• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Croman Red

Croman Red, Fourth Challenge: Adapt or die.

Why did he stop?

Injuries. He was never very good at taking care of his aches and pains, and they eventually caught up to him. I'm determined not to end up that way, which is why I try to take care of my aches and pains as well as I can as soon as I can, but I come from a family tradition of ignoring issues like that until one can no longer move, and then only giving it a half-assed try of correcting it.

24 April 2013

Mobility

Ran 2.5 x 25 min pace

70 push ups

70 sit ups

German

Notes:

Mobility was cursory.  Run was too.  German was fun enough.  This one was a "check the box".

They're at that age where gains come easy and getting cocky because of it.  I figure its a moral obligation to keep upping the bar so they don't get complacent.  I don't want them to think it all ends at 30.  I know I did, and I've been making it up since then:)

This is the technique I am using as well.  Except the kid is keeping the bar exceptionally low no matter how hard I try to motivate him.  Doesn't even walk yet.  Lazy.

So crawl around on the floor with him while you still can.  Today might be your last chance to if he starts walking tonight:)   You've got the rest of his life to be UberDad.

This is the technique I am using as well.  Except the kid is keeping the bar exceptionally low no matter how hard I try to motivate him.  Doesn't even walk yet.  Lazy.

So crawl around on the floor with him while you still can.  Today might be your last chance to if he starts walking tonight:)   You've got the rest of his life to be UberDad.

Haha, seriously, enjoy it now - next thing you know, you look away for a second and he's half a mile away, setting things on fire.

Also, Croman, I love that your "check the box" involves 70 push-ups. I wouldn't be able to lift the pen to check the box after that!

Aeryn:  Thanks for the reality check:)  I hope I didn't come off wrong, I was just having one of those workouts where everything felt wrong and I was doing it just to get it over with.

Haha, nope, didn't come off wrong, I've definitely had workouts like that! I'm just still totally impressed with your workout anyway. :)

Look!

They guy at the store didn't even blink, he was just like 'We're running low on numbers, I'm not sure I have a 1...' (I originally wanted 17). It makes me wonder what would make him blink/ask, and if anyone has ever gotten him to...

post-11959-0-53552900-1366918905_thumb.j

Look!

They guy at the store didn't even blink, he was just like 'We're running low on numbers, I'm not sure I have a 1...' (I originally wanted 17). It makes me wonder what would make him blink/ask, and if anyone has ever gotten him to...

attachicon.giftshirt.jpg

LOVE!!!

Look!

attachicon.giftshirt.jpg

You have unleashed your inner awesomeness!  I love it:)

This is my official climbing shirt, to be traded off with my Assassin's Creed shirt when this one gets smelly. Actually, I like it well enough to just wear it whenever, all my t-shirts double as workout shirts when they're on the top of the pile and I need to get dressed...

25 April 2013

German

Ran 2.5 x 9.36 pace

80 Sit ups

80 push ups

Mobility

Notes:

Tonight was another "just get it done" workout, but it felt better overall.  Hard getting used to this warm weather, so I'm working out later at night.  

The APFT was postponed until 3 May.  Oh well, this week's program still works for the run on Sunday,  and I wanted to get a little more balanced after week 1.

Sleeping and eating have been irregular all week. They've settled into a screwed up pattern that won't work over the long run, even though it kind of works for now.  Not keeping up with the change of seasons...bring back the ice!

I hear ya on the change of seasons. I'm happy with the lack of ice, at least on the sidewalks, but some cold sunny days would be nice... But good on ya for getting out and doing it, I only managed an hour or so of wandering around the city looking for hidden things...

I hear ya on the change of seasons. I'm happy with the lack of ice, at least on the sidewalks, but some cold sunny days would be nice... But good on ya for getting out and doing it, I only managed an hour or so of wandering around the city looking for hidden things...

Wandering around looking for hidden things...that has some profound spin-offs:)

Nice avatar, bub. :)

Look!

attachicon.giftshirt.jpg

Well, crap.  It's spreading...

You guys are so awesome.  :)

War?  Heaven forbid!  The peace loving Chaossans of the Benevolent Order of Discordian Heretics extend a brotherly/sisterly heckling to all our, poor, misguided Tabullassin sisters and brothers, regardless of their perpetuation of the Spreadsheet abomination:) 

Wolverine, The High Tabulator, is recovering from an owie, so he's a bit cranky right now.  The Schism is a disorganized movement whose core purpose is to ween our OCD (CDO?) friends off their spreadsheet dependencies.  The movement grew out of my bonus goal of hassling Wolverine during this challenge.  He was scheduled for a surgery and I wanted to lighten things up for him.  Some of our fellow Assassins liked the anti-spreadsheet element of all this and we've been "wingingit" and "makingitupaswegoalong" ever since:)  Obax really overachieved with her Chaossin Heretic super-shirt.

You can trace the growth of the Chaossin Heresy by scanning the following posts: 

Croman Red fourth challenge adapt or die:  14, 16-17, 19-22, 25-26 April

Aeryn's up and down challenge:  14, 17-19, 20-24 April

Wolverine the musical:  12, 14, 21-22 April

Obax keeps on trucking:  13, 24-25 April

Look for posts by BlackWidowEowyn, CrazyHawaiian21, HappieNumber, Surge_Supra, Nuala, Zebarah, and Elastigirl.  

Obax, most devoted disciple of Discordia, your passion for chaos is commendable, but you have yet to fully embrace the madness:(  Internal consistency is a sign or order and must be resisted at every turn!

Obax, most devoted disciple of Discordia, your passion for chaos is commendable, but you have yet to fully embrace the madness:(  Internal consistency is a sign or order and must be resisted at every turn!

This is my favorite part of Discordia. I can be chaotic or routine depending on whatever crazed mood I'm in.This is good :playful:

26 April 2013

Ran x 2.5 miles x 9 min 36 sec pace.

70 push ups

70 sit ups

Mobility

German

Notes:

Nice maintenance workout.  Getting my head ready for Sunday.  Posted this late today because I was busy spreading the Heresy:)