LostOne1775 Challenge the Second!!

Ba'sini'on

Some days its all about the diet man. I had a day like this yesterday, my plan kept getting pushed back until before I knew it, it was bedtime and I just can't bring myself to work out at 11 pm. Some days we just have to be satisfied that we are thinking along the right lines to achieve our goals and some days we have to put our immediate needs first. Clean house, help others, trust "god" (whatever that means to you.. if anything at all). And sometimes our bodies need a good four hour nap, especially if we are experiencing pain or discomfort of some sort. 

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday... Planning is a good idea for tomorrow, I'm there! Get a good nights sleep and don;t let life set you back. Tomorrow is a new day, get to work!

To true, and my diet has been good lately even after today with all the crap that was served after dinner. And my jobs everyday is to get my chores, clean my room, and helping my family whenever they need it. I admit I haven't been trusting in God as much as I should have, it doesn't help that I haven't opened my Bible in a while. But I want to change that, especially since I finished everything that needed to be done today!

Gotta admit, the nap did feel nice :) 

Ma'am, yes ma'am!

Goal 1: Cut out Carbs and Sugar: Almost had a few slip ups with the sugar, it doesn't help when family buys a white chocolate cheesecake with raspberry and white chocolate shavings all over...so pretty :wub: ! But I just brushed my teeth and focused on fixing some computer issues.

Goal 2: Workout Everyday Except Sunday: I could have done better this week, my biggest problem is following through with my schedule. I just need to buckle down and get it done, even if I don't feel like it.

Goal 3: 100 Crunches in 2 minutes: Couldn't do it this Sunday, had to clean EVERYTHING since my nana was coming over. It's amazing how flustered my mother gets when her mother comes over.

Goal 4: Ride and Train Horses 3x a week: So far so good, but I haven't done any extensive groundwork with the green horse like I should. I just like playing with my horses more!

Goal 5: No t.v. or video games until Sunday: Get's easier every week! But I want to finish some of my games before my new one comes out next month. That will be a new personal goal of mine after the challenge.

One more week and then it's all over! 

You've been making great progress, despite the interruptions! 

Thank you!!

Today was pretty good, not as good as wanted it but at least I got my cleaning done.

Workout:

Leg Raises: 25   Jump Squat: 30    Burpee: 20  x2

Sprint 100m. 2x

Breakfast: Steak and steamed veggies   Lunch: Organic bar, and 3 eggs   Dinner: Beans, rice, 1 flour tortilla, carne asada and chicken

That's all I've got! Pretty boring today just finishing my wash and cleaning. Tomorrow I will be washing the horses and taking the a ASVAB test online.

YAY for ASVAB- it's not so scary- I'm sure you'll do fine!!!!

30 jump squats and 40 burpees- NICE :D

Tests always scare me <_< , I've never done very well with tests.

My muscles beg to differ, but it was NICE!

ASVAB - A Sudden Viscous Aberrant Badger?

Great job on the jump squats and Burpees!  Your breakfast sounds delicious. 

Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, but I like yours better :playful:

It sure was delicious!

Getting laundry done is exciting for me.  I got most of mine done.....but tonight I get to see if I can fix the dryer....ummmm Yay?

Laundry is pretty exciting for me to, mainly because I have to few clothes and have to wash almost twice a week. But I can't imagine not having a dryer!

I didn't get to wash the horses like I wanted. It was sunny but to windy so dirt was flying everywhere. And although I let them roll right after washing, I'd prefer it was after they were cleaned not during.

All I did for a workout was handstand work, Quadra pedal movement, and seeing how far I could get with my stretching I remembered from gymnastics. That lasted for an hour and a half so not to bad. I got further in my backbend walks but I need to remember to breathe! It's kind of hard to move in a strange way and breathe at the same time.

Not much as far as meals today, I kind of grazed around because I wasn't hungry. Until dinner that is, my sister made pizza! And she makes the best pizza I have ever tasted! I ended up having three slices :neglected: , but it was delicious :redface: !

Okay my ASVAB score was *drumroll* 51.11 % I need at least 50% in order to pass. Still it's not good enough, I want to get a perfect score. I failed the Math, Science, Shop and Mechanics, and Electronics. But surpassed Paragraph Comprehension, Word Knowledge, and Biology. However the job I want is Combat Engineer, I would be the jack of all trades making runways, training areas, demolition, etc. Learning construction, and carpentry is part of it and I have always wanted to learn those. But I need to pass at least Electrons, Shop and Mechanics, and I already passed Paragraph Comprehension so no worries there.

So back to studying!

I can assist you in electronics if you want to drop me a message about what you need to know I can point you in the right direction.  I learned electronics in the Navy....you know, the military force that OWNS the Marines....... :pirate:

But seriously let me know how I can help.  I also know a bit about math and science...and mechanics.....and shop....and.....everything.

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

Great to see how well you are doing. Keep it up for a strong finish. And I am glad that you are still enjoying Ender's Game. Still one of my favorite series.

Lv. 4 Mandalorian Sith Ranger

STR: 11/DEX: 3/CON: 8/STA: 13/WIS: 12/CHA: 4.5

(I): Fire Flower, Nifty Birthday Party Hat, Raccoon Suit of Creativity

Challenge_1, 23, Current

"Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation."

http://newportmissions.blogspot.com/

From an old Marine to a future one I wish the best of luck. That all or nothing determination will take you far. Go get it Teufel Hunden! SemperFi!

Thank you! I've never had someone call me Devil Dog before, makes me almost feel like a Marine already! Semper FI!

I can assist you in electronics if you want to drop me a message about what you need to know I can point you in the right direction.  I learned electronics in the Navy....you know, the military force that OWNS the Marines....... :pirate:

But seriously let me know how I can help.  I also know a bit about math and science...and mechanics.....and shop....and.....everything.

Thank you for the offer!

Yeah I know about the Navy being to girly, so they pleaded with the Marines to teach them how to be men. And the ever helpful Marines did just that.

Great to see how well you are doing. Keep it up for a strong finish. And I am glad that you are still enjoying Ender's Game. Still one of my favorite series.

I'm almost finished BTW, which one should I read next in the series?

My workout was just a good walk/run around the property, for some reason I feel sick. I had a good quick workout today, but I only could do half of it. My meals were very light to, Green shake, Ono patty with tomato, brown mustard, and wrapped with romaine lettuce, and tomato soup.

I have a plan for tomorrow but I won't be updating for at least two days or very late at night. I need to experiment with my schedule and avoiding distraction that take me away from studying. Mainly just holing myself up in my room and keeping my nose stuck in my books.

Signing off, it's way past my bedtime :moon: 

Read the Ender series in order.  It works really well that way.  Some will try to mislead you into reading one or two out of order, DON"T DO IT!

And actually, the Navy was full of very intelligent individuals that realized they could create a landing force that was more or less a pack of pit bulls.  Feed them, point them in the right direction, pick them up when they are done breaking stuff.

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

Here is the order of the series':

Xeno series - Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind, and Ender in Exile.

Shadow series - Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets, Shadow of the Giant, and Shadow in Flight.

I would highly recommend reading Ender's Shadow next because it gives you another perspective on the same story. And Card does an excellent job not making it feel repetitive even though it is the same story. After that, pick a series and read through it. I prefer the Shadow series, personally. The Shadow series follows Bean and deals with the politics of Earth in the aftermath of Ender's Game. The Xeno series follows Ender as he heads to the stars and deals more in philosophy and the 'Piggies'. Both are excellent reads, but I really enjoy reading other people's politics. It just depends on what sounds better to you. Either way, if you loved Ender's Game, you'll love both. Definitely let me know what you thought once you finished.

Challenge_1, 23, Current

"Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation."

Read the Ender series in order.  It works really well that way.  Some will try to mislead you into reading one or two out of order, DON"T DO IT!

And actually, the Navy was full of very intelligent individuals that realized they could create a landing force that was more or less a pack of pit bulls.  Feed them, point them in the right direction, pick them up when they are done breaking stuff.

Not pit bulls, Devil Dogs :devilish: ! First ones in and the last ones out, air, land, or sea the pack will go wherever they are needed! All the while obliterating the enemy which does include breaking stuff.

Also, marines have been around since the Second Hundred Years' War in 1689. What makes the Marines so special is that they were the first to have the United States in their name, otherwise they were known as the Continental Marines who were part of the Continental Navy.

Here is the order of the series':

Xeno series - Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind, and Ender in Exile.

Shadow series - Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets, Shadow of the Giant, and Shadow in Flight.

I would highly recommend reading Ender's Shadow next because it gives you another perspective on the same story. And Card does an excellent job not making it feel repetitive even though it is the same story. After that, pick a series and read through it. I prefer the Shadow series, personally. The Shadow series follows Bean and deals with the politics of Earth in the aftermath of Ender's Game. The Xeno series follows Ender as he heads to the stars and deals more in philosophy and the 'Piggies'. Both are excellent reads, but I really enjoy reading other people's politics. It just depends on what sounds better to you. Either way, if you loved Ender's Game, you'll love both. Definitely let me know what you thought once you finished.

I really liked Bean, so I would be interested in reading more about him. But since I have never really like sci-fi until now, I think I should just do it in order so I won't get confused. But thanks for the advice! Are you going to see the Ender's Game movie?

OK, I have been slacking a lot this week. I haven't stopped working out, nor training the horses but I haven't done any hardcore workouts. And it's starting to take a toll, My chin ups are getting harder, plus it hasn't helped that I have neglected eating veggies. But that will change...once my parents get back that is :redface:! Right now I have the house along with my sister, and the neighbor's kid. My parents are at Las Vegas with said neighbors! PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRTY!!

I got a new phone! It's a Droid Razr Maxx, so pretty! As soon as I get my Otter case I won't have an excuse not to run.

Today I got my phone activated, worked out this morning and outside:

Jump Squat: 30  Pushup: 25  Walking Lunge: 20/20   Military Pushups: 25   Leg Raise: 50   Superman: 50   2x

Hanging Leg Raise: 50   Dead Hang: 20 sec.   Sprint: 100m.   2x

Won't post tomorrow, but I will post Monday along with pictures!

Night all!! :moon:

I don't blame you for starting at the beginning. Normally, I would always recommend that. The only reason I didn't this time was that, when I read the series, I had Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow at home, they were my brothers, so I read Shadow right after and enjoyed it that way. I hope you enjoy the rest of the series, though. How'd you do?

Challenge_1, 23, Current

Sorry for the lack of updating, been sick and dealing with my broken tooth. Thank God I have a dentist appointment...in 2 weeks. So I haven't worked out at all, but my diet has been good since gibnic and I are on a cleanse! Still, I was surprised to see how fast my muscle definition came and went so I won't be posting after pictures, butt gut came back with a vengeance.

Goal 1: Cut Out Carbs and Sugar: B: Only slipped up twice with sugar, other than that I was good!

Goal 2: Workout Everyday Except Sunday: A: No slip ups! I actually enjoyed it!

Goal 3: 100 Crunches in 2 Minutes: B+: Only made it to 98 :( , needs more work. But I'm actually happy with the number, I'll try it again sometime in the next challenge.

Goal 4: Ride and Train my horses 3x a Week: A: Actually enjoyed spending time with them! But I will have to slack off just a bit since it's getting hotter here.

Goal 5: No t.v. or Video Games till Sunday: A: I'm actually still on it! It's now a habit not to watch the t.v. I'm happy to say.

Thank you all for your support! I'm still trying to figure out what my next goals are, after reading Steve's article I've surmised that my number one goal will be to lose weight. Then will come strength and endurance. But I will still work on my running for the upcoming 5k!

BTW finished Ender's Game and AWESOOME!!! Will be definitely getting the next one!

Oh wow, you did awesome! And you're so close to your crunch goal. 98 is within reasonable margin of 100. I'm betting you're just one or two workouts away from reaching the even hundred!

And you got an awesome habit out of the challenge too. No TV/Video Games on weekdays is something I wish I could implement >_< Will see you next challenge, and hopefully will be a better at cheering you on this time. Your comments on my thread really helped me along, thank you for that too :)

Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

STR:2 DEX:3 STA:1 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:2

Return of the Tabris: Chapter 3

Battle Logs

Have faith, you're not a moron. - John Brown

Awesome job. That's great. Ender's Game had an amazing end. Definitely a good choice to get in to sci fi with. Can't wait to see how things go for the next challenge.

Challenge_1, 23, Current

Finally getting a chance to read the challenge end reports. You did amazing, LostOne! 98 crunches that fast makes my tummy hurt just thinking about it! Congratulations, and also thanks for the support on my goals, too. I'm off to find your new challenge thread. 

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines