There and Back Again - A Half-Elf's Tale by Sammiejune29

Man, I'm sorry I've missed so much :( Well the good/bad news is "good" to hear. I'm glad that the vertigo you have is treatable and its only 3 days you have to take off instead of 3 months!! To be honest, you might actually feel a MILLION times better after these 3 days, though. Sometimes, life just calls for mulitple rest days..but knowing you, you won't let it get ya down! I have 100% faith that starting Friday you'll be smashing things up like Wreck-it-Ralph!! I"M GONNA WRECK IT! Lol, love that movie.

Yay for bungie jumping, that sounds pretty awesome if I must say so myself! I would totally be down to sky dive too!! Oh, and you're tall too :) that's awesome! I guess me being 6'2 I appreciate a taller girl :) AND you could where your 3.5 inch heels and NEVER come close to being as tall as me, lol. You're not a true red head, are ya? I denied it for soooooooo long when I was younger, but I can't anymore lol. I have, 100% accepted the fact that I am a ginger, and 100% ok with it lol. For some reason, people are more intrigued by me BECAUSE of the color of my hair... I just hate the skin complexion that goes along with it... PASTY..lol. I don't tan, just burn, maybe get a nice "red" tint, but I never tan :tan: ... Anyways, just curious cuz I've been meaning to ask ya for FOREVER since your profile pic shows your lovely face and red hair  :welcoming:

WOLF

Its all good! We all catch up when we can :D I agree that 3 days off every 2-3 weeks is much preferred to 3 months off!! Its also much preferred to not being able to be treated at all too. Lol. And I haven't seen that movie. I'm guessing I should really really really put it on my to-watch list? Lol

I can definitely appreciate taller guys ;) I will date guys that are shorter than me, but I once dated a guy who was 5'5" and it was just awkward, especially when I wore heels. Lol. And I love my heels (even more now that my legs are more muscular :D)

I'm not a true red head unfortunately. But I feel like my personality goes much better with my red hair. Lol. I feel much happier when I have red hair (and this way I don't get the pale skin that goes with it :tongue: I actually tan really really well, which will probably be noticible in progress pics after a couple more weeks of biking) Its good to accept that you are a ginger! I just really like red hair, on guys or girls. Red-heads definitely get bonus awesome points  :welcoming:

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Hey, yay for the dizziness being treatable! Sorry it means having to miss some workouts, but that's how it goes - recovery is more important than a few workouts, definitely.

I'm with you on not wearing high heels - I'm 5'10, so pretty much any heel makes me ridiculously tall. Also, if I could go barefoot all the time, I totally would, so that's a detail.

Anyway, good luck with the dizziness treatments!

Thanks!! I've felt kinda awful all day (not sure if it was the dizziness treatment, the sleep deprivation or just the awful combination) but I just keep telling myself that it is going to help. Lol. And like I told Wolf, 3 days off every 2-3 weeks is so much better than months not being able to exercise. :)

Lol. I love going barefoot. The first thing I do when I walk in the door is take off my shoes. I especially hate socks. So if I'm going to wear shoes I want them to be shoes that don't require socks. Of course for working out I wear tennis shoes but I love sandals, especially cute ones with heels. And even if it makes me even ridiculously taller, I wear heels anyway. Lol. I just don't go out of my way to find super tall heels. Haha

Don't punish yourself for missing workouts due to medical issues.  I think you should just get a pass on your workout goals for the week.  After all, it's much more important to treat the vertigo and be free of the dizziness.

Good luck with the treatments!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to punish myself. I just know that the longer I go without working out, the harder it will be for me to get back in the habit. So I want to try doing something on Friday, even if I can't push myself very hard. The goal is to do something. And getting better is definitely more important!! Thanks for all the well wishes :) I really appreciate it. It definitely helped me get through the day :D

Must be! :D Wouldn't be such a terrible thing, would it?! haha!

Having you as a sister would definitely not be a terrible thing :) Especially coming from this only child. Lol.

My roommate is pretty much the brother I never had. He even ended up spending the last couple christmases with my family cause he's allergic to his brother's cats that are living at his dad's house. So he's pretty much allergic to the whole house now :( And I think my family are grateful that he's there to watch out for me cause they worry. (Not only am I my mom's only child, but I'm also my grandparents' only grandchild, so no wonder they worry)

Tuesday Update: I have good new and bad news. I went to see my E.N.T. (ear, nose and throat doctor, but ENT is so much more fun) this morning. I have officially been diagnosed with BPPV (benign paroxismal positional vertigo). Thats the good news, because its fairly treatable and will help my dizziness go away if the treatment works. He did the first treatment this morning and it will probably take a few (especially since I have it in both ears.)

Now the bad news. I can't work out for the next three days   Its crazy to think how much I'm gonna miss it. But if I want to get rid of this dizziness, this is what i have to do. I'm going to let myself off the hook for 4 days of exercise this week. I should be able to get in 3 (Fri, Sat and Sun) but I'm only going to hold myself to two. That being said in order to get full points for this goal I need to make up any workouts I miss in other weeks. (if I miss workouts for reasons other than doctor's orders, I can't move them)

The most frustrating thing is that my past couple workouts haven't been the most satisfactory because of life and the weather. Oh well. I will start kicking this thing in the butt again on Friday. 

Yay for finding out what you have and it being something treatable!! That's awesome!! I guess the waiting, getting up early and driving was all worth it :D

And I understand your frustration over not being able to workout but it's only for 3 days, think about how much better your life is going to be just thanks to those 3 short days! Plus the frustration may even help you completely kill it for the next few workouts! hahaha! :D

But again Yay for actually being frustrated about it! That does mean you have turned working out into a strong and solid habit and that it's here to stay!!! :triumphant:

I meant to respond to this sentence in particular and ended up missing it yesterday (I blame it on the exhaustion). It feels great to actually be able to function under pressure again. For a couple years when my depression was really bad, I couldn't deal with the pressure. I think I had lost some confidence in myself and my abilities after losing so many things that I cared about because of the depression. But knowing that I have that back now is soooo important to me  :frog:

You have overcome so must Sam, it's amazing! I'm so very proud of you!

How is your depression now?

The meeting was definitely mixed. We are having problems with one of our "employees" and we aren't sure how to handle it. But my dinner with my business partner was super nice   And then I was in bed before 9 pm! A record for me 

Part of my problem with group projects is that I don't like getting B's when I know I'm capable of getting A's. So if I'm in a group with B & C students (or worse), then I end up having to pick up all the slack cause I won't turn something in that is terrible. And they had done research and stuff for the project, it just wasn't done terribly well.

Sorry to hear about the "employees" issues... Hope you figure out how to solve them. Tell me if I can be of any help :)

I'm glad you had such a nice time with your business partner. You guys seem to really enjoy each other's company, it's really great :D

And I'm totally with you for the non-acceptance of mediocrity! I find it impossible to not do my best even if that means having to pick up all the slack... I've always had trouble with group projects for this exact reason!

Hopefully, your hard work will pay off and you'll be with better partners for the next projects :)

I think I'm with your husband on this one! Lol. My roommate might be willing to join you and then Mr De_mass and I can watch you two being crazy!!

For everyday wear I usually don't wear ones taller than about 2 inches. Though my boots I wear a lot in winter are about 3 but they are super comfortable. Most comfortable heels I've ever owned. I have a grey pair and a brown pair. I had a black pair and they got stolen when someone broke into my car last year. (They stole the most ridiculous things. They broke the passenger window and stole the two bags sitting on the seat. They got some bottles of water, vitamins, fiber, my umbrella, my boots, a sweatshirt, a half knitted scarf and a couple little stuffed animals, plus the first present that my roommate ever bought me, which was a bag from a book store. It probably just ended up in a dumpster. People are stupid  :rolleyes: )

But i have some heels that are 3-3.5 inches. Since I'm 5'9" I don't really want to be taller than 6'. Lol

Haha! Well, you two can just take the pictures while us two have all the fun! :P

I had a homeless guy break into my flat the day I turned 19. I was living alone in Paris at the time and he robbed my flat when I was out to dinner with my family. I didn't notice until 2 hours after I got home when I saw a note left on the coffee table by the police telling me about it! When I got to the police station in the morning, they gave me back my stolen belongings: lino cutting tools, 2 cases of special (and very expensive but he couldn't have known) art pens, a pack of tissues with lips printed on them, a pair of earrings and some food. The food wasn't mine (at that time I was terrible at eating and had a completely empty fridge) so the guy was just ransacking people's apartments looking for food. So yeah, people steal the weirdest things!!

And funny, you wear heels when you're quite tall, I pretty much only ever wear flats and I'm tiny! hahaha!

Having you as a sister would definitely not be a terrible thing Especially coming from this only child. Lol.

My roommate is pretty much the brother I never had. He even ended up spending the last couple christmases with my family cause he's allergic to his brother's cats that are living at his dad's house. So he's pretty much allergic to the whole house now And I think my family are grateful that he's there to watch out for me cause they worry. (Not only am I my mom's only child, but I'm also my grandparents' only grandchild, so no wonder they worry)

That's so nice you have such an awesome relationship with your roommate! Have you known him a long time (more than the 4 years you've been living together I mean)?

It sucks he can't spend Christmas with his family... But then he gets to spend it with awesome you so I guess it's ok ;)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

1) Wreck-it-Ralph is one of the better animated movies to come out in a while! Plus, I'm a huge fan of John C. Reilly :)

2) Work those muscular legs, girl! Work em hard :)

3) If you have the personality of a red head, keep at it!! As long as you enjoy being a red head ;) So how many bonus points do I get for being a red head???

You're a kickass, half-elf! Keep it up, Sammie-dear!

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I'm with you on not wearing high heels - I'm 5'10, so pretty much any heel makes me ridiculously tall. Also, if I could go barefoot all the time, I totally would, so that's a detail.

Lol. I love going barefoot. The first thing I do when I walk in the door is take off my shoes. I especially hate socks. So if I'm going to wear shoes I want them to be shoes that don't require socks. Of course for working out I wear tennis shoes but I love sandals, especially cute ones with heels. And even if it makes me even ridiculously taller, I wear heels anyway. Lol. I just don't go out of my way to find super tall heels. Haha

I wish I could go barefoot all year long!  Unfortunately I would probably get frost bite in the winter and my toes would fall off.  I love the look of heels but have a hard time with them, I am not used to them.  I can rock a little kitten heel pretty good but when I throw something taller on it gets a little awkward sometimes.  My favorite are flat shoes, sneakers, flip flops, fancy flats!  This way I can wear dresses and things without worrying about falling down and flashing the world!  

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

That is such great news that your dizziness is something that is fixable, and failry quickly. I don't think you are going to have any problem working out once you are done, because you're gonna be so pumped at all the amazing things you will be able to do now!

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

*peeks in*

how ya feeling? dizziness is awful! Glad they can fix it! 

Sometimes mandatory rest days make for more epic feats of greatness later... :) let your body tell you what it needs

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Week 1 Update

The journey started off great. The weather was wonderful, the birds were singing the sun was shining as we went traipsing through the forest. Made 10 miles in the first two days. Managed to keep a clean and tidy camp and didn't have any trouble with bandits.

Then trouble struck! We were attacked in the night by wild squirrels, hundreds of them. They were trying to steal all of our nuts, and we couldn't have that. We needed our nuts for bursts of energy and protein. So we battled with the squirrels and managed to scare them off, but not without some injuries. We took the next couple days to rest and recover. I took this time to contemplate what I wanted me new home to look like. I decided I would love to have a home built into a tree deep in a forest with a lovely garden. I then drew up some plans for what the house could look like.

Once recovered we tried to make up for lost ground and it started snowing! Pretty soon we were all shivering and had to stop and build a fire. Unfortunately sitting around a campfire calls for s'mores which were not very paleo. But a least with all the shivering I still burnt more calories than I ate :)

The cold weather caused one of my comrades to become very ill and the next day was spent caring for him. Luckily this malady was not life treathening and only lasted for two days. The last part of the week was the roughest. While caring for my sick comrade a bear came upon our camp. At this point I didn't have much energy left, but I managed to use my assassin skills to scare him off.

In other words...

Goal #1 - Bike 150 Miles in 6 weeks

5.34 + 5.31 + 2.16 = 12.81 mi (8.54% of goal)

Goal #2 - Workout 4 days per week (at least 2 BW, 1 cardio/interval)

Mon - Bike ride

Tues - Bike ride & BW Workout

Thurs - BW Workout

Fri - Bike ride

Sun - BW Workout

Goal #3 - Track Calories on FitBit

- Enter in calories everyday before bed (7/7)

- At least 3,500 cal under for the week (4,821 deficit for the week)

- Snapshot of calorie breakdown below

Challenge 2   Week 1

Goal #4 - Clean 15 min/day (6.5/7)

- Spend some time but less than 15 min cleaning on Thursday

- Gave myself half credit cause I spend over 2 hours cleaning on Wednesday

Goal #5 - Week 1 - List of at least 8 properties to check out

- Found around 15 possibilities (6 are in our top list)

Mini-challenge - Did pushups almost everyday. Was trying out GTG and it went well :)

Awesome job, that is an amazing amount of bike mileage! I did GTG for pushups and was really impressed by my strength gains

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Tonight is a rest at home while watching Back to the Future and catching up on the forums kind of a night :)

Wednesday was a pretty good day all things considered. Just didn't have much time to get on the message boards. Lol

My group presentation went really really well. My professor seemed to really like it and the class voted our presentation as the best. Then I had a lovely dinner with my roommate and another of our entrepreneurially minded friends. It was at a delicious chinese place. I didn't get rice with my meal and I didn't even miss it. Then we had to go to the grocery store and by the time I got home I had 4 hours to do the tax research assignment that was due. But I got it done and turned in a whole 7 min early. Lol. And then as much as I wanted to catch up on everyone's threads, I did the responsible thing and went to bed.

And now the really really good news!! I got a part time job for the summer! I will be working with another start-up, helping them organize and keep track of everything. I'm excited because it will give me insight into a start-up that is farther along than my own plus give me money to pay my bills. AND the hours will be very flexible which I need to participate in the summer program for my own company. So very very exciting.

Classes are also officially done. Now all I have is 3 final exams next week!!

And my mandatory rest period is almost over  :positive: Tomorrow I can exercise again!! Yay!!

And I understand your frustration over not being able to workout but it's only for 3 days, think about how much better your life is going to be just thanks to those 3 short days! Plus the frustration may even help you completely kill it for the next few workouts! hahaha!
But again Yay for actually being frustrated about it! That does mean you have turned working out into a strong and solid habit and that it's here to stay!!! 

I hope its a habit that's here to stay :tickled_pink: Even if I'm not quite there, I'm getting close!

You have overcome so must Sam, it's amazing! I'm so very proud of you!
How is your depression now?

It's so much better. Still not perfect by any means, but I've really learned to listen to what my body/emotions are telling me. It similar to the process one goes through when one starts working out. You gotta know when to push and when to rest. You also need to learn all the techniques that work for you. I have bad days every now and then, but they are manageable. I'm just really happy. I like my life. I love nerd fitness and the friends I've made here. I love my company that I'm starting. I love being in better shape. :love_heart: I love that I feel like my life is moving forward again!

Sorry to hear about the "employees" issues... Hope you figure out how to solve them. Tell me if I can be of any help
I'm glad you had such a nice time with your business partner. You guys seem to really enjoy each other's company, it's really great 

My business partner and roommate had a long talk about the issue and we figured out a good solution. Now we just have to follow through with it. Lol.

And I do really enjoy my business partner's company. He's awesome. I'm really excited that we are building a great company culture. We are already the type of company where we do favors and support each other  :victorious:  I hope that continues.

And I'm totally with you for the non-acceptance of mediocrity! I find it impossible to not do my best even if that means having to pick up all the slack... I've always had trouble with group projects for this exact reason!
Hopefully, your hard work will pay off and you'll be with better partners for the next projects 

I don't even care too much about the school projects (I do, but I'm trying to care a little bit less for my own sanity, lol) I'm just glad I have amazing partners for my business cause that is so much more important :) I can deal with anyone for a few weeks, these are people I will hopefully be working with for years!

I had a homeless guy break into my flat the day I turned 19. I was living alone in Paris at the time and he robbed my flat when I was out to dinner with my family. I didn't notice until 2 hours after I got home when I saw a note left on the coffee table by the police telling me about it! When I got to the police station in the morning, they gave me back my stolen belongings: lino cutting tools, 2 cases of special (and very expensive but he couldn't have known) art pens, a pack of tissues with lips printed on them, a pair of earrings and some food. The food wasn't mine (at that time I was terrible at eating and had a completely empty fridge) so the guy was just ransacking people's apartments looking for food. So yeah, people steal the weirdest things!!

That would have been terrifying. I know I felt so violated after my car was broken into. Speaking of people stealing the weirdest things... A couple summers ago my grandparents had a bunch of tomato plants planted next to the driveway. One day someone came (we didn't actually see them) and stripped all the plants bare. They took every single green tomato on every single plant. We were shocked!!

And funny, you wear heels when you're quite tall, I pretty much only ever wear flats and I'm tiny! hahaha!

That's so nice you have such an awesome relationship with your roommate! Have you known him a long time (more than the 4 years you've been living together I mean)?
It sucks he can't spend Christmas with his family... But then he gets to spend it with awesome you so I guess it's ok ;)

I will be 5 years in September. I've actually been living here about 6 months longer than he has. I had another roommate before him but she couldn't find a job and got evicted after 5 months of living with me. Not too long after that my current roommate started staying the night when we were hanging out instead of walking back to his dorm at 2 am and then he slowly but surely moved the rest of his stuff out of his dorm. Lol

A few days after actual Christmas day his mom had a Christmas celebration for everyone at her lake-house (which is now her everyday house too!) I was invited to that and it is always a lot of fun. My roommate's nephews come and they are super fun to play with :) They are 6, 8 & 10 now so they always have a ton of energy!

Hey! How are you? How are you feeling?
Hope everything is ok
*big hugs and happy thoughts*

Thanks for checking in :) You are so sweet :watermelon: Definitely made my day a bit brighter!

1) Wreck-it-Ralph is one of the better animated movies to come out in a while! Plus, I'm a huge fan of John C. Reilly :)

2) Work those muscular legs, girl! Work em hard :)

3) If you have the personality of a red head, keep at it!! As long as you enjoy being a red head ;) So how many bonus points do I get for being a red head???

You're a kickass, half-elf! Keep it up, Sammie-dear!

WOLF

1) Wreck-it-Ralph is now officially added to my to-watch queue ;)

2) Figured since I was giving you such a hard time about posting progress pics I'd post a pic of me all dressed up for my job interview

Dressy Sam

3) Lets see. I think you get 300 bonus points for your red hair, 200 for finally posting a progress pic and 3,000 for all your encouragement and saying such nice things about me!!

And thanks! I plan to keep it up ;)

I wish I could go barefoot all year long!  Unfortunately I would probably get frost bite in the winter and my toes would fall off.  I love the look of heels but have a hard time with them, I am not used to them.  I can rock a little kitten heel pretty good but when I throw something taller on it gets a little awkward sometimes.  My favorite are flat shoes, sneakers, flip flops, fancy flats!  This way I can wear dresses and things without worrying about falling down and flashing the world!

I don't go barefoot all year long but I do wear skirts and dresses all year long! Lol. I just really dislike pants. Haha. Heels just take practice ;) The hardest thing about wearing heels where I live are all the brick streets. Sometimes the heels like to get stuck in between the bricks  :blink: And my solution to not flashing innocent bystanders is to wear shorts under my dresses (at least the ones where you can't notice them). Lol

That is such great news that your dizziness is something that is fixable, and failry quickly. I don't think you are going to have any problem working out once you are done, because you're gonna be so pumped at all the amazing things you will be able to do now!

Awesome job, that is an amazing amount of bike mileage! I did GTG for pushups and was really impressed by my strength gains

Thanks!! I'm looking forward to testing out if the GTG helped when I get back to working out tomorrow. How long did you do GTG for?

*peeks in*

how ya feeling? dizziness is awful! Glad they can fix it! 

Sometimes mandatory rest days make for more epic feats of greatness later... :) let your body tell you what it needs

Doing quite a bit better thanks! Got some good sleep finally, which I really really needed. Lol. Hopefully this weekend I can get an epic bike ride in with my roommate and our awesome entrepreneur friend :)

Tonight is a rest at home while watching Back to the Future and catching up on the forums kind of a night

Wednesday was a pretty good day all things considered. Just didn't have much time to get on the message boards. Lol

My group presentation went really really well. My professor seemed to really like it and the class voted our presentation as the best. Then I had a lovely dinner with my roommate and another of our entrepreneurially minded friends. It was at a delicious chinese place. I didn't get rice with my meal and I didn't even miss it. Then we had to go to the grocery store and by the time I got home I had 4 hours to do the tax research assignment that was due. But I got it done and turned in a whole 7 min early. Lol. And then as much as I wanted to catch up on everyone's threads, I did the responsible thing and went to bed.

And now the really really good news!! I got a part time job for the summer! I will be working with another start-up, helping them organize and keep track of everything. I'm excited because it will give me insight into a start-up that is farther along than my own plus give me money to pay my bills. AND the hours will be very flexible which I need to participate in the summer program for my own company. So very very exciting.

Yay for Back to the future!! One (three) of the best movies ever!!!! :D I so so so love the whole trilogy!!

So glad to hear about your amazing presentation and how well you did (although I have to say I'm not surprised!) but even happier to hear about your job!! Congrats!!!!!!!! That's such wonderful news!!!! It sounds like the perfect position for you, it's fantastic! I'm sure you're going to have a blast and learn so very much in the process! Congrats again! :cheerful:

I hope its a habit that's here to stay Even if I'm not quite there, I'm getting close!

I'm sure it is, you enjoy working out and you feel down when you can't do it. These are pretty good signs that you will keep at it :) That and the fact that I'll nag you if you don't :P

It's so much better. Still not perfect by any means, but I've really learned to listen to what my body/emotions are telling me. It similar to the process one goes through when one starts working out. You gotta know when to push and when to rest. You also need to learn all the techniques that work for you. I have bad days every now and then, but they are manageable. I'm just really happy. I like my life. I love nerd fitness and the friends I've made here. I love my company that I'm starting. I love being in better shape. I love that I feel like my life is moving forward again!

One step at a time, it'll get perfect one day or another as long as you keep listening to yourself, what you need and don't let anybody pressure you into unachievable perfection.

I'm so very happy you are on the right track and feel so good about the life you lead and who you are. You are awesome, you are doing awesome and you are creating an awesome life for yourself. *hugs*

My business partner and roommate had a long talk about the issue and we figured out a good solution. Now we just have to follow through with it. Lol.

And I do really enjoy my business partner's company. He's awesome. I'm really excited that we are building a great company culture. We are already the type of company where we do favors and support each other  I hope that continues.

Glad you figured something out. Hopefully you'll manage to follow through :) (I'm really intrigued btw!)

Enjoying your partner's company and always being ready to help each other out is such an important key to success which you guys have completely figured out already! I don't see why it should change it seems to be working very well and effortlessly.

That would have been terrifying. I know I felt so violated after my car was broken into. Speaking of people stealing the weirdest things... A couple summers ago my grandparents had a bunch of tomato plants planted next to the driveway. One day someone came (we didn't actually see them) and stripped all the plants bare. They took every single green tomato on every single plant. We were shocked!!

I felt very violated and dirty but I also knew the man was homeless and looking for some food which kind of helped me get over the whole thing. Some days after it happened, I received a phone call from some kind of D.A. office or whatnot asking if I wanted to press charges and ask for financial retribution, I must say I yelled at the lady! How could she ask me that when the poor guy was in such a terrible position already?! She also told me he was going to jail for 6 months (he had broken into several flats + was found in possession of some kind of drug) which I was actually happy to hear as it meant steady food and a warm place for the entirety of winter.

And that's just such stupid thing to steal!!!! Tomato plants, really?!?! How desperate/stupid can someone be to get to that point?!?!

I will be 5 years in September. I've actually been living here about 6 months longer than he has. I had another roommate before him but she couldn't find a job and got evicted after 5 months of living with me. Not too long after that my current roommate started staying the night when we were hanging out instead of walking back to his dorm at 2 am and then he slowly but surely moved the rest of his stuff out of his dorm. Lol

A few days after actual Christmas day his mom had a Christmas celebration for everyone at her lake-house (which is now her everyday house too!) I was invited to that and it is always a lot of fun. My roommate's nephews come and they are super fun to play with  They are 6, 8 & 10 now so they always have a ton of energy!

That's really cool :) Did you meet at college then?

Aren't these the nephews you visited during the last challenge for a birthday party or something?

My nieces and nephew are about the same age (8, 6 and 4), they are so much fun to hang out with! I love kids that age, they are full of craziness and energy! :D

Thanks for checking in You are so sweet  Definitely made my day a bit brighter!

I'm so happy I made your day a little better :) But ofc I want to check in on you, you're my sister from half way across the world! :P

Yay for Back to the future!! One (three) of the best movies ever!!!! I so so so love the whole trilogy!!

Yes they are!! Tonight the roomie and I are watching Return of the Jedi :D I might go back to Back to the Future (Part 2) when he goes to bed. Lol

So glad to hear about your amazing presentation and how well you did (although I have to say I'm not surprised!) but even happier to hear about your job!! Congrats!!!!!!!! That's such wonderful news!!!! It sounds like the perfect position for you, it's fantastic! I'm sure you're going to have a blast and learn so very much in the process! Congrats again! :cheerful:

I'm sure it is, you enjoy working out and you feel down when you can't do it. These are pretty good signs that you will keep at it That and the fact that I'll nag you if you don't

One step at a time, it'll get perfect one day or another as long as you keep listening to yourself, what you need and don't let anybody pressure you into unachievable perfection.

I'm so very happy you are on the right track and feel so good about the life you lead and who you are. You are awesome, you are doing awesome and you are creating an awesome life for yourself. *hugs*

I'm just so excited for life right now!! And I successfully worked out today :D And it didn't go horribly! :cheerful: I will post an update on the workout soon!

Glad you figured something out. Hopefully you'll manage to follow through (I'm really intrigued btw!)

Enjoying your partner's company and always being ready to help each other out is such an important key to success which you guys have completely figured out already! I don't see why it should change it seems to be working very well and effortlessly.

The whole problem revolves around the fact that during the start-up weekend competition we had 7 people, but at this point in a company, we don't need or want 7 people. Startups should be fairly small. And so trying to figure out how to handle the extra 4 people has been difficult. We appreciate the help that they gave us over startup weekend but managing them is taking more time and effort than the value of what they are contributing. 

Now that this issue is almost resolved, I can't wait to continue working on the company. Just have to get past finals week first :D

I felt very violated and dirty but I also knew the man was homeless and looking for some food which kind of helped me get over the whole thing. Some days after it happened, I received a phone call from some kind of D.A. office or whatnot asking if I wanted to press charges and ask for financial retribution, I must say I yelled at the lady! How could she ask me that when the poor guy was in such a terrible position already?! She also told me he was going to jail for 6 months (he had broken into several flats + was found in possession of some kind of drug) which I was actually happy to hear as it meant steady food and a warm place for the entirety of winter.

And that's just such stupid thing to steal!!!! Tomato plants, really?!?! How desperate/stupid can someone be to get to that point?!?!

I really wish the system worked better to help people in those kinds of positions. But prison was probably not a bad option for him at that point. And thats really sad :(

And now because of those stupid people my grandparents won't grow any tomato plants anymore. And I don't know about there, but here, store bought tomatoes taste awful. Well not awful so much as tasteless. It was so frustrating that it was something that was not easily replaceable. Where I live there is a wonderful farmers market but where they live, not so much.

That's really cool Did you meet at college then?

Aren't these the nephews you visited during the last challenge for a birthday party or something?

My nieces and nephew are about the same age (8, 6 and 4), they are so much fun to hang out with! I love kids that age, they are full of craziness and energy!

I'm so happy I made your day a little better But ofc I want to check in on you, you're my sister from half way across the world! :tongue:

Yep. We met at college. It was my sophomore year and his freshman year. He was pretty awkward but in an endearing way. I actually wanted to date him till I found out he was gay. But he's my best friend in the world and so I wouldn't change anything :D

And these are the same nephews as at the birthday party :D They are the closest thing I have to nephews since I'm an only child. We hope to visit them again sometime soon! It was really great this last time to actually be able to run around and play with them since I'm in so much better shape  :victorious:

I feel so much happier than I have all week now that I've exercised and have finally gotten a few decent nights of sleep!!

First workout since the dizziness treatment!! Woo hoo!!

I also forgot to share. I got weighed when I went to the doctor on Tues. (I don't keep a scale at my apartment) I was 176lbs! ( was 186 at the beginning of March) I'm obviously much more concerned with body comp than weight but I definitely feel like I've gained muscle, so I'm hoping that most of the weight loss was fat.

It was honestly really hard to motivate myself to go on the bike ride. While I was really excited to get back to exercising, part of me was really nervous that I would feel awful or that I would get dizzy on the bike ride. I know that the treatment is supposed to help the dizziness. Its hard to tell if its helped much since I have BPPV in both ears and they can only treat one ear at a time.

Once I got out there though I felt great. I still didn't push myself super hard though. I wanted to make sure I was okay since I was on the ride by myself. My roommate and I plan to go on a longer ride tomorrow :D

Friday's Workout (April 16, 2013)
Bike Ride 5.34 miles in 27m:09s
3 Circuits (27 min, 9:36, 8:31, 7:51)
Lying Abduction Left: 30/30/25
Inclined Push-Ups (countertop): 10/10/10
Lying Abduction Right: 30/30/25
Resistance Band Pull-Backs: 20/20/20
Wall Sits: 30s/40s/30s
Plank: 40s/40s/40s
Stretches (6 min)

The workout went really well. I definitely noticed a huge difference in my push-ups after doing GTG for a week. I need to figure out a lower surface in my apartment to try pushups on now. It will require some thinking  B)

I did feel like I regressed some with my lying abductions. Not sure why. Planks were rough too. But I'm sure I will be fine in a few days. I didn't regress nearly as much as I feared :) (Though I have felt bloated and less thin, but I generally thinner when I've been working out, it may be a mental thing as much as anything else, lol)

I'm just so excited for life right now!! And I successfully worked out today And it didn't go horribly! I will post an update on the workout soon!

This is music to my ears :) I'm so happy for you Sam!

The whole problem revolves around the fact that during the start-up weekend competition we had 7 people, but at this point in a company, we don't need or want 7 people. Startups should be fairly small. And so trying to figure out how to handle the extra 4 people has been difficult. We appreciate the help that they gave us over startup weekend but managing them is taking more time and effort than the value of what they are contributing. 

Now that this issue is almost resolved, I can't wait to continue working on the company. Just have to get past finals week first

Ouch! That sounds like a tricky situation... Hopefully it's all good now :)

And good like with your finals, I'll have my fingers crossed for you ;)

I really wish the system worked better to help people in those kinds of positions. But prison was probably not a bad option for him at that point. And thats really sad :(

And now because of those stupid people my grandparents won't grow any tomato plants anymore. And I don't know about there, but here, store bought tomatoes taste awful. Well not awful so much as tasteless. It was so frustrating that it was something that was not easily replaceable. Where I live there is a wonderful farmers market but where they live, not so much.

It really was the best option possible for him given the circumstances which is, indeed, terribly sad!

And that's awful :( It's such a sad thing that they gave up on the idea and are stuck with tasteless tomatoes :( (it's the same here btw unless they are in season, if that). How long ago did it happen?

Yep. We met at college. It was my sophomore year and his freshman year. He was pretty awkward but in an endearing way. I actually wanted to date him till I found out he was gay. But he's my best friend in the world and so I wouldn't change anything

And these are the same nephews as at the birthday party  They are the closest thing I have to nephews since I'm an only child. We hope to visit them again sometime soon! It was really great this last time to actually be able to run around and play with them since I'm in so much better shape 

I feel so much happier than I have all week now that I've exercised and have finally gotten a few decent nights of sleep!!

That's so sweet!!

I'm totally with you on the wonderfulness of being able to play around with them. You'll see, it'll be even better next time you visit ;)

I also forgot to share. I got weighed when I went to the doctor on Tues. (I don't keep a scale at my apartment) I was 176lbs! ( was 186 at the beginning of March) I'm obviously much more concerned with body comp than weight but I definitely feel like I've gained muscle, so I'm hoping that most of the weight loss was fat.

Yay!!! Congrats on the fat loss!!!! So happy for you!! :triumphant:

It was honestly really hard to motivate myself to go on the bike ride. While I was really excited to get back to exercising, part of me was really nervous that I would feel awful or that I would get dizzy on the bike ride. I know that the treatment is supposed to help the dizziness. Its hard to tell if its helped much since I have BPPV in both ears and they can only treat one ear at a time.

Once I got out there though I felt great. I still didn't push myself super hard though. I wanted to make sure I was okay since I was on the ride by myself. My roommate and I plan to go on a longer ride tomorrow

That's wonderful news! It's helping! Yay!!! :D

Look forward to hearing how it goes today

The workout went really well. I definitely noticed a huge difference in my push-ups after doing GTG for a week. I need to figure out a lower surface in my apartment to try pushups on now. It will require some thinking  

I did feel like I regressed some with my lying abductions. Not sure why. Planks were rough too. But I'm sure I will be fine in a few days. I didn't regress nearly as much as I feared (Though I have felt bloated and less thin, but I generally thinner when I've been working out, it may be a mental thing as much as anything else, lol)

Well done on your workout and pushups! That's fantastic! And see, your hard work is paying off!

Usually getting medical treatment does f$$ up your system for a little while (hence the feeling of bloatedness) + you didn't get to workout which obviously plays a part in your tiny regression. Give it a couple of days and you'll be back to normal

I'm super proud of you Sam!

(grrr hate the emoticon limit!)

Saturday's Workout (April 27, 2013)

Bike Ride: 9.04 mi (41m:03s)

Stretching: 8 min

Chin-up Hold (1 foot on chair): 3 for 5 sec each

Forearm Curl R(L):

Resistance Bands: 10(10)/10(10)/10(10)

8 lb dumbbell: 10(10)

Single Leg Calf Raises R(L): 10(10)/10(10)

Wrist Extensions R(L):

Bottle of Water: 10(10)

Jar of Peanut Butter: 10(10)

Bottle of Powerade: 15(15)

Felt absolutely amazing after the bike ride. My roommate went with me and for the first time EVER I was in better shape than him. Which made me feel a little bit good about myself. And hopefully will motivate him to exercise more. 

I felt so great when I got back that I decided to do some of the things that I had been meaning to try for a while and never seemed to get around to. For the chin-up holds I stand on a chair and grab the bar as if I'm at the upper part of the chin up and then try to hold myself there. I'm sooooo close to being able to take all my weight off my legs.

Worked on forearm strength. I think I liked the forearm curls better with the dumbbells. Also tried the wrist extensions. The 8 lb dumbbells were too heavy. The bottle of water was too light. The jar of peanut butter seemed to work relatively well, unfortunately it will get lighter as time goes along, not heavier. Lol. After some further investigation the bottle of powerade was a pretty good weight. I will continue to play with this as I have time.

Also did some calf work. Not quite to the point where I can do full ROM with single legs (standing on an elevated surface) so I stuck to doing them on the floor. Haven't done any in months so I was happy with how they went.

Goal #4 - Cleaning

Cleaning is going surprisingly well considering how crazy my week was. It makes a great break when working on homework :D I still can't believe how much of that time goes to dishes related activities considering the fact that we have a dishwasher. But it has to be loaded and unloaded and then there are the things that can't go in the dishwasher and the pans for eggs that we use everyday (we don't run the dishwasher everyday and the dishwasher does an abysmal job removing the egg at any rate)

Also had to move all of our plant buckets off our balcony :( It looks sad without them. And of course we had to do it on Thursday because they had to come paint the balcony on Friday. So there went all of Thursday afternoon.

Goal #5 - House Hunting

Went to the leasing office of the company where most of our top choices were. We really like the guy who runs the company. Unfortunately our top choices ended up not being so great. But he gave us two others to consider. We drove to each of them and checked out the outside and the location. Hopefully we can go see the insides next week. They are a little farther away from town than we would prefer but since its so late in the school year there aren't as many options.

Ouch! That sounds like a tricky situation... Hopefully it's all good now

And good like with your finals, I'll have my fingers crossed for you ;)

Hopefully it is  :peaceful: My business partner is supposed to have a talk with the person in question this weekend. I just hope he doesn't chicken out. Lol. He'd only chicken out because he's a super nice person, and hates doing things that he knows will upset other people, even if it needs to be done. I'm the same way so I completely understand.

And I'd take finals to group projects any day  :playful: 

And that's awful :( It's such a sad thing that they gave up on the idea and are stuck with tasteless tomatoes (it's the same here btw unless they are in season, if that). How long ago did it happen?

A couple summers ago. The tomatoes we were growing on our balcony were enough for us but not really enough for me to take many home to my family. I'm hoping once we get into our new house we can grow enough that I can share some with them. I also hope to get some from the farmer's market to take to them this summer.

I'm totally with you on the wonderfulness of being able to play around with them. You'll see, it'll be even better next time you visit

I hope it will be better! I can go back to picking them up and running around with them :D Its funny because even when I was 'broken' I was still more active in playing with them than my roommate's brother and his boyfriend were. And at food time they always fight over who gets to sit next to my roommate and me  :welcoming: 

Usually getting medical treatment does f$$ up your system for a little while (hence the feeling of bloatedness) + you didn't get to workout which obviously plays a part in your tiny regression. Give it a couple of days and you'll be back to normal

I'm super proud of you Sam!

(grrr hate the emoticon limit!)

I'm sure PMS week hasn't helped my bloatedness either. Lol. But I feel a ton better today after my amazing bike ride :D My body feels so much better when biking is a part of my routine  :biggrin-new: And I think it looks better too!

And I hate the emoticon limit too!! Especially when I'm replying to you. Lol

Mini-Challenge #2

So because of my forced 3 days of rest I decided not to participate in the mini-challenge. Mobility work is not particularly strenuous, but I needed to remain upright as much as possible and didn't want to try and test my limits. It was easier for me not to do anything at all for those three days because I know if I started, I would have over done it.

All that being said, I decided to give the 10 min squat a go tonight. And I did it!! I couldn't believe it. Not only did I do it, but my feet were flat on the floor the whole time and my feet were parallel and not rotated out. I definitely was feeling it but I distracted myself by watching more MobilityWOD videos and the 10 min was up before I knew it. Yay!!

Saturday's Workout (April 27, 2013)

Bike Ride: 9.04 mi (41m:03s)

Stretching: 8 min

Chin-up Hold (1 foot on chair): 3 for 5 sec each

Forearm Curl R(L):

Resistance Bands: 10(10)/10(10)/10(10)

8 lb dumbbell: 10(10)

Single Leg Calf Raises R(L): 10(10)/10(10)

Wrist Extensions R(L):

Bottle of Water: 10(10)

Jar of Peanut Butter: 10(10)

Bottle of Powerade: 15(15)

Felt absolutely amazing after the bike ride. My roommate went with me and for the first time EVER I was in better shape than him. Which made me feel a little bit good about myself. And hopefully will motivate him to exercise more. 

I felt so great when I got back that I decided to do some of the things that I had been meaning to try for a while and never seemed to get around to. For the chin-up holds I stand on a chair and grab the bar as if I'm at the upper part of the chin up and then try to hold myself there. I'm sooooo close to being able to take all my weight off my legs.

Worked on forearm strength. I think I liked the forearm curls better with the dumbbells. Also tried the wrist extensions. The 8 lb dumbbells were too heavy. The bottle of water was too light. The jar of peanut butter seemed to work relatively well, unfortunately it will get lighter as time goes along, not heavier. Lol. After some further investigation the bottle of powerade was a pretty good weight. I will continue to play with this as I have time.

Also did some calf work. Not quite to the point where I can do full ROM with single legs (standing on an elevated surface) so I stuck to doing them on the floor. Haven't done any in months so I was happy with how they went.

Goal #4 - Cleaning

Cleaning is going surprisingly well considering how crazy my week was. It makes a great break when working on homework :D I still can't believe how much of that time goes to dishes related activities considering the fact that we have a dishwasher. But it has to be loaded and unloaded and then there are the things that can't go in the dishwasher and the pans for eggs that we use everyday (we don't run the dishwasher everyday and the dishwasher does an abysmal job removing the egg at any rate)

Also had to move all of our plant buckets off our balcony :( It looks sad without them. And of course we had to do it on Thursday because they had to come paint the balcony on Friday. So there went all of Thursday afternoon.

Goal #5 - House Hunting

Went to the leasing office of the company where most of our top choices were. We really like the guy who runs the company. Unfortunately our top choices ended up not being so great. But he gave us two others to consider. We drove to each of them and checked out the outside and the location. Hopefully we can go see the insides next week. They are a little farther away from town than we would prefer but since its so late in the school year there aren't as many options.

You did amazing Sam! SO proud of you!!! And big fat woot for being in better shape than your roommie!! :P That's totally awesome!!!!

Well done also with sticking with the cleaning despite everything. It really seems to be a habit now and something you like doing. :)

Sorry to hear your top houses weren't so great :( Hopefully the new ones will be perfect for you guys. Fingers crossed!

A couple summers ago. The tomatoes we were growing on our balcony were enough for us but not really enough for me to take many home to my family. I'm hoping once we get into our new house we can grow enough that I can share some with them. I also hope to get some from the farmer's market to take to them this summer.

Wow! It really has shocked them a lot for them to still refuse to grow some themselves :( That is incredibly sad.

It's really nice of you to think along those lines :) Do you visit your grandparents very often?

I hope it will be better! I can go back to picking them up and running around with them Its funny because even when I was 'broken' I was still more active in playing with them than my roommate's brother and his boyfriend were. And at food time they always fight over who gets to sit next to my roommate and me 

I'm sure it will! You are doing everything for it so there is no reason for it not to happen! :P

And yay for being active even when completely "broken". The kids can really feel that you want to play and be with them, no wonder they fight over who gets to sit next to you ;)

I'm sure PMS week hasn't helped my bloatedness either. Lol. But I feel a ton better today after my amazing bike ride  My body feels so much better when biking is a part of my routine  And I think it looks better too!

And I hate the emoticon limit too!! Especially when I'm replying to you. Lol

That indeed would do it alone!! lol.

I'm so glad you feel so good and had such an amazing ride! Can you feel any dizziness changes?!

And same here, I always get the emoticon limit message when replying to you!! :P

All that being said, I decided to give the 10 min squat a go tonight. And I did it!! I couldn't believe it. Not only did I do it, but my feet were flat on the floor the whole time and my feet were parallel and not rotated out. I definitely was feeling it but I distracted myself by watching more MobilityWOD videos and the 10 min was up before I knew it. Yay!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!! You totally rock!!! Well done!!!!!

wow...WOw...WOw...WOW!!! This is quite possible one of the coolest updates I've ever read!!!!! Seeing how happy you are just brings a HUGE smile to my face!! :) Thank you for the 3500 total pts, that almost seems too generous, but I will gladly accept it! And I will always say nice things about you Sammie, you're a wonderful person threw and threw ;) You look awesome in your interview pic, btw. The color combos and all just makes ya look...BEA-utiful, lol, if I can be totally honest. And I think all of the nerd fitness fam would agree! I really hope you enjoy Wreck-it-Ralph, too!!

Congratz on the other job for the Summer, thats great to hear! And, it'll help you with you business, now! Knocking 2 birds out with one stone...smart..very, very smart Sammie :) And look at you loosing all that weight! 

Like I said...this may be the best update on here I've seen..EVER. It just makes me smile so big to know you're doing better and kickin ass again!! Im very proud of you, Sammie  :triumphant:

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Awesome with the 10 minute sqaut!!  You're do so well with the challenge especially getting back in to it after the dizziness things.  WOOHOO!   :D

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Sounds like you had a couple great workouts!  How is the dizziness?

And congrats on the 10 minute squat!  You beat me with this one.  :)  I couldn't get all the way down, keep my feet parallel, and keep my heels on the ground.  To keep my feet flat, I had to point out my toes.  Or, if I kept my feet parallel, my heels popped off of the ground.

And these are the same nephews as at the birthday party :D They are the closest thing I have to nephews since I'm an only child. We hope to visit them again sometime soon! It was really great this last time to actually be able to run around and play with them since I'm in so much better shape  :victorious:

Don't forget to take them to the playground, so you can play too!  You get so many fewer weird looks if you're playing around on the playground equipment *with* kids than you do if you're by yourself.  ;)

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines