Adapt to Survive-- TheOxfordComma

Main Objective:

This is my first 6WC as an Assassin and as such is mostly about beginning to train as an Assassin. Assassins are fast and agile, yet still require serious strength to overcome the obstacles in their path. The overall goal is to exercise daily, with workouts meant to increase my strength and speed. Assassins also need to be adaptable, so I will be finishing my TEFL certification, making me able to work and travel more easily.

Specific Goals:

1. Increase Speed: 3 days a week to be spent on improving Speed (C25K). +2 DEX, +2 STA
2. Increase Strength: 2 days a week to be spent on improving Strength (BBWW, Weights/Pilates, Kickboxing) +2 STR, +2 STA
3. Train Smart: 2 days a week to be spent on active recovery (Yoga, Foam Roller) +2 CON, +2 CHA

4. Finish TEFL certification (40 hrs) +3 WIS

Current Stats:

Oxford
Lv. 2 Human Adventurer Assassin
STR 3|DEX 3|STA 3.5|CON 7|WIS 6|CHA 3.75
Quest Progress | Challenge Thread

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 236lb
Fastest Sprint: 7mph
Longest Sprint: 1min @ 5mph

Progress Posts:

Daily Logs

Week 1

Week 2

What doesn't kill me makes me smarter.

Hey!  I really like the goals you've set for yourself.

I have always wanted to get my TEFL certification.  Where are you taking it through?  How is the running coming along?

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Yay!! Another Assassin joins the ranks!! Good to have ya Oxford! I like your goals a lot, and think you'll do just fine :) The TEFL sounds awesome and training "smart" is the best and only way to train sir! YOU GOT THIS!!

WOLF

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

@Elder, I'm taking the 100-hr TEFL certification online course through i-to-i. I've found it pretty easy to fit in and pretty common-sense to make my way through so far. I've finished the 60-hr teaching course and only have the 20-hr Grammar Training and two 10-hr Specialty courses left. It's been really easy to do the modules and take the quizzes around my schedule. The running has been going pretty good! I'm still having trouble with the Accelerometer, but otherwise the program is working really great for me.

@Pretzle, Wolf, thanks for the encouragement!

Well, janked my shoulder up on Thursday and even though it's now Saturday it's still giving me some trouble. Also got a shin splint in my left leg on Thursday, but MirGSS (shout-out) is awesome and let me borrow her foam roller to roll it out. Leg still kind of twinging today but mostly better-- just this shoulder that's giving me shit.

Actually, I'm liking it a lot; besides the shin splint (which I think mostly cropped up because of the introduction of heel lifts into the routine) I've actually been really enjoying it. I'm actually kind of ticked I have to take it slower, ha ha. I think it also helps that I'm using the Zombies, Run! 5k app. As a writer I'm very story-minded and so the addition of a plot helps me move along when I would otherwise be distracted by the stitch in my side.

That's awesome! I hate running, but the Zombies, Run! app is almost enough to get me trying it again. Maybe some future challenge after I've forgotten my running hatred. Glad it's working well for you!

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Did alright last week; I let too many things get in my way, like my C25K app malfunctioning (I LOST ALL MY DATA /sob) and having to slow down due to pushing myself too hard. This coming week I need to a) take better care of myself and B) really prioritize taking even an hour to myself every day.

It's really easy to get off track when you are super busy and pushing yourself too hard.  I have never used a foam roller, how do you like it?  Really terrible about all your data from your app, that sucks when you lose all your hard work!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Yeah, my app malfunctioned and stopped syncing  so I tried logging out and then logging back in, but it wouldn't let me log in! LUCKILY, I sent a bug report and now I am able to log back in and see all my shiny, shiny data. I popped back to my next mission today, and everything seems to be syncing better now. Possibly also because I went out and used the GPS instead of the Accelerometer. I like actually going outside better, I think. The GPS is accurate enough and it keeps great data on my speed, etc. I went 1.88mi today and got almost up to 8mph on one of the sprints! Pretty proud of that.

I like foam rollers. I tend to use a tennis ball, actually, which is a) cheaper and B) good for when you want to do small, specific areas. My shins just get so sore after I run, sometimes it's good (if incredibly painful) to work the knots out before they really have time to form.

Yeah, ha ha! It was nice to get it back. I was a total donut and skimped out on the rest of my runs this week, though-- okay Thursday I had an excuse but yesterday I totally had all day to go running and didn't. It would have been good for me too-- I didn't do anything all day because I was in a horrible mood, but running would have made me feel better, and then I would have been more productive.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines