There and Back Again - A Half-Elf's Tale by Sammiejune29

Sounds like you are rocking this challenge!  I'm not familiar with the term GTG, I'll have to look that one up. 

And yes, there are few things more exhilarating (read: terrifying) than gracefully flying through the air head-first off a bike...

Human Assassin

Level 4 - Assassin Recruit

STR 5 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6.5 | CON 8 | WIS 10.5 | CHA 3

Sorry ahead of time for this mini-rant.

Not having the best day in the world. Started out with our apartment dictators telling us that we can't have all of our plants on our balcony anymore (even though we've done this for the past two summers.) I'm going to be sooooo happy to be out of here and have a nice house with a backyard and a garden. So now on top of everything else, my roommate and I have to worry about moving all this stuff somewhere else this weekend. Luckily we have some friends who have yard space. GAH!!!!!

Well done on keeping it up despite the lack of motivation! You're a rock star! And remember, if you ever need a kick in the butt, I'm only a message/email/whatever away :tongue:

Great job on your workout and the progress with the lunges! That's really good! :D

How is the group project going? How was the appointment with the lawyer? Helpful I hope :)

Well done on all the cleaning and flat search. I hope you'll find something really nice with a great garden :D

Thanks Chris :) The biggest problem with that is you are generally sleeping when I usually need motivation :-P lol

Group projects are going pretty well all things considered. Met with one group for 2 hours yesterday and the other for 2 hours today. I'm feeling a bit less stressed than I was. Mon, Tues and Weds of next week are still going to be crazy though. But after that I'll be able to relax a little :)

The appointment with the lawyer was very helpful :) Plus we get basic services from him for free all summer as part of this program so that's pretty awesome (cause lawyers are expensive!)

Solid week.

I think the GTG push up approach will do wonders. I'm trying a GTG approach as well just because I hate taking a totally off day. If I can still crank out a few push ups & pull ups that don't wreck my other workouts, I'm happy.

Thanks! Not sure how much progress I'm seeing so far but its only been a couple days so I'm trying not to be too impatient. Lol

Sounds like you are rocking this challenge!  I'm not familiar with the term GTG, I'll have to look that one up. 

And yes, there are few things more exhilarating (read: terrifying) than gracefully flying through the air head-first off a bike...

I think I will try to stay on the bike this time round :) Lol

I just learned what GTG was a couple weeks ago. Lol. I've learned so much since I joined NF. Its wonderful :)

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

I just learned what GTG was a couple weeks ago. Lol. I've learned so much since I joined NF. Its wonderful :)

I feel the same way.  I've learned so many new exercises and new fitness resources in the last week, just from reading everyone else's challenge threads.  I'm feeling so inspired to changeup my workout.  :peaceful:

Looks like you're rocking the challenge so far!  Don't get too discouraged on the pushups.  It sounds like you're making a huge effort to have perfect form, which will eventually pay off for you. 

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Doing good, Sammie! Way to be under your calorie goal so far, that shows great discipline! Keep it up, gurlie!

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Friday's Workout (April 19, 2013)

Bike ride 2.16 mi in 10m:43s

So I completely underestimated how cold and really really windy it was outside. Yesterday it was in the 80s F (27-31 C) and today it was about 50 F (10 C) and the wind was super cold. I was only wearing a tank top and shorts and I was done after 2 miles. Lol. My hot shower when I got home was much appreciated and needed.

Had a lovely evening hanging about with friends. We played some trivia and some Cards Against Humanity. The bad part of the night was how much food I ate. I made brownies and ate more of them than I should have. Lol. Also the food there was not terribly paleo friendly and I was really hungry. The good news is that I still burnt more calories than I ate!! I wasn't under by 500 but I've been extra under other days and I'm grading by the week so I'm still good on my goal as long as I don't eat everything in my apartment tomorrow. Lol

I feel the same way.  I've learned so many new exercises and new fitness resources in the last week, just from reading everyone else's challenge threads.  I'm feeling so inspired to changeup my workout.  :peaceful:

Looks like you're rocking the challenge so far!  Don't get too discouraged on the pushups.  It sounds like you're making a huge effort to have perfect form, which will eventually pay off for you. 

Thanks!! I love adding new things to my workout. Tweaking here and there. Keeps things interesting ;)

I figure, if you are going to do something, do it right. I definitely want to do pushups the right way. I'd hate to do them with terrible form and get into that habit or end up hurting myself. I'm still absolutely thrilled with the progress I've made thus far. My countertop pushups feel real now, and not like some cheap imitation. Lol

Doing good, Sammie! Way to be under your calorie goal so far, that shows great discipline! Keep it up, gurlie!

WOLF

Lol. Most days its pretty easy. In fact as long as I'm eating 90% Paleo, some days its hard to get enough calories. I never thought I could do something like Paleo, but I'm loving it.

So sorry to hear you had a bad day... Your landlords are such jerks!!! But as you said, you'll be out of there soon so don't let it annoy you too much (however genuinely annoying it is that you have to move your plants around).

Sorry also for being asleep at the wrong time :P But you can alsways try me, I was awake for both your updates last night and this morning (although not on the computer I must admit!). :D

Also, good job on the ride! You must have been freeeeeeezing though!! So impressed you stuck to it despite the cold! Well done!!

And don't beat yourself up for last night. As long as you don't make it a 2-day event, it's ok. Plus you've done really great so far, a little slip won't ruin it :)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

So sorry to hear you had a bad day... Your landlords are such jerks!!! But as you said, you'll be out of there soon so don't let it annoy you too much (however genuinely annoying it is that you have to move your plants around).

Sorry also for being asleep at the wrong time :tongue: But you can alsways try me, I was awake for both your updates last night and this morning (although not on the computer I must admit!). :D

Also, good job on the ride! You must have been freeeeeeezing though!! So impressed you stuck to it despite the cold! Well done!!

And don't beat yourself up for last night. As long as you don't make it a 2-day event, it's ok. Plus you've done really great so far, a little slip won't ruin it :)

Yeah, the building was bought by a new company back in August. Thats when the trouble started. It feels like they are trying to "class" the place up, but it was the lower cost option for apartment housing. Now they are raising the rates. I don't think not being allowed to put anything on your balcony is going to make people want to live here more. But that's just my opinion. Lol

Its probably about 10:30 pm there now. Lol. Its 4:30 here and my day has been boring thus far. I needed some recovery after all the fun I had last night. And I don't regret the food. Its not something I want to do often, but it was a good fun night :)

I was very very cold. Lol. Last fall I got pretty used to going on chilly bike rides cause I would either be comfortable for the first 5 min (if I bundled up) and then absolutely overheating for the next 20-30 min, or cold for the first 5 and comfy for the rest. So in the middle of October when I had my accident I was only wearing shorts and a tank top. I think this time it was just quite a shock after so many really warm rides. At least before it got a little colder each day and I had time to acclimate to the decreasing temps.

Yeah, the building was bought by a new company back in August. Thats when the trouble started. It feels like they are trying to "class" the place up, but it was the lower cost option for apartment housing. Now they are raising the rates. I don't think not being allowed to put anything on your balcony is going to make people want to live here more. But that's just my opinion. Lol

Its probably about 10:30 pm there now. Lol. Its 4:30 here and my day has been boring thus far. I needed some recovery after all the fun I had last night. And I don't regret the food. Its not something I want to do often, but it was a good fun night :)

I was very very cold. Lol. Last fall I got pretty used to going on chilly bike rides cause I would either be comfortable for the first 5 min (if I bundled up) and then absolutely overheating for the next 20-30 min, or cold for the first 5 and comfy for the rest. So in the middle of October when I had my accident I was only wearing shorts and a tank top. I think this time it was just quite a shock after so many really warm rides. At least before it got a little colder each day and I had time to acclimate to the decreasing temps.

That just sounds stupid! Have they raised the prices so much that people are forced to go?

In any case, you're going to a place that'll be immensely better (even though I know you liked it there) :D

I'm glad you see Friday night that way. Just a really good night where you enjoy the food and company but don't want to reiterate too often :) It shows really good confidence in your life style. Will you be working out today then?

I don't know how you do it! I'm terrible at being cold. I absolutely hate it (and then you have me wonder why on earth I decided to move from Malta to Denmark just before winter). It makes sense that you'd rather be cold for the first 5 minutes and comfortable for the rest but those first 5 minutes would completely kill any motivation I'd have to go out! haha!

Didn't end up working out yesterday. My roommate is sick with the flu so I spent most of the day taking care of him. Not that I mind, it just didn't leave a lot of time and energy for other things. Today, I'm supposed to be writing this group project paper. I have all the research and materials that everyone has put together. I just have to actually write the paper. As much as I want to work out now, I'm leaving it as a reward for getting the paper done. I've also told myself that I can respond to one thread on the forum for every page that I write as another way to motivate myself. Lol

That just sounds stupid! Have they raised the prices so much that people are forced to go?
In any case, you're going to a place that'll be immensely better (even though I know you liked it there) :D

I'm glad you see Friday night that way. Just a really good night where you enjoy the food and company but don't want to reiterate too often :) It shows really good confidence in your life style. Will you be working out today then?

I don't know how you do it! I'm terrible at being cold. I absolutely hate it (and then you have me wonder why on earth I decided to move from Malta to Denmark just before winter). It makes sense that you'd rather be cold for the first 5 minutes and comfortable for the rest but those first 5 minutes would completely kill any motivation I'd have to go out! haha!

A lot of people don't stay very long anyway. At the university we are required to live in the dorms for our first two years. So most people only stay for four years, so at the most they live off campus for 2. And more people than you might expect live in different places for those two years. A lot of times they move cause they ended up with a place they didn't like or were living with roommates that they didn't get along with as well as they hoped. So the fact that I've lived here for 4 years is a bit of an anomaly.

That all being said, I just don't think people are going to want to pay more to live in a place with more restrictions. Especially college students. They want to be ridiculous and have fun. So I think they are in trouble from a business sense, but hey, its not my problem. Lol

I'm not a huge fan of the cold but I had when its like 90 F (32C) with really high humidity. I can take the heat as long as its not humid. I'd love to eventually live somewhere like Southern California that has more of a desert climate. Cool/cold at night (so I can sleep well) and hot but not humid during the day. Sounds like a perfect combination.

What took you to Denmark and away from Malta?

A lot of people don't stay very long anyway. At the university we are required to live in the dorms for our first two years. So most people only stay for four years, so at the most they live off campus for 2. And more people than you might expect live in different places for those two years. A lot of times they move cause they ended up with a place they didn't like or were living with roommates that they didn't get along with as well as they hoped. So the fact that I've lived here for 4 years is a bit of an anomaly.

That all being said, I just don't think people are going to want to pay more to live in a place with more restrictions. Especially college students. They want to be ridiculous and have fun. So I think they are in trouble from a business sense, but hey, its not my problem. Lol

Oh! Ok! How's the hunt going btw? Found some more flats to visit? Have you viewed any yet?

And of course not, people won't want to stay there if the prices go up and they have a bunch of jerks making their lives more difficult. It's the landlords problem but you're right, they really are making a big mistake business wise. Silly! You'd think they'd know better...

What took you to Denmark and away from Malta?

Several things. First was the fact that I knew I wouldn't find a design job (not even as a freelancer), Malta is really far behind reg design and are content with the crappy poor quality stuff that is there, done by non professionals. Also I would get paid peanuts which I'm not too happy about considering I went to school for 6 years and have student loans to pay.

Second,  Malta is a very small island (121 sq mi) and it gets small, quickly. Also it is very incredibly crowded and people can be pretty obnoxious. They only authorised divorce last year for example.

Third, Mr De_maas' mum is good! We were planning on moving to New Zealand but she planted a seed of doubt in his and my mind, hinting that they would really miss us terribly, wouldn't visit because NZ is on the other side of the world (that being said, they never visited us in Paris, London, Malta or Copenhagen for that matter!), that we wouldn't see our nieces and nephew grow up, blah blah blah. However much I'd always wanted to, Mr De_maas had been against the idea of moving back to Denmark for the longest time. He'd been out of DK for 8.5 years and happily so. Well, let's say that she did a pretty darn good job at flipping us/him over and we moved to DK instead of NZ at the end of September last year.

Also, Mr De_maas' family is the only one who was happy and accepted our wedding (we eloped this summer without telling anybody after 5 years of being together). My family in France (parents/sister) got (still is) really pissed and my family in Malta (grandparents/uncle) didn't (still doesn't) accept the union as it wasn't a religious ceremony so it has no value (seriously, they told me that). That kind of pushed us even further into my in-laws' arms.

Friday: GTG countertop pushups 5/4
Saturday: GTG countertop pushups 5/5/5
Sunday: GTG countertop pushups 5/5/5/5

Sunday's Workout (April 21, 2013)
Warmup: 30 jumping jacks, jogging in hall
1.5 Circuits (27 min - 12m:8s, 5m:5s)
Right Leg Lunges (hands above head): 10/10
Left Leg Lunges (hands above head): 10/10
Resistance Band Pull Backs: 20/20
Lying Abductions: 35(35)

Wall Sits: 30s
Front Plank: 60s
Jumping Jacks: 30
Stretches (6 min)

Been struggling with this stupid group paper all day long. Its due in 9 hours. Arg. I'm not getting sleep tonight but its my own fault. I wasn't trying to procrastinate, I just got stuck on one part and it took me forever to get past it. 

Took a break around 10 pm to do my workout. It honestly was not one of my better workouts. I felt like my form was off and no matter how much energy I tried to put into it, I just wasn't getting anywhere. I felt done after 1.5 circuits. But then I actually got that section that I was stuck on done, so it wasn't all bad. This is the break I'm rewarding myself because I got another section done. :)

Oh! Ok! How's the hunt going btw? Found some more flats to visit? Have you viewed any yet?

Haven't had time to do a whole lot more since that epic 2 hours spent last week. I had a slight miscommunication with the guy I sent a message to. I think I might just stop by their offices on Thursday or Friday this week. I like communicating in person so much better. 

Several things. First was the fact that I knew I wouldn't find a design job (not even as a freelancer), Malta is really far behind reg design and are content with the crappy poor quality stuff that is there, done by non professionals. Also I would get paid peanuts which I'm not too happy about considering I went to school for 6 years and have student loans to pay.
Second,  Malta is a very small island (121 sq mi) and it gets small, quickly. Also it is very incredibly crowded and people can be pretty obnoxious. They only authorised divorce last year for example.
Third, Mr De_maas' mum is good! We were planning on moving to New Zealand but she planted a seed of doubt in his and my mind, hinting that they would really miss us terribly, wouldn't visit because NZ is on the other side of the world (that being said, they never visited us in Paris, London, Malta or Copenhagen for that matter!), that we wouldn't see our nieces and nephew grow up, blah blah blah. However much I'd always wanted to, Mr De_maas had been against the idea of moving back to Denmark for the longest time. He'd been out of DK for 8.5 years and happily so. Well, let's say that she did a pretty darn good job at flipping us/him over and we moved to DK instead of NZ at the end of September last year.

Also, Mr De_maas' family is the only one who was happy and accepted our wedding (we eloped this summer without telling anybody after 5 years of being together). My family in France (parents/sister) got (still is) really pissed and my family in Malta (grandparents/uncle) didn't (still doesn't) accept the union as it wasn't a religious ceremony so it has no value (seriously, they told me that). That kind of pushed us even further into my in-laws' arms.

I imagine that it would get very small after a while. And not being able to find the kind of work you want would also be incredibly frustrating.

I have to admit I"m a little sad you didn't move to New Zealand :tongue: Lol. I've always wanted to visit. My cousin went there a few years ago and all the pictures she took were gorgeous and her experience sounded amazing!

Where are you from originally? I imagine dealing with your family's reactions was very difficult, and I'm sure it still is some days. *hugs* You amaze me every day with how strong of a person you are. I say that no matter what kind of ceremony you did or didn't have, if you love each other and are happy then that's what matters :)

Friday: GTG countertop pushups 5/4

Saturday: GTG countertop pushups 5/5/5

Sunday: GTG countertop pushups 5/5/5/5

Sunday's Workout (April 21, 2013)

Warmup: 30 jumping jacks, jogging in hall

1.5 Circuits (27 min - 12m:8s, 5m:5s)

Right Leg Lunges (hands above head): 10/10

Left Leg Lunges (hands above head): 10/10

Resistance Band Pull Backs: 20/20

Lying Abductions: 35(35)

Wall Sits: 30s

Front Plank: 60s

Jumping Jacks: 30

Stretches (6 min)

Been struggling with this stupid group paper all day long. Its due in 9 hours. Arg. I'm not getting sleep tonight but its my own fault. I wasn't trying to procrastinate, I just got stuck on one part and it took me forever to get past it. 

Took a break around 10 pm to do my workout. It honestly was not one of my better workouts. I felt like my form was off and no matter how much energy I tried to put into it, I just wasn't getting anywhere. I felt done after 1.5 circuits. But then I actually got that section that I was stuck on done, so it wasn't all bad. This is the break I'm rewarding myself because I got another section done. :)

Wow! You're still up and working, poor sweetie :( *big hugs* How much more have you got left to do?

Well done on your workout and on powering through. It may not have been the best workout in the world but you did it and you gave it your best. I'm super proud of you!

Haven't had time to do a whole lot more since that epic 2 hours spent last week. I had a slight miscommunication with the guy I sent a message to. I think I might just stop by their offices on Thursday or Friday this week. I like communicating in person so much better.

No wonder! You're so freaking busy all the time!!

Hope you have time to go to their offices and sort everything out (and find an amazing place to live in!) :D

I have to admit I"m a little sad you didn't move to New Zealand :tongue: Lol. I've always wanted to visit. My cousin went there a few years ago and all the pictures she took were gorgeous and her experience sounded amazing!

Where are you from originally? I imagine dealing with your family's reactions was very difficult, and I'm sure it still is some days. *hugs* You amaze me every day with how strong of a person you are. I say that no matter what kind of ceremony you did or didn't have, if you love each other and are happy then that's what matters :)

NZ is only delayed, not cancelled! So don't you be sad, there will be a place and reason for you to visit. :D We don't like staying somewhere for more than a few years at a time so we'll most probably get away from DK in about 3 years or something (our record in one place since being together is a bit less than 2.5 years!)

And I'm half French (dad), half Maltese (mum). Born and raised in France until I left in 2009.

My family is a very hard one to deal with at best on a daily basis so I was expecting to get some crap but their reactions to our wedding were all absolutely horrible. Nobody was happy for us and I got yelled at and guilt-tripped more than once when I announced the big news. My sister didn't even answer my text (we don't speak at all, just send facebook greetings for birthdays). Worst is that they all love Mr De_maas so it was just because I didn't do what they wanted and expected of me aka have a big ass wedding, wear a long white dress and have my dad (whom I hadn't talked to in almost 6 months at the time) walk me down the aisle. And ofc, I hadn't told nor invited them which really pissed them off. It really sucked and completely ruined the post-wedding bliss.

I'm not in contact with any of them any more except for my grandparents (but mostly just my grandfather) as they were the only ones to have had the decency to "apologise" for their horrendous reactions although I am very aware that they haven't changed their minds on the uselessness of our wedding.

Sadly, my parents and I were never close so it kind of made it clear that they have nothing to bring to my life.

And yes, as long as there is love and happiness, why make a big fuss about who's marrying who, when, how and where?!

We had an awesome wedding day (you can see the pictures here) but what was most important to us was to have an even awesomer life and marriage and that's exactly what we got :)

Wow! You're still up and working, poor sweetie :( *big hugs* How much more have you got left to do?

Well done on your workout and on powering through. It may not have been the best workout in the world but you did it and you gave it your best. I'm super proud of you!

Yeah, its almost 6 am here. Ouch!  :nightmare:  I have 8 pages written. He says the better papers are usually 10-12 but I'd say I'm a little over halfway done. All the research is done though. I'm just trying to put it all into a cohesive paper. The most time consuming part was trying to figure out how the flow of the paper worked. Once I got that, it was a lot easier. *hugs* And thanks for the hugs, I definitely needed them :)

NZ is only delayed, not cancelled! So don't you be sad, there will be a place and reason for you to visit. :D We don't like staying somewhere for more than a few years at a time so we'll most probably get away from DK in about 3 years or something (our record in one place since being together is a bit less than 2.5 years!)

And I'm half French (dad), half Maltese (mum). Born and raised in France until I left in 2009.

My family is a very hard one to deal with at best on a daily basis so I was expecting to get some crap but their reactions to our wedding were all absolutely horrible. Nobody was happy for us and I got yelled at and guilt-tripped more than once when I announced the big news. My sister didn't even answer my text (we don't speak at all, just send facebook greetings for birthdays). Worst is that they all love Mr De_maas so it was just because I didn't do what they wanted and expected of me aka have a big ass wedding, wear a long white dress and have my dad (whom I hadn't talked to in almost 6 months at the time) walk me down the aisle. And ofc, I hadn't told nor invited them which really pissed them off. It really sucked and completely ruined the post-wedding bliss.

I'm not in contact with any of them any more except for my grandparents (but mostly just my grandfather) as they were the only ones to have had the decency to "apologise" for their horrendous reactions although I am very aware that they haven't changed their minds on the uselessness of our wedding.

Sadly, my parents and I were never close so it kind of made it clear that they have nothing to bring to my life.

And yes, as long as there is love and happiness, why make a big fuss about who's marrying who, when, how and where?!

We had an awesome wedding day (you can see the pictures here) but what was most important to us was to have an even awesomer life and marriage and that's exactly what we got :)

I can selfishly say that I'm glad New Zealand wasn't cancelled :) And maybe in 2 or 3 years I will actually have enough money saved up for a trip like that. Lol. Have you and your hubby visited New Zealand before? (Also, I'm assuming DK is Denmark, but when I see DK I automatically think of Donkey Kong. Lol)

My relationship with my dad isn't great, so I understand in a way. I've tried reaching out to him, but if I don't do everything exactly the way he wants he just keeps telling me I'm wrong. And I don't need that. I know I'm awesome :)  (even when I graduated Valedictorian, I didn't feel like he was very proud of me, it was all "well now what are you going to do?" when I just wanted to enjoy my accomplishment for a little while) And even if I don't always succeed, I always try my hardest :) There were always so many people expecting perfection from me (including myself). That was always so much pressure. The two months before my back surgery when I was practically incapable of doing anything, was actually a much needed reset in a way. For those two months no one was expecting anything of me other than to take care of myself. And since then I've learned to push myself, but not quite so hard. Not pushing to the point of breaking. That was a hard lesson to learn. (random tangent, lol, it is 6 am afterall)

But what I really wanted to say was how beautiful your wedding pictures were. I don't even know if I have words. There was just sooooo much love. I couldn't look at the pictures and not have a giant smile on my face :) it was exactly the kind of pick me up that I needed to keep writing this paper! (I also love the shoes you were wearing ;))

I feel ya on the late night/early morning paper-writing, that was my MO when I was in school. It usually worked out for me, but even at the time I was willing to admit there were probably better ways of doing things... I never intended to procrastinate either, but that's how it always worked out... My motto was (and still is) 'desperation makes for inspiration', and that's what got me through my undergrad.

Sounds like the workouts are going pretty good, all things considered. When there's a deadline for something else (ie. a paper) looming over you it can be hard to justify the time to do other things, but it sounds like you've been doing a pretty good job of balancing it all.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

I think you have submitted your paper already, so I just hope that you managed to finish on time and you are happy with everything you wrote. I'm sure you kicked ass, because that's just what you do :D

I can selfishly say that I'm glad New Zealand wasn't cancelled And maybe in 2 or 3 years I will actually have enough money saved up for a trip like that. Lol. Have you and your hubby visited New Zealand before? (Also, I'm assuming DK is Denmark, but when I see DK I automatically think of Donkey Kong. Lol)

My relationship with my dad isn't great, so I understand in a way. I've tried reaching out to him, but if I don't do everything exactly the way he wants he just keeps telling me I'm wrong. And I don't need that. I know I'm awesome   (even when I graduated Valedictorian, I didn't feel like he was very proud of me, it was all "well now what are you going to do?" when I just wanted to enjoy my accomplishment for a little while) And even if I don't always succeed, I always try my hardest  There were always so many people expecting perfection from me (including myself). That was always so much pressure. The two months before my back surgery when I was practically incapable of doing anything, was actually a much needed reset in a way. For those two months no one was expecting anything of me other than to take care of myself. And since then I've learned to push myself, but not quite so hard. Not pushing to the point of breaking. That was a hard lesson to learn. (random tangent, lol, it is 6 am afterall)

Well Denmark will now and forever be referred to as Donkey Kong Land on your thread(s). I laughed so hard when I read your Donkey Kong reference!! hahahahaha! :D

But again, come visit whenever you like, may it be here or NZ or wherever we end up. It's pretty darn awesome here (when the weather is nice) though, I think you'd really like it :)

And nope, never visited NZ, but Mr De_maas has a few friends there and we've just always wanted to move there for some reason. Some people dream of the US or Australia, we dream of NZ (and the West coast of the US) :)

And I'm so sorry to hear how much pressure you've had to live under. I know just how bad it is. But I'm so glad to see that you know you're awesome and nobody can change that! You are such a strong person Sam, I'm really proud and lucky to know you *big hug*

But what I really wanted to say was how beautiful your wedding pictures were. I don't even know if I have words. There was just sooooo much love. I couldn't look at the pictures and not have a giant smile on my face  it was exactly the kind of pick me up that I needed to keep writing this paper! (I also love the shoes you were wearing )

Thank you so very much!! Jonas did an fantastic job, we're so incredibly happy to have had him (and his awesome family) with us! We actually changed our wedding date (from our 5 year anniversary date to 2 days later) to make sure he could be a part of the day which actually resulted in my best friend (and witness) not being able to come but no regrets!
And yeah, Mr De_maas and I kind of love each other a lot :P

Which pair did you like btw? The spiky purple heels or the blue sandals? Didn't keep either of them very long though! haha! :D

Very impressive to take a break and get a workout in, even though it may not have been what you wanted.

Good luck with your paper, I always hated writing papers

rybo, level 4 Human assassinSTR 16|DEX 7.5|STA 9|CON 12|WIS 8.5|CHA 5 

Beyond stupid tired right now :sleeping:, but I wanted to respond cause Nerd Fitness makes me happy :monkey:

I think you have submitted your paper already, so I just hope that you managed to finish on time and you are happy with everything you wrote. I'm sure you kicked ass, because that's just what you do

I actually hadn't at that point. But I did get it done and submitted on time after about an hour of being crazy because all my technology decided to fail me at once (my poor roommate) :(  My internet and printer were both being temperamental. Plus one of my group members from the other project (remember, I had two due today, lol) went missing. He finally e-mailed us his stuff 45 min before the paper was due. CRAZY day! But I got it done. It was 25 pages including appendices when I was done. About 18 pages of content. First long paper I've written since all my medical problems, so I'm proud :D

Well Denmark will now and forever be referred to as Donkey Kong Land on your thread(s). I laughed so hard when I read your Donkey Kong reference!! hahahahaha!
But again, come visit whenever you like, may it be here or NZ or wherever we end up. It's pretty darn awesome here (when the weather is nice) though, I think you'd really like it
And nope, never visited NZ, but Mr De_maas has a few friends there and we've just always wanted to move there for some reason. Some people dream of the US or Australia, we dream of NZ (and the West coast of the US)

Donkey Kong!!! Lol. Glad to make you laugh :D And smile :) (its gonna yell at me for having too many smileys again...)

New Zealand has always been one of my dream destinations. It may or may not have something to do with Lord of the Rings... ;) And I think I've already mentioned my love of the US West Coast :cool-new:

And I'm so sorry to hear how much pressure you've had to live under. I know just how bad it is. But I'm so glad to see that you know you're awesome and nobody can change that! You are such a strong person Sam, I'm really proud and lucky to know you *big hug*

Thank you so very much!! Jonas did an fantastic job, we're so incredibly happy to have had him (and his awesome family) with us! We actually changed our wedding date (from our 5 year anniversary date to 2 days later) to make sure he could be a part of the day which actually resulted in my best friend (and witness) not being able to come but no regrets!
And yeah, Mr De_maas and I kind of love each other a lot

Which pair did you like btw? The spiky purple heels or the blue sandals? Didn't keep either of them very long though! haha!

*even bigger hugs* Lol. I like the person I am and I'm glad I have surrounded myself with people who think I'm awesome too :eagerness:

Really? Love?? I hadn't noticed ;)

I really liked the spiky purple heels. Very cute! Not very into heels? or is this just another part of packing light as you guys move around. Lol

I feel ya on the late night/early morning paper-writing, that was my MO when I was in school. It usually worked out for me, but even at the time I was willing to admit there were probably better ways of doing things... I never intended to procrastinate either, but that's how it always worked out... My motto was (and still is) 'desperation makes for inspiration', and that's what got me through my undergrad.

Sounds like the workouts are going pretty good, all things considered. When there's a deadline for something else (ie. a paper) looming over you it can be hard to justify the time to do other things, but it sounds like you've been doing a pretty good job of balancing it all.

This was my first all-nighter in a long time. Also my first long paper in a long time. Lol. It was a little rough, but I was proud of the final product. Most of yesterday I wasn't even procrastinating (I totally was on Saturday, but not yesterday, lol) I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to structure this stupid paper. I just his a bloc and then once I had that epiphany moment the rest of the paper went really fast. Lol

Workouts aren't going too badly. They've definitely suffered a bit due to the amount of stress that I'm under but at least I'm doing something :) I still call it a win!

Very impressive to take a break and get a workout in, even though it may not have been what you wanted.

Good luck with your paper, I always hated writing papers

Oh I definitely wanted to do the workout. I wanted to say screw the paper, have an awesome workout and go to sleep. Lol. But needs sometimes have to outweigh wants. Stupid responsibilities. Lol

Warning: You better be in bed right now and be reading this in the morning!

I actually hadn't at that point. But I did get it done and submitted on time after about an hour of being crazy because all my technology decided to fail me at once (my poor roommate)  My internet and printer were both being temperamental. Plus one of my group members from the other project (remember, I had two due today, lol) went missing. He finally e-mailed us his stuff 45 min before the paper was due. CRAZY day! But I got it done. It was 25 pages including appendices when I was done. About 18 pages of content. First long paper I've written since all my medical problems, so I'm proud

This sounds like a crazy insane day! 25 pages?! Holy crap!! What was the paper about btw?

I'm so glad you managed to pull it off despite your silly group member and the temperamental tech and the sleep deprivation. You seem like you're really good when under a lot of pressure. Kudos for that! :D

Oh and is your roommate feeling better btw?

New Zealand has always been one of my dream destinations. It may or may not have something to do with Lord of the Rings... ;) And I think I've already mentioned my love of the US West Coast :cool-new:

Haha! To be honest, The Lord of the Rings may or may not have something to do with my love for NZ too... :P That and bungee jumping (never tried, really REALLY want to)

*even bigger hugs* Lol. I like the person I am and I'm glad I have surrounded myself with people who think I'm awesome too :eagerness:

You are indeed! Really, freaking awesome! :D

Really? Love?? I hadn't noticed ;)

I really liked the spiky purple heels. Very cute! Not very into heels? or is this just another part of packing light as you guys move around. Lol

Yeah, I know, it's hard to notice... Told you, we kind of love each other but you know, nothing special really. :P

And I'm totally with you with the purple heels! They're really cute!! I only wore them the one time though, they're really really high + Malta is crap for somebody who never wears heels!

I have 2 pairs of shoes here right now. The first is a pair of Converse that I've had for 6 years and that is completely destroyed. The second I got about a month ago, they're really cute low ankle boots. All my pretty heels are in boxes but I must admit that I'm really bad at wearing them :D

Absolutely no way I'm exercising today. Lol. I'm tired to the point where I feel drunk :very_drunk: Plus I have to get up at 7 am tomorrow morning to go see the ear, nose & throat doctor. Hopefully he will be able to help my vertigo problem.

Warning: You better be in bed right now and be reading this in the morning!

Oh and is your roommate feeling better btw?

Right... about that...  :beguiled:  lol. Well after I turned in the paper I had two hours of class. Then got lunch with my business partner before our meeting tonight. We are catching up on stuff before the rest of the team gets here in 45 min. (Minus my poor roommate who is still under the weather. His fever seems to have broken but he's still feeling achy and lethargic :()

This sounds like a crazy insane day! 25 pages?! Holy crap!! What was the paper about btw?
I'm so glad you managed to pull it off despite your silly group member and the temperamental tech and the sleep deprivation. You seem like you're really good when under a lot of pressure. Kudos for that!

It was definitely a crazy insane day!!  :witless:  I can't believe I wrote 25 pages in a day! The class is systems analysis and design so we took a case where a College of Business needed a new information system. So we had to analyze the case and then make a recommendation as to where they should acquire the system. It was actually pretty interesting but I had to pick up a lot of the slack for my group members. They just don't seem to quite "get" the point of the things we are doing. They can go through the motions but something is still missing. Oh well, I like it which is why its one of my majors  :tickled_pink: (I'm trying out all the different smileys, I felt like I needed some variety)

Haha! To be honest, The Lord of the Rings may or may not have something to do with my love for NZ too... That and bungee jumping (never tried, really REALLY want to)

:victorious: Thats amazing!! Are you sure you aren't my long lost sister???  :semi-twins: (though I'm not sure I'd be brave enough for bungee jumping  :o

Yeah, I know, it's hard to notice... Told you, we kind of love each other but you know, nothing special really.

And I'm totally with you with the purple heels! They're really cute!! I only wore them the one time though, they're really really high + Malta is crap for somebody who never wears heels!
I have 2 pairs of shoes here right now. The first is a pair of Converse that I've had for 6 years and that is completely destroyed. The second I got about a month ago, they're really cute low ankle boots. All my pretty heels are in boxes but I must admit that I'm really bad at wearing them

Nothing special at all. Nothing like this  :couple_inlove: at all...

They do look absurdly high but that would be fun. I love heels though. I wear them a lot. Haha. And I couldn't believe how awesome my legs look when I put on heels the other day. It was super exciting!! Hopefully you will be reunited with your shoes and your books soonish. July right? That's not too far away  :applouse:

Absolutely no way I'm exercising today. Lol. I'm tired to the point where I feel drunk :very_drunk: Plus I have to get up at 7 am tomorrow morning to go see the ear, nose & throat doctor. Hopefully he will be able to help my vertigo problem.

Right... about that...    lol. Well after I turned in the paper I had two hours of class. Then got lunch with my business partner before our meeting tonight. We are catching up on stuff before the rest of the team gets here in 45 min. (Minus my poor roommate who is still under the weather. His fever seems to have broken but he's still feeling achy and lethargic )

Good luck with your appointment. I hope it goes well and the doctor is a great one. :) Is that the appointment you were talking about in the last challenge btw?

Sucks that you couldn't go to bed straight after the hand in or even the class... Hopefully you are sleeping like a baby right now and your meeting last night was a god one :D

Good to hear his fever has broken. Hopefully the rest of him will follow up and get better soon too :)

It was definitely a crazy insane day!!   I can't believe I wrote 25 pages in a day! The class is systems analysis and design so we took a case where a College of Business needed a new information system. So we had to analyze the case and then make a recommendation as to where they should acquire the system. It was actually pretty interesting but I had to pick up a lot of the slack for my group members. They just don't seem to quite "get" the point of the things we are doing. They can go through the motions but something is still missing. Oh well, I like it which is why its one of my majors   (I'm trying out all the different smileys, I felt like I needed some variety) 

Sounds like an interesting class although I would totally suck at it! ha! :D

And yeah, sounds like you had to do everything rather than just a chunk of the work. I mean come on, you ended up putting everything together and writing the whole bloody thing! Group projects can be such a nightmare when you have crappy partners. :(

Thats amazing!! Are you sure you aren't my long lost sister???   (though I'm not sure I'd be brave enough for bungee jumping

Must be! :D Wouldn't be such a terrible thing, would it?! haha!

Mr De_maas calls me crazy for wanting to. When I asked him if he'd join me he answered that he "doesn't have a death wish"! (and the guy has been in the army!!) ha!

Nothing special at all. Nothing like this  :couple_inlove: at all...

They do look absurdly high but that would be fun. I love heels though. I wear them a lot. Haha. And I couldn't believe how awesome my legs look when I put on heels the other day. It was super exciting!! Hopefully you will be reunited with your shoes and your books soonish. July right? That's not too far away  :applouse:

Wouldn't know what you're talking about. We NEVER kiss. Never, ever, ever. It's such a disgusting thing! :disgust: hahahaha!

They are, but at least they have a platform making it manageable though they are stupidly heavy!!

That's a really cool realisation! How high do you usually go for?

And yeah, early July. Can't wait!

Tuesday Update: I have good new and bad news. I went to see my E.N.T. (ear, nose and throat doctor, but ENT is so much more fun) this morning. I have officially been diagnosed with BPPV (benign paroxismal positional vertigo). Thats the good news, because its fairly treatable and will help my dizziness go away if the treatment works. He did the first treatment this morning and it will probably take a few (especially since I have it in both ears.)

Now the bad news. I can't work out for the next three days  :blink: Its crazy to think how much I'm gonna miss it. But if I want to get rid of this dizziness, this is what i have to do. I'm going to let myself off the hook for 4 days of exercise this week. I should be able to get in 3 (Fri, Sat and Sun) but I'm only going to hold myself to two. That being said in order to get full points for this goal I need to make up any workouts I miss in other weeks. (if I miss workouts for reasons other than doctor's orders, I can't move them)

The most frustrating thing is that my past couple workouts haven't been the most satisfactory because of life and the weather. Oh well. I will start kicking this thing in the butt again on Friday.  :ph34r:

I'm so glad you managed to pull it off despite your silly group member and the temperamental tech and the sleep deprivation. You seem like you're really good when under a lot of pressure. Kudos for that!

I meant to respond to this sentence in particular and ended up missing it yesterday (I blame it on the exhaustion). It feels great to actually be able to function under pressure again. For a couple years when my depression was really bad, I couldn't deal with the pressure. I think I had lost some confidence in myself and my abilities after losing so many things that I cared about because of the depression. But knowing that I have that back now is soooo important to me  :frog:

Good luck with your appointment. I hope it goes well and the doctor is a great one. Is that the appointment you were talking about in the last challenge btw?

Yep, this was the appointment I had to wait a month for and then drive an hour to get to. Lol. At least my follow up appointment is here and not an hour away (nor will I have to get up at 7 am to go to it, lol)

Sucks that you couldn't go to bed straight after the hand in or even the class... Hopefully you are sleeping like a baby right now and your meeting last night was a god one

Sounds like an interesting class although I would totally suck at it! ha!
And yeah, sounds like you had to do everything rather than just a chunk of the work. I mean come on, you ended up putting everything together and writing the whole bloody thing! Group projects can be such a nightmare when you have crappy partners.

The meeting was definitely mixed. We are having problems with one of our "employees" and we aren't sure how to handle it. But my dinner with my business partner was super nice  :D  And then I was in bed before 9 pm! A record for me  ^_^

Part of my problem with group projects is that I don't like getting B's when I know I'm capable of getting A's. So if I'm in a group with B & C students (or worse), then I end up having to pick up all the slack cause I won't turn something in that is terrible. And they had done research and stuff for the project, it just wasn't done terribly well.

Must be! :D Wouldn't be such a terrible thing, would it?! haha!
Mr De_maas calls me crazy for wanting to. When I asked him if he'd join me he answered that he "doesn't have a death wish"! (and the guy has been in the army!!) ha!

Wouldn't know what you're talking about. We NEVER kiss. Never, ever, ever. It's such a disgusting thing! :disgust: hahahaha!

They are, but at least they have a platform making it manageable though they are stupidly heavy!!
That's a really cool realisation! How high do you usually go for?

And yeah, early July. Can't wait!

I think I'm with your husband on this one! Lol. My roommate might be willing to join you and then Mr De_mass and I can watch you two being crazy!!

For everyday wear I usually don't wear ones taller than about 2 inches. Though my boots I wear a lot in winter are about 3 but they are super comfortable. Most comfortable heels I've ever owned. I have a grey pair and a brown pair. I had a black pair and they got stolen when someone broke into my car last year. (They stole the most ridiculous things. They broke the passenger window and stole the two bags sitting on the seat. They got some bottles of water, vitamins, fiber, my umbrella, my boots, a sweatshirt, a half knitted scarf and a couple little stuffed animals, plus the first present that my roommate ever bought me, which was a bag from a book store. It probably just ended up in a dumpster. People are stupid  :rolleyes: )

But i have some heels that are 3-3.5 inches. Since I'm 5'9" I don't really want to be taller than 6'. Lol

Man, I'm sorry I've missed so much :( Well the good/bad news is "good" to hear. I'm glad that the vertigo you have is treatable and its only 3 days you have to take off instead of 3 months!! To be honest, you might actually feel a MILLION times better after these 3 days, though. Sometimes, life just calls for mulitple rest days..but knowing you, you won't let it get ya down! I have 100% faith that starting Friday you'll be smashing things up like Wreck-it-Ralph!! I"M GONNA WRECK IT! Lol, love that movie.

Yay for bungie jumping, that sounds pretty awesome if I must say so myself! I would totally be down to sky dive too!! Oh, and you're tall too :) that's awesome! I guess me being 6'2 I appreciate a taller girl :) AND you could where your 3.5 inch heels and NEVER come close to being as tall as me, lol. You're not a true red head, are ya? I denied it for soooooooo long when I was younger, but I can't anymore lol. I have, 100% accepted the fact that I am a ginger, and 100% ok with it lol. For some reason, people are more intrigued by me BECAUSE of the color of my hair... I just hate the skin complexion that goes along with it... PASTY..lol. I don't tan, just burn, maybe get a nice "red" tint, but I never tan :tan: ... Anyways, just curious cuz I've been meaning to ask ya for FOREVER since your profile pic shows your lovely face and red hair  :welcoming:

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Hey, yay for the dizziness being treatable! Sorry it means having to miss some workouts, but that's how it goes - recovery is more important than a few workouts, definitely.

I'm with you on not wearing high heels - I'm 5'10, so pretty much any heel makes me ridiculously tall. Also, if I could go barefoot all the time, I totally would, so that's a detail.

Anyway, good luck with the dizziness treatments!

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Don't punish yourself for missing workouts due to medical issues.  I think you should just get a pass on your workout goals for the week.  After all, it's much more important to treat the vertigo and be free of the dizziness.

Good luck with the treatments!

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines