There and Back Again - A Half-Elf's Tale by Sammiejune29

Kickass week 3 update!! It's ok you didn't get into a particular rhythm cuz you're biking like a champ and under your cals :) You go girl!

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Thanks rybo!! And I love love love GoT!! Especially Dany and Arya :D

Dany, Arya, (and Tyrion) are my faves, too.  :)  I always root for the underdogs.  Have you read the books, too?  If not, I'll be really curious about what you think of some of the things coming up in season 3 and season 4.  A lot happens in the 3rd book.  :nevreness:

I hope the weather cooperates for some bike riding.  I totally understand the frustration of having outdoor-based goals, and then not being able to complete them because the weather has other ideas. 

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Much less stressed. Most of the apprehension was coming from the fact that even though I've done work like this my whole life, I've never been hired to do it so it was a little scary (but also very very exciting). Once I actually got started, it was like "of course I can do this" but getting started was the hard part. Once I get things with these first two clients running smoothly and under control, I may look for more. There are apparently a lot of startups here that could use my skills

You go girl!!!

Of course you can do the job, you know it, we know, the whole universe knows it! ;) But yeah, getting started is always the scary part.

I think I already said this in your thread, but I will say it again. Its supposed to storm all week Not looking to good for getting my biking miles in. I may just have to suck it up and go for a ride knowing it might rain on me. Lol 

Yay for biking buddies!! I keep trying to get my business partner to go on a ride with us but he's been busy. Lol

Yeah, I know I've made so much progress in the last 2.5 months, but it is just a little frustrating to be around the same level as he is when he hasn't been working out at all. He's only been on 3 bike rides this year (the 9 mi, the 12 mi and the 17 mi) while I've been on a ton. But I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing great and working really hard. And that I just can't put on muscle as fast as he can. Plus I feel like I'm a lot healthier than he is. I'm just feeling great that for the first time since I've known him we are at least on a level playing field as far as biking goes (instead of him leaving me in the dust). Thats HUGS progress that I'm super proud of

You did mention the stormy weather... That sucks! Mr De_maas was out getting my bike back from the shop yesterday when it started pouring like crazy, he got super soaked!

Is it cold and stormy or still kind of warm? Riding in a warm rain can be pretty nice, right? (trying to get your motivation levels back up!) And I hope you can get your business partner to join in soon, you guys are so close it could be a wonderful ride!! Can't you lure him in with cake and candy?! Haha!

I can understand it being super frustrating when he's done so little and you so much, but you're a girl and sadly, for us, building muscle can be sloooooow and painful. But you're doing it and you're already catching up with him. Next time you go for a ride, I bet you'll leave him in the dust! :D

Hmm. Thats a hard one. Maybe you should ask your husband for suggestions?  Lol

Brilliant idea, I'll do that! :)

Thanks!! I like doing the weekly updates. It helps keep me motivated and on track. Plus having all the weekly updates makes putting together the overall challenge update at the end a lot easier. Cause I've written the weekly ones while everything was fresh in my mind. Its a lot easier to look back at 6 posts to summarize. Plus, me being the organized person that I am, my thread feels incomplete without them. Lol. The trick is actually getting them done at the beginning of the week (for the previous week)

I actually keep forgetting to do weekly updates... I did last challenge and had them up on Sundays but it doesn't seem to be working for me this challenge. Weird! :)

Love the story part that you've added though, it's not just a summary of your week and achievements, you make it way more exciting :)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Update time!

Wednesday's Workout (May 8, 2013)
Bike Ride: 5.31 mi in 24m:08s

I decided to try and squeeza a bike ride in before my meeting because I was afraid if I waited till after that it would be raining (which it wasn't but I didn't know) so then I was super rushed after the bike ride. Didn't get to enjoy my food and was 5 min late to the meeting. Also didn't get to stretch. Definitely learned that lesson. The rest of the day was also a roller coaster.

We viewed another house and another apartment but did not like them. We are signing the lease for the town house and handing it to the landlord tomorrow!! I'm excited cause that will be a load off my shoulders.

Daniel wasn't in a good mood. Very stressed. He switched colleges this past year. They lost his paperwork multiple times and the whole process took 5 months. Now he just figured out that they lost his minors when they did this so its just more headache for him to figure out. But after some tears he apologized for taking it out on me and we went out with some of our friends. It was their last night in town. One of them is moving to Guatemala in June. However, since I didnt get home till around 2 I didn't clean yesterday or enter in my calories till this morning. But it was worth it. After the stressful day I needed a night out of fun with my friends.

Thursday's Workout (May 9, 2013)
Bike Ride: 12.44 miles in 52m:48s
3 Circuits (47 min, 15:48, 15:30, 13:44)
Inclined Push-Ups (countertop): 11/11/11
Lying Abduction Left: 35/35/35
Resistance Band Pull-Backs: 20/20/20
Lying Abduction Right: 35/35/35
Wall Sits: 40s/40s/40s
Forearm Curl 8lbs R(L): 20(20)/20(20)/20(20)
Plank: 60s/60s/60s
Wrist Extensions (powerade bottle) R(L): 20(20)/20(20)/20(20)
Single Leg Calf Raise R(L): 15(15)/15(15)/15(15)
Stretches (10 min)

Nice long bike ride. Daniel didn't want to join but since I'm going out of town this weekend I knew I needed to get in a longer ride (especially after being rained out Monday and Tuesday) 

Also worked for a few hours on my part-time jobs today. Mini-challenge #4 is rocking!! I'm managing to get the stuff that I need to get done without sacrificing the other important stuff or my sanity.

Tonight Daniel, our business partner and a group of people are all going to see the Great Gatsby at midnight. I'm excited!!

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Side note:

I kept meaning to share this and forgot. Last weekend we went to the Farmer's Market with Daniel's family. I bought some excellent home made salsa and its sooo good. I love buying local stuff. The farmer's market here is amazing. You can buy cheese from grass fed cows, lots and lots of grass fed meat, fresh produce, salsas, breads make from things like spelt and that are very unprocessed (for bread). If I do ever cheat on paleo, I try to make sure that its stuff from the farmer's market cause then its really worth it.

Kickass week 3 update!! It's ok you didn't get into a particular rhythm cuz you're biking like a champ and under your cals :) You go girl!

WOLF

Thanks!! (I just woke up and thought cals said cats, and I was like "cats, what cats?") I can't believe week 4 is almost over now. Time is just flying by...

Great week 3 update!

I also wanted to say that I love the system you have worked out for mini-challenge #4.  Sounds like you're really taking it seriously and have thought a lot about it.

Thanks!!

And I really did put some thought into it. I've spent a lot of time over the last few years figuring out what works for me and what doesn't. Plus, procrastination is a hard thing to beat. Lol

Dany, Arya, (and Tyrion) are my faves, too.  :)  I always root for the underdogs.  Have you read the books, too?  If not, I'll be really curious about what you think of some of the things coming up in season 3 and season 4.  A lot happens in the 3rd book.  :nevreness:

I hope the weather cooperates for some bike riding.  I totally understand the frustration of having outdoor-based goals, and then not being able to complete them because the weather has other ideas. 

I love love love the books as well. And I like Tyrion and Jon Snow too. They are prolly my favs after Dany and Arya. I don't want to give any spoilers for those that haven't read the books but I'm super excited that they are splitting book 3 into two seasons cause its soooo long.

And the weather has been a little nicer. Lol. I think I can reach my goal by the end of the challenge but its definitely gonna take some perseverance. (ie: going on longer rides on nice days)

The farmer's market sounds great. The one in our town open in June, you inspire me to go and check it out. Its in walking distance too, so it would be a fun destination

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

You go girl!!!

Of course you can do the job, you know it, we know, the whole universe knows it! ;) But yeah, getting started is always the scary part.

I worked so much this week and it was awesome!! :D And good to know that the universe know ;)

You did mention the stormy weather... That sucks! Mr De_maas was out getting my bike back from the shop yesterday when it started pouring like crazy, he got super soaked!

Is it cold and stormy or still kind of warm? Riding in a warm rain can be pretty nice, right? (trying to get your motivation levels back up!) And I hope you can get your business partner to join in soon, you guys are so close it could be a wonderful ride!! Can't you lure him in with cake and candy?! Haha!

It depends on the day. Lol. And the hour for that matter. Our weather is crazy. It was super nice out this morning but of course I didn't have time for a bike ride. And this afternoon is pretty much been raining the whole time. Blah! And now I'm packing to leave to go home for a few days and I won't have a bike there. This is definitely going to make getting to 150 miles a little more tricky... But I can do it!!

I can understand it being super frustrating when he's done so little and you so much, but you're a girl and sadly, for us, building muscle can be sloooooow and painful. But you're doing it and you're already catching up with him. Next time you go for a ride, I bet you'll leave him in the dust! :D

My legs build muscle so much faster than my upper body, but I'm still super excited about all the progress that I've made :D I keep trying to convince him to workout too but I know if he does he will be leaving me in the dust again in no time. Lol

Brilliant idea, I'll do that! :)

I actually keep forgetting to do weekly updates... I did last challenge and had them up on Sundays but it doesn't seem to be working for me this challenge. Weird! :)

Love the story part that you've added though, it's not just a summary of your week and achievements, you make it way more exciting :)

Your husband have any brilliant ideas as far as bad habits go? Lol

You could always do a halfway update (though its a little past that now, I meant to write that two days ago and haven't had time, lol)

And thanks!! I'm so glad you like the story :D I haven't been creative in a long time and I've missed it so it feels nice to do something creative again!

The farmer's market sounds great. The one in our town open in June, you inspire me to go and check it out. Its in walking distance too, so it would be a fun destination

Yay!! That's awesome :D Ours is kinda within walking distance. It would take about 45 min to walk I think. Definitely in biking distance if you don't buy too much. Ours is open year round which is kinda crazy and awesome. Its only outside from spring - fall. I hope you find some yummy stuff at yours!

Friday's Update

I really really wanted to go on a bike ride on Friday. But I got up late (ie: 11am) cause I didn't get home from Great Gatsby till 3 am and then after breakfast had to go to work for 2 hours and then it was raining (crazy insane amounts of rain with absurd wind) for the rest of the day. :( Didn't get any actual workouts in but did climb a lot of stairs. Cleaned a lot in my apartment and packed to come home. Then drove home. It was a very very long day.

Saturday's Update

After breakfast my mom and I went shopping to get some mother's day flowers for my grandma. Also figured out a couple things to get my mom for mother's day. Then we had dinner (and I was too full to work out) and then I was tired. My body seemed like it was telling me I needed the rest. And as long as I work out tomorrow I will still be meeting my goal so I'm not complaining.

Biking Goal

Little nervous about this goal. Even though I hit the halfway point of 75 miles at the end of week 3, going home and all the rain is going to make it much more difficult to complete the goal before the end of the challenge. Not to mention the fact that at the end of week 5 I have another dizziness treatment with another 3 days of mandatory rest. So I just need to plan and make the bike rides that I do go on, longer. 

Goal #5 - Sign a lease

Officially have my lease signed!! We get the keys June 15th which means we have a 2 week overlap to move all of our stuff over. I'm super excited and it was a huge weight off my shoulders.

Biking Goal

Little nervous about this goal. Even though I hit the halfway point of 75 miles at the end of week 3, going home and all the rain is going to make it much more difficult to complete the goal before the end of the challenge. Not to mention the fact that at the end of week 5 I have another dizziness treatment with another 3 days of mandatory rest. So I just need to plan and make the bike rides that I do go on, longer. 

Goal #5 - Sign a lease

Officially have my lease signed!! We get the keys June 15th which means we have a 2 week overlap to move all of our stuff over. I'm super excited and it was a huge weight off my shoulders.

The weather has been such a huge pain, lately.  The next time any of us set goals for outdoor challenges, we should add contingencies for poor weather.  I'm way behind on my parkour in the park goal now, too.  :(

But, congrats on the lease!!!  It sounds like a great place, and I'm sure it's nice to no longer have to worry about finding a place.  :)

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Sunday's Workout (May 12, 2013)

Warm up: 60 jumping jacks
3 Circuits (46 min 15:35, 14:58, 14:30)
Right Leg Lunges (hands above head): 12/12/12
Left Leg Lunges (hands above head): 12/12/12
Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs: 10/10/10
Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs: 10/10/10
Clam R(L): 45(45)/45(45)/45(45)
Inclined Push-ups 4th stair (5th stair): 2(4)/1.5(5)/0.5(6)
BW Squats: 15/15/15
Front Plank: 60s/55s/60s
Jumping Jacks: 30/30/30
Stretches (10 min)

Since I'm home I have a set of stairs to use. I can do a two push-ups on the 4th stair (last time I was home I couldn't do any, YAY!) The halves are kinda like push-up negatives I guess. I lowered myself but I pushed as hard as I could and couldn't get back up. Oh well, still a lot of progress :D

Had a nice Mother's Day with my mom and grandparents!!

I can't wait to get back home this week so I can go biking again. I miss it already!

The weather has been such a huge pain, lately.  The next time any of us set goals for outdoor challenges, we should add contingencies for poor weather.  I'm way behind on my parkour in the park goal now, too.  :(

But, congrats on the lease!!!  It sounds like a great place, and I'm sure it's nice to no longer have to worry about finding a place.  :)

We can do it!! :D It seemed like it had skipped straight from winter to summer with no spring. Well I guess spring rains are coming back with a vengeance now :(

Its so nice no longer having to worry about where to live next year! It should free up some time :D

Week 4 Update

Rain, rain go away. NEVER EVER COME BACK!! Two days spent in a cave waiting till the rain went away. The rain started before we had found shelter so all of our stuff got soaked. Spent the next two days trying to dry it all out. Soggy shoes are no fun. Hauling around all that wet stuff was quite a workout and I was exhausted after all that.

The sun came out for a few hours and we hiked till we found another cave. We weren't taking any chances and letting all of our stuff get wet again. We celebrated with s'mores since we at least made some progress :D Also some grog. Lol. 

Despite the grogginess the next morning, we managed to make it quite far. We were all quite determined to get somewhere. We stopped when we made it to an elf village where some of my family lived. I hadn't seen them in a long time and we decided to stay and rest there for a few days until the weather calmed down some. It was not worth all of our stuff being constantly soaked, to make such little progress.

While in the elf-village I walked around looking at the architecture and figured out the perfect design for my house :D My elf friends in the village said that they were sending a party back to my village soon and would take the plans back with them. By the time I get back I should have a gorgeous tree house waiting for me!!

Then came matriarch day! We celebrated all day with games and feats of strength :) I tried some archery and hand-to-hand combat. I may not have won, but I had a lot of fun :D Also had some excellent food cooked by the village elders. I will be sad to leave but we've decided to stay a few more days. 

In other words...

Goal #1 - Bike 150 Miles

5.31 + 12.44 = 17.75 mi

17.75 + (75.04 from last week) = 92.79 mi total (61.86%)

- Rain and going home (where there is no bike) has put me a little behind. It just means I'm gonna have to work extra hard for the last two weeks of the challenge!!

Goal #2 - Workout 4 days per week (at least 2 BW, 1 cardio/interval)

Mon - BW Workout

Weds - Bike Ride

Thurs - Bike Ride & BW Workout

Sun - BW Workout

- Despite the rain and going home I managed to get in all my workouts this week!

Goal #3 - Track Calories on FitBit

- Enter in calories everyday before bed (6/7)

- At least 3,500 cal under for the week (4,733 deficit for the week)

- Didn't enter my cals when I got home at 2 am after going out with my friends. I'm okay with it though

- Was way under this week which makes me super happy cause I was really struggling for a few days with hunger pains

Week 4   Goal #3

Goal #4 - Clean 15 min/day (6/7)

- Didn't clean on Wednesday cause I went out (but again, I needed a night out, so its okay)

Goal #5 - Find somewhere to rent for next year

- We signed a lease!! Goal #5 complete :D

Mini-challenge #4 - Defeat procrastinating on my part-time jobs - Full credit!!

In order to get full credit for this mini-challenge I need to:

1) Get all work done for Job A & Job B by the end of the day Friday - check

2) If I pull an all nighter Thursday night to get this done, I do not get a point - check (got lots of sleep)

3) I must also put time into looking for housing for next year - check (lease signed!!)

4) And time into my own company (this doesn't have to be a lot of time) - check (Tues meeting)

5) Plus I can't let working out fall by the way side - check (all 4 workouts done)

AAAAArghh! SO much to comment on!!!!!

First of, again, congrats on the lease, this is really great news!!! :D

Now, onto your biking goal: I know you can make it. Or at least I know you'll do the very best that you can. I know it means going for longer rides (which you will enjoy anyway, who are we kidding here?! :P ). And I know you will give it everything you've got. But if you can't make it happen because of the awful weather or the dizziness treatment, don't beat yourself up, these are things you cannot control. It can be dangerous to bike in torrential rain and the dizziness treatment comes first.

So yes, push as hard as you can (like I know you will), do as much as you can (like I know you will) and be happy with what you've accomplished because you are awesome!

Also, congrats on the 4th step pushup!!!!! SO unbelievably proud of you!!! You're totally kicking the pushups' asses!! :P And congrats on rocking the mini challenge! *high five*

Big big hugs to you, I'm really sorry I wasn't here these past few days.

AAAAArghh! SO much to comment on!!!!!

I always feel a little overwhelmed too when I'm away for a few days. Lol

First of, again, congrats on the lease, this is really great news!!!

Now, onto your biking goal: I know you can make it. Or at least I know you'll do the very best that you can. I know it means going for longer rides (which you will enjoy anyway, who are we kidding here?! :tongue: ). And I know you will give it everything you've got. But if you can't make it happen because of the awful weather or the dizziness treatment, don't beat yourself up, these are things you cannot control. It can be dangerous to bike in torrential rain and the dizziness treatment comes first.

So yes, push as hard as you can (like I know you will), do as much as you can (like I know you will) and be happy with what you've accomplished because you are awesome!

Thanks!! I'm so excited :D

So I might be going on a 40 mile ride on Sunday with Daniel and his mom. *nervous* I'm excited too though. And a little intimidated cause it will be with a bunch of bikers. Eek! But I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. And I can only do this cause my dizziness treatment got moved to Thursday!!

Also, congrats on the 4th step pushup!!!!! SO unbelievably proud of you!!! You're totally kicking the pushups' asses!! :tongue: And congrats on rocking the mini challenge! *high five*

Big big hugs to you, I'm really sorry I wasn't here these past few days.

OMG! So much improvement with my pushups today. Two days ago I did 2/1.5/0.5 on the fourth stair and today I did 2/2/2!!! I was super excited. I can't wait till I have my own set of stairs in my new place :D

*big hug*

I hope you're well and having a great time at your family's

I'm very well :D Its been a nice couple days. And I even got some reading in last night :)

4 steps pushups? You'll be able to do a standard one in no time! Keep it up

Thanks Nuala!! :D I'm excited with my progress  :triumphant:

Tuesday's Workout (May 14, 2013)

Warm up: Walking outside & 60 jumping jacks
3 Circuits (49 min 16:39, 15:57, 16:00)
Right Leg Lunges (hands above head): 12/12/12
Left Leg Lunges (hands above head): 12/12/12
Right Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs: 10/10/10
Left Arm Dumbbell Rows 20lbs: 10/10/10
Lying Abduction R(L): 35(35)/35(35)/35(35)
Inclined Push-ups 4th stair (5th stair): 2(7)/2(6)/2(5)
BW Squats: 15/15/15
Front Plank: 60s/55s/60s

Calf Raises - FullROM R(L): 10(10)/10(10)/10(10)
Stretches (10 min)

Great workout today :D I'm super happy and excited about my push-up progress. It was tons better than on Sunday. 

Prolly the worst part of being home is the lack of air flow when working out. My grandma doesn't believe in opening windows because it will make her house dustier. Oh well. It was still a good workout!!

And my legs were a little sore, I think adding back in BW squats was the reason. I probably shouldn't have stopped doing them, but I still feel like my form isn't great.

Tomorrow I drive back home. Where I can finally get back on my bike :D

So I might be going on a 40 mile ride on Sunday with Daniel and his mom. *nervous* I'm excited too though. And a little intimidated cause it will be with a bunch of bikers. Eek! But I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. And I can only do this cause my dizziness treatment got moved to Thursday!!

That's so cool!!! I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off with flying colours so no need to be nervous. BUT if there is anything that doesn't feel right, please, I'm begging you, speak up! Don't carry on if you're feeling dizzy or are in too much pain or are completely winded or whatnot.

OMG! So much improvement with my pushups today. Two days ago I did 2/1.5/0.5 on the fourth stair and today I did 2/2/2!!! I was super excited. I can't wait till I have my own set of stairs in my new place 

That's awesome!! Congrats!!! :triumphant:

How did they feel?

I'm very well Its been a nice couple days. And I even got some reading in last night 

Yay for reading!! :D

I'm glad you're having a nice time, you really deserve to take it easy and relax :)

Great workout today  I'm super happy and excited about my push-up progress. It was tons better than on Sunday. 

Prolly the worst part of being home is the lack of air flow when working out. My grandma doesn't believe in opening windows because it will make her house dustier. Oh well. It was still a good workout!!

And my legs were a little sore, I think adding back in BW squats was the reason. I probably shouldn't have stopped doing them, but I still feel like my form isn't great.

Tomorrow I drive back home. Where I can finally get back on my bike

Awesome job on the workout!

Have you tried filming yourself doing a set of squats? That way you can watch yourself and analyse what you are doing wrong/right? Should help quite a bit.

Have a safe trip home :)

You are really doing great! Nice workouts, hope you get some dryer weather for a while, seems like you've been dealing with lots of rain, that's no fun.

rybo, level 4 Human assassinSTR 16|DEX 7.5|STA 9|CON 12|WIS 8.5|CHA 5 

That's so cool!!! I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off with flying colours so no need to be nervous. BUT if there is anything that doesn't feel right, please, I'm begging you, speak up! Don't carry on if you're feeling dizzy or are in too much pain or are completely winded or whatnot.

Daniel is going with me and I'm certain that he and I are around the same finess level at the moment and I know he will stop me if I need to stop. Also, this is a bike club ride so there will be stations set up along the way for water and rest and what-not. We may only end up doing the 24 mile loop instead of the 40 mile. We will see how we feel on Sunday. I'm a little nervous cause I still feel like a way amateur compared the what the rest of them probably are, but I just need to get over it and have some fun!!  :cheerful: 

That's awesome!! Congrats!!! :triumphant:

How did they feel?

So hard!! But awesome :D

I wish I could keep doing them at that height but nothing in my apartment is quite the right height.  :chargrined:  Its either too low where I can't even lower myself down in a controlled manner or its the same height as my countertop (or its not strong enough, lol) Right now I'm more focused on not losing progress until I have my own set of stairs!

Yay for reading!! :D

I'm glad you're having a nice time, you really deserve to take it easy and relax

I read more of my book in the last 3 days than in the previous 3 weeks! It was awesome but I definitely let my freelance work slack :( It was very difficult to concentrate on it at my grandparents house. Something I need to work on for sure. Also my mom wanted my attention, which I understand cause she misses me, but I need to find a balance. :)

Have you tried filming yourself doing a set of squats? That way you can watch yourself and analyse what you are doing wrong/right? Should help quite a bit.

Its definitely on my to-do list. Didn't have time today. (will explain more in my update post) And now I'm on mandatory rest from the dizziness treatment. So sometime next week, before the end of my challenge I will video myself doing squats. And if I still can't figure it out, I may just post it and ask for some assistance from my awesome NF family :D

Damn, SJ, you're doing great on this challenge!!!  Get that biking down and you're on your way to a damn near perfect six weeks!!!

Thanks Wovie!! You aren't doing too badly yourself ;) You will be healed up in no time!

You are really doing great! Nice workouts, hope you get some dryer weather for a while, seems like you've been dealing with lots of rain, that's no fun.

I hope it dries out a bit too!! And thanks Rybo :D I always enjoy the encouragement!

Wednesday's Update

No working out. Drove back home from visiting my family. 3.5 hour drive. Had lunch with a friend who lives halfway in between, which is always a nice break :D Then after I got back and unloaded I was hoping to go on a bike ride before dark, but it was the birthday of one of my close friends. (this is one half of the chicken & goat having couple for those of you following along at home) We had a delicious dinner at a local mexican restaurant. It may not have been paleo, but everything in it was grown locally which is amazing :D I love eating local if I can! Came home and went to sleep early (like before 11 pm, so weird)

Thursday's Update

Thursday did not start off well AT ALL! Didn't sleep well cause it was 85 and humid and no AC. They turned the AC on this morning which was good but didn't make up for the bad night of sleep.

Had my second dizziness treatment today at 1:45. It went well. And the first one was A COMPLETE SUCCESS!! There's a chance that this one could work and I won't need to go back again. I still have the 3 days mandatory rest.

Since I knew I had 3 days of mandatory rest to look forward to I knew I wanted to get in a workout before I left. Unfortunately one of my jobs scheduled a conference call from 11 am - 12:30 pm. Very inconvenient time. I meant to get up earlier to workout but bad sleep was not conducive to that. But I did manage to sneak in a workout after the conference call which made me much much happier!!!

Thursday's Workout (May 9, 2013)
Warm Up: jog 4 lengths of hallway, 60 jumping jacks
3 Circuits (37 min, 12:28, 12:48, 11:04)
Inclined Push-Ups (countertop): 12/12/12
Clam Left: 45/45/45
Resistance Band Pull-Backs (30lbs resistance): 20/20/20
Clam Right: 45/45/45
Wall Sits: 40s/40s/40s
Forearm Curl 8lbs R(L): 20(20)/20(20)/20(20)
Plank: 60s/60s/60s
Wrist Extensions 5lbs R(L): 12(12)/15(15)/12(12)
Stretches (5 min)

I like doing forearm curls and wrist extensions one arm at a time to focus on form but did them together to save on time. Found 5lb weights at my grandparents house and brought them back. They are a good weight for wrist extensions. Also cut stretching short but didn't leave it out (proud of myself for that)

I gotta work on making my workouts harder. I feel like I haven't progressed very much in the past couple weeks. I've had a lot going on and that may be part of it. I think another part was that last challenge I was pushing myself so hard for the next rep every single workout and I didn't really like that. Maybe what I need to do is up the number of reps or difficulty like once a week.

I'm definitely open to any advice you may have. :D

This Coming Weekend

The rest of Thursday and all day Friday and Saturday are mandatory rest days for my dizziness treatment. Which I feel a lot better about this time.

Sunday Daniel and I are doing a bike ride with a bike club that his mom belongs to. I'm excited but nervous. We are either doing the 24 mile loop or the 40 mile loop. We will see. At any rate it will be a new experience and will help me get closer to my biking goal!!

+1 for trying new things AND working on that bike goal!

As for progressing in your workouts... you are definitely ready to move up - I'd vote for moving up in weight (and decreasing incline) and working on a lower rep range.  Your reps are already in the high zone so you won't want to add anymore unless your goal is major endurance.

Knowing when to increase difficulty is relatively easy to measure, and I would resist creating a plan that involves you making things harder on a set schedule.  Set plans encourage you to rush when your body isn't read to move on and also encourages a bad mental space (e.g. "I couldn't increase my weight today, therefore I must be failing.").  Instead, I would set a set x rep goal for yourself (possibly in the 3-4 sets x 10-15 reps range seeing as how you appear to be comfortable there) and then once you've achieved that for a certain exercise - you make it harder.  Timed exercises (e.g. plank) should be made harder once you hit 60 sec.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Looks like things are goin' great over here! I'm glad that dizziness treatment is working for you, that couldn't have been easy to deal with all the time. Have fun on you giant bike ride! I know in my head biking is way faster than running, but biking distances always throw me for a loop. I'm like 'Holy cow, that's far!' and then remember you're on a vehicle and that it's not nearly as far as it seems to me and my bipedal locomotion... Still way farther than I could ever bike, though, me and bikes have a contentious relationship...

Dare mighty thingsCurrent Challenge

Daniel is going with me and I'm certain that he and I are around the same finess level at the moment and I know he will stop me if I need to stop. Also, this is a bike club ride so there will be stations set up along the way for water and rest and what-not. We may only end up doing the 24 mile loop instead of the 40 mile. We will see how we feel on Sunday. I'm a little nervous cause I still feel like a way amateur compared the what the rest of them probably are, but I just need to get over it and have some fun!!

This is so exciting! You must be looking so much forward to the ride :)

And don't worry, you've been riding consistently for quite some time now and if Daniel and you are both at the same fitness level, you won't be the only one who isn't riding as much as the others :)

But yes, just have fun, enjoy the ride, the day and the company!!

So hard!! But awesome

I wish I could keep doing them at that height but nothing in my apartment is quite the right height.  Its either too low where I can't even lower myself down in a controlled manner or its the same height as my countertop (or its not strong enough, lol) Right now I'm more focused on not losing progress until I have my own set of stairs!

You're moving in less than a month so don't worry, you won't lose any progress! Just push as hard as you can and keep challenging yourself :)

I read more of my book in the last 3 days than in the previous 3 weeks! It was awesome but I definitely let my freelance work slack It was very difficult to concentrate on it at my grandparents house. Something I need to work on for sure. Also my mom wanted my attention, which I understand cause she misses me, but I need to find a balance. 

Freelancing requires an already really fine balance in your day to day life, so please, don't be too hard on yourself when you can't work as much as you'd like to when you're visiting your family!! Especially when you haven't seen them in a while and you've only just started working freelance!

But I'm glad you got quite a bit of reading done, I hope it's a good book :)

Its definitely on my to-do list. Didn't have time today. (will explain more in my update post) And now I'm on mandatory rest from the dizziness treatment. So sometime next week, before the end of my challenge I will video myself doing squats. And if I still can't figure it out, I may just post it and ask for some assistance from my awesome NF family

Good plan! :D

So so so glad the first treatment was a complete success! That's just awesome!!! *high five* I hope the 2nd one is just as successful and you can get rid of the dizziness issue once and for all :)

Also, I'm with Wolverine concerning upping the weight rather than the reps. You're already doing so many!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines