LostOne1775 Challenge the Second!!

Ba'sini'on

I have another question for you, you do daily workouts... What does this look like, do you do the same routine that you recently posted or do you switch it up? I am wanting to plan daily fitness routines, but I am a little overwhelmed with all the different advice regarding strength and cardio, rest days, alternating days, etc. And then I don't even know where calisthenics fall in there, is that strength, cardio? lol I have just been focusing on being more active really, I am aiming for 12 miles a week of walk/run/hike, and two body weight workouts, but rest days seem to throw me off, I feel like I need to do something every day to keep my momentum up, but some days I am really sore or just tired...  I would love to find a place to swim nearby, other than the beach (the water is still freezing and gas is expensive!) and I would like to take some dance classes, but for now I am just trying to get to where I am not gasping for breath or injuring myself!

Elan Ranger, Level 3

STR 6|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 7|WIS 7|CHA 8

Height: 5'4Weight lost: 14.5 lbs

Current Challenge

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -Nietzsche

Woah Deadlifts!!!  That's super cool. 

Working up a sweat should help your could too...?  It usually does for me when I have a cold.  I am going riding tonight because it's finally sunny outside too!!!  Will be riding my pony in the open field for the first time, so hopefully all goes well.  He is small enough I can wrap my feet around his belly if he gets too ornery.   :D

I have heard so many good things about Ender's Game, I may have to read it sooner than later.   

I love small horses! But my twin liked tall ones...why did she have to pick big crazy ones?!

Great job so sar. You're going to kick some serious Marine butt. I also feel the need to refocus and finish this challenge strong. Good luck.

Good luck and God bless to you to!

I told you about Ender's Game!  Yes it is awesomeness covered in sauce of distilled awesome.

Congratulations on the four Peanut Butters!  Perhaps you meant personal best.....but peanut butter is so delicious!

You told me nothing! It wasn't until AFTER the vote did you let me know of this jewel of a book. But I at least can say I've read Dune...and didn't like it.

Peanut butter jelly time! Yes personal best LOL

I agree about Ender's Game. It is amazing. And the ending will just knock your socks off. (Good luck getting them back on) The rest of the series is good, too, but, like I said, I liked the Ender's Shadow series a little bit better than the Ender's Game series. Ender's Shadow is basically a retelling of Ender's Game, except from Beans perspective. The rest of that series is all about him, and I am a big fan of Bean. Enjoy the rest of the book. Card sure know how to write them.

I'll look up the other series to, thanks!

Hahaha Peanut Butter was the first thing to pop in to my mind as well!  I had no idea what else it would stand for.   :tongue:

Ok now you guys are making me hungry...

I am looking at your workout and I feel kinda the same way I do when my hubby talks about work (he is a mechanic, this morning he told me to find a hose on my radiator and I couldn't even find the radiator... well, maybe not quite that bad but that is how I feel) I do not even know what most of these things on your list mean... lol. I am sure I can Google them and find out and as I progress in my own fitness I am bound to learn more, but man, it sure looks like you know what you are doing, and doing it well! I am curious, and forgive me if I sound clueless here, but do you use machines or freeweights or ? 

I am envious of your horses... I wish I had space, and money to afford a horse! Some day. For now we have two dogs, a cat (we had two cats but one was killed by a car about a month ago), a corn snake, a tarantula (that I think might have died in the middle of his molt over the past few days) a feeder mouse that the snake would not eat and has since been given a name and a cage so she is part of the family now, and a man eating hamster. 

I hope you are feeling better today. I am going to have to check out ender's game. I just finished A Game of Thrones and I am totally hooked and need to find the next one already!  Good stuff. I am going to go see Gatsby this weekend, super excited! 

I have machines, dumbbells, and a sandbag.

Horses are a lot of work that's for sure. I have a tarantula to! Her name is Maitika (from the movie Jungle 2 Jungle) she's a Rose Hair. What kind...was yours? LOL man eating hamster, mine did the same thing whenever we woke him up from his nap.

Let me know how Gatsby is!

I have another question for you, you do daily workouts... What does this look like, do you do the same routine that you recently posted or do you switch it up? I am wanting to plan daily fitness routines, but I am a little overwhelmed with all the different advice regarding strength and cardio, rest days, alternating days, etc. And then I don't even know where calisthenics fall in there, is that strength, cardio? lol I have just been focusing on being more active really, I am aiming for 12 miles a week of walk/run/hike, and two body weight workouts, but rest days seem to throw me off, I feel like I need to do something every day to keep my momentum up, but some days I am really sore or just tired...  I would love to find a place to swim nearby, other than the beach (the water is still freezing and gas is expensive!) and I would like to take some dance classes, but for now I am just trying to get to where I am not gasping for breath or injuring myself!

I do Zuzana's workouts from YouTube, along with whatever I feel like. So my routines are never the same, even with weight lifting it's either light or heavy. One of my rules is to not rest more than 7 seconds, then I get not only strength but cardio to! Win win!

Building your lung strength will help with your gasping for breath issue. And reading up on how to prevent injury when starting something new like dance, will help to.

Big WOW on the crunches--nice work! And congrats on the deadlifts, too!

Thanks!

I've gotta make this quick, WAY past my bedtime:

Marine Mission #2.

1. Dead Hangs: 20 sec. x 3, Wide Pushup: 25x3

2. Step-up shrug: 10-15x3, Flutter Kick, Elevated Crunch, Hello Dollies: 50

3. Tricep Press: 10-15x3, Side Crunch, Leg Lift, Reach Crunch: 50

4. Neck Curl: 10x2, Crunches: 50x2

Spec Op Ab workout:

1. Fly My Airplane: 60, 45, 30 sec.  2. Hand to Toes: 60  3. Ranger Crunch: 60  4. X-Sit up: 60  5. Supine Bicycle: 60  6. Hibberty Jibberty: 60  7. Cross Crunch: 60  8. Sky Hop: 60 

9. Lower Ab Crunch: 60  10. Scissor Lift: 60

I would let you know what the obscure exercises are but I'm tired. And I think I killed my abs :hurt: ! Tomorrow I'm going to play with the horses.

I did not get in on the vote until after it was over.....I was occupied at the time I believe with the race stuff.  :pride:

Hope that playing with the horses today will be fun for you and the horses!  If my five year plan comes together, I may need to pick your brain about horses.

Looks like some good work there girl!  Keep at it! :pirate:

• Like 1

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

Awesome workout!

I was out at the farm last night playing with my horses!  Practising roping my horse, he is patient with me until I whack him in the nose or ears one too many times, hahaha.  I am also teaching him to bow, which is going pretty well.  Pony gets gelded on Saturday so hopefully that will take some pep from his step and he will be less of a beast and more of a beauty!

What sort of training  do you do with your horses?  Are you in to the natural horsemanship stuff like Brannaman or Parelli?  English or Western?  

I just finished A Game of Thrones and I am totally hooked and need to find the next one already!   

I am aiming for 12 miles a week of walk/run/hike, and two body weight workouts, but rest days seem to throw me off, I feel like I need to do something every day to keep my momentum up, but some days I am really sore or just tired...  

I LOVE Game of Thrones!!!  Haha I have read them all and am so depressed to have to wait so long for the next one to come out.

You can change your "rest" days to stretch/yoga days.  You don't even have to plan anything if you don't want, just take some time out of your day to practise stretching and becoming more flexible.  There are many fun things to do and the stretching will help your sore muscles!  I know some people around here have sort of "play days" where they just move their body around and play like when they were kids.

LostOne I hope you got some sleep!!!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

I did not get in on the vote until after it was over.....I was occupied at the time I believe with the race stuff.  :pride:

Hope that playing with the horses today will be fun for you and the horses!  If my five year plan comes together, I may need to pick your brain about horses.

Looks like some good work there girl!  Keep at it! :pirate:

It's all good dude ;) !

If you want to own a horse I highly recommend to start learning on handling and riding as early as possible. Trust me, you'll have less "What do I do?!" moments when you do.

Thank you!

Awesome workout!

I was out at the farm last night playing with my horses!  Practising roping my horse, he is patient with me until I whack him in the nose or ears one too many times, hahaha.  I am also teaching him to bow, which is going pretty well.  Pony gets gelded on Saturday so hopefully that will take some pep from his step and he will be less of a beast and more of a beauty!

What sort of training  do you do with your horses?  Are you in to the natural horsemanship stuff like Brannaman or Parelli?  English or Western?  

I LOVE Game of Thrones!!!  Haha I have read them all and am so depressed to have to wait so long for the next one to come out.

You can change your "rest" days to stretch/yoga days.  You don't even have to plan anything if you don't want, just take some time out of your day to practise stretching and becoming more flexible.  There are many fun things to do and the stretching will help your sore muscles!  I know some people around here have sort of "play days" where they just move their body around and play like when they were kids.

LostOne I hope you got some sleep!!!

Eh, the Liberty didn't lose his attitude even when he got snipped. He did lose that pent up energy though!

Natural Horsemanship, old vaquero style. Buck Brannaman, Bill Dorrance, Ray Hunt, Leslie Desmond, and Mike Bridges. I don't really like Parelli, some of his stuff is good but he has to much merchandise in his training. In the books by the trainers I mentioned all you need is a rope halter and/or lariat, open space, and time. I ride vaquero style, and there is a big difference to the western style now. The modern western is more like English and is unsuitable for trails, vaquero is all around.

I love my bed...

Good day!

I got to play with the horses, which means running around the hills with the older ones and chasing the younger ones in the round pen for training. So that was my cardio. And I was practicing my pullups while waiting for the water troughs to fill up, along with trying to do toes to bars. The best part of my day was taking Sabba out and just tying the lead around her neck and just running through the shrubs and cliffs. She just follows me and it helps her mind where her feet go since, I go to where I can go, which are usually rock filled, small trail, and steep hills with cactus. She had fun, was prancing around like she was four!

And I FINALLY cleaned and organized my room! Complete with vacuuming! I even re-arranged the furniture to make room for my workouts, now I have enough room to do two cart-wheels!

I ate yogurt for breakfast, a shake for lunch (no one is eating the fruit and there over ripe), and rosemary chicken with grilled onions, steamed veggies, and quinoa for dinner.

Tomorrow is supposed to be really warm (it's going to hit the 90's in the weekends), so I'm going to be outside training the horses, and playing with Mickey. And then the rest of the day is reading the awesome Ender's Game and drawing, all done outside. I want to get rid of my farmer's tan.

I'm doing the no computer mini-challenge tomorrow, wish me luck!

Sounds like you have a perfect day planned (er, yesterday, I guess). Hope you enjoyed the day unplugged!

It was fun, but then it got reeeeaally quiet... :blink: 

I am really sore today, and I still have Badass workout to come up with...well here is yesterday's workout:

Calisthenics Workout

1. 3 sec. Pushup (count 3 sec. when going down, hold, count 3 going up. I kept switch with different pushups when I couldn't do another without going on my knees, I will never kneel!): 50

2. Plank: 1 minute  3. Slow Motion Leg Raises: 25  4. Wall Handstand: Goal: 1 minute  Time: 43 sec. (I used to be able to hold for two minutes! Sheesh!)  5. Wall March: 50/50  6. Squat Hold (or Chair position in Yoga): 50 sec.  7. Walking Lunge: 50/50  8. Lunge Hold: 50/50 sec.  9. Hollow Rock: 50  10. Backbend walk (inspiration from the Exorcist!): 25 steps WOOT!

And last but not least, a special thanks to I-Jo for giving me the idea...Burpees: 210 (she did 221 but I couldn't make it that far :neglected: )  Time: 39: 14: 79

I've changed my diet to mainly meat and veggies, so I've been cooking more also.

Holy cow, I just googled burpees (I told you I am a little clueless about fitness right?). You did 210 of those suckers???!!!

I bow to your physical powers! You are my hero for today! 

I love the exorcist inspiration! Lol

Elan Ranger, Level 3

Current Challenge

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -Nietzsche

All I did was running today, I was to sore from yesterday's Burpees to do anything.

I'm really upset, my phone finally kicked the bucket! :angry:  I've had that thing for two years and used it for everything...and abused it. I use it for internet, and to play my mp3. Right now I'm using my dad's MiFi, but we have limited data on it, so no more YouTube videos. But my biggest beef is that I no longer have a phone, and I live in the boonies! So I can't go running anymore. Even though I take a dog, knife, and an oak walking stick with a solid brass handle, it's still not enough for my mom I have to have a phone. I'm hoping that my sister or mom will let me borrow theirs now that everyone uses the house phone. Rant done.

Holy cow, I just googled burpees (I told you I am a little clueless about fitness right?). You did 210 of those suckers???!!!

I bow to your physical powers! You are my hero for today! 

I love the exorcist inspiration! Lol

I'm still paying for it today, I'm going to need more beauty rest to get rid of the aches and pains.

LOL, I'm surprised I even did it myself! You should have seen my mom's face when I told her I was on 190!

Hehehe, scared the hell out of my dad, he was raised Catholic and happened to be watching the Exorcist when I "walked" in on him. Man I'm good!

I've been practicing some gymnastic stuff for fun. All thanks to the Ido Portal videos from Steve's last article, how could I not try it?

Tomorrow is rest day, but I want to do some weight training instead, along with relaxing Yoga and stretching. I just hate the feeling I get on Sunday of not doing anything!

Another quick rant: I have to get out of here and into the Marines! I just found out that my twin might be moving in the house just down the street from us, after the baby is born! I can't blame them six people in a two bedroom condo won't be good for a newborn. Plus. my brother in law's family and friends are not always...friendly or on the up and up if you get my meaning. I love my twin, but she brings out the worst in me. Ever since she left I've lost weight, taken better care of the animals, and have gotten on with my life. Plus, I don't like her husband. A guy that sneaks around with my sister and is o.k. with lying to her parents will never be my friend. Rant done.

On another note, I will be registering for the Zombie 5k hopefully by the end of next week! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And any Nerds living in the Southern California are invited to come if they want!

Happy Mother's Day to all Nerd mothers and mothers of Nerds! :angel:

Didn't workout today, but I didn't sit down all day. Had to work on the ranch to make sure the animals stayed cool. A lot of water going around and me sweating to try and make a shade area for the llamas. I think I lost 5 lb. from sweating alone.

My mom just wanted her toenails painted for Mother's Day, and the dishes done. Done and done!

Goal 1: Cut out Carbs and Sugar: So far so good! But I need to change my diet in the next challenge, because I need at least one cheat day in my weeks.

Goal 2: Workout Everyday: Mission successful! Since I'm going to the Run For Your Life race with gibnic I will be running almost everyday on a road that I know is 3+ miles long. I've tried the run keeper apps, but I live in a super rural area that apparently doesn't show on GPS!

Goal 3: 100 Crunches in 2 minutes: I went back down to 90 :( , but that's because I'm focusing on form. My elbows have to touch my knees for it to count when I take the test. And butt gut is making that harder for me to achieve! *points at butt gut* I can destroy you...

Goal 4: Ride or Train Horses 3x a week at least: That's going great, I find myself training my horses rather than my sister's. And I'm good with that, no one will ride the horses once I'm gone so there is no real point in me trying to saddle train green horses by myself.

Goal 5: No T.V. or Video Games: Perfection! Even on Sundays, I don't want to watch t.v.. Some of the shows have become really stupid to me ever since I've stopped watching them. I'm actually happy without something blaring for my attention. Although the video games are another matter...

Next week will be more on endurance and strength. Speed comes later! My New Balances are wearing out unfortunately, all I have left are the Pumas and Vibrams. The Pumas are to heavy and the Vibrams are great for trails, but I keep getting weeds stuck between my toes and sand will get inside when I run through it. New goal, save up money for new shoes. And workout clothes since I don't have any that really fit anymore, WOOT for me but BOO on my budget.

Did a good weightlifting workout, I mainly focused on isometrics and poundage:

Pushdown: 20lb.-20, 40lb.-10, 30lb.-10   Kickback: 25lb.-10/10

Leg Press: 40lb.-20, 70lb.-20, 100lb.-20   Wide Squat: 50lb.-15

Lunges: 10/10lb.-20, 20/20lb.-10, 20/20lb.-12/12    Leg Curl: 40lb.-15/15

Chest Press: 30lb.-20, 40lb.-15, 60lb.-10    Butterfly: 60lb.-10

Single Calf Raise (need to work on balance and ankle strength): 10/10lb.-10/10, N/W-15/15, 20/20lb.-10/10    High Knees: 50

Hammer Curl: 10/10lb.-50/50, 20/20lb.-16/16, 30/30lb.-5/5    Curl: 50lb.-5

Shoulder Press: 10lb.-10, 20lb.-12, 40lb.-6    Upright Row: 60lb.-6

Hyperextension: N/W-15, 20lb.-10, 30lb.-6    Deadlift: 100lb.-10

Decline Crunch: 20lb.-20, 40lb.-20, 30lb.-10    Ab Splitter: 10

I was intending to do 20 Hurpee Burpees that I-Jo created, but it got to hot and I was working my ass off to keep the llamas and horses cool. But it's supposed to be cooler tomorrow so I can do it then, along with running.

Breakfast: Shake: Kale, strawberries, mixed berries (blue, rass, and black), banana, carrot, psyllium husks, flask seeds, cranberry juice, goat milk, and a small mountain of cayenne

Lunch: Steak, and mixed veggies

Dinner: Chicken and lentils

WOOT time! I did a chin up! Next on the list is mastering the other pullup exercises and becoming just as good as the Barstarzz and Bar Brothers.

Trying to catch up.

Looks like you are doing the work.  I expected nothing less, so I am not surprised.  Yes I am very proud of you, but not surprised.

I am not trying to cross any lines or be rude.  But you are an adult, so why does your mother decide if you can run?  Not sure I understand that dynamic.

I am now going to apologize as I have not been participating in our challenge as planned.  I will cover the details in my next update on my thread.

I noticed, since I stopped watching tv, that most shows annoy me now.  I don't know how I watched some of that drivel other than it was an expected behavior.  I was part of the pop culture group that would discuss such mundane things as what happened on a show they watched as if it was real life.  I am happy that my nephew watches no tv, he has no interest.  He would rather be doing something that requires his input.  He does play video games, but that is normally after he has gotten things done for the day.

I would also argue that without good form, the sit ups don't matter, so 90 with good form is great!  You will get to your goal, just keep doing the work.

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

HA HA
I found your thread- I didn't know where you were hiding- and I'm too lazy to click the link at the bottom. 

Inquiring minds want to know how the hurpee burpee went for you!!!

I'm going to do a bear crawl matrix burpee next I think- or the hefty hurpee burpee- I don't know.   I'll let you know at the end of the day. 

I didn't realize you road too- man I need to catch up- I just have one- but I don't do much with him- he is kind of in the "retired pasture puff stage" but more because I'm too busy doing other things rather than he's that old- he's in great shape LOL for an old man ;)  

Your work looks great!!!  I'm so proud of you- plus the getting down one more size!!! WOOT WOOT.

Dude- you could TOTALLY make 8- it just will take a while- I have been between 12-15 for the last however- and I've been buying 8-10 sizes lately... and I'm still clocking in over 160 lbs.  You'd be surprised how tiny you can become- I saw my squat video and almost choked- I was like- who the hell is that and were is my waist!  It'll sneak up on you!!!

and the sit ups- that's a thing.. it's less ab things and more technique... you need to make sure you are breathing- I am trying to remember how I do it- it's backwards from all my other lifts- I think it's in on the way up and out on the way down-  but pick on- in/up out/down or out/up and in/down.

Doesn't matter- as long as you PICK ONE- that will probably get your further with the stupid military crunches than you think.  You can TOTALLY do it!

Wow Lost One! I'm just checking out your challenge for the first time - GREAT JOB! You're really making progress and you should be freaking proud of yourself! You're goals are brutal and you seem to be kickin ass and taking names anyway! I'm a twin too - so I do understand the crazy dynamic that comes with having a genetic copy laying around :D Sometimes its a struggle but I've learned you just need to be you no matter what - you'll never agree on everything!

Rooting for you!

Goddess Scout Level 5

STR: 11 | DEX: 3 | CON: 13 | STA: 8 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 10

All it takes for evil to triumph in this world is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

"Make yourself happy without hurting others, then help others to be happy without hurting yourself.

The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. ~Bertrand Russell

Previous Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Talia's Quest to run the TC Marathon v2.0

Run Tracking

Trying to catch up.

Looks like you are doing the work.  I expected nothing less, so I am not surprised.  Yes I am very proud of you, but not surprised.

I am not trying to cross any lines or be rude.  But you are an adult, so why does your mother decide if you can run?  Not sure I understand that dynamic.

I am now going to apologize as I have not been participating in our challenge as planned.  I will cover the details in my next update on my thread.

I noticed, since I stopped watching tv, that most shows annoy me now.  I don't know how I watched some of that drivel other than it was an expected behavior.  I was part of the pop culture group that would discuss such mundane things as what happened on a show they watched as if it was real life.  I am happy that my nephew watches no tv, he has no interest.  He would rather be doing something that requires his input.  He does play video games, but that is normally after he has gotten things done for the day.

I would also argue that without good form, the sit ups don't matter, so 90 with good form is great!  You will get to your goal, just keep doing the work.

Aaaaw! Thanks!

The whole, "I'm 22, not a child anymore!" doesn't work on my mother. To her, I'm living in HER house so I need to abide by HER rules, and that includes carrying a phone with me at all times. I would argue with her on the subject but she is like a put bull with arguments, she can go on and on, wear you down to the point where you'll just agree with her in the end. I've survived living with her for 22 years, I know for sure I can survive Marine D.I. they have nothing on my mother!

Don't worry about it dude!

Your nephew doesn't watch a t.v.? Wow that's rare these days!

Totally agree! Feels more intense when I do it right.

HA HA

I found your thread- I didn't know where you were hiding- and I'm too lazy to click the link at the bottom. 

Inquiring minds want to know how the hurpee burpee went for you!!!

I'm going to do a bear crawl matrix burpee next I think- or the hefty hurpee burpee- I don't know.   I'll let you know at the end of the day. 

I didn't realize you road too- man I need to catch up- I just have one- but I don't do much with him- he is kind of in the "retired pasture puff stage" but more because I'm too busy doing other things rather than he's that old- he's in great shape LOL for an old man ;)

Your work looks great!!!  I'm so proud of you- plus the getting down one more size!!! WOOT WOOT.

Dude- you could TOTALLY make 8- it just will take a while- I have been between 12-15 for the last however- and I've been buying 8-10 sizes lately... and I'm still clocking in over 160 lbs.  You'd be surprised how tiny you can become- I saw my squat video and almost choked- I was like- who the hell is that and were is my waist!  It'll sneak up on you!!!

and the sit ups- that's a thing.. it's less ab things and more technique... you need to make sure you are breathing- I am trying to remember how I do it- it's backwards from all my other lifts- I think it's in on the way up and out on the way down-  but pick on- in/up out/down or out/up and in/down.

Doesn't matter- as long as you PICK ONE- that will probably get your further with the stupid military crunches than you think.  You can TOTALLY do it!

My thread is like me...a ninja, always hiding and lurking :ph34r: 

They were freakin awesome!!

I totally want to see that! But you know, when your shoulder gets better

LOL, my TW is an old man to, and my baby :tickled_pink: . I'm hoping that losing weight will allow him to carry me again, I miss riding my Cadillac!

It did totally sneak up on me, I just thought I might just try it on and they fit! Hey, WOOT to you to for going down in the sizes to!

Thanks for the breathing advice, I'm going to try it later!

Wow Lost One! I'm just checking out your challenge for the first time - GREAT JOB! You're really making progress and you should be freaking proud of yourself! You're goals are brutal and you seem to be kickin ass and taking names anyway! I'm a twin too - so I do understand the crazy dynamic that comes with having a genetic copy laying around :D Sometimes its a struggle but I've learned you just need to be you no matter what - you'll never agree on everything!

Rooting for you!

WOOHOO! Another twin! And yes I don't agree on everything with her. But that's mainly she is like my mom, stubborn and doesn't like it when somebody tells her she's wrong. I'm more like my dad who is the complete opposite of my mom.

My workout:

I-Jo's Herpee Burpees (here's the video on how to do them! http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/27554-chasing-the-white-rabbit/page-5)

Goal: 20   Time: 16:18:46

Z-Cut #2   10 minutes  Rounds: 3

1. Lateral Jump Burpee: 10    2. Mule Kicks: 10    3. Crab Toe Touch: 20    4. Ab Splitter: 10

1-mile run: 28:14:64 (Mom helped my with my breathing technique and I found a better trail so I don't have to try and run up the big hill in order to get home ^_^ )

Hehehe, I  pestered my mom into going for another walk :victorious: ! She didn't want to go as far as we did before, so I suggested just heading to our neighbor's yard. We got off to a good start and I kept her chatting, pretty soon she asked, "Hey where is Debbie's land?" (that's our neighbor BTW) I told her, "Way back there!" :playful:  I may have gotten the Mom Glare, but she made it! And I pushed her to make it up the hill this time, and she did :applouse: !

Change of plans, the shopping trip is actually tomorrow. Soooo, BruteSquad...mind making me a 12-15 minute HIIT I can do outside? I can take a sandbag, my dumbbells, and I have the bar down there so go crazy!

Night all! :moon: 

^^

good look.  Looks like a great matrix.  I <3 arnold presses- my favorite db move- I get to talk like him and check out my arms in the mirror.  It's just so fucking bad ass and awesome :D

So no bear crawl dead lifts or heafty hurpee burpees- I just did single arm squat thrusters to try to keep up with the burpee challenge- that will have to do for now.    I'll hit you up with a new thing next week I guess depending on the shoulder. 

is this right??

1-mile run: 28:14:64

your burpee challenge numbers have been pretty decent coming in at under 15 min.  Those numbers seem be to be odd to me- you sure you are n't faster or did a goofy : misplacement??

You're killing it- can't wait to see your reps for this workout!!!

BruteSquad's HIIT of DEATH!! (or doom, but that sounds like Invader Zim "Prepare for some doom!", heh that sounds good actually!)   Thank you BruteSquad!!! :livid:    40lb. sandbag, 20/20lb dumbbell

1. Arnold Press (never tried them, but now I love!): 12, 15    2. Lunges w/ sandbag (2-count): 6, 7    3. Sumo Squat w/ sandbag(2-count): 8, 8

4. Broad Jump Burpee: 6, 7    5. Bent Row w/ dumbbell: 20, 25    6. Bicycle Sit-up (2-count): 20, 25

^^

good look.  Looks like a great matrix.  I <3 arnold presses- my favorite db move- I get to talk like him and check out my arms in the mirror.  It's just so fucking bad ass and awesome :D

So no bear crawl dead lifts or heafty hurpee burpees- I just did single arm squat thrusters to try to keep up with the burpee challenge- that will have to do for now.    I'll hit you up with a new thing next week I guess depending on the shoulder. 

is this right??

1-mile run: 28:14:64

your burpee challenge numbers have been pretty decent coming in at under 15 min.  Those numbers seem be to be odd to me- you sure you are n't faster or did a goofy : misplacement??

You're killing it- can't wait to see your reps for this workout!!!

I can't wait! I bet that will be the burpee to rival all burpees!

No it's not wrong, I just have a lot of hills, sand, and brush to get through. And that really kills my time and my stamina. If I had just a strait track with just some shallow hills I would most likely take 10+ minutes off that time. But it's all I have and since my 5k is in San Bernardino in the desert, this will better prepare me.

Gotta say, nothing like the Wal-Mart dressing room mirror and poor lighting to motivate me into keep going :nonchalance:

I pulled my hip when I tried sprinting yesterday, it's not bad just sore. I found out that it was due to poor technique, so I've been looking up videos on football player drills and sprinting techniques. I'll try them out next week and see how it goes.

Tomorrow will be busy, both my parents offered to give me money if I do some stuff around the house. That will go towards the registration for the race.

I think I will be ready to do my Badass workout Saturday this time, I'm really exited to do it again. Any ideas are welcomed!

BTW Ender's Game, :lol:  only halfway through and it still hasn't lost my interest!

Aaaaw! Thanks!

The whole, "I'm 22, not a child anymore!" doesn't work on my mother. To her, I'm living in HER house so I need to abide by HER rules, and that includes carrying a phone with me at all times. I would argue with her on the subject but she is like a put bull with arguments, she can go on and on, wear you down to the point where you'll just agree with her in the end. I've survived living with her for 22 years, I know for sure I can survive Marine D.I. they have nothing on my mother!

Don't worry about it dude!

Your nephew doesn't watch a t.v.? Wow that's rare these days!

Totally agree! Feels more intense when I do it right.

My thread is like me...a ninja, always hiding and lurking :ph34r: 

They were freakin awesome!!

I totally want to see that! But you know, when your shoulder gets better

LOL, my TW is an old man to, and my baby :tickled_pink: . I'm hoping that losing weight will allow him to carry me again, I miss riding my Cadillac!

It did totally sneak up on me, I just thought I might just try it on and they fit! Hey, WOOT to you to for going down in the sizes to!

Thanks for the breathing advice, I'm going to try it later!

WOOHOO! Another twin! And yes I don't agree on everything with her. But that's mainly she is like my mom, stubborn and doesn't like it when somebody tells her she's wrong. I'm more like my dad who is the complete opposite of my mom.

My workout:

I-Jo's Herpee Burpees (here's the video on how to do them! http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/27554-chasing-the-white-rabbit/page-5)

Goal: 20   Time: 16:18:46

Z-Cut #2   10 minutes  Rounds: 3

1. Lateral Jump Burpee: 10    2. Mule Kicks: 10    3. Crab Toe Touch: 20    4. Ab Splitter: 10

1-mile run: 28:14:64 (Mom helped my with my breathing technique and I found a better trail so I don't have to try and run up the big hill in order to get home ^_^ )

Hehehe, I  pestered my mom into going for another walk :victorious: ! She didn't want to go as far as we did before, so I suggested just heading to our neighbor's yard. We got off to a good start and I kept her chatting, pretty soon she asked, "Hey where is Debbie's land?" (that's our neighbor BTW) I told her, "Way back there!" :playful:  I may have gotten the Mom Glare, but she made it! And I pushed her to make it up the hill this time, and she did :applouse: !

Change of plans, the shopping trip is actually tomorrow. Soooo, BruteSquad...mind making me a 12-15 minute HIIT I can do outside? I can take a sandbag, my dumbbells, and I have the bar down there so go crazy!

Night all! :moon: 

I need to take your workout...

that's so great that your mom is walking with you!!!

Gotta say, nothing like the Wal-Mart dressing room mirror and poor lighting to motivate me into keep going :nonchalance:

I pulled my hip when I tried sprinting yesterday, it's not bad just sore. I found out that it was due to poor technique, so I've been looking up videos on football player drills and sprinting techniques. I'll try them out next week and see how it goes.

Tomorrow will be busy, both my parents offered to give me money if I do some stuff around the house. That will go towards the registration for the race.

I think I will be ready to do my Badass workout Saturday this time, I'm really exited to do it again. Any ideas are welcomed!

BTW Ender's Game, :lol:  only halfway through and it still hasn't lost my interest!

I feel you on the wal mart dressing rooms! I was in there trying on some bathing suit bottoms the other day and yikes! 

I will be registering for the race in the next few days... hubby gets paid on the 20th so that will be the worst case scenario =) 

I love your workouts! I hope I can get to the point where I can do this stuff! Keep it up! 

Elan Ranger, Level 3

Current Challenge

I need to take your workout...

that's so great that your mom is walking with you!!!

Have fun, and via con dios!

It is, and she has noticed an increase in blood flow in her legs already! She has a big problem with circulation in her legs, if she sits to long they swell up.

Nice work!  I was looking forward to seeing how you did.  Pretty impressive.

*Bows* Thank you, thank you

I feel you on the wal mart dressing rooms! I was in there trying on some bathing suit bottoms the other day and yikes! 

I will be registering for the race in the next few days... hubby gets paid on the 20th so that will be the worst case scenario =) 

I love your workouts! I hope I can get to the point where I can do this stuff! Keep it up! 

For me it was more like, Aiyiyi!

Oh! Almost forgot, what time do you think we should go for? There's the 8 or 8:30 a.m., and I looked up the location and guess what? I used to live there! So if I stay with my friends it's just a really short drive away! Plus I wouldn't have to make the three hour drive right away, I could stay and hang out, what do you think? Oh! And it's $10 parking fee, it's recommended to carpool.

You can, just give it try and see if you like it! Shred it like a BEAST!!

Just went for a nice hike today with the dogs, and just worked personal bubble space with the green horse.

I didn't even work on the stuff I was going to get paid for, but I have a good reason! Most of the stuff on the list came from my dad who's in Mexico right now on business. He was a little vague on what he wanted done...or where to put it :nonchalance: . He's coming home tomorrow so I'll ask then.

Tomorrow is the Badass workout, because my dad won't want to start working on the list until Saturday. Might as well workout like I was possessed Friday, work for pay Saturday, and then konk out Sunday. Nice thing about passing out on Sunday is I will have an excuse not talk with my nana! But she'll most likely find a way to have "Conversations" about going back to college, how the Marines are not the way to go for life, why I don't have a boyfriend when my twin is already married with a baby on the way, or my favorite why I should live with her and get a job and not waste my life away.

I'm actually looking forward to her coming over actually ^_^ ! Because of what you told me in my last challenge BruteSquad, it's my life and ultimately my decision! And I have already made my choice :pride: . Plus I'm wondering if she will give me the $100 now that I've lost weight! She made a deal with my sister, for every 10lb. lost she would get $100, you'd think that would've motivated her.

Going to be raining sweat tomorrow!!

Fav quote now: Suck it up, so one day you won't have to suck it in.

I'm going to make this short:

No Badass workout, my broken tooth started hurting again so a good night sleep never happened. I took a nap Friday at 11:45 and asked my mom to wake me up 30 min. later, she woke me up at 5:30! And then today I found out my sister was coming over (no one tells me nothin!) so cleaning the house had to happen, and my to do list couldn't. I've been having to settle for light walking and Yoga. I'm starting to miss breaking a sweat and stopping for a second to catch my breath.

Sunday will be for planning, time to make this last Challenge week Badass!

Some days its all about the diet man. I had a day like this yesterday, my plan kept getting pushed back until before I knew it, it was bedtime and I just can't bring myself to work out at 11 pm. Some days we just have to be satisfied that we are thinking along the right lines to achieve our goals and some days we have to put our immediate needs first. Clean house, help others, trust "god" (whatever that means to you.. if anything at all). And sometimes our bodies need a good four hour nap, especially if we are experiencing pain or discomfort of some sort. 

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday... Planning is a good idea for tomorrow, I'm there! Get a good nights sleep and don;t let life set you back. Tomorrow is a new day, get to work!

Elan Ranger, Level 3

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines