• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlackWidowEowyn

BlackWidowEowyn keeps moving forward

Update cha'

1 & 2 -HSPU and Pistols... made up time missed from last week and finished this weeks as well.... It really helps when the WOD includes both more than once a week :D (and I have the sore muscle to prove it too ;) love that feeling!)

3- up and at em - this has become a stretching/mobility/yoga time (probably a lot because of the mini challenge) which I think is a very good thing considering that i probably don't spend enough time doing that on a regular basis.

4- Flossing -  I missed a couple days this week (shame shame) I forgot.. but that's just an excuse. docking to a C grade for the week

onward and forward to another great week :)

Awesome update!! Onward and forward indeed ;)

Great week!  I've got the flossing pretty much down at this point, but I had to add a sticky note to the bathroom mirror for my left hand teeth brushing goal.  It was getting left behind. :)

Wolverine:  "It was getting left behind."  You had to go there!  Don't worry, with your sticky reminder you'll get right on track.  Ouch, I went there too!  Some things are just wrong:)

Wolverine:  "It was getting left behind."  You had to go there!  Don't worry, with your sticky reminder you'll get right on track.  Ouch, I went there too!  Some things are just wrong:)

:D

:D

UGH!  :rolleyes:

BWE, I'm always impressed at how you just "go out and do" your goals.  Nice job:)

THanks... maybe I need to up the ante a bit, these goals don't seem like they are pushing me over much... might need to reevaluate for next time

Wow, you are really kicking butt. Makes me feel like I need to step it up now. Thanks for the extra motivation.

:) aw thanks! 

Great week! I hope you can continue to improve over the next couple weeks :)

Muscle soreness from working out really is the best kind of soreness!

I hope so too! Just following your awesome improvements, trying to keep up with you...

I'm all about upping the ante.  If you feel like you're hanging out in your comfort zone, by all means go nuts and push the limits.  Isn't that what its all about:)  Chaossins, making the paradigm beg for mercy since, like two weeks ago:)

I'm all about upping the ante.  If you feel like you're hanging out in your comfort zone, by all means go nuts and push the limits.  Isn't that what its all about:)  Chaossins, making the paradigm beg for mercy since, like two weeks ago:)

A long, proud history...

It's true. mixing it up is what we do best... and there would be a long proud history, but no one ever bothers to chronicle it Wolvie ;)

And speaking of chronicling...

We're trudging along... forward progress is still being made but it seem like a loooooooong slllooooooooooww process

Mornings were all good... these mobility WOD things have been great for my "first-thing" thing

I only forgot to floss once ( i'm giving myself a pass because I didn't get home until 3 am that night)

did the weekly work towards both pistols and HSPUs

THis is were I need to learn to be patient with the process. I am getting better and stronger... that after all WAS the idea behind these goals -get some good solid work in. It's just not as exciting as PR'ing...

but I KNOW in order to have the end result I gotta go through the actual work to get there!

SO I'm telling myself to quit whining and SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP

keep working we're half way through

:)

Great job. I've been practicing that mobility squat since you showed us that site. I can't do it for longer than about 3 or 4 minutes, but I am working at it a few times a week now.

And speaking of chronicling...

We're trudging along... forward progress is still being made but it seem like a loooooooong slllooooooooooww process

Mornings were all good... these mobility WOD things have been great for my "first-thing" thing

I only forgot to floss once ( i'm giving myself a pass because I didn't get home until 3 am that night)

did the weekly work towards both pistols and HSPUs

THis is were I need to learn to be patient with the process. I am getting better and stronger... that after all WAS the idea behind these goals -get some good solid work in. It's just not as exciting as PR'ing...

but I KNOW in order to have the end result I gotta go through the actual work to get there!

SO I'm telling myself to quit whining and SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP

keep working we're half way through

:)

Sounds like very solid progress to me!! (now I have the song "Build me up Buttercup" in my head. I'm not sure whether to hug you or hurt you :P)

Thanks guys!

This week was a little less than inspiring...

Morning stuff was all good. I actually worked out at 6 most of the week :) I love it when I can do that. I feel so good all day after

Flossing I forgot 3 times (twice because I went to bed at 3... I don't do that often, some special circumstances this week...) but still not a good reason so C-

HSPU and pistols I got about 1/2 the time in... I will leave this grade pending until the end of this week. If I make up the time then I can still get an A

Feeling the slump but I'll be able to make up for this week. I think part of my problem has to do with my short attention span... I get bored too easily just putting in the time. Gotta just buckle down and get it done.

Two weeks left

Two weeks left

Two weeks left

Well done on working out at 6 every day! :D

And you're so right, it makes the whole day so much better when it's done first thing in the morning!

Sorry to hear the other goals didn't go as well as you'd hoped but I'm sure you'll totally kick the next two weeks' asses ;)

Morning stuff was all good. I actually worked out at 6 most of the week :) I love it when I can do that. I feel so good all day after

And you're so right, it makes the whole day so much better when it's done first thing in the morning!

I still think you guys are CRAZY but totally freaking AWESOME for working out early!! Lol

Yee haw... I think I figured out what has made this whole challenge seem like I haven't done anything. It's been about just sticking to it. Not something I have historically been very good at... it takes too much patience. (Ain't nobody got time for that... ;) ) If something doesn't happen that is semi miraculous in the first two weeks, I'm apt to throw up my hands and start making excuses...

Yay for NF and the Rebellion for helping me see the value in working through the whole process. Giving the work time to show. Working at something long enough to see results.

I was adding up my numbers today to see how close I am to reaching my pistol and HSPU goals.. and what do you know I hit 180 minutes today for pistol work... So I guess I'm not as far behind as I thought. :) I still have some time to make up for the HSPU, but I have several days left. Shouldn't be a problem

so

Yay for plugging along :)

I am noticing a difference with the pistols too.. I have better ankle flexibility so the depth is not an issue any more, and i need much less assistance to stand back up :) yay again

Not so much  noticeable improvement on the HSPU score, but I can maintain a hold with more stability (still need a wall, but I can be off it for longer) and I can shift from hand to hand now without falling over. I need to spend more time on these

Flossing is going right along (didn't miss any days this week), and getting up... well its easier if I actually go to bed at a reasonable hour (shocking I know)

Hope you all have a great last week! :)

Nice little mantra you got going there...

Ha i had to quit muttering it under my breath... people were starting to avoid eye contact

Sorry to hear the other goals didn't go as well as you'd hoped but I'm sure you'll totally kick the next two weeks' asses ;)

If someone had told me a couple years ago that I would be getting up at that hour to work out I would have laughed in their face. Cool how things change for the better :)

Thanks 

Good job.  Now keep it up!!!

TWO WEEKS LEFT.

THanks man!

I still think you guys are CRAZY but totally freaking AWESOME for working out early!! Lol

haha yeah, most people who know me would definitely agree... crazy to the core ;)

Yee haw... I think I figured out what has made this whole challenge seem like I haven't done anything. It's been about just sticking to it. Not something I have historically been very good at... it takes too much patience. (Ain't nobody got time for that... ;) ) If something doesn't happen that is semi miraculous in the first two weeks, I'm apt to throw up my hands and start making excuses...

Yay for NF and the Rebellion for helping me see the value in working through the whole process. Giving the work time to show. Working at something long enough to see results.

I was adding up my numbers today to see how close I am to reaching my pistol and HSPU goals.. and what do you know I hit 180 minutes today for pistol work... So I guess I'm not as far behind as I thought. :) I still have some time to make up for the HSPU, but I have several days left. Shouldn't be a problem

so

Yay for plugging along :)

I am noticing a difference with the pistols too.. I have better ankle flexibility so the depth is not an issue any more, and i need much less assistance to stand back up :) yay again

Not so much  noticeable improvement on the HSPU score, but I can maintain a hold with more stability (still need a wall, but I can be off it for longer) and I can shift from hand to hand now without falling over. I need to spend more time on these

Flossing is going right along (didn't miss any days this week), and getting up... well its easier if I actually go to bed at a reasonable hour (shocking I know)

Hope you all have a great last week! :)

That is fantastic! Good for you for sticking with it!