Hey *waves shyly*

Nerd Fitness is a recent (& awesome) discovery I've made and given that I'm determined to complete my first six week challenge I figure I should say hi.

I'm just your average run-of-the-mill 21 year old with an AWESOME skill of being able to eat what I want and still "look good" for it.  I used to coast along on this idea and be absolutely fine with loading up on crap food and still staying at 120lb no matter what.  I have the "ideal" weight for my height but I'm not particularly fit  This is all going to change though.

The last 6 months have completely shattered all self-confidence I ever had.  I no longer feel comfortable in social scenarios but equally, I'm terrified of being alone.  I had a crazy few months where everything that could go wrong, did.  This led me to hiding away from anyone and anything strange, unusual or just out of the ordinary.  The situation soon escalated to the point where I was suffering severely from a cocktail of depression, anxiety & paranoia that made me incapable of doing anything without a "baby sitter".

It's time to kick depression's ass though!  I recently started hitting the gym again and discovered free weight training not only made me feel badass when I was doing it but also badass when I could hardly move the next day! [Confession - I was the girl stood in front of the mirror doing bicep curls at low weight for about 20 minutes a pop]  this is what bought me here to nerd fitness, I wanted want to learn more about weight training and strengthening up so time to start making some changes!

Sorry for the negative start but with any luck the coming weeks/months/years can lead onto a far more positive me!!!

Level 1 Adventurer

STR(2) DEX(1) STA(2) CON(4) WIS(3) CHA(2)

[Current Challenge]

[Day-to-day ramblings]

Welcome! It doesn't seem like such a negative start, more like you're ready to kick ass o/

You should check out this thread; link.

Good luck with your first challenge :)

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Good luck to you too terosx!

terrormortus - I've started to look at some of the exercises around here for free weights but also recently discovered my gym has a weight lifting class three times a week which is really handy.

They teach you how to do things like squats, deadlifts etc safely and can explain to you all the things you're doing wrong.  Admittedly they go with women lifting light but for many reps so I think I may outgrow it in the next few weeks.  BUt for starting out & building technique it's proving to be a real winner!!!

Level 1 Adventurer

[Current Challenge]

[Day-to-day ramblings]

My gym's kinda ideal for starting out as it's fairly cheap but has three sites spread across the city and all three are open 24/7 so I can work out whenever the mood strikes me!

Unfortunately, their weights don't go up too high - not braved going into the weights room on my own yet to investigate but I've heard other members whine about it previously - but for now it's great & if I can get into a good workout routine then I can treat myself to membership at a slightly more expensive gym with a better range! :D

Level 1 Adventurer

[Current Challenge]

[Day-to-day ramblings]