• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlackWidowEowyn

BlackWidowEowyn keeps moving forward

Yay for NF and the Rebellion for helping me see the value in working through the whole process. Giving the work time to show. Working at something long enough to see results.

Yay for NF!!  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:

Great realizations!! I look forward to seeing you finish out the challenge strong :D

Yee haw... I think I figured out what has made this whole challenge seem like I haven't done anything. It's been about just sticking to it. Not something I have historically been very good at... it takes too much patience. (Ain't nobody got time for that... ;) ) If something doesn't happen that is semi miraculous in the first two weeks, I'm apt to throw up my hands and start making excuses...

Yay for NF and the Rebellion for helping me see the value in working through the whole process. Giving the work time to show. Working at something long enough to see results.

I was adding up my numbers today to see how close I am to reaching my pistol and HSPU goals.. and what do you know I hit 180 minutes today for pistol work... So I guess I'm not as far behind as I thought. :) I still have some time to make up for the HSPU, but I have several days left. Shouldn't be a problem

so

Yay for plugging along :)

I am noticing a difference with the pistols too.. I have better ankle flexibility so the depth is not an issue any more, and i need much less assistance to stand back up :) yay again

Not so much  noticeable improvement on the HSPU score, but I can maintain a hold with more stability (still need a wall, but I can be off it for longer) and I can shift from hand to hand now without falling over. I need to spend more time on these

Flossing is going right along (didn't miss any days this week), and getting up... well its easier if I actually go to bed at a reasonable hour (shocking I know)

Hope you all have a great last week! :)

Rock on, BW. I hear you on the sticking to it. I was telling someone today that is one of the hardest things. Keep up the good work.

Yee haw... I think I figured out what has made this whole challenge seem like I haven't done anything. It's been about just sticking to it. Not something I have historically been very good at... it takes too much patience. (Ain't nobody got time for that... ;) ) If something doesn't happen that is semi miraculous in the first two weeks, I'm apt to throw up my hands and start making excuses...

I was adding up my numbers today to see how close I am to reaching my pistol and HSPU goals.. and what do you know I hit 180 minutes today for pistol work... So I guess I'm not as far behind as I thought. :) I still have some time to make up for the HSPU, but I have several days left. Shouldn't be a problem

so

Yay for plugging along :)

I am noticing a difference with the pistols too.. I have better ankle flexibility so the depth is not an issue any more, and i need much less assistance to stand back up :) yay again

Not so much  noticeable improvement on the HSPU score, but I can maintain a hold with more stability (still need a wall, but I can be off it for longer) and I can shift from hand to hand now without falling over. I need to spend more time on these

Flossing is going right along (didn't miss any days this week), and getting up... well its easier if I actually go to bed at a reasonable hour (shocking I know)

Hope you all have a great last week! :)

Absolutely fantastic!!! :D Well done for sticking with it!! :D

SO I guess it's a bit past time to update..

Kinda busy weekend :) but super great!

Hope everyone's was as good!

I just have to say this first :) I did a workout called "Murph" today - anyone familiar with CrossFit will recognize this one... Every memorial day we honor fallen heroes by sacrificing our sweat and sometimes blood (often tears too :) ) If you want to know the story behind this one check out anything connected with "the Lone Survivor" Sgt Murphy is (one of) the hero(es).

ANyway... this is the workout (you are supposed to wear a 20 lb vest or body armor, but I have not the strength for that yet ... YET)

Run 1 mile

then 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats

then Run 1 mile

and today

I cut 6 minutes off my time :D finished in 49:23. Also my first mile was within seconds of being a pr... yay me :)

so that made for a pretty good day.

back to business

to sum up:

HSPU - all 250 minutes in.. whew! that was worse than I was anticipating, but worth it as I am beginning to see some real progress. I am aware now though that I still have a ways to go before these are on my "checked off" list. But putting in the time is the only way I will be getting them... so

GRADE - A for that one STA +2, DEX +2, DEX +1

Pistols -180 minutes - check. This one was not as bad, maybe because it was less time, but I'm also closer to actually getting these. Might be why I enjoyed it more... i don't like failing repeatedly.. (huh.. weird)

GRADE - A for that one too STR +2, DEX +2

flossing -  definitely made this one a habit ... I missed a few days here and there, but the point was to make it a habit.. so check! :)

GRADE -  B   because it wasn't a perfect score... too many misses WIS + .75, CON +1

getting up moving - This one is almost a gimme, because of my workout schedule. THere are really only a couple mornings a week I don't workout at 6. It became a good time for stretching/ yoga/ mobility which is VERY good for me (I tend to kinda slack off at that part)

GRADE - A CON +2, CHA +2

I've always wanted to buy one of these and then do Murph.  Forgot this year.  Next, I guess!

Good job on the challenge (and the time!).

Have you done Murph? I feel like you would totally crush it! 

and Thanks :)

That is one insane workout!!! Well done on your time (and even on simply being able to complete it!!!) :D

And wow! You really have done amazing this challenge again! Super congrats!! :D

thanks Chris! :) 

Very well done! Completely beat me for grade average! And almost got straigth As. You're doing really awesome! :)

I hope you can keep it up for the next challenge, looking forward to reading your new goals! 

Nice job:)  Good consistency and good effort.  Chaossins rule!

Thanks man. For the heresy!

Not yet!  You'll have to remind me next year! :)

Its a deal! 

Very well done! Completely beat me for grade average! And almost got straigth As. You're doing really awesome! :)

I hope you can keep it up for the next challenge, looking forward to reading your new goals! 

THank you very much.... I don't know what the next step is going to be. Need to think about that one a bit this week