don't hurt me...

That milkshake you had sounds delicious! :D And the dinner too, even though I'm not a huge fan of seafood (something I REALLY need to get over just because seafood is so good for you). :P Even though today didn't go exactly how you wanted it to, I'm sure the rest of the week will go amazingly. <3

Level 1 Human Adventurer

STR: 2   DEX:  2  STA: 2

CON:  2  WIS:   CHA:  3

"It's a tad easier to be proud when you come in first than it is when you finish further back. But there's no reason to hide when you don't do as well as you'd hoped. You can't run away from your problems. Better to run to your friends and family."-Twilight Sparkle

Sorry I have been MIA.  I have a HIIT workout, but this is race week for me, so no brutal workouts until after the race.  That is Saturday.

I am impressed at the will power against cake!  Bonus points for something should be in there!

I will get the HIIT posted tomorrow at the latest, perhaps tonight.

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

Nice shrimp stir fry!  Looks good...still can't wrap my head around it being vegetarian though.  I made my own shrimp stir fry concoction, I got a little distracted and over cooked things...shrimp is a little rubbery...but the flavor is still good!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Awesome  job on the workouts and congratulations on slipping into a size 14. I think you'll  soon be slipping out of it. :)

I already have my eyes set on these really cute pants, size 12!

That milkshake you had sounds delicious! :D And the dinner too, even though I'm not a huge fan of seafood (something I REALLY need to get over just because seafood is so good for you). :tongue: Even though today didn't go exactly how you wanted it to, I'm sure the rest of the week will go amazingly. <3

I'm picky on my seafood, I only like shrimp, fish, and octopus.

Oh I hope the rest of the week goes well to, I was just hoping to outdo last week.

why you make such good lookin foods!!! Gimme

I need more ideas...my meals are yummy but yall got such good lookin ideas

For my family, food has to taste better than a restaurant! Most of our recipes come from Cook's Illustrated Magazine, and recipes from family members.

If you would like some recipes, let me know and I will send them to you!

Ow! Broken wisdom tooth? I'm amazed you could sleep at all. Hope you got that repaired, or did the dentist have to pull it?

Be well, LostOne.

Took me a while, but I finally went beddy bye!

I have to make the appointment, I'm actually worried that might have to pull it out. Since it's in the back of my mouth they would have to cut open my cheek just to get it.

Sorry I have been MIA.  I have a HIIT workout, but this is race week for me, so no brutal workouts until after the race.  That is Saturday.

I am impressed at the will power against cake!  Bonus points for something should be in there!

I will get the HIIT posted tomorrow at the latest, perhaps tonight.

It's o.k.! I was just worried about my buddy!

Resisting the cake has been easy, especially when your positive that you can't handle refined sugar any longer,

Can't wait!

Nice shrimp stir fry!  Looks good...still can't wrap my head around it being vegetarian though.  I made my own shrimp stir fry concoction, I got a little distracted and over cooked things...shrimp is a little rubbery...but the flavor is still good!

That's great that it turned out well!

I will post my workout from today tomorrow. Right now it's 10:50, way to late for me! See ya then!

The workout I have planned is as follows, but I won't be doing it until the week after the Spartan Race.  :pirate:

1. Clean and press sand bag (mine is about 80lbs because I am bigger)

2. Alternating backward lunges with sand bag (1 rep is left and right lunge)

3. Burpees

4. Sumo Squat with Sand bag

5. bicycle abs

6. Body weight rows

Repeat.

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

The workout I have planned is as follows, but I won't be doing it until the week after the Spartan Race.  :pirate:

1. Clean and press sand bag (mine is about 80lbs because I am bigger)

2. Alternating backward lunges with sand bag (1 rep is left and right lunge)

3. Burpees

4. Sumo Squat with Sand bag

5. bicycle abs

6. Body weight rows

Repeat.

Challenge accepted my good man!

My yesterday workout:

Butterfly: 20lb.-20, 30lb.-20, 40lb.-20, 60lb.-10

Pushup: 20, 20, 10

Shoulder Press: 20lb.-15, 30lb.-8, 20lb.-10, 10lb.-15

Pike Press: 30, 20

One-leg Deadlift: 50lb.-10/10, 10/10, 10/10, 20/20

Pullup Dead Hang: 17.8, 10.34, 20.24

Pushdown: 20lb.-20, 30lb.-15, 50lb.-5, 40lb.-10

Diamond Pushup: 20, 12, 18

Cable Curl: 10lb.-20, 20lb.-17, 30lb.-12, 40lb.-6

Dumbbell Curl: 10lb.-20/20, 20lb.-20/20, 30lb.-5/5

Today all I did was a bodyweight workout that I made up: 1. Jumping Jack:100, 2. Weighted Squats (50lb.): 50, 3. Pushups: 50, 4. Jackknife: 50, 5. Burpee:50-Time for Burpees: 5.33.08

I'm disappointed with how the second week has been going. I haven't finished my to-do lists or kept constant with my sketching. I think it's because of how warm it's gotten over here, I'm always feeling tired and sluggish. May have to up my Black Tea consumption...

Good news: I finished half of my list, still consistent with working with the horses, still sugar-free, read seven chapters of Dune (meh), and I haven't eaten carbs until dinner.

I'm thinking of minimizing my carb intake even more. I suspect I'm really carb sensitive, maybe next challenge I'll try and last two weeks on the Fat Flush. Going to test that theory out tomorrow by keeping away from carbs and if it is served for dinner, I will make it REALLY small.

And I have a strategy to combat my drowsiness. If I start to feel tired drink some Black Tea, and keep moving. Even if I'm reading I'll just pace as I'm reading to keep from falling asleep again. I'll sketch outside from now on standing up. I'm keeping my day open tomorrow to focus on reinforcing these habits, hopefully I don't get distracted.

Oh! Found this old book on the internet that is about getting into the habit of working out. It doesn't have a title but what intrigued me was the fact that it mainly was about using exercises for every day life. When bent down on one knee, instead of using a object or hands to get up do a lunge. Deadlift of squat when lifting an especially heavy object. Don't drag a chair out, pick it up with both hands and move it into place, this includes wheel chairs. If lying down on the ground, roll to your stomach and do a burpee to get up. Weather permitting, park far from a store and walk the rest of the way, and if possible carry the groceries. Just little things that turn into big things, thought you guys would find it interesting I'll look for the book title later.

See ya tomorrow!

Maybe its the kind of carbs you're sensitive to? Like corn or wheat, perhaps? Lots of people are sensitive to one or both of those. You might want to take care with carb reduction Most veggies are carbs, and you need those for health maintaining vitamins and minerals. Too few carbs and lots of protein can lead to ketosis. Some people tolerate that and for others it can be dangerous. It might actually be lack of carbs making your energy level so low. Complex carbs will deliver energy in a slow, steady pattern instead of the sugar spike and crash processed carbs deliver.

Hope this helps! Also, the week isn't half over yet. Still time to pull it up overall! You can do it!

P.S. Should have gone with Foundation!

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Maybe its the kind of carbs you're sensitive to? Like corn or wheat, perhaps? Lots of people are sensitive to one or both of those. You might want to take care with carb reduction Most veggies are carbs, and you need those for health maintaining vitamins and minerals. Too few carbs and lots of protein can lead to ketosis. Some people tolerate that and for others it can be dangerous. It might actually be lack of carbs making your energy level so low. Complex carbs will deliver energy in a slow, steady pattern instead of the sugar spike and crash processed carbs deliver.

This.

What kind of carbs is a big deal.  You need carbs and you may be getting sleepy because you don't have enough carbs.  The carbs to avoid are all the processed carbs.  Eat the snot out of veggies.  Lots of veggies...and more veggies....skip the grains and all processed stuff. 

The nutritionist I worked with had three basic carb categories:  Starch, fiberous, and simple.

Starch was wheat and grain as well as potatoes.

Fiberous was veggies...think green and colorful veggies

Simple was fruit, sugar, etc...

Fiberous carbs were encouraged and simple were to be eaten sparingly, starch skip and eat rarely.

My diet still reflects this as the basics are:

Lean protien (meat or fish)

Veggies.

Combine in interesting ways.

The exception is I have one piece of toast for breakfast and I have an occasional beer.

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Hope this helps! Also, the week isn't half over yet. Still time to pull it up overall! You can do it!

P.S. Should have gone with Foundation!

I still eat veggies, lots of veggies! I never thought of them as carbs just...veggies.

Yeah, yeah, I'm already regretting my decision in adding Dune to the vote. I was actually considering Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? but I made the mistake of listening to my sister, when she said it was a classic. Hmmph! A classic misprint. Don't get me wrong the story is interesting, but the worldview and world itself is REALLY depressing! I will finish it but I don't think I can make it at the end of the week. I'll just read it on the side if the deadline is missed.

This.

What kind of carbs is a big deal.  You need carbs and you may be getting sleepy because you don't have enough carbs.  The carbs to avoid are all the processed carbs.  Eat the snot out of veggies.  Lots of veggies...and more veggies....skip the grains and all processed stuff. 

The nutritionist I worked with had three basic carb categories:  Starch, fiberous, and simple.

Starch was wheat and grain as well as potatoes.

Fiberous was veggies...think green and colorful veggies

Simple was fruit, sugar, etc...

Fiberous carbs were encouraged and simple were to be eaten sparingly, starch skip and eat rarely.

My diet still reflects this as the basics are:

Lean protien (meat or fish)

Veggies.

Combine in interesting ways.

The exception is I have one piece of toast for breakfast and I have an occasional beer.

I need to keep that in mind, thanks!

O.k. so I'm cutting down on starches, and increasing my fibers. I don't eat Simple carbs much just an apple or banana if I'm hungry.

wow your workout is intense...I feel like it should kick my butt in gear...

Are you kidding? My workouts stem mainly from you and I-Jo for inspiration! You two are the most hardcore chicks I know!

I finally did it! I did my Badass workout, something I will add that will only occur once a week! :angry: 

Waking up: ZWOW #23. Burpee Torture! 2x    Time: 17.21.14  Original Time: 24.32.09

1. Yoga Burpee: 5  2. Ab Splitter: 5  3. Burpee: 50  4. Air Squat: 100

Outside after feeding animals: H.I.I.T. BruteSquad and LO1775 #2 ( I was going to use two initials from your screen name, but that would have came out BS *snickers*) 12r. 50w. 10r. (Correct?)

1. Clean and Press: 5, 7  2. Backward Lunge: 6, 8  3. Burpee: 7, 10  4. Sumo Squat: 9, 10  5. Bicycle: 25, 30  6. Bodyweight Rows: 15. 25  (Next time I will lower my sandbag weight from 50 lb. to 30lb.)

Evening: ZWOW #10. Bring It!   10 min.  Rounds: 3

1. High Knees: 100  2. Reptile Burpee: 20  3. Dumbbell Jump: 20

Bodybuilding: Lower Body and Abs

Leg Extension: 20lb.-20, 30lb.-18, 30lb.-16, 40lb.-15, 70lb.-8

Leg Press: 100lb.-16

Lunges: No weight-20, 10/10lb.-20, 10/10lb.-20, 20/20lb.-10, 20/20lb.-6

Bulgarian Jump: 10/10lb.-15/15

Calf Raise: 40lb.-20, 50lb.-20, 70lb.-20, 80lb.-16, 100lb.-15

Single Calf Raise: 20/20lb-12/12

Weighted Decline Crunch: 10/10lb.-20, 10/10lb.-20, 10/10lb.-20, 20lb-10, 30lb.-5

Cable Crunch: 100lb.-10

Finisher:

1A). Pullup: 1 minute: (26) 5 half, 21 pulse

2A.). 30-20-10

a). Dumbbell Swing (20lb.) b.). Pushup c). Leg Raise

3A). Pullup: 1 minute: (27) 7 half, 20 pulse

This was brutal! And my meals were:

Breakfast: 1 cup Yogurt with strawberries

Lunch: Salmon patty, romaine lettuce, brown mustard, and slice of Monterey,

Dinner: Bacon wrapped meatloaf, 1/4 cup mashed potatoes with cheese and sour cream, mixed vegatables

When I got hungry this afternoon I just had one of the bars I found at Costco, their called Perfect Foods Bar. I love them and they are completely sugar free, soy free, gluten free, and delicious! They have no preservatives whatsoever, in fact they have to be refrigerated or they'll spoil.

I would write more but I am really tired...I don't deserve to be conscience right now! :sleeping:

Here's an interesting twist on healthy snack bars: http://www.youbars.com/

It's a design-your-own-bars business. Very cool! I found it when I was researching backpacking food.

Great workout, LostOne! Downright daunting for us normal humans... Brava!

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

1. Clean and Press: 5, 7  2. Backward Lunge: 6, 8  3. Burpee: 7, 10  4. Sumo Squat: 9, 10  5. Bicycle: 25, 30  6. Bodyweight Rows: 15. 25  (Next time I will lower my sandbag weight from 50 lb. to 30lb.)

Weighted Decline Crunch: 10/10lb.-20, 10/10lb.-20, 10/10lb.-20, 20lb-10, 30lb.-5

Finisher:

2A.). 30-20-10

Dinner: Bacon wrapped meatloaf, 1/4 cup mashed potatoes with cheese and sour cream, mixed vegatables

When I got hungry this afternoon I just had one of the bars I found at Costco, their called Perfect Foods Bar. I love them and they are completely sugar free, soy free, gluten free, and delicious! They have no preservatives whatsoever, in fact they have to be refrigerated or they'll spoil.

I would write more but I am really tired...I don't deserve to be conscience right now! :sleeping:

Wowzer! You rocked this thing. Congratulations. That's some serious effort. Have fun today.

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

O.k. so I'm cutting down on starches, and increasing my fibers. I don't eat Simple carbs much just an apple or banana if I'm hungry.

Are you kidding? My workouts stem mainly from you and I-Jo for inspiration! You two are the most hardcore chicks I know!

I finally did it! I did my Badass workout, something I will add that will only occur once a week! :angry: 

Waking up: ZWOW #23. Burpee Torture! 2x    Time: 17.21.14  Original Time: 24.32.09

1. Yoga Burpee: 5  2. Ab Splitter: 5  3. Burpee: 50  4. Air Squat: 100

Outside after feeding animals: H.I.I.T. BruteSquad and LO1775 #2 ( I was going to use two initials from your screen name, but that would have came out BS *snickers*) 12r. 50w. 10r. (Correct?)

Finisher:

2A.). 30-20-10

*blushes* aw well then you took it and ran with it and were like let's times this by 3BA-ness...gonna start stealing some of your workout stuff! Go take a break! You're awesome!!!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines