18ck

That was an awesome video. You'll catch up for this week.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

@fearlesscreek @aimless thanks!

@Nicolecanoes @Anwyl yep - pretty much caught up today - I did loads of walking (BIAM), a short, fast vibram run (actually not so short and all on rough concrete, so I was glad my running form came together because I flew over it!), 160 pushups, 12 v-ups and 5 different yoga poses.

Currently in bed with Lathrop and Dias. Lucky old me!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

18ckette informs me that "TNT - yo!" is because the barrels had TNT in them so week 2 - if I'm not careful - could be a lot louder and more spectacular!

There's a level two?

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

how's it going?

Can't complain!

There's a level two?

There's a level infinity!

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

So anyway, yesterday was a bit quiet - a bit of Portuguese, some resistance work and some walking (BIAM) but that's about it.

Last thing at night, I listened to a dude talking about the working routines of writers, artists and other creative types and he mentioned that a big common factor was people working either early in the morning or late at night so on a whim I set my alarm for 5 and went out and had an early morning adventure, I cycled up to town, swam 1km and then set up my slackline for the first time ever and tried a few steps but didn't manage to do the full length even of this fairly short distance! (It's not as bad as it looks - the wind was making it jiggle when I took the picture which is why it looks all twisted!). I was a bit worried early morning dog-walkers would come along and give me grief (British people are like that I'm afraid) but Billy Smart's Circus is set up in the Deer Park - just a few hundred yards to the right of this picture - so I guess they assumed I was a genuine circus folk, licensed to fall off ropes in a public space and they left me alone.

gallery_6311_12_14035.jpg

Back at home, after knocking out some kick-ass work (boast, boast, I know but I was really pleased with it!) I went off and did some tabatas of bent-over rows and 100 broad jumps over my toolbox (which I guess makes them box jumps? I dunno but there was sweat dripping off me when I finished so I know they worked!). So that's swimming, jumping and 3 steps balancing on the rope - 2.5 of my 3 mini-challenge goals in one day. Get in!

Anyway, I think I'll do some portuguese vocab work then hit the old proverbial.

Boa noite Scouts!

Hey 18ck!

Cute video :)

And tightrope-walking?  *looks around shiftly... and hisses* You should really be in the rangers ;) */hisses*

Looks like you picked a nice day for it :D  

Talking of the friendly general public, my friends once got grief from a dog-walker when she spotted me dressed as an assassin hiding up a tree... but the only reason I was up there is cos I'm afraid of dogs :D

Your tabata sounds pretty awesome.  I thought box jumps were where you jumped onto the top of a box but hey I'm no crossfitter so I could have it totally wrong :D

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

2.5 of my 3 mini-challenge goals in one day. Get in!

Get out!!! You ROCK!!! I love that you set up your slacklining gear in public!!! :D I wanna try!!! (I love finding fun new ways to break my neck...)

Level 1 Centaur Scout / Ranger

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Accountability Spreadsheet   Current challenge

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

~Earl Nightingale

Hey 18ck!

Hey Kev!

Cute video :)

And tightrope-walking?  *looks around shiftly... and hisses* You should really be in the rangers ;) */hisses*

Oh really? Are they in need of people who can fall off stuff in an amusing way then? :D

Looks like you picked a nice day for it :D

Yep! Lovely, in fact!

Talking of the friendly general public, my friends once got grief from a dog-walker when she spotted me dressed as an assassin hiding up a tree... but the only reason I was up there is cos I'm afraid of dogs :D

Being afraid of dogs seems like a disadvantage for an assassin. Anyway, you should definitely write the story up in full: that's an autobiography chapter, that is!

Your tabata sounds pretty awesome.  I thought box jumps were where you jumped onto the top of a box but hey I'm no crossfitter so I could have it totally wrong :D

Awesome is possibly not the word the people who live in the flat below us would use but it worked for me, yes! And you might be right about the box jumps - I'm not really sure how it works and suspect people use their own definitions anyway. The chap who does the circuits at the rowing club would call that a box jump and he has arms like tree-trunks so I'm not arguing!

Get out!!! You ROCK!!!

*blushes*

I love that you set up your slacklining gear in public!!! :D I wanna try!!! (I love finding fun new ways to break my neck...)

You should! (Don't break your neck though!). I tried a workshop at my local climbing centre to get started and I couldn't have managed without - it really isn't the sort of thing you can just do, but it's great and much more fun than just doing the same old exercises in the same old place!

whoa slacklining looks very cool but very scary even if it is close to the ground.  When I did gymnastics I was really not very good at beam, so balance things scare me.

Mm, I'm not great with balance either but I'm hoping this will help!

OK, so yesterday was um... oh crap, what did I do yesterday? Oh, some bent-over r... no, hang on that was the day before. Oh yeas, butterfly situps and pushups, plus - for my pixelated-babe-impressing goal, ordering some books off WOOK.co.pt. 

Today I went on a bike ride along the Thames Path, did a longer slacklining session and got up to five steps but still not all the way across the line so it looks like I will miss that goal for the mini-challenge. Form check video here in case you want to see how faily it all was. The weather was less than sparkling - there was a stiff breeze that kept shaking the line, which didn't help. I found myself saying "Oh fuck off wind!" quite loudly like a crazy old man, but it didn't fuck off and after a while I ceased to notice which was good. Eventually, rain stopped play and I went off to slob around in second hand bookshops instead. I also bought new running shoes and got some gait analysis while I was at it and that shed some light on the mysterious lopsided running style I was talking about a few weeks back. I think I have diagnosed myself as in need of foam rolling / stretching on the right leg and of some sort of strength exercise on the left leg. In the evening, I tested the new shoes and cracked on with some left-legged shrimp squats.

So cool reading your updates!!

The tight rope walking thingy looks really awesome!!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks on all fronts!

Rockin' day today: I went out sculling in the morning and it was lovely and sunny and I got some great blisters, then in the afternoon we all went out on a family cycle ride to Richmond Park where 18ckette had a riding lesson and I did some hill reps while Mrs 18ck read a book, then we did timed sprints (kinda a daddy-daughter ritual!) and she got her PB down by a few seconds by working on not running like a muppet. New cycling tricks for the daughter: starting to ride with one hand hovering off the handlebars and going over the scary bumpy bit. Total joy to see her pushing her boundaries!

Back at home, nice food and nice warm baths with nice warm books. I was thinking of doing some pushups too but I'm falling asleep as I type so it's bed for me I think!

Rockin' day today: I went out sculling in the morning and it was lovely and sunny and I got some great blisters, then in the afternoon we all went out on a family cycle ride to Richmond Park where 18ckette had a riding lesson and I did some hill reps while Mrs 18ck read a book, then we did timed sprints (kinda a daddy-daughter ritual!) and she got her PB down by a few seconds by working on not running like a muppet. New cycling tricks for the daughter: starting to ride with one hand hovering off the handlebars and going over the scary bumpy bit. Total joy to see her pushing her boundaries!

Back at home, nice food and nice warm baths with nice warm books. I was thinking of doing some pushups too but I'm falling asleep as I type so it's bed for me I think!

Sounds like a great day. Wait, what? Great blisters? scary stuff that

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Het 18ck! you are doing great!, I just saw your slacklining video, it looks like the most fun way to break an arm (second to the bike maybe), so I should give it a try!!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines