There and Back Again - A Half-Elf's Tale by Sammiejune29

WOW.  GREAT PROGRESS!!!  It's amazing how far you've come in such a short period of time!  Congratulations!

Thanks Wolverine!! I appreciate it soooo much :D

This is exactly what I like to hear!! :triumphant: Go Sam!!

Cool :D I always wear a sports bra when working out. It's a reflex and has nothing to do with the size of my boobs

I found that proper regular bra were so hard to find, they would either not carry my size (which was never huge) or have granny bras.

Thanks Chris!!

I would wear a sports bra every time I work out but it pulls a lot on my shoulders because my boobs are on the larger size. Lol

And I've had a hard time finding good regular bras in the past. Then I finally found a size/style that I liked and now I have a ton of them. So I use the older ones (the ones I got like 4 or 5 years ago) for working out. The support of that plus a tank top is enough for biking and non-running workouts. But I used to be really frustrated that the only bras I could find in my size weren't cute or sexy at all and only came in white, beige or black. And now I have all kinds of cute colors :D

Wow! That's a huge break!!

Have you started working on your part time job already? What are your plans for the rest of the month then?

They are really great to have in the background and I love that I know all of the movies so well I can actually see what's going on without actually looking :D

I have started doing work for them :D Not a lot yet though. AND I got another part time position. This one will only be 2-4 hours for now but could lead to more in the future. Its with another start-up doing similar organizational type work. I'm super excited!! And not exactly sure what my plans are for the rest of the month! But it definitely includes working and exercising and visiting my family :D

Ofc I'm asking, I've actually started to care about him you know, through you and how much you care about him! :)

My roommate said I could share some pictures of him. His name is Daniel by the way :D

This is Daniel when we did startup weekend in January

IMG 0038

And this is a picture of us from a couple years ago :D

IMG 0618

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Friday's Workout (May 3, 2013)

Bike Ride: 5.30 mi (23m:46s)

Had a very busy day. My roommate Daniel, my business partner and I were interviewed this morning about the summer program for a newsletter. Then Daniel and I went to look at a town house for next year. We have very very mixed feelings about it. Its much much cheaper than what we have now. And it has a basement which is awesome for storage and the basement has a washer & dryer. But we are having disagreements about the bedrooms. One is bigger than the other and has a much bigger closet. And we both want the bigger bedroom with the bigger closet. So I don't know if we are going to take it. Also the kitchen area is really small and awkwardly shaped. But we really like the landlord and the community. We have a lot of decisions to make in this regard.

Then I had another job interview for a part-time position with a different start-up company doing more organizational type work. It'll also be a few hours a week. I'm really excited :D

And then we spent an hour or so cleaning up the apartment before Daniel's family got here for graduation. And then I managed to squeeze in a bike ride before dinner!! It was a good day.

Tomorrow will be super busy. I'm not super hopeful about getting a workout in, but I've already worked out 5 days this week so missing tomorrow is definitely not the end of the world.

A very busy but productive day!

Bummer about the town house.  I hate it when something is in that awkward "not quite right but not wrong enough for a clear decision" space.  Does that even make sense? :D

Congrats on the job!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

5 days, huh? 1 word..badass. OR is that 2? :) It does suck about the town homes..but Wolves is right, sometimes its just not quite the right fit. But, hey, that's ok! You guys, if you decide not to go w/ the town home, will find something better  :untroubled: But hey, maybe you guys will compromise, ya know? Always gotta think posi :) ahhh...thats so much easier to type.. I may just coin the phrase!!

I'm not gonna lie, the basement sounds cool.... I can totally see you setting up a little gym down there depending on the size..? Get some kettbells and a pull-up bar. That should do it hahaha :) or maybe thats just my ideal little basement gym, lol!

Rest up tomorrow, go for a relaxing bike ride on Sunday (if ya have time) and enjoy everything... the scenery, each pedal, the (hopefully) Sun on your back! And good luck w/ the decision  :eagerness:

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I would wear a sports bra every time I work out but it pulls a lot on my shoulders because my boobs are on the larger size. Lol

And I've had a hard time finding good regular bras in the past. Then I finally found a size/style that I liked and now I have a ton of them. So I use the older ones (the ones I got like 4 or 5 years ago) for working out. The support of that plus a tank top is enough for biking and non-running workouts. But I used to be really frustrated that the only bras I could find in my size weren't cute or sexy at all and only came in white, beige or black. And now I have all kinds of cute colors

Oh no! That really sucks :( but yay for cute bras!!! :D

I have started doing work for them Not a lot yet though. AND I got another part time position. This one will only be 2-4 hours for now but could lead to more in the future. Its with another start-up doing similar organizational type work. I'm super excited!! And not exactly sure what my plans are for the rest of the month! But it definitely includes working and exercising and visiting my family

Congrats on the new job!!!! :triumphant: When are you starting? And how is it going with the other one?

In any case, that's absolutely terrific news, you're totally kicking ass Sam!!!! :D

My roommate said I could share some pictures of him. His name is Daniel by the way

This is Daniel when we did startup weekend in January

And this is a picture of us from a couple years ago

It's nice to "meet" him and be able to put a name and face on "your roommate" :D

How is his back btw? All fixed?

Friday's Workout (May 3, 2013)

Bike Ride: 5.30 mi (23m:46s)

Had a very busy day. My roommate Daniel, my business partner and I were interviewed this morning about the summer program for a newsletter. Then Daniel and I went to look at a town house for next year. We have very very mixed feelings about it. Its much much cheaper than what we have now. And it has a basement which is awesome for storage and the basement has a washer & dryer. But we are having disagreements about the bedrooms. One is bigger than the other and has a much bigger closet. And we both want the bigger bedroom with the bigger closet. So I don't know if we are going to take it. Also the kitchen area is really small and awkwardly shaped. But we really like the landlord and the community. We have a lot of decisions to make in this regard.

Then I had another job interview for a part-time position with a different start-up company doing more organizational type work. It'll also be a few hours a week. I'm really excited

And then we spent an hour or so cleaning up the apartment before Daniel's family got here for graduation. And then I managed to squeeze in a bike ride before dinner!! It was a good day.

Tomorrow will be super busy. I'm not super hopeful about getting a workout in, but I've already worked out 5 days this week so missing tomorrow is definitely not the end of the world.

Holy cow that was a crazy day!!

Sorry to hear about the crappy position you're in with the town house... :( Have you talked about it some more and made a decision already?

And awesome bike ride! :D

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Good day even without a workout. (unless you count the walk all the way across town to get to my roommate's graduation on time. Lol) Went way over on my calories cause Daniel's dad took us all out to Ruby Tuesdays after the ceremony. I had ribs and green beans and salad. I would have been fine had it not been for the biscuits and the wine. Oh well. It was definitely a day for celebration :D

Daniel and I had a long talk about the town house. We think we found a solution that will work as far as closets and bedrooms are concerned. We are going to go look at the town house again early next week to make a final decision. We are both feeling much better about it and much less stressed which is good.

Other than that things are good. Either have a trip to the farm (the one I went to a few weeks ago) or a long bike ride planned :D Either way it will be a good day and much less stressful without Daniel's family in town. In a way I'm almost glad I didn't graduate this year because I can't imagine how stressful it would have been having my family here too. Lol

A very busy but productive day!

Bummer about the town house.  I hate it when something is in that awkward "not quite right but not wrong enough for a clear decision" space.  Does that even make sense? :D

Congrats on the job!

Definitely makes a ton of sense!! A lot of things seem to be falling into that category lately. Lol. And thanks!! I'm excited to learn and help these companies :D

5 days, huh? 1 word..badass. OR is that 2? It does suck about the town homes..but Wolves is right, sometimes its just not quite the right fit. But, hey, that's ok! You guys, if you decide not to go w/ the town home, will find something better  :untroubled: But hey, maybe you guys will compromise, ya know? Always gotta think posi :) ahhh...thats so much easier to type.. I may just coin the phrase!!

I'm not gonna lie, the basement sounds cool.... I can totally see you setting up a little gym down there depending on the size..? Get some kettbells and a pull-up bar. That should do it hahaha :) or maybe thats just my ideal little basement gym, lol!

Rest up tomorrow, go for a relaxing bike ride on Sunday (if ya have time) and enjoy everything... the scenery, each pedal, the (hopefully) Sun on your back! And good luck w/ the decision 

WOLF

Thanks thanks thanks!!! 5 days indeed ;) Good to know that I'm badass. Might have to pull out the leather pants I had for Halloween a few years back (I might actually be able to fit into them again, lol)

And the town house is looking much better today. We talked things out and are actually both excited. There are things about it we definitely like (good central air, stairs, washer/dryer, basement storage, ability to plant a garden) Definitely thinking more posi ;)

Lol. And the gym area may not end up being in the basement. But we are already building up a nice little collection of gym equipment. Have a pull up bar and some dumbbells and some resistance bands. Its definitely a start :D

Speaking of sun on my back, I got a little sunburn (its not bad, I hesitate to even call it sunburn cause tomorrow it will just be tan) on my left shoulder but not my right. I think it was from my walk across campus to get to graduation, but its strange. Lol

And wherever we end up I will try to take pics and post them of our new place cause I'm super excited for a change!! (cause the landlords here get more annoying with each passing day, lol)

Congrats on the new job!!!! :triumphant: When are you starting? And how is it going with the other one?

In any case, that's absolutely terrific news, you're totally kicking ass Sam!!!! :D

It's nice to "meet" him and be able to put a name and face on "your roommate" :D

How is his back btw? All fixed?

Holy cow that was a crazy day!!

Sorry to hear about the crappy position you're in with the town house... :( Have you talked about it some more and made a decision already?

Thanks!!! :D *so many hugs*

I have another meeting for the new job on Tuesday so that will be my first "official" day I suppose. Lol. And haven't made a lot of progress with the other one yet but its what I will hopefully be spending some time on tomorrow or Monday.

I find names and faces are usually helpful ;) Lol. And his back is doing much better! Its a little sore still but definitely not painful anymore. I don't think he's going to be winning any body building competitions any time soon but he's definitely back to daily life. And also glad that he got through graduation and his family visiting (which while nice, is also stressful)

Its hard to believe the day was that crazy even though school is over. And today seemed even busier with graduation. I'm looking forward to some low key days. Lol

And we talked about it a lot tonight. Actually had a really good discussion about a lot of things. But Daniel seems much happier and we are much more okay with the idea of living in this townhouse. It may not be everything that we wanted, but there are a lot of great things about it. We will know more after we go see it again *fingers crossed*

You and your hubby ever figure out what you were doing about not having access to all your dressy clothes?

Sunday's Workout (May 5, 2013)

Bike Ride: 17.67 mi (1h:15m:55s)

Stretching: 10 min

New PR for mile time: 3m17s!! A more professional biker passed us and I pushed really hard to try and keep up. We were going around 22 mph for a while, but I couldn't keep it up. Lol. It was still a lot of fun. Then later there were a couple guys in a Kubota utility vehicle. They were driving on the road that goes parallel to the bike path for a while and we were biking as hard as we could to try and keep up. They were only going about 18-20 mph at that point. But it was fun trying to keep up. We saw them a couple more times while we were out. Lol

Then we passed a farm and spent a few min taking a break and watching the cows and sheep and the goat. They looked like very happy animals!

I have some serious work to do for my part time job over the next few days. Other than that bit of stress, life is great :D

Thanks!!! :D *so many hugs*

I have another meeting for the new job on Tuesday so that will be my first "official" day I suppose. Lol. And haven't made a lot of progress with the other one yet but its what I will hopefully be spending some time on tomorrow or Monday.

I find names and faces are usually helpful ;) Lol. And his back is doing much better! Its a little sore still but definitely not painful anymore. I don't think he's going to be winning any body building competitions any time soon but he's definitely back to daily life. And also glad that he got through graduation and his family visiting (which while nice, is also stressful)

Its hard to believe the day was that crazy even though school is over. And today seemed even busier with graduation. I'm looking forward to some low key days. Lol

And we talked about it a lot tonight. Actually had a really good discussion about a lot of things. But Daniel seems much happier and we are much more okay with the idea of living in this townhouse. It may not be everything that we wanted, but there are a lot of great things about it. We will know more after we go see it again *fingers crossed*

You and your hubby ever figure out what you were doing about not having access to all your dressy clothes?

Sorry for being away from your thread all weekend... No real excuse, I just didn't fancy spending any time on the computer which doesn't happen that often...!

Anyway, are you looking forward to Tuesday? Will you be working from their office or is it going to be mostly from home? And did you manage to make some progress with the other job? You really sound more overbooked than a prime minister! :tongue:

Glad to hear Daniel's back is much better, that's awesome! Hope he's back to normal soon :) How did graduation go? You graduated too, right?

It's good that you've figured something out with the town house. And anyway, it'll only be for a year which will go super duper fast :) When are you seeing it again and who's getting the big room?! :D

I'm going to borrow shoes and a dress from a friend and hubby will be borrowing stuff from his cousin though he really hates the idea so we're also talking about maybe just going to get our stuff already and leaving it in a friend's basement until we can move it all again to "our" flat in July. That would also be a great way to see Mr De_maas' sister and her family whom we miss A LOT.

It just feels so stupid to have to go through all of this hassle when we have everything already.... We'll see. I had a mini 2-minute freak out yesterday about the whole situation, I'm really tired of it + we're moving again tomorrow... aaaaarghhh!

Oh and AWESOME for your new PR!!! That's so freaking fast!!!! Well done!!! You must have been SO dead in the end!! Did Daniel bike with you then?

That sounds like a lovely time to set a PR!! Way to go, Sam! I'm also stoked to hear that y'alls decision process went smoothly and with good results! It's awesome to have friends that you can compromise with :)

I was laughing at the whole, one shoulder "sun burn" thing and the same thing happened to me yesterday! I was out practicing a little softball and only got a little burned on my left arm... its actually not bad today..just itches a little lol. But, I, on the other hand, get red and burnt lol...hardly EVER does it turn into a tan, lol! :tan:

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Awesome work Sammie!! inspiring is what you are :)

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Sunday's Workout (May 5, 2013)

Bike Ride: 17.67 mi (1h:15m:55s)

Stretching: 10 min

New PR for mile time: 3m17s!! A more professional biker passed us and I pushed really hard to try and keep up. We were going around 22 mph for a while, but I couldn't keep it up. Lol. It was still a lot of fun. Then later there were a couple guys in a Kubota utility vehicle. They were driving on the road that goes parallel to the bike path for a while and we were biking as hard as we could to try and keep up. They were only going about 18-20 mph at that point. But it was fun trying to keep up. We saw them a couple more times while we were out. Lol

Sounds like you had a great bike ride with some wonderful mileage!  I love the way you turned your ride into a higher intensity interval thing by racing with other bicyclists.  That's a great way to make the higher intensity stuff fun and not a chore. 

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

For this week's mini-challenge I'm conquering procrastination!! Or at least subduing it. Lol

There are things that I need to get done, like stuff for my part time jobs. In order to facilitate getting this stuff done in a more timely manner I'm going to limit things that I want to do/things that are fun until after I do work. Now I find cutting out fun completely till I'm done is bad for my mental health. So my strategy is one of rewards. For instance an hour of work lets me respond to 2 different threads on nerd fitness. Things like that.

In order to get full credit for this mini-challenge I need to:

1) Get all work done for Job A & Job B by the end of the day Friday

2) If I pull an all nighter Thursday night to get this done, I do not get a point

3) I must also put time into looking for housing for next year

4) And time into my own company (this doesn't have to be a lot of time)

5) Plus I can't let working out fall by the way side

Monday's Workout (May 6, 2013)
Warm up: Stairs & Jogging
3 Circuits (45 min 16:34, 13:29, 13:26)
Right Leg Lunges: 10/10/10
Left Leg Lunges: 10/10/10
Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs: 10/10/10
Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs: 10/10/10
Lying Abduction R(L): 30(30)/30(30)/30(30)
Inclined Push-ups (countertop): 12/10/10
Wall Sits: 40s/40s/25s
Front Plank: 60s/60s/60s
Single Leg Calf Raises: 10(10)fullROM/ 20(20)partialROM/ 5(5) pROM
Jumping Jacks: 30/30/30
Stretches (10 min)

It was raining all day so no going to the farm :( No going on a bike ride either.

That being said it was an awesomely productive day. I did a bunch of work for Job A. Did some stuff related to house searches. Did some other stuff I'd been putting off. Plus a bunch of dishes. And watched the new episode of Game of Thrones :D

But I didn't workout till after 11 pm. I had a hard time motivating myself to be active on such a dreary day. It was especially bad cause I didn't have the bike ride to jump start my motivation. Circuit 1 was slow (see times above) but then I got into my rhythm and the rest of the workout went much better. My third set of calf raises was kinda sad but I was so spent by that point that I didn't want to hurt myself so I stopped.

And I wanted to update before bed, but now its sleepy time. And as much as I want to reply to all your lovely comments, that will have to wait till tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, Daniel and I are going to view the town house again. *fingers crossed* that it will work!! Then we just have to scrape the deposit money together. Lol

Awesome procrastination goals! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you! :)

And well done for working out despite not feeling like it, I'm really proud of you :D

Good luck with the viewing, I hope you guys feel happy and "at home" when seeing the town house again. I'll have my fingers crossed for you :)

Great workout, and progress.

Good to see another GoT fan :) Love that show.

GOod luck with the townhouse! Hoping for the best for you

rybo, level 4 Human assassinSTR 16|DEX 7.5|STA 9|CON 12|WIS 8.5|CHA 5 

Town house viewing didn't go so well. The one we were looking at was rented to someone else. Now the only one available when we need it is $100 more per month. Its a much nicer apartment, but still aren't sure if its worth the price difference but we are going to take it so we have some peace of mind about where we are living next year. This one has two large bedrooms, both with big closets, and much more open space downstairs in the living/dining/kitchen area. Its layout is much more open like what we currently have.

Sorry for being away from your thread all weekend... No real excuse, I just didn't fancy spending any time on the computer which doesn't happen that often...!

Its all good :D I'm glad you were away for that reason and not because life was being terribly stressful. Much rather have a busy happy Chris!! *hugs* 

Anyway, are you looking forward to Tuesday? Will you be working from their office or is it going to be mostly from home? And did you manage to make some progress with the other job? You really sound more overbooked than a prime minister!

I think I'm looking forward to it. Lol. The meeting is in less than an hour now. I'm meeting at the office today. Job B seems like I will be working more from their office when I can where Job A is definitely more on my own time (except for conference calls, which I'm still at home for) I'm still getting the hang of this whole freelancing thing. Lol.

And today is pretty much a day of meetings with bursts of productivity in between :D I was hoping to get a bike ride in cause it was fairly nice out earlier but its pouring rain again :(

Glad to hear Daniel's back is much better, that's awesome! Hope he's back to normal soon How did graduation go? You graduated too, right?

He hopes so too :tongue: Lol.

Graduation went pretty well. I didn't graduate this year. I was supposed to be with all my health issues the past year its been pushed back. I'm almost glad cause it was stressful enough having all of Daniel's family in town, I can't imagine how stressful it would have been having all my family in town too. Plus, we wouldn't have even been graduating in the same ceremony (cause we are in different colleges, there are so many undergrads that they split it into two ceremonies). And Daniel got to sit with a couple of our friends so that made it a little better for him.

I'm going to borrow shoes and a dress from a friend and hubby will be borrowing stuff from his cousin though he really hates the idea so we're also talking about maybe just going to get our stuff already and leaving it in a friend's basement until we can move it all again to "our" flat in July. That would also be a great way to see Mr De_maas' sister and her family whom we miss A LOT.
It just feels so stupid to have to go through all of this hassle when we have everything already.... We'll see. I had a mini 2-minute freak out yesterday about the whole situation, I'm really tired of it + we're moving again tomorrow... aaaaarghhh!

Either of those choices definitely sounds preferable to spending lots of money on new clothes. Not that new clothes aren't nice sometimes... Lol. And visiting family is always so great :D I can't wait to see Daniel's nephews again!

I hope your move went well!!

Oh and AWESOME for your new PR!!! That's so freaking fast!!!! Well done!!! You must have been SO dead in the end!! Did Daniel bike with you then?

I was very dead but in a good way :) Daniel has been going on the longer rides with me (so yes, he was along, lol) If he doesn't want to go I generally keep the ride shorter, just because longer rides are more fun when there is some one along :D

Awesome procrastination goals! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you!

And well done for working out despite not feeling like it, I'm really proud of you :D

This mini-challenge definitely came at the right time for me! :D

Thanks Chris :D Once I got into the workout it felt great but that first circuit was killer. Lol

Town house viewing didn't go so well. The one we were looking at was rented to someone else. Now the only one available when we need it is $100 more per month. Its a much nicer apartment, but still aren't sure if its worth the price difference but we are going to take it so we have some peace of mind about where we are living next year. This one has two large bedrooms, both with big closets, and much more open space downstairs in the living/dining/kitchen area. Its layout is much more open like what we currently have.

Sorry to hear it didn't go so well... That sucks... But then if the new apartment is much nicer, maybe it's worth the little extra rent and you could BOTH have big rooms ;)

I think I'm looking forward to it. Lol. The meeting is in less than an hour now. I'm meeting at the office today. Job B seems like I will be working more from their office when I can where Job A is definitely more on my own time (except for conference calls, which I'm still at home for) I'm still getting the hang of this whole freelancing thing. Lol.

And today is pretty much a day of meetings with bursts of productivity in between  I was hoping to get a bike ride in cause it was fairly nice out earlier but its pouring rain again 

Well, I hope the meeting goes well and you like your new office and everything.

And you'll see, freelancing isn't that hard, it's just about juggling and being organised which you are already! :)

Sorry to hear about the rain, it really sucks! I hope it gets better later on *fingers crossed*

He hopes so too Lol.

Graduation went pretty well. I didn't graduate this year. I was supposed to be with all my health issues the past year its been pushed back. I'm almost glad cause it was stressful enough having all of Daniel's family in town, I can't imagine how stressful it would have been having all my family in town too. Plus, we wouldn't have even been graduating in the same ceremony (cause we are in different colleges, there are so many undergrads that they split it into two ceremonies). And Daniel got to sit with a couple of our friends so that made it a little better for him.

I bet!!

I'm glad to hear it all went well and he had a great time. I'm mostly glad you're looking at it this way instead of feeling sad or disappointed it's not your turn yet though. That's really wise of you. And at least, Daniel will be able to attend and see you cross the stage next year! :D

Either of those choices definitely sounds preferable to spending lots of money on new clothes. Not that new clothes aren't nice sometimes... Lol. And visiting family is always so great  I can't wait to see Daniel's nephews again!

I hope your move went well!!

They are. And the weather is really warm these days and we have no light clothes so we're really considering going to get our stuff.

And the "move" went well, thanks :) I packed everything (like a pro may I add) last night and Mr De_maas just had to clean the flat and hop on a taxi this morning with the 3 suitcases and go straight to our friend's place. The hassle is that we're moving back to where we just were in 5 days... Grrr!

I was very dead but in a good way Daniel has been going on the longer rides with me (so yes, he was along, lol) If he doesn't want to go I generally keep the ride shorter, just because longer rides are more fun when there is some one along

This mini-challenge definitely came at the right time for me!

Thanks Chris  Once I got into the workout it felt great but that first circuit was killer. Lol

I didn't think Daniel would be able to ride already. Pretty cool he could come along. Did he keep up with you or did you leave him panting behind?!

This mini challenge came at the right time for everybody I think... (I need to figure out what to work on this week)

Maybe a killer but you still pushed through like a true Assassin! :P

Tuesday Update

Still haven't officially signed a lease but we are moving forward with trying to lease the larger more expensive town house. I spent all day till I got home around 7:30 pm working on important stuff for my part-time jobs, my company and house searches. So I'd say I defeated procrastination for the day.

The calorie deficits have definitely become harder to maintain. I think my body is really starting to fight me now. I'm hungry more often. For the first few weeks it was so effortless to eat less food and its definitely harder now.

No working out today. It was raining and disgusting outside all day again (unless you count the 10 min of sunshine). Since I did my BW routine yesterday, I didn't want to over do it and do too much today and I hate running indoors. But I think I needed a rest day at any rate. I definitely have missed my bike the past two days.

Wow, way to go with the new PR!  You seem to be going really well so far!   :)

Thanks!! I'm really excited :D I haven't been on that long of a ride since months before my bike accident. It felt great!!

That sounds like a lovely time to set a PR!! Way to go, Sam! I'm also stoked to hear that y'alls decision process went smoothly and with good results! It's awesome to have friends that you can compromise with :)

I was laughing at the whole, one shoulder "sun burn" thing and the same thing happened to me yesterday! I was out practicing a little softball and only got a little burned on my left arm... its actually not bad today..just itches a little lol. But, I, on the other hand, get red and burnt lol...hardly EVER does it turn into a tan, lol! :tan:

WOLF

Very awesome to have friends like that!! :D

Mine didn't even itch the next day. Wasn't even pink. I however am developing quite a nice tan from all my bike rides ;)

Nice mile time!

I think making a game of fitness or adding in some fun "competition" every once in awhile is an excellent way to push yourself (while not mentally feeling like you're working)!

The fun "competition" is so awesome but sometimes its hard to find the right competition. Lol. When I go on bike rides with Daniel, I am not very competitive towards him, so I need some kind of outside stimulus.

But when circumstances work out I LOVE it!!

Awesome work Sammie!! inspiring is what you are :)

Awwww. Thanks Eowyn :D

Sounds like you had a great bike ride with some wonderful mileage!  I love the way you turned your ride into a higher intensity interval thing by racing with other bicyclists.  That's a great way to make the higher intensity stuff fun and not a chore. 

Thanks! The higher intensity stuff can be a chore sometimes and this was definitely VERY fun!!  :victorious:

Great workout, and progress.

Good to see another GoT fan :) Love that show.

GOod luck with the townhouse! Hoping for the best for you

Thanks rybo!! And I love love love GoT!! Especially Dany and Arya :D

Sorry to hear it didn't go so well... That sucks... But then if the new apartment is much nicer, maybe it's worth the little extra rent and you could BOTH have big rooms ;)

Daniel was more worried about the extra money. He has more savings than I do but he doesn't have a job yet. I was actually more for the more expensive place to begin with but we didn't want to look at it and fall in love with it if the cheaper place was an option. So I think we will be happier. And I'm working my butt off to make sure I can pay for it :D And yes, now we both get bigger rooms!! And more closet space ;)

Well, I hope the meeting goes well and you like your new office and everything.

And you'll see, freelancing isn't that hard, it's just about juggling and being organised which you are already!

So Job A (the 5-10 hour a week) is one I can do mostly from home and through teleconferencing. Job B operates out of the Innovation Center which is dedicated to helping start ups.They are the ones sponsoring the summer accelerator program that we are participating in. So all summer we will be working out of the Innovation Center which will be very convenient for the purposes of Job B. Our other offices won't be as useful over the summer while we get them into more workable/livable conditions. The office is quite sad and not a very inspiring place. Lol

Today's meeting was with Job B at the Innovation Center and it went very well. I think he likes me and we got a good amount of work done for the first day. And I'm starting to get the hang of it ;)

I'm glad to hear it all went well and he had a great time. I'm mostly glad you're looking at it this way instead of feeling sad or disappointed it's not your turn yet though. That's really wise of you. And at least, Daniel will be able to attend and see you cross the stage next year!

I'm happy with where I am. I know that I wouldn't be where I am if I hadn't gone through the things that I did (ie, back surgery and bike accident) because those things made me a stronger person. So even though it will take me a little longer to graduate, I know it will make me a stronger person for the rest of my life and that is so much more important than how many years it took me to graduate. :D

They are. And the weather is really warm these days and we have no light clothes so we're really considering going to get our stuff.

And the "move" went well, thanks I packed everything (like a pro may I add) last night and Mr De_maas just had to clean the flat and hop on a taxi this morning with the 3 suitcases and go straight to our friend's place. The hassle is that we're moving back to where we just were in 5 days... Grrr!

I can't imagine being stuck in warm clothes in warm weather. I overheat so easily. I probably would have broken down and gone and bought some more clothes by now just to be comfortable. Lol

I'm sure you are a pro by now with all the moving you've had to do ;) Its a good skill to have (though I'm sure you wish you hadn't had quite so much practice, lol)

I didn't think Daniel would be able to ride already. Pretty cool he could come along. Did he keep up with you or did you leave him panting behind?!

This mini challenge came at the right time for everybody I think... (I need to figure out what to work on this week)

Yep :D Luckily riding doesn't stress the muscle that was sore. He still hasn't gotten back into his normal workout routine but not sure if thats just because of the back problem. He likes to procrastinate. Lol. 

Unfortunately I did not leave him panting behind. Lol. He is one of those lucky people that can really push through the pain and he just has a natural level of fitness that's pretty high, even when he doesn't work out. Though he did admit that he was pretty sore after the ride and I wasn't ;) I also have not been working on long term endurance (this is something I want to work more on)

Any thoughts on what you might try to work on?

Week 3 Update

Woke up feeling fresh this week. The air was crisp and clean and I knew that we were going to make some serious progress :D

Started off down the forest path and came upon some canoes on the side of the stream. They looked like they had been there for a while (so no one was going to come back for them any time soon) but they were still structurally intact! We cleaned off all the debris and spent the day paddling down the river. For a few hours a pod of dolphins swam next to us, frolicking and playing in the water. It was a truly magical moment.

The stream ended the next day and so we had to leave the canoes and our dolphin friends behind. Hopefully someday soon some other group of travelers will find the canoes and be able to use them :) We had some uneventful travel but a lovely night around the campfire. We celebrated with some beverages and s'mores ;) 

Unfortunately the beverages made the next day less than fun. We stumbled along for a little while but we just decided to call it a day when we were stubbing our toes and almost falling with every step. We all certainly slept well that night. 

The next day a birdie brought us a message saying that we were nearing a village and there would be celebrations once we got there. So we continued on and arrived in good time. It was a village of Hobbits!! I had never seen so many of them in one place before. They shared gardening tips as well as excellent food. Their ribs were especially good. We were loath to leave but we had to continue on our journey. A day and a half was already too much time spent resting. The lovely hobbits did however loan us the use of some of their donkeys. They sent a couple hobbits with us to bring them back at the end of the first day since they could really only spare them for a couple of days. 

With our Hobbit and donkey friends we made so much progress. Almost twice as much as we did with the canoes. We shared a lovely dinner with them and in the morning we parted ways. I sure do hope we get to see them again (especially if it means more ribs).

In other words...

Goal #1 - Bike 150 Miles

12.4 + 5.26 + 1.93 + 5.29 + 5.3 + 17.67 = 47.85 mi

47.85 + (27.19 from last week) = 75.04 mi total (50% at half-way through the challenge!!)

- I'm very very happy with my progress this week. Two long awesome rides and a bunch of shorter ones. And a flat tire which was less than fun, but I got through it :D

Goal #2 - Workout 4 days per week (at least 2 BW, 1 cardio/interval)

Mon - Bike Ride

Tues - Bike Ride & BW Workout

Weds - Bike Ride

Thurs - Bike Ride & BW Workout

Fri - Bike Ride

Sun - Bike Ride

- Made up the two days I missed last week. Yay!!

Goal #3 - Track Calories on FitBit

- Enter in calories everyday before bed (7/7)

- At least 3,500 cal under for the week (4,011 deficit for the week)

- Sat killed my deficit for the week but it was my roommate's graduation so it was worth the celebration (plus, I'm still under my goal)

Week 3   Goal #3

Goal #4 - Clean 15 min/day (5/7)

- Gave myself half credit for Monday and Saturday and no points for Tuesday

- Week was kinda crazy so I'm trying not to be too hard on myself over this goal this week

Goal #5 - Find somewhere to rent for next year

- We went and looked at a town house that we are now feeling pretty good about

- Looked into a bunch of other choices but found nothing that was still available, in our price range and met what we are looking for

Mini-challenge #3 - Didn't participate :( My rhythm was off all week and I never made the time to do the mini-challenge

So Job A (the 5-10 hour a week) is one I can do mostly from home and through teleconferencing. Job B operates out of the Innovation Center which is dedicated to helping start ups.They are the ones sponsoring the summer accelerator program that we are participating in. So all summer we will be working out of the Innovation Center which will be very convenient for the purposes of Job B. Our other offices won't be as useful over the summer while we get them into more workable/livable conditions. The office is quite sad and not a very inspiring place. Lol

Today's meeting was with Job B at the Innovation Center and it went very well. I think he likes me and we got a good amount of work done for the first day. And I'm starting to get the hang of it 

Really glad the meeting went well and you got so much work done! :D Are you feeling less stressed about the whole thing already?

I'm happy with where I am. I know that I wouldn't be where I am if I hadn't gone through the things that I did (ie, back surgery and bike accident) because those things made me a stronger person. So even though it will take me a little longer to graduate, I know it will make me a stronger person for the rest of my life and that is so much more important than how many years it took me to graduate.

That's the spirit!!! Go Sam!! :D

I can't imagine being stuck in warm clothes in warm weather. I overheat so easily. I probably would have broken down and gone and bought some more clothes by now just to be comfortable. Lol

I'm sure you are a pro by now with all the moving you've had to do  Its a good skill to have (though I'm sure you wish you hadn't had quite so much practice, lol)

I should never have mentioned the nice weather... It's drab and stormy and grey today... :( I guess the weather man just solved the clothes problem for me... lol

And yeah, I really do wish I hadn't had quite so much practice, it's really, really starting to get ridiculous. And the fact that I have to pack the bags again in 4 days really depresses me.

Yep Luckily riding doesn't stress the muscle that was sore. He still hasn't gotten back into his normal workout routine but not sure if thats just because of the back problem. He likes to procrastinate. Lol. 

Unfortunately I did not leave him panting behind. Lol. He is one of those lucky people that can really push through the pain and he just has a natural level of fitness that's pretty high, even when he doesn't work out. Though he did admit that he was pretty sore after the ride and I wasn't I also have not been working on long term endurance (this is something I want to work more on)

Any thoughts on what you might try to work on?

That's really lucky!!! Yay for still having your biking buddy to ride with :D

Hopefully his back will be completely mended soon, fingers crossed :)

If you keep at it, you will totally leave him panting soon enough!! You've only been working out seriously for what, about 1.5 challenges now?! And have you seen how far you've come?! And no soreness vs soreness! Yay!! Go you!!! :D

I have no idea. Since I've been so productive at work, I don't need to come up with a procrastination goal. I don't have anything really so there is no tidying that needs doing. For some insane reason, I wake up earlier than ever before without a struggle. For once, and despite everything that is going on, I seem to be in quite a good place though I am positive there has to be something I can improve on.

Week 3 Update

Your week update is fantastic!! You have done so incredibly well. I knew it all along but seeing it all together just shows the amount of awesome you've been up to!

Looks like you did pretty good in week three and your doing great in week 4!  Congratulations on choosing a place, hopefully you get to actually move in!  And if you find you don't like it you can always move again next year.  It definitely sounds like a wonderful place.  :)

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Really glad the meeting went well and you got so much work done! :D Are you feeling less stressed about the whole thing already?

Much less stressed. Most of the apprehension was coming from the fact that even though I've done work like this my whole life, I've never been hired to do it so it was a little scary (but also very very exciting). Once I actually got started, it was like "of course I can do this" but getting started was the hard part. Once I get things with these first two clients running smoothly and under control, I may look for more. There are apparently a lot of startups here that could use my skills :D

I should never have mentioned the nice weather... It's drab and stormy and grey today... :( I guess the weather man just solved the clothes problem for me... lol

And yeah, I really do wish I hadn't had quite so much practice, it's really, really starting to get ridiculous. And the fact that I have to pack the bags again in 4 days really depresses me.

I think I already said this in your thread, but I will say it again. Its supposed to storm all week :( Not looking to good for getting my biking miles in. I may just have to suck it up and go for a ride knowing it might rain on me. Lol 

That's really lucky!!! Yay for still having your biking buddy to ride with :D

Hopefully his back will be completely mended soon, fingers crossed

If you keep at it, you will totally leave him panting soon enough!! You've only been working out seriously for what, about 1.5 challenges now?! And have you seen how far you've come?! And no soreness vs soreness! Yay!! Go you!!! :D

Yay for biking buddies!! I keep trying to get my business partner to go on a ride with us but he's been busy. Lol

Yeah, I know I've made so much progress in the last 2.5 months, but it is just a little frustrating to be around the same level as he is when he hasn't been working out at all. He's only been on 3 bike rides this year (the 9 mi, the 12 mi and the 17 mi) while I've been on a ton. But I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing great and working really hard. And that I just can't put on muscle as fast as he can. Plus I feel like I'm a lot healthier than he is. I'm just feeling great that for the first time since I've known him we are at least on a level playing field as far as biking goes (instead of him leaving me in the dust). Thats HUGS progress that I'm super proud of  :triumphant: 

I have no idea. Since I've been so productive at work, I don't need to come up with a procrastination goal. I don't have anything really so there is no tidying that needs doing. For some insane reason, I wake up earlier than ever before without a struggle. For once, and despite everything that is going on, I seem to be in quite a good place though I am positive there has to be something I can improve on.

Hmm. Thats a hard one. Maybe you should ask your husband for suggestions? ;) Lol

Your week update is fantastic!! You have done so incredibly well. I knew it all along but seeing it all together just shows the amount of awesome you've been up to!

Thanks!! I like doing the weekly updates. It helps keep me motivated and on track. Plus having all the weekly updates makes putting together the overall challenge update at the end a lot easier. Cause I've written the weekly ones while everything was fresh in my mind. Its a lot easier to look back at 6 posts to summarize. Plus, me being the organized person that I am, my thread feels incomplete without them. Lol. The trick is actually getting them done at the beginning of the week (for the previous week)

Looks like you did pretty good in week three and your doing great in week 4!  Congratulations on choosing a place, hopefully you get to actually move in!  And if you find you don't like it you can always move again next year.  It definitely sounds like a wonderful place.   :)

Yay!! Thanks Elder  :joyous:  I'm excited for the new place. I will definitely take some pics after we get moved in!!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines