There and Back Again - A Half-Elf's Tale by Sammiejune29

I'm going on a journey this challenge. Over rivers, through forests & up and down hills to have a great adventure.

If I'm going to have this great adventure I'm actually going to have to get somewhere over the next 6 weeks.

Goal #1 - Bike 150 miles total (4 STA)

- Some short rides with a few longs rides thrown in for variety

I'm going to be having to move around a lot over the course of my adventure. So some body weight workouts are definitely in order. I never know when I might need to fight a troll or some spiders so I have to keep in tip top shape. But I can't forget about cardio/intervals in case the best option is fleeing as fast as humanly (or inhumanly as the case may be) possible.

Goal #2 - Workout 4 days per week (3 STR, 1 DEX)

- At least 2 strength workouts/week

- At least 1 cardio/interval workout/week

- Can do cardio and strength on the same days but it only counts as 1 towards 4 days/week

- With the strength workouts, still working towards that elusive push-up

- I also want to figure out other goals like that, I enjoy push-up work more than the rest because I feel like I have somewhere to go with it. So an ungraded side-goal is to figure out some other exercises that I can't do now, but would like to be able to do.

Since we are traveling and living off the land, paleo seems like a great option as far as food choices go. So when I'm adventuring I'm sure it won't be too difficult to stay paleo. The difficulty will come when we visit with friends and other people we meet along the way. In order to keep my food habits on track no matter where my location I will be tracking everything that I eat.

Goal #3 - Track all calories on Fitbit - Try to be 500 calories under each day (3 CON, 1 CHA)

- My fitbit does a pretty good job of telling me how many calories I burn which is a good indicator of how much I should be eating. On a day when I'm super active, I of course need to eat more. I have been having a problem eating enough on intense workout days and not eating too much on rest days. 

- I've already been doing a good job of eating mostly paleo, so this won't be a graded part of this goal.

- I will log all food before I go to bed each day (sometimes I write it down but don't log it till days later when its less helpful)

On our journey we might have to leave our campsite at a moment's notice so it is imperative that the campsite and all of our supplies are kept neat and organized. We must also work as a team and help each other out with cooking and other chores.

Goal #4 - Clean, straighten, organize for 15 min each day around my apartment (1 WIS)

- Continuing this goal from last challenge to really ingrain it as habit

- Like last time, when I'm home this becomes help my mom/grandparents with something for 15min/day

After my harrowing journey I'd like to have a comfy home to come home to. I'm sure I will be tired after all that adventuring and it would be nice to sit back in front of my fireplace with a good book and relax.

Goal #5 - Sign a new lease for next year (2 WIS)

- Sub goals:

By the end of Week 1: Have a list of at least 8 properties to check out

By the end of Week 2: Contacted the owners of at least 5 properties to set up visits

By the end of Week 4: Visited at least 3 different properties

By the end of the Challenge: Have a lease for next year signed

- I've been procrastinating on this for so long. Its a big step. I've lived in this apartment for 4 years and as much as I want a house with a yard, I'm not looking forward to all the hassles that come with moving.

Starting Stats:

STR: 7

DEX: 4.25

STA: 6.75

CON: 2

WIS: 5.5

CHA: 5.75

More starting stats to come :)

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Even though its not technically part of this challenge I wanted to post an update on this past week of my life.

This past week has been a huge roller coaster as far as my company goes. We got into the summer program as an alternate (which mean mentoring but no money) so that sucked. My business partner was bummed, I was feeling sad, it just wasn't a good couple of days (Mon & Tues). Then Wednesday I went on a bike ride and I felt better. A lot better. I know that bike rides make me feel better, sometimes its just difficult to get myself out the door and then I'm good.

Wednesday's Workout (April 10, 2013)

Bike Ride 6.85 miles in 30m:25s

3 Circuits (27 min)

Inclined Push-Ups (countertop): 8/6/7/7

Plank: 60s/55s/50s

Resistance Band Pull-Backs: 20/20/20

Lying Abduction R(L): 50(50)/35(35)/30(30)

Stretches (7 min)

It was a great ride and a great workout afterwards :)

Thursday's Workout (April 11, 2013)

Bike Ride 5.25 miles in 23m:26s

Had another good bike ride on Thursday. I forced myself to get up and go on one before class, even though I could have just stayed and home and watched tv with the roommate. And I felt wonderful afterwards :)

On Friday we met with the people for the summer program. We think we are going to take advantage of the mentoring even without the money. Our biggest concern was being able to pay for our bills over the summer without funding, but now I have some freelancing options to look into so I'm excited again and happy. I feel much less lost because I see possibilities again. Not sure if it was a good or bad thing that there wasn't a challenge going on this week. Lol

Saturday's Workout (April 13, 2013)

Working on a Farm for the day :)

My business partner also works for a Bar/Restaurant in town. They have a 20-something acre farm and so a bunch of us went out there today to work. They are still working on expanding since they've only had the farm for a few years. So we were picking rocks from fields that are ready to be planted. We also picked a bunch of ramp in the forests (its a kind of wild onion, thats reminiscently garlicky). Lots of physical activity, hiking, exploring, and a short and harrowing ride on the back of an ATV (got a giant bruise on my butt from that one, lol) It was such a great day. I'm not disappointed at all that I chose to do that knowing that I wouldn't get a regular workout in, cause it was definitely a workout. I was also super excited that all the physical activity was soooo much easier since I've been working out these past 6 weeks :)

I love your goals Sam!! And I can't wait to read all about your adventure and cheer you along :D

I'm happy you feel better about that whole summer camp business... It really is a bummer but look at it as an opportunity for you guys to mentor and meet new people :)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Nice goals! Love that you're getting back to biking! And ramps are awesome, particularly in biscuits with country ham. So good. Looking forward to following your challenge again!

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Bike away Ms. Sammie, bike away!! You're gonna ride this challenge out to victory like the Tour de France!

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Great goals!! I'm sure you'll rock them :)

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

I love your goals Sam!! And I can't wait to read all about your adventure and cheer you along :D

I'm happy you feel better about that whole summer camp business... It really is a bummer but look at it as an opportunity for you guys to mentor and meet new people :)

Thanks!! I'm excited for the summer no matter what happens now. My biggest fear was that my business partner was going to give up on the project all together since we didn't get into this program, and as passionate as I am, its a team effort. Now that we are past that, I feel like the sky is the limit :)

Nice goals! Love that you're getting back to biking! And ramps are awesome, particularly in biscuits with country ham. So good. Looking forward to following your challenge again!

Biking is so amazing! Its my form of meditation. It just helps me clear my head. As much as I absolutely love body weight workouts, biking makes me feel so at peace (even when my legs are burning!)

The sheer amount of ramps we found was incredible. And they are so delicious just to munch on :) I imagine they would be good with ham though

Bike away Ms. Sammie, bike away!! You're gonna ride this challenge out to victory like the Tour de France!

WOLF

Tour de France... now there's an idea. Lol. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your challenge this time around :)

Great goals!! I'm sure you'll rock them :)

Thanks! Bring it on :)

Sunday's Workout (April 14, 2013)

Bike Ride 5.28 miles in 23m:41s

3 Circuits (38 min - 14:40, 11:58, 11:43)

Inclined Push-Ups (countertop): 8/7 / 7/7 / 6/5

Wall Sits: 30s/25s/25s

Plank: 60s/45s/35s

Stretches (6 min)

Wonderful workout today! Everything felt amazing. I realized that if I do both legs of lying abductions in a row, the second leg (no matter which I start with) is always more difficult. So I did a set of push-ups, then the first leg, then another set of push-ups, then the second leg. Seemed to work reasonably well. Still gonna play with it. 

This is my abbreviated body weight workout to do after bike rides. Left out lunges and squats since my legs get a good workout pedaling my bike. Also using the resistance band pull-backs to save time. I have another routine for days when I don't go on a bike ride. I'm really excited about this challenge!

So Chris_de_mass inspired me to Cowboy up and post some before and after shots. Each of these is a compilation from the beginning of last challenge, the end of last challenge and today (the start of this challenge). I was shocked at the difference this past week has made. Adding in bike rides really seems to have helped. I've noticed before that no matter what my diet and other routines are like, without some consistent cardio, its really difficult to get a lot of progress and this just confirms it :)

Front Progress

Side Progress

Back Progress

Here's to a wonderful week :)

Sunday's Workout (April 14, 2013)

Bike Ride 5.28 miles in 23m:41s

3 Circuits (38 min - 14:40, 11:58, 11:43)

Inclined Push-Ups (countertop): 8/7 / 7/7 / 6/5

Wall Sits: 30s/25s/25s

Plank: 60s/45s/35s

Stretches (6 min)

Wonderful workout today! Everything felt amazing. I realized that if I do both legs of lying abductions in a row, the second leg (no matter which I start with) is always more difficult. So I did a set of push-ups, then the first leg, then another set of push-ups, then the second leg. Seemed to work reasonably well. Still gonna play with it. 

This is my abbreviated body weight workout to do after bike rides. Left out lunges and squats since my legs get a good workout pedaling my bike. Also using the resistance band pull-backs to save time. I have another routine for days when I don't go on a bike ride. I'm really excited about this challenge!

So Chris_de_mass inspired me to Cowboy up and post some before and after shots. Each of these is a compilation from the beginning of last challenge, the end of last challenge and today (the start of this challenge). I was shocked at the difference this past week has made. Adding in bike rides really seems to have helped. I've noticed before that no matter what my diet and other routines are like, without some consistent cardio, its really difficult to get a lot of progress and this just confirms it :)

Here's to a wonderful week :)

Holy cow!!!

*needs a couple of minutes to find words*

Your progress shots are freaking amazing!!! You have done so so so well!! You are totally going to rock this challenge! So proud of you Sam!

Today is just one of those days that I keep procrastinating. This is my first real semester after having been on quarters for 5 years. Last semester was supposed to be the first but I had my bike accident. I'm definitely feeling antsy with these classes considering the fact that this is week 13 and I'm only used to 10 weeks. Ack!! Back to work, I swear. No more message boards till this assignment is done...

Holy cow!!!
*needs a couple of minutes to find words*

Your progress shots are freaking amazing!!! You have done so so so well!! You are totally going to rock this challenge! So proud of you Sam!

*blushes* Thanks so much!! I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone for a moment to post these :) I still can't believe how much progress I feel like I've made in the last week!

Today is just one of those days that I keep procrastinating. This is my first real semester after having been on quarters for 5 years. Last semester was supposed to be the first but I had my bike accident. I'm definitely feeling antsy with these classes considering the fact that this is week 13 and I'm only used to 10 weeks. Ack!! Back to work, I swear. No more message boards till this assignment is done...

*blushes* Thanks so much!! I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone for a moment to post these :) I still can't believe how much progress I feel like I've made in the last week!

Good luck on your assignment! You can do it, you know you can, I know you can :)

I'm glad you don't regret your decision, you've done incredibly well and it really shows!!

Monday's Workout (April 15, 2013)

Bike Ride - 5.34 mi in 26m12s

Stretching - 7 min

Even though its not one of my goals, I'm making an effort to devote more time to stretching after my workouts. My leg flexibility is pretty bad, especially my hamstrings. I cannot remember the last time I could touch my toes. In other new, the bike ride was nice, but apparently I need to not ride past the cherry trees while they are in bloom if I want to have a consistent workout. There were just way too many people down there. I may ride the other direction on the bike path next time. Looking at the backs of storefronts is not nearly as pretty but a more productive workout. Tomorrow will hopefully be a bodyweight workout day.

Goal #3 (calorie tracking) - Already entered in everything that I've eaten so far today. According to fitbit I have burned 2286 and eaten 1118, so I definitely see some more calories in my future. I will be posting about how over or under I was at the end of every week, not everyday, but just wanted to share so far today.

Goal #4 (cleaning) - already put in more than my 15 min today and still have things that I want to get done. The dishwasher needs unloaded and laundry needs washed. Its amazing how much time I still end up devoting to dishes, even though we have a dishwasher now.

Good luck on your assignment! You can do it, you know you can, I know you can :)

I'm glad you don't regret your decision, you've done incredibly well and it really shows!!

Thanks! It was just one of those time consuming busy work assignments. I love learning, but I hate doing busy work. More often than not lately, I feel like I'm paying the university to tell me that I know, what I already know that I know. Lol

Monday's Workout (April 15, 2013)

Bike Ride - 5.34 mi in 26m12s

Stretching - 7 min

Even though its not one of my goals, I'm making an effort to devote more time to stretching after my workouts. My leg flexibility is pretty bad, especially my hamstrings. I cannot remember the last time I could touch my toes. In other new, the bike ride was nice, but apparently I need to not ride past the cherry trees while they are in bloom if I want to have a consistent workout. There were just way too many people down there. I may ride the other direction on the bike path next time. Looking at the backs of storefronts is not nearly as pretty but a more productive workout. Tomorrow will hopefully be a bodyweight workout day.

Goal #3 (calorie tracking) - Already entered in everything that I've eaten so far today. According to fitbit I have burned 2286 and eaten 1118, so I definitely see some more calories in my future. I will be posting about how over or under I was at the end of every week, not everyday, but just wanted to share so far today.

Goal #4 (cleaning) - already put in more than my 15 min today and still have things that I want to get done. The dishwasher needs unloaded and laundry needs washed. Its amazing how much time I still end up devoting to dishes, even though we have a dishwasher now.

Thanks! It was just one of those time consuming busy work assignments. I love learning, but I hate doing busy work. More often than not lately, I feel like I'm paying the university to tell me that I know, what I already know that I know. Lol

Well done on your assignment and workout!

I love how cleaning seems to really have become part of your daily routine, your roommate must be super happy! haha!

Agreed! Great pics to show your hard work paying off :) Flexibility is VERY important and would make your workouts better cuz your chance of injury is reduced and immense amount, so give it a try... I love stretching, it feels so good when you allow youself to "breath" into the stretches.. You're doing sooooooo good Sammie! Keep it up!

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Great to see the progress you've made in your photos

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I was a little slow to find your thread.
Nice goals again this challenge and a big great job on the progress pics! Keep it up & you will blow us all away again at the end of this challenge too.

rybo, level 4 Human assassinSTR 16|DEX 7.5|STA 9|CON 12|WIS 8.5|CHA 5 

Agreed! Great pics to show your hard work paying off :) Flexibility is VERY important and would make your workouts better cuz your chance of injury is reduced and immense amount, so give it a try... I love stretching, it feels so good when you allow youself to "breath" into the stretches.. You're doing sooooooo good Sammie! Keep it up!

WOLF

Thanks!! I'm doing so much better on my stretching than I was at the beginning of the last challenge. The thing I needed to do to fix it was just to have a timer in front of me. I was thinking about having it as one of my goals this challenge but I've been successfully stretching for 5-10 min after each workout for the past 4 weeks so I wanted goals that would actually push me, and since I was doing it already, I didn't feel like it needed to be one of my goals. I'm so excited for the rest of this challenge :)

Great to see the progress you've made in your photos

Thanks!! My clothes are fitting better and I just feel better overall :) Its wonderful!

I was a little slow to find your thread.

Nice goals again this challenge and a big great job on the progress pics! Keep it up & you will blow us all away again at the end of this challenge too.

Lol. Its being sneaky, like an assassin should be. I trained this thread well ;) And thanks! I hope this challenge goes as well as the last did.

Wowee! Your goals! You're hardcore... good luck!

Lol. I'm not sure about hardcore, but thanks :) I'm excited to rock this challenge!

Well done on your assignment and workout!

I love how cleaning seems to really have become part of your daily routine, your roommate must be super happy! haha!

Thanks! Now I just have to conquer the two group projects that are both due on Monday. Lol.

He's so happy that I clean as much as I do. I love him to death, but he is a terribly unorganized person. Lol. He can be organized if he wants to be, but he procrastinates forever. Cleaning is so tricky for me, cause if I get started I want to keep cleaning, but I don't have time to clean for 3 hours on a Monday night cause I have homework and other things to do. So its definitely about balance. Getting enough done without going overboard, and I'm definitely starting to get the hang of it :)

Tuesday's Workout (April 16, 2013)
Bike Ride 5.31 miles in 22m:31s (did mile #4 in 3m:21s, new PR!)
3 Circuits (47 min)
Lying Abduction Left: 50/35/30
Inclined Push-Ups (countertop): 6/6/7
Lying Abduction Right: 50/35/30
Wall Sits: 30s/25s/30s
Stretches (10 min)

Great workout today! The bike ride was awesome. There were so many less people out cause it looked like it might rain (which it didn't). Set a new PR time for a mile. The wind might have been being slightly helpful, but its still very exciting. Stretching felt great today. 

*Edit* My roommate said my form on my lying abductions looked really really good now :) I just had to share cause they were such a struggle for me a few weeks ago.

Logged all my food already for the day. Did some of my cleaning, gonna do a few more things before bed.

If I can get through the next week, I feel like I can conquer anything. I have two group projects due on Monday and all three members from one class are all in different groups in the other class, so its going to be a scheduling nightmare.

And now I really need to get off the forums and clean and go to bed :)

Tuesday's Workout (April 16, 2013)

Bike Ride 5.31 miles in 22m:31s (did mile #4 in 3m:21s, new PR!)

3 Circuits (47 min)

Lying Abduction Left: 50/35/30

Inclined Push-Ups (countertop): 6/6/7

Lying Abduction Right: 50/35/30

Wall Sits: 30s/25s/30s

Stretches (10 min)

Great workout today! The bike ride was awesome. There were so many less people out cause it looked like it might rain (which it didn't). Set a new PR time for a mile. The wind might have been being slightly helpful, but its still very exciting. Stretching felt great today. 

*Edit* My roommate said my form on my lying abductions looked really really good now :) I just had to share cause they were such a struggle for me a few weeks ago.

Logged all my food already for the day. Did some of my cleaning, gonna do a few more things before bed.

If I can get through the next week, I feel like I can conquer anything. I have two group projects due on Monday and all three members from one class are all in different groups in the other class, so its going to be a scheduling nightmare.

And now I really need to get off the forums and clean and go to bed :)

That is one great workout! Well done Sam, you're already kicking ass! :D

And you're totally going to get through next week because you are awesome and you know it! ;)

I love your goals!  They are realistic and very well-defined.  I look forward to seeing your progress!

As for biking, I am TERRIBLE at biking.  I don't see how people make it look so effortless.  I can't reach for my waterbottle without veering 20 degrees off course, which when you're traveling at break-neck speeds with your head low is completely friggin' terrifying!

It looks like you're making great progress so far into the challenge.  Keep up the awesome work!  You'll definitely feel results with those BW workouts, and the biking, although terrifyijng, is a great cardio workout.

Human Assassin

Level 4 - Assassin Recruit

STR 5 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6.5 | CON 8 | WIS 10.5 | CHA 3

That is one great workout! Well done Sam, you're already kicking ass! :D

And you're totally going to get through next week because you are awesome and you know it! ;)

Thanks!! I'm still stressed but things are going a bit better :)

I love your goals!  They are realistic and very well-defined.  I look forward to seeing your progress!

As for biking, I am TERRIBLE at biking.  I don't see how people make it look so effortless.  I can't reach for my waterbottle without veering 20 degrees off course, which when you're traveling at break-neck speeds with your head low is completely friggin' terrifying!

It looks like you're making great progress so far into the challenge.  Keep up the awesome work!  You'll definitely feel results with those BW workouts, and the biking, although terrifyijng, is a great cardio workout.

Thanks!! I'm really excited about my progress so far and moving forward into this challenge :)

I used to be more fearless till I had my bike accident last October. Now I'm very cautious when taking a drink, and sometimes I just stop to do it. But I just love the feel of the wind in my face and hair! It makes me feel alive and its so relaxing. Its one of the best ways I've found to de-stress.

Wednesday: No workout on Wednesday (though I did make an effort to take the stairs. Lol.) Had lots of work to do on those group projects. Also met with a lawyer for my company (nothing bad, just advice that we get for free as part of this summer program). Also ended up doing laundry and dished. Prolly spent at least 2 hours doing chore stuff around my apartment.

I'm also trying GTG for pushups. I want to see if it helps cause I'm still frustrated by the slowness of my progress

Wednesday: GTG countertop pushups 4/4/4

Thursday: GTG countertop pushups 5/5/5

Thursday's Workout (April 18, 2013)
Warmup: 60 jumping jacks, jogging in hallway
2 Circuits (25 min)

Right Leg Lunges (hands above head): 10/8

Left Leg Lunges (hands above head): 10/8

Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs(8lbs): 8(20)/8(20)

Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs(8lbs): 8(20)/8(20)

Clam R(L): 40(40)/40(40)

Bodyweight Squats: 10/7

Front Plank: 45s/30s

Jumping Jacks: 30/30

Stretches (7 min)

Did lunges with my hands above my head. Definitely increased the difficulty level, which is good, cause I get bored doing 20 on each leg. Lol. I tried that with squats and I'm definitely not there yet. I'm still not sure how good my form is on the BW squats. Its something I plan to investigate in the coming week. Kept it at 2 circuits cause its late and I'm exhausted.

Also, I thought it was funny that I could do 8 reps with the 20lb dumbbell followed by 20 reps with the 8lb dumbbell. Lol

No bike ride today. It was just too darn hot during the day. It would have been really nice around 7 or so but I had class till 7:30 and then dinner plans with one of my best friends. I had major motivation problems today. The heat definitely didn't help. It just made me feel really lethargic. But as much as I didn't want to, I worked out (even if it was after midnight). 

Goal #3: Tracking my cals is going well. Managing to get them all entered before I go to bed each day which is good. Also been under by my goal everyday thus far :)

Goal #4: Cleaning is going well. Yesterday I spent way too much time cleaning/house chores, but it needed to happen.

Goal #5: Spent about 2 hours tonight looking at houses. I have 5 that we are pretty excited about looking at and about 10 more options that are less desirable. I sent an e-mail to the rental company. All 5 properties we really like are with the same company which make it kinda convenient.

Wednesday: No workout on Wednesday (though I did make an effort to take the stairs. Lol.) Had lots of work to do on those group projects. Also met with a lawyer for my company (nothing bad, just advice that we get for free as part of this summer program). Also ended up doing laundry and dished. Prolly spent at least 2 hours doing chore stuff around my apartment.

I'm also trying GTG for pushups. I want to see if it helps cause I'm still frustrated by the slowness of my progress

Wednesday: GTG countertop pushups 4/4/4

Thursday: GTG countertop pushups 5/5/5

Thursday's Workout (April 18, 2013)

Warmup: 60 jumping jacks, jogging in hallway

2 Circuits (25 min)

Right Leg Lunges (hands above head): 10/8

Left Leg Lunges (hands above head): 10/8

Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs(8lbs): 8(20)/8(20)

Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs(8lbs): 8(20)/8(20)

Clam R(L): 40(40)/40(40)

Bodyweight Squats: 10/7

Front Plank: 45s/30s

Jumping Jacks: 30/30

Stretches (7 min)

Did lunges with my hands above my head. Definitely increased the difficulty level, which is good, cause I get bored doing 20 on each leg. Lol. I tried that with squats and I'm definitely not there yet. I'm still not sure how good my form is on the BW squats. Its something I plan to investigate in the coming week. Kept it at 2 circuits cause its late and I'm exhausted.

Also, I thought it was funny that I could do 8 reps with the 20lb dumbbell followed by 20 reps with the 8lb dumbbell. Lol

No bike ride today. It was just too darn hot during the day. It would have been really nice around 7 or so but I had class till 7:30 and then dinner plans with one of my best friends. I had major motivation problems today. The heat definitely didn't help. It just made me feel really lethargic. But as much as I didn't want to, I worked out (even if it was after midnight). 

Goal #3: Tracking my cals is going well. Managing to get them all entered before I go to bed each day which is good. Also been under by my goal everyday thus far :)

Goal #4: Cleaning is going well. Yesterday I spent way too much time cleaning/house chores, but it needed to happen.

Goal #5: Spent about 2 hours tonight looking at houses. I have 5 that we are pretty excited about looking at and about 10 more options that are less desirable. I sent an e-mail to the rental company. All 5 properties we really like are with the same company which make it kinda convenient.

Well done on keeping it up despite the lack of motivation! You're a rock star! And remember, if you ever need a kick in the butt, I'm only a message/email/whatever away :P

Great job on your workout and the progress with the lunges! That's really good! :D

How is the group project going? How was the appointment with the lawyer? Helpful I hope :)

Well done on all the cleaning and flat search. I hope you'll find something really nice with a great garden :D

Solid week.

I think the GTG push up approach will do wonders. I'm trying a GTG approach as well just because I hate taking a totally off day. If I can still crank out a few push ups & pull ups that don't wreck my other workouts, I'm happy.

rybo, level 4 Human assassinSTR 16|DEX 7.5|STA 9|CON 12|WIS 8.5|CHA 5 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines