There and Back Again - A Half-Elf's Tale by Sammiejune29

Still alive. My body rebelled against me today. And the weather didn't help. So now I'm going to bed cause I was tired 2 hours ago (but I was looking up house stuff to respond to the rental company we met with on Friday).

More updates tomorrow. (but don't worry too much, I'm not sad, cause I know that this week will be amazing :D)

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

So shark week came to bite on Sunday which was less than fun. Plus my stomach was really upset for some unknown and separate reason. And the weather was rainy and overcast and awful. So no exercising got done. But I'm okay with that cause there was nothing that I could have done so I just took it easy.

Monday's Workout (April 29, 2013)
Bike Ride: 12.4 miles in 55m:37s

So Monday was still overcast but warm. I trusted my phone when it said it wasn't going to rain (and it didn't, yay!) and went on a long bike ride with my roommate. I didn't stretch after we got back cause we only had 45 min for both of us to shower before we had to meet our business partner for dinner. We had an awesome dinner with him. It was our Monday night board meeting :D And then I went to bed early cause shark week makes me extra tired.

I plan to go on a short bike ride (5 mi) and then do a BW workout after taking my poor roommate to the doctor. He did something to a muscle in his back and now can't move without intense pain. :(

Also, hopefully this week I will get my week in review post up earlier than Thursday or Friday. Lol

You did amazing Sam! SO proud of you!!! And big fat woot for being in better shape than your roommie!! :tongue: That's totally awesome!!!!

Well done also with sticking with the cleaning despite everything. It really seems to be a habit now and something you like doing.

Congrats!!!!!!!!! You totally rock!!! Well done!!!!!

*enormous bone crushing hugs*
I hope you feel better soon

Thanks so much Chris!!! Your comments always make me smile :D *epic hugs*

Sorry to hear your top houses weren't so great.  Hopefully the new ones will be perfect for you guys. Fingers crossed!

Yep. We are still looking. None of our secondary choices are panning out either. But we are considering living at a group of townhouses with community gardens. Its not quite everything that we wanted but its cheaper than a lot of the other places we are considering and not as far away. Right now cost may be more of a determining factor for next year than anything else. But I'm still working on it. Lol

Wow! It really has shocked them a lot for them to still refuse to grow some themselves That is incredibly sad.
It's really nice of you to think along those lines Do you visit your grandparents very often?

When I'm home I usually stay at their house. My mom works at 6 am so its much nicer to wake up to a lovely breakfast cooked by my grandma than an empty house. They live less than a 5 min drive from my mom's house and my mom is over there a lot when I'm home. I'm much closer to them than I am my dad. They took care of a me a lot after my parents divorced (I was 3 at the time)

I'm sure it will! You are doing everything for it so there is no reason for it not to happen! :tongue:
And yay for being active even when completely "broken". The kids can really feel that you want to play and be with them, no wonder they fight over who gets to sit next to you ;)

:) I can't wait to have kids of my own some day!! I just have to find a husband first. Lol

That indeed would do it alone!! lol.
I'm so glad you feel so good and had such an amazing ride! Can you feel any dizziness changes?!

I think I can. Its hard to tell cause I had the problem in both ears and he only treated one. But I think its better. It certainly seems less severe. We will have to wait and see how the second treatment goes before I have a better idea, but I'm hopeful :D

how are you feeling Sam? Any better?

Much much better!! :D And thanks for checking up!! *more hugs* cause one can never have too many hugs :D

wow...WOw...WOw...WOW!!! This is quite possible one of the coolest updates I've ever read!!!!! Seeing how happy you are just brings a HUGE smile to my face!! :) Thank you for the 3500 total pts, that almost seems too generous, but I will gladly accept it! And I will always say nice things about you Sammie, you're a wonderful person threw and threw ;) You look awesome in your interview pic, btw. The color combos and all just makes ya look...BEA-utiful, lol, if I can be totally honest. And I think all of the nerd fitness fam would agree! I really hope you enjoy Wreck-it-Ralph, too!!

Congratz on the other job for the Summer, thats great to hear! And, it'll help you with you business, now! Knocking 2 birds out with one stone...smart..very, very smart Sammie :) And look at you loosing all that weight! 

Like I said...this may be the best update on here I've seen..EVER. It just makes me smile so big to know you're doing better and kickin ass again!! Im very proud of you, Sammie  :triumphant:

WOLF

Awwwwwwww :D :D Thanks!!!!!

That's awesome!! Glad to spread the happiness  :triumphant:

And thanks! I looked great and I got the job :D Who could ask for more from a job interview? ;)

I can't wait to catch up on your thread and see all the awesome things I'm sure you've been doing  :victorious:

Awesome with the 10 minute sqaut!!  You're do so well with the challenge especially getting back in to it after the dizziness things.  WOOHOO!   :D

Thanks Elder!! I love nerd fitness cause it helps me get through the bad times and inspired me to get back into working out with  a vengeance ;)

And same here, I always get the emoticon limit message when replying to you!! :tongue:

TOO.  MANY.  SMILES. ;)

Congrats on the 10 min. squat!  I'm glad you decided to participate as much as you could.

No such thing as too many smiles :D

And thanks!! I wanted to get something in so I figured why not try, even if I only got a few min. But I did it!  :)

Sounds like you had a couple great workouts!  How is the dizziness?

And congrats on the 10 minute squat!  You beat me with this one.    I couldn't get all the way down, keep my feet parallel, and keep my heels on the ground.  To keep my feet flat, I had to point out my toes.  Or, if I kept my feet parallel, my heels popped off of the ground.

Don't forget to take them to the playground, so you can play too!  You get so many fewer weird looks if you're playing around on the playground equipment *with* kids than you do if you're by yourself.  ;)

Dizziness seems to be somewhat improved but he could only treat one ear at a time so I won't know the full extent of the success until after the next appointment.

Even though my feet were parallel and on the floor I'm not sure my back was in a great position. It still requires more scrutiny. Lol

If only they lived closer I'd take them to the playground all the time!! :D

Wow! You have been up to quite the amazing stuff! Congrats on the job and all the great workouts!

And very cute outfit too :)

Thanks!! :D Despite everything its been a pretty good week!!

I got 103/100 on the 25 page paper I wrote last weekend!!! He said that we could get extra credit if one group member had to go above and beyond to compensate for the rest of the group!! I'm so excited I just had to share :D

This means I got an A in the class! I was right on the line between A and A- all semester so I'm super ecstatic!!!  :victorious:

Week 2 Update

In the middle of the night when I was on watch the bear came back with some of his friends. Everyone ended up somewhat injured and I got a concussion! We managed to hobble to a nearby cave to set up camp. We knew we were going to be here recovering for quite a few days and needed a place that was more defensible. I stayed up on watch duty for the rest of the night and the full next day. Finally, I was so tired but I couldn't stay awake anymore and passed out.

The next few days were a blur of nausea, sleeping and the occasional snack. Finally everyone was recovered enough to venture forth from our cave. We made about 5 miles towards our destination which was a good start considering none of us were at 100% yet. But it was the perfect day for being out and about. Nice warm sun, nice cool breeze. Couldn't have been more pleasant :D That night all of us worked our poor sad muscles but felt great afterwards. We all couldn't wait to continue on our way!

The next day the weather was even more beautiful (if that was even possible) and we made it 9 miles. I couldn't believe the wonderful pace!! Found a lovely grotto to set up our next camp.

It was a good thing that we found a good campsite as we all ended up with food poisoning from some berries we found along the way. It was just a miserable day for all concerned. At least I got some time to do some more drawings of my new home :D

In other words...

Goal #1 - Bike 150 Miles

5.34 + 9.04 + (12.81 from last week) = 27.19 (18.13%)

- A little behind on this goal from the dizziness treatment but I'm confident that I can catch up :D It just means riding 30 miles a week instead of 25.

Goal #2 - Workout 4 days per week (at least 2 BW, 1 cardio/interval)

Fri - Bike Ride & BW Workout

Sat - Bike Ride

- Only 2 workouts this week because of the dizziness treatment and the mandatory 3 days of rest, but I'm going to look at total number of days at the end of the challenge, so I can make up missed days other weeks

Goal #3 - Track Calories on FitBit

- Enter in calories everyday before bed (7/7)

- At least 3,500 cal under for the week (3,847 deficit for the week)

- This week was definitely more difficult as far as this goal was concerned

- It was difficult to adjust to eating less since I was so much less active

Goal #4 - Clean 15 min/day (7/7)

- Pretty sure I cleaned everyday though I didn't keep track as well as usual due to the craziness of the week

Goal #5 - Week 2 - E-mail landlords for appointments

- Since all of our top choices were with the same company we went in to see them

- Unfortunately all our top choices either weren't available or had something wrong with them that eliminated them

- So still looking, but still full points for effort

Mini-challenge #2 - Didn't participate much due to forced rest, but did do the 10-minute squat so that's something :D

So shark week came to bite on Sunday which was less than fun. Plus my stomach was really upset for some unknown and separate reason. And the weather was rainy and overcast and awful. So no exercising got done. But I'm okay with that cause there was nothing that I could have done so I just took it easy.

Monday's Workout (April 29, 2013)

Bike Ride: 12.4 miles in 55m:37s

So Monday was still overcast but warm. I trusted my phone when it said it wasn't going to rain (and it didn't, yay!) and went on a long bike ride with my roommate. I didn't stretch after we got back cause we only had 45 min for both of us to shower before we had to meet our business partner for dinner. We had an awesome dinner with him. It was our Monday night board meeting  And then I went to bed early cause shark week makes me extra tired.

I plan to go on a short bike ride (5 mi) and then do a BW workout after taking my poor roommate to the doctor. He did something to a muscle in his back and now can't move without intense pain.

Awesome ride!!!! And quite fast too! :)

I hope your roommate is better and the pain's gone down...

Oh and shark week?! Made me laugh so much it hurt!

Yep. We are still looking. None of our secondary choices are panning out either. But we are considering living at a group of townhouses with community gardens. Its not quite everything that we wanted but its cheaper than a lot of the other places we are considering and not as far away. Right now cost may be more of a determining factor for next year than anything else. But I'm still working on it. Lol

So sorry to hear the secondary choices aren't working out either, that sucks :(

The group of townhouses sounds nice though, I like the idea of community gardens, it's just a bit shitty for the chickens though as I imagine you wouldn't be allowed to have any... :-/

In any case, I'm sure you'll find something nice where you'll feel at home :)

When I'm home I usually stay at their house. My mom works at 6 am so its much nicer to wake up to a lovely breakfast cooked by my grandma than an empty house. They live less than a 5 min drive from my mom's house and my mom is over there a lot when I'm home. I'm much closer to them than I am my dad. They took care of a me a lot after my parents divorced (I was 3 at the time)

It's nice that you're so close to your grandparents and that they were here for you when you were a kid :) Mine were 3000km away so I only saw them once a year if that. I'm super close to my grandfather though, he's awesome!! :P

I can't wait to have kids of my own some day!! I just have to find a husband first. Lol

Haha! Good luck with the hunt! ;)

That being said, you're going to be such a great mom some day, I'm sure of it :)

I think I can. Its hard to tell cause I had the problem in both ears and he only treated one. But I think its better. It certainly seems less severe. We will have to wait and see how the second treatment goes before I have a better idea, but I'm hopeful

That's wonderful news!!!!! When are you getting your next treatment? Will it be for the other ear or does each ear require several treatments?

one can never have too many hugs

I couldn't agree more! :P

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Awesome updates!! Kickass on the A in your class, very well done! I'm pleased to hear about the progress with the vertigo too, cuz any good news is great when it comes to getting you back to tip-top shape!

Quick point, Chris said you were gonna be a great mom one day, and I 100% concur! You and your family will be able to go on bike rides together..!! I just got a cool image of that, lol :)

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Awesome ride!!!! And quite fast too!

I hope your roommate is better and the pain's gone down...

I was super happy with the time. :D And my roommate was happy with it too! He's glad we are much more at the same level now with biking!

They gave him some muscle relaxers so that should help. And the doctor didn't think it was anything serious. He just needs a few days to heal.

Oh and shark week?! Made me laugh so much it hurt!

This comes from HappieNumber so I can't take credit for it. Lol

So sorry to hear the secondary choices aren't working out either, that sucks

The group of townhouses sounds nice though, I like the idea of community gardens, it's just a bit shitty for the chickens though as I imagine you wouldn't be allowed to have any... :-/

In any case, I'm sure you'll find something nice where you'll feel at home 

Yeah, we figure if we can't get what we want we might as well save some money for a year. Then next year we can get what we want, including chickens! But I might still be able to have teeny tiny turtles in the new place which would be nice :D We have an appointment to check it out on Friday.

It's nice that you're so close to your grandparents and that they were here for you when you were a kid Mine were 3000km away so I only saw them once a year if that. I'm super close to my grandfather though, he's awesome!! :tongue:

It was really awesome. I was super lucky. It was really nice never having to come home to an empty house after school or have to heat up crappy food in the microwave for dinner cause no one was there to cook for me. Even in high school it was nice to stop by and hang out with them after school. :D

Haha! Good luck with the hunt! ;)

That being said, you're going to be such a great mom some day, I'm sure of it 

Haha. Some days I feel like I need luck. Basically the only part of my life that doesn't absolutely rock is the love life part. This town is great when you are in college cause there are a ton of college age students and its a great place to live when you are married and have a family but its more difficult when you are in between. My business partner and I were having this exact same discussion a couple weeks ago.

Now you might say "Sam, isn't 23 still college age?" But my problem is that I find most of the college boys here terribly immature which makes them less attractive. A lot of them just want to go out and get drunk all the time and aren't interested in the things that I'm doing, like starting a business. So yeah. lol. I'm sure there are worthwhile guys around, its just a matter of finding them. Haha

That's wonderful news!!!!! When are you getting your next treatment? Will it be for the other ear or does each ear require several treatments?

I'm pretty sure that the next treatment will be on the other ear and then I think he's going to re-evaluate both sides a few more weeks after my next appointment to see if either requires more treatments. Many cases can be fully treated with one treatment for each ear so I'm hopeful but trying not to get my hopes up too much just in case. :D

Awesome updates!! Kickass on the A in your class, very well done! I'm pleased to hear about the progress with the vertigo too, cuz any good news is great when it comes to getting you back to tip-top shape!

Quick point, Chris said you were gonna be a great mom one day, and I 100% concur! You and your family will be able to go on bike rides together..!! I just got a cool image of that, lol :)

WOLF

Aww. Thanks! Good news is indeed great!! Wonderful even ;)

Going on bike rides with my future kids sounds amazing :D Hope your little ones are doing well! You seem like you are a great father to them! I can see how much you adore them just by the way that you talk about them  :victorious:

Beautiful day! Wonderful bike ride!! Happy Sammie :D

Tuesday's Workout (April 30, 2013) - holy crow!! I can't believe its May

(my workout was on April 30 but as it was after midnight, I got confused, oops, lol, all fixed now ;))
Bike Ride 5.26 miles in 22m:38s
3 Circuits (45 min, 15:54, 13:54, 12:57)
Lying Abduction Left: 35/35/35
Inclined Push-Ups (countertop): 12/11/10
Lying Abduction Right: 35/35/35
Resistance Band Pull-Backs: 20/20/20
Wall Sits: 35s/35s/35s
Forearm Curl 8lbs R(L): 16(16)/16(16)/16(16)
Single Leg Calf Raise R(L): 20(20)/20(20)/15(15)
Wrist Extensions (powerade bottle) R(L): 16(16)/16(16)/16(16)
Plank: 55s/53s/50s
Stretches (10 min)

Great workout after I got home from my bike ride. Added in some forearm and calf stuff just cause I felt like it today. Not sure if its there to stay or not. Nothing else much to report. Except that my left leg is definitely weaker when it comes to calf raises.

Trivia tonight was awesome but also sad cause it was the last. Got there almost 2 hours early and still didn't have a table. But at least we had a couple seats at the bar so I couldn't complain too much. Also wish more of our team could have been there but alas. It was just a wonderful night and I'm in a great mood. And now I'm going to study for my accounting final :D (even though its 1 am here, I'm wired, lol)

Great progress so far.  Looks like you're gonna have an "A" on your challenge to go with that class. ;)

Thanks!! I'd love an A for the challenge. I just have to earn it first ;)

I can't quite believe it's May either. It doesn't feel like enough time has passed for us to be 5 months into the year, but the calendar doesn't lie.

Great workout. I'll be breaking out the bike soon too, now that it's nice, though not for nearly as long as you. I'm looking forward to not burning fossil fuels to get to and from work.

Dare mighty thingsCurrent Challenge

Wenesday's Workout (May 1, 2013 - for real this time, lol)
Bike Ride: 1.93 mi in 8m:3s

Jogging: 0.12 mi in 1m:15s

My bike ride was cut short by a piece of glass!! (ie: flat tire) As I didn't have a spare inner tube or patches or even a way to get my back tire off, my roommate came and picked me up. (these things are things we are remedying for the future) He was cranky, I was cranky which is never a good combination. But we got through it and he helped me patch the tire and so hopefully I can do it all myself next time. Also I now have a spare inner tube and tire changing kit in a bag under my seat. Now the only thing we still have to do is move his extra pump from his mountain bike to my bike.

Also, tried to jog while I was waiting for my roommate to come pick me up. It was unsuccessful since I was not wearing a sports bra. Sports bras are much more necessary for running than biking. Lol (I was wearing a bra, just not one of my heavy duty sports ones, they hurt my shoulders if I wear them for too long)

We watched Spaceballs after that cause I needed something absurd to take my mind off of things.

The semester is over which is great. But its going to take some getting used to. Have to figure out my new routine. Also my routine will be regularly disrupted when I go home to visit my family.

Those three days off plus all the final projects and crazy sleep schedules have had me a little off. I'm getting most of what I need to get done everyday, but not all. Like yesterday, I went on an awesome bike ride and had an amazing body weight workout but then by the time I got home after midnight (because of trivia), I decided I needed the sleep before my finals more than I needed to clean my apartment. Plus things like taking my roommate to the doctor have been unexpected time drains. Plus we are still trying to find a place to live next year which is stressful. 

I'm getting through it, today was just one of those days.

So now I'm watching Back to the Future Part 3 and catching up on Nerd Fitness which is always a good night :D

I can't quite believe it's May either. It doesn't feel like enough time has passed for us to be 5 months into the year, but the calendar doesn't lie.

Great workout. I'll be breaking out the bike soon too, now that it's nice, though not for nearly as long as you. I'm looking forward to not burning fossil fuels to get to and from work.

I think part of my confusion comes from not being used to semesters. Lol.

Thats awesome!! I can walk most places I need to go :D My biggest problem with commuting places on my bike is that I like wearing dresses too much. Lol 

hey! how's your roommate doing?

He's doing much much better and appreciates you asking :D

He took a hot shower and did some gentle stretching which seemed to help. The muscles relaxers were also good. He's still not up to bike rides yet but he can at least make it through the day which is big improvement :D

Wenesday's Workout (May 1, 2013 - for real this time, lol)

Bike Ride: 1.93 mi in 8m:3s

Jogging: 0.12 mi in 1m:15s

My bike ride was cut short by a piece of glass!! (ie: flat tire) As I didn't have a spare inner tube or patches or even a way to get my back tire off, my roommate came and picked me up. (these things are things we are remedying for the future) He was cranky, I was cranky which is never a good combination. But we got through it and he helped me patch the tire and so hopefully I can do it all myself next time. Also I now have a spare inner tube and tire changing kit in a bag under my seat. Now the only thing we still have to do is move his extra pump from his mountain bike to my bike.

Also, tried to jog while I was waiting for my roommate to come pick me up. It was unsuccessful since I was not wearing a sports bra. Sports bras are much more necessary for running than biking. Lol (I was wearing a bra, just not one of my heavy duty sports ones, they hurt my shoulders if I wear them for too long)

That sucks for your bike! Way to ruin a perfectly good ride :(

I'm glad your roommate could come pick you up and save the day despite the back aches and crankiness :D And LOVE that you decided to jog while waiting (however unsuccessful the attempt), that's the spirit!!!

And your totally right, running without a sports bra is just the worst possible thing you can do!!!

The semester is over which is great. But its going to take some getting used to. Have to figure out my new routine. Also my routine will be regularly disrupted when I go home to visit my family.

Those three days off plus all the final projects and crazy sleep schedules have had me a little off. I'm getting most of what I need to get done everyday, but not all. Like yesterday, I went on an awesome bike ride and had an amazing body weight workout but then by the time I got home after midnight (because of trivia), I decided I needed the sleep before my finals more than I needed to clean my apartment. Plus things like taking my roommate to the doctor have been unexpected time drains. Plus we are still trying to find a place to live next year which is stressful. 

I'm getting through it, today was just one of those days.

How did the finals go? You kicked ass (as always), didn't you?! Don't lie, I know you did! :P

Don't beat yourself up for not doing any cleaning or whatnot, real life obligations are what's most important. Especially more important than 15 minutes of cleaning. I'm not talking about slacking off 99% of the time, but you've been so dedicated, missing one workout or a day of cleaning because you have finals or are out having a great evening or even have to care for your roommate isn't the end of the world. So please, don't beat yourself up!

So now I'm watching Back to the Future Part 3 and catching up on Nerd Fitness which is always a good night :D

ENJOY!!!!

I really love the 3rd movie, it's so awesome!!! :D

He's doing much much better and appreciates you asking :D

He took a hot shower and did some gentle stretching which seemed to help. The muscles relaxers were also good. He's still not up to bike rides yet but he can at least make it through the day which is big improvement :D

Ohh!! so happy to hear!!! :D

It must have been such terrible pain if "making it through the day" is a big improvement... I really hope he gets better soon :)

Ofc I'm asking, I've actually started to care about him you know, through you and how much you care about him! :)

Thursday's Workout (May 2, 2013)
Bike Ride: 5.29 mi in 22m:29s
3 Circuits (49 min 16:53, 14:11, 13:51)
Right Leg Lunges: 10/10/10
Left Leg Lunges: 10/10/10
Inclined Push-ups (countertop): 12/10/10
Clam R(L): 40(40)/40(40)/40(40)
Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs: 10/10/10
Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs: 10/10/10
Wall Sits: 40s/40s/40s
Front Plank: 60s/60s/40s(ish)

Chin-up Holds (5s-ish each, feet on chair, mostly): 3/3/3
Jumping Jacks: 30/30/30
Stretches (10 min)

Absolutely wonderful workout today :D I was really impressed with my dumbbell rows! It might be close to time to up the weight, unfortunately thats the heaviest that I have and I can't afford a larger one atm but I'm keeping it in mind. I remember when it was a struggle to do 5 with the 20 lb weight. And with the chin-up holds I actually got both feet off the chair for about half a second. It may not seem like much, but that's major improvement for me.

I also took progress pics today for the first time since the beginning of the challenge. Sunday was supposed to be my picture day but the first Sunday I was busy writing a 25 page paper and last Sunday I was bloated and had a sad tummy and I knew taking progress photos would make me sad so I didn't. So I took them today. I've very happy with the results. I may post them later. We will see.

The roommate's family is coming in for the weekend so I have some cleaning to do before they get here tomorrow. I also have three meetings tomorrow. One is to check out a house. Another is for another part time job. I'm very excited!

There was definitely more I wanted to say but now I can't remember what it was. This happens at least a couple times a week. Lol

That sucks for your bike! Way to ruin a perfectly good ride :(

I'm glad your roommate could come pick you up and save the day despite the back aches and crankiness And LOVE that you decided to jog while waiting (however unsuccessful the attempt), that's the spirit!!!

And your totally right, running without a sports bra is just the worst possible thing you can do!!!

I know!! I was very sad cause I definitely needed the bike ride. Oh well. I went on a nice one today and now I'm all equipped to deal with a flat tire if it happens again :D

And he's much less cranky today. Lol. If I go running I need a regular bra, with a sports bra on top of it, plus a tanktop. Yep. My boobs are a pain.

How did the finals go? You kicked ass (as always), didn't you?! Don't lie, I know you did! :tongue:

Hopefully they went well :D I got an A on one of them but I haven't found out in my other classes yet. I will definitely let you guys know when I get my grades. The most exciting thing to me is that I actually finished a term!!! That hasn't happened in a while cause of all my health problems. I'm super proud of myself that I got through it and actually did really well!

Don't beat yourself up for not doing any cleaning or whatnot, real life obligations are what's most important. Especially more important than 15 minutes of cleaning. I'm not talking about slacking off 99% of the time, but you've been so dedicated, missing one workout or a day of cleaning because you have finals or are out having a great evening or even have to care for your roommate isn't the end of the world. So please, don't beat yourself up!

Aww. Thanks. I'm not beating myself up too badly. Actually I'm not mad at myself at all. Just feeling a bit "off" trying to get adjusted to the new schedule. In a way its similar to the kind of "off" one might feel with jet-lag. There is a certain rhythm to my life and when the rhythm is off, I'm more likely to miss a note every now and then. Yay for cheesy metaphors.  :victorious:  Lol

ENJOY!!!!

I really love the 3rd movie, it's so awesome!!!

It was definitely what I needed last night after my disappointing bike ride. Lol. Not that I paid a whole lot of attention to it. I spent most of the time catching up on the message boards. Which made me happy as well  :biggrin-new: 

Ohh!! so happy to hear!!!

It must have been such terrible pain if "making it through the day" is a big improvement... I really hope he gets better soon

Ofc I'm asking, I've actually started to care about him you know, through you and how much you care about him!

Today was much better than yesterday for him :D And now he's done with finals too and can relax a bit. And that's so sweet :D You are such an amazing and caring person!! I've said this about a billion time, but I'm so glad I met you!!  :love_heart:

Decided to go ahead and put up the progress pics. These are side by sides of when I first joined Nerd Fitness around February 21, 2013 and now (May 2, 2013)

Front

Side

Back

Posted this in Wolverine's thread but I wanted to put it here too cause its something I've been thinking about:

I also had another realization related to my own weight and image issues that I want to share. I worked very hard over the last few years to have a lot of self-confidence in myself, even if I didn't look exactly like what I wanted to. I felt pretty and that was great. I didn't like pictures of me taken when I was at my heaviest, but day to day I still felt pretty and attractive. Now some days I look in the mirror and I feel like I should see more progress than I do. I know my clothes are looser, I know I'm stronger, so why do I have a hard time seeing it when I look in the mirror. I mean, I've lost 30 lbs in the last 8 months. I think the reason I don't see it, is because when I had that extra weight, I tried to avoid seeing it. Its all very strange for me.

What an awesome workout and a billion congrats on totally kicking ass!!!!! :triumphant:

And don't get me started on your progress pics, they are absolutely amazing!! You have done so incredibly well Sam, I really hope you're very proud of yourself!

Oh and for the record, I know exactly what you mean when you say that you feel you should see more progress because you were avoiding to see the extra weight you had on before. I'm exactly the same way. But don't look back and don't let yourself be disappointed in you, you are on the right track and you are doing it the right way. And truth is, the right way takes time. It's slow, it's painful, but you will absolutely get to where you want to be, you have everything it takes: strength, focus and dedication.

I know!! I was very sad cause I definitely needed the bike ride. Oh well. I went on a nice one today and now I'm all equipped to deal with a flat tire if it happens again

And he's much less cranky today. Lol. If I go running I need a regular bra, with a sports bra on top of it, plus a tanktop. Yep. My boobs are a pain.

I'm glad today's ride made up for it :tongue:

That's a lot of layers! Must be a pain to need both a regular and a sports bra at the same time :( My boobs used to be a pain too but they've shrunk so much, they're not any more! Yay! :D

Hopefully they went well  I got an A on one of them but I haven't found out in my other classes yet. I will definitely let you guys know when I get my grades. The most exciting thing to me is that I actually finished a term!!! That hasn't happened in a while cause of all my health problems. I'm super proud of myself that I got through it and actually did really well!

Oh! That's super duper wonderful!!!! Congrats on both the A and on finishing the term! You really kick ass in every single area Sam!! :D

Do you have a long break now before the beginning of next term or is it just enough to go pay a quick visit to your family?

Aww. Thanks. I'm not beating myself up too badly. Actually I'm not mad at myself at all. Just feeling a bit "off" trying to get adjusted to the new schedule. In a way its similar to the kind of "off" one might feel with jet-lag. There is a certain rhythm to my life and when the rhythm is off, I'm more likely to miss a note every now and then. Yay for cheesy metaphors.   Lol

I'm glad you're not beating yourself up. Just remember that one missed note doesn't ruin the entire symphony :) (Yay fore more cheesy metaphors! :tongue: )

It was definitely what I needed last night after my disappointing bike ride. Lol. Not that I paid a whole lot of attention to it. I spent most of the time catching up on the message boards. Which made me happy as well  

That's it!! You're watching it again tonight!!!! How can you watch Back to the Future without paying attention?!?! I'm very mad at you right now!!! :nightmare:

(That being said, I used to work with either Back to the Future or LotR in the background all the time without watching a single second of them just to feel a bit less lonely)

Today was much better than yesterday for him  And now he's done with finals too and can relax a bit. And that's so sweet You are such an amazing and caring person!! I've said this about a billion time, but I'm so glad I met you!! 

Oh!! I'm so glad to hear!!! :love_heart:

What an awesome workout and a billion congrats on totally kicking ass!!!!! :triumphant:

And don't get me started on your progress pics, they are absolutely amazing!! You have done so incredibly well Sam, I really hope you're very proud of yourself!

Oh and for the record, I know exactly what you mean when you say that you feel you should see more progress because you were avoiding to see the extra weight you had on before. I'm exactly the same way. But don't look back and don't let yourself be disappointed in you, you are on the right track and you are doing it the right way. And truth is, the right way takes time. It's slow, it's painful, but you will absolutely get to where you want to be, you have everything it takes: strength, focus and dedication.

Thanks!! I'm definitely not disappointed. I actually felt a lot better about myself after I had the realization. Cause then everything seemed to make more sense :D The right way definitely takes time, but I'm so happy with the progress I've seen already, especially since I added biking back to my routine. And feeling stronger is the BEST feeling. Not having to ask my roommate to help me move stuff that I definitely couldn't move by myself before feels AMAZING!! I'm just excited :D

That's a lot of layers! Must be a pain to need both a regular and a sports bra at the same time My boobs used to be a pain too but they've shrunk so much, they're not any more! Yay!

Mine have shrunk enough that they are much less of a pain!! I don't need the sports bra when I'm working out now unless I'm running which is great. Plus it should be a lot easier to find clothes that fit now :)

Oh! That's super duper wonderful!!!! Congrats on both the A and on finishing the term! You really kick ass in every single area Sam!!

Do you have a long break now before the beginning of next term or is it just enough to go pay a quick visit to your family?

I don't have class again till the end of August. The summer program for my company doesn't start till the end of May so I have a couple weeks till then. I will definitely be going home and visiting my family some, even during the summer program. And the work for my part-time job can mostly be done online so that's not a problem either. I will still have a lot to do but it will be a nice change of pace once I get adjusted.

I'm glad you're not beating yourself up. Just remember that one missed note doesn't ruin the entire symphony (Yay fore more cheesy metaphors! :tongue: )

That's it!! You're watching it again tonight!!!! How can you watch Back to the Future without paying attention?!?! I'm very mad at you right now!!! :nightmare:

(That being said, I used to work with either Back to the Future or LotR in the background all the time without watching a single second of them just to feel a bit less lonely)

I love putting them on in the background. Much better than nothing being on in the background ;) Then I can look up and see cute faces and laugh at the funny parts :D

Thanks!! I'm definitely not disappointed. I actually felt a lot better about myself after I had the realization. Cause then everything seemed to make more sense The right way definitely takes time, but I'm so happy with the progress I've seen already, especially since I added biking back to my routine. And feeling stronger is the BEST feeling. Not having to ask my roommate to help me move stuff that I definitely couldn't move by myself before feels AMAZING!! I'm just excited

This is exactly what I like to hear!! :triumphant: Go Sam!!

Mine have shrunk enough that they are much less of a pain!! I don't need the sports bra when I'm working out now unless I'm running which is great. Plus it should be a lot easier to find clothes that fit now

Cool :D I always wear a sports bra when working out. It's a reflex and has nothing to do with the size of my boobs :)

I found that proper regular bra were so hard to find, they would either not carry my size (which was never huge) or have granny bras. :(

I don't have class again till the end of August. The summer program for my company doesn't start till the end of May so I have a couple weeks till then. I will definitely be going home and visiting my family some, even during the summer program. And the work for my part-time job can mostly be done online so that's not a problem either. I will still have a lot to do but it will be a nice change of pace once I get adjusted.

Wow! That's a huge break!!

Have you started working on your part time job already? What are your plans for the rest of the month then?

I love putting them on in the background. Much better than nothing being on in the background  Then I can look up and see cute faces and laugh at the funny parts

They are really great to have in the background and I love that I know all of the movies so well I can actually see what's going on without actually looking :D

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines