Spider: Back to the Lab again!

Spider

Positive vibes headed your way! I hope this coming week is better.

Way to go with all your food postings. It's hard to hang in there every day.

Thanks! The B&B chocolate therapy and the pedicure helped, but mostly I had to get away from it. Sadly, I have to leap back in tomorrow, but I'm doing better. I've been saying the one on page 208 of this: http://books.google.com/books?id=tquqpfeL7BsC&pg=PA209&lpg=PA209&dq=ceisiwr+serith+ganesh&source=bl&ots=NJp5Kt8Gbu&sig=67scHM1dw4-ttByKVMK6sCWTPIg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=PlyEUcDNFYv88QTmkYC4CQ&ved=0CDkQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=ceisiwr%20serith%20ganesh&f=false

(Apologies for the long URL.)

I just pruned a little of the crepe myrtle in the backyard (boo, something is eating my lettuce seeds), and then I watched this week's doctor who.

Spider

Hedgewitch Druid, Level 3

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 5.5 | CON 4 | WIS 8 | CHA 6

Just Ended Challenge: Spider Goes Back to School

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.†― Will Rogers

Danke!

Monday, I ate:

bf: sprouted grain bread, 2T Almond butter

lunch: green salad, balsamic vinaigrette, hardboiled egg, Greek yogurt, apple, 32 oz water

snack: No time

dinner: carrots and dip, almond butter toast, cheese toast, hardboiled egg

Did bellydance drills.

Spider

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.†― Will Rogers

Tuesday, I ate:

snack: Roman Food Day in class: bite-sized amounts of Moretum, Mel et Caseum, Olivarum Conditurae, Cecina, Pullum Frontonanium, et Dulcia Domestica
lunch: green salad, balsamic vinaigrette, salmon patty, apple, 32 oz water
dinner: almond butter with apple slices, whole wheat olive oil biscuits, yogurt, 32 oz water.

Did pushups!

Spider

Wednesday, I ate:
lunch: chicken sausage, antipasto salad, Greek yogurt, apple, 32 oz water
dinner: jimmy johns turkey bacon lettuce wrap (no bread), thinny chips, wasabi peas, 32 oz water

Thursday, I ate:
lunch: chicken sausage, antipasto salad, 32 oz water
snack: 3/4 of a synmphony chocolate bar
dinner: Greek yogurt, apple, coke zero

Last night was the honor org's induction.  I didn't leave school wednesday until 6:30pm, and I didn't leave thursday until 9:40pm.  It wasn't so much that I had dinner, so much as i spread out lunch.

Spider

Friday, I ate:

lunch: chicken sausage, antipasto salad, Greek yogurt, apple, 32 oz water

snack: 1 lemon sugar cookie

dinner: 2 pancakes (made with kefir & whole wheat flour), 1 tb almond butter, 2 T choc chips, a Greek yogurt

Saturday, I ate:

bf: sprouted grain bread, 2T Almond butter, half an apple

lunch: whole foods sushi, 32 oz water

snack: none

Dinner: at the baseball game: BBQ nachos, water, diet coke

Spider

Yup! I took a friend and her 11/12 year old to the baseball game last night. It was exhausting, but he had a great time!

Spider

Sunday, I ate:

bf: sprouted grain bread, 4 egg whites, apple, 32 oz water

snack: carrots with dip, baked potato chips

dinner: white wine, orzo, seared scallops, baby Bok choy, homemade ice cream for dessert

Push-ups!

Arms workout!

Monday, I ate:

lunch: whole foods mahimahi burger, sautéed peppers/onions/carrots, apple, yogurt, 32 oz water

snack: raw veggies and dip, 3 chocolate chip cookies (at a meeting)

Dinner: 2 whole wheat kefir pancakes, yogurt, 32 oz water

Spider

Today, I ate:

bf: 1 leftover pancake, 2T Almond butter
lunch: whole foods mahimahi burger, sautéed peppers/onions/carrots, apple, yogurt, 32 oz water
snack: raw veggies and dip
Dinner: Jimmyjohns roast beef lettuce wrap, thinny chips, 32 oz water

Pushups & arms during Grimm!

Spider

I am using the 100 pushups app.  I already accomplished it as a New years' challenge (with a friend) for a previous challenge and now I am going back to it for maintenance.

While I can do traditional pushups, I can do more and sustain the practice if I do them modified.  :)

Spider

Check-In 3 & 4!

1) working out 4x a week: +3 STA

2) return to the push-ups challenge +1 STR

3) post my food here +1 WIS

4) little life goals/self-improvement (done by average: 8 things a week x 6 weeks = 48)x +2 CHA

• embroidery for SCA tunic*
  • attend SCA event (+1 for entering the dessert contest)
  • tend garden (defined as watering on days when it doesn't rain, and weekend weeding)
  • switch closets for season
  • thorough cleanup of downstairs (declutter, wipe down, sweep, mop, dust)
  • next craft project (must post pics)
  • be social once per week/weekend (weekend preferrable)
  • try to go to bed by 10pm 3x a week (1 of 1 if I manage all 3x)

Week 1:

1) 3 of 4x

2) only 1x this week.  I'll give myself that one, as I'm just coming back to it, but after this, it has to be 3x per week.

3) 7 of 7x.

4) (I'll have to do these just "to-date")

Week 2:

1) 2 of 4x (had to skip one BD class to be at SCA event)

2) only 1x  BADBADBAD!

3) 7 of 7x.

4) (update below)

Week 3:

1) 3 of 4x

2) 2x

3) 7 of 7x

4) (update below)

Week 4:

1) 3 of 4x

2) 3 of 3x (FINALLY)

3) 7 of 7x

4)

:eagerness: embroidery for SCA tunic

:eagerness: +1  attend SCA event (+1 for entering the dessert contest)

:eagerness: tend garden (defined as watering on days when it doesn't rain, and weekend weeding)

:emptiness:   switch closets for season

:apologetic:  thorough cleanup of downstairs (declutter, wipe down, sweep, mop, dust)  So far 2x, but nothing that would qualify as completing it!

:eagerness: Jorvik cap-- have stitched on it 3x now.

:eagerness: be social once per week/weekend (weekend preferrable)  Social wks 1,2,&4--- weekend 3, I was in recovery from school stuff.

:apologetic:   try to go to bed by 10pm 3x a week STILL NOTHING HERE.  This may have been over-reaching when we are in the last weeks of school.  But it's a goal.  Especially, as they've changed the start time for school for next year, so I'll need to train myself over the summer!

Got on the scale after ignoring it for a month-- no change!  And that's actually what I wanted to see.  I reduced cardio (except for dance class), and upped weights, and I'm in the midst of the second most stressful time of the school year, so I am WELL PLEASED!

Spider

New Recipe, y'all!

I finally got to where I had used enough of the flour I had hanging around, where I could enact the promise I'd made myself: When I use up my regular flour, I'm going to go and buy sprouted grain flour.  Now, I'm still going to need King Arthur's unbleached all purpose flour for other things that can't be made with sprouted grain flour, but most of that stuff is special occasion (cookies, pie crust, etc.).  Bread things like, well, bread, biscuits, scones, can be made with the sprouted grain flour.

So, with the last 2 cups of regular-- I made a loaf of Soaked Grain Bread in the Bread Machine! 

I used this site (http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2012/07/soaked-whole-wheat-bread-in-the-bread-machine.html) as my source.  Fair warning, the original poster is very religious.  I'm not of her faith, but that has nothing to do with bread!

I didn't have oats on hand (I want to get some sprouted versions of that, too), so here are my modifications!

1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice), plus enough water to make 1 cup
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbsp Extra virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup oats
2 cups whole wheat flour
1-2 Tbsp add-ins (I used a Tbsp of Flax seed & 1 Tbsp of almond flour for moisture)

2 Tbsp warm water
1/4 tsp honey or sugar
2 tsp yeast
1 1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vital wheat gluten
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour

It came out like all bread should!  The last 3/4 cup flour hasn't been modified, but I suspect the impact of the phytic acid is minimal in the grand scheme of things.  I would probably up the salt to 1.25 teaspoons for taste.

The main thing I liked about this is that it rose.  A lot of soaked recipes use TOO much liquid and then the bread won't rise properly.  But this does, and has a tooth (also sometimes called a crumb-- either way, means texture AND appearance) like regularly made bread does.

I may use this even after I get my new flour!

Spider

Check-In 3 & 4!

1) working out 4x a week: +3 STA

2) return to the push-ups challenge +1 STR

3) post my food here +1 WIS

4) little life goals/self-improvement (done by average: 8 things a week x 6 weeks = 48)x +2 CHA

• embroidery for SCA tunic*
  • attend SCA event (+1 for entering the dessert contest)
  • tend garden (defined as watering on days when it doesn't rain, and weekend weeding)
  • switch closets for season
  • thorough cleanup of downstairs (declutter, wipe down, sweep, mop, dust)
  • next craft project (must post pics)
  • be social once per week/weekend (weekend preferrable)
  • try to go to bed by 10pm 3x a week (1 of 1 if I manage all 3x)

Week 1:

1) 3 of 4x

2) only 1x this week.  I'll give myself that one, as I'm just coming back to it, but after this, it has to be 3x per week.

3) 7 of 7x.

4) (I'll have to do these just "to-date")

Week 2:

1) 2 of 4x (had to skip one BD class to be at SCA event)

2) only 1x  BADBADBAD!

3) 7 of 7x.

4) (update below)

Week 3:

1) 3 of 4x

2) 2x

3) 7 of 7x

4) (update below)

Week 4:

1) 3 of 4x

2) 3 of 3x (FINALLY)

3) 7 of 7x

4)

:eagerness: embroidery for SCA tunic

:eagerness: +1  attend SCA event (+1 for entering the dessert contest)

:eagerness: tend garden (defined as watering on days when it doesn't rain, and weekend weeding)

:emptiness:   switch closets for season

:apologetic:  thorough cleanup of downstairs (declutter, wipe down, sweep, mop, dust)  So far 2x, but nothing that would qualify as completing it!

:eagerness: Jorvik cap-- have stitched on it 3x now.

:eagerness: be social once per week/weekend (weekend preferrable)  Social wks 1,2,&4--- weekend 3, I was in recovery from school stuff.

:apologetic:   try to go to bed by 10pm 3x a week STILL NOTHING HERE.  This may have been over-reaching when we are in the last weeks of school.  But it's a goal.  Especially, as they've changed the start time for school for next year, so I'll need to train myself over the summer!

Got on the scale after ignoring it for a month-- no change!  And that's actually what I wanted to see.  I reduced cardio (except for dance class), and upped weights, and I'm in the midst of the second most stressful time of the school year, so I am WELL PLEASED!

-and so you should be!

Your food postings are an inspiration and just look at all the things you got done.

Also, still keeping on track during stressful times, well done!

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Wednesday, I ate:

bf: 2 slices soaked grain bread, 2T Almond butter

snack: a mix of semisweet and 62% cacao chips

Dinner: whole foods chicken salad, mixed greens, carrots, 32 oz water

Thursday, I ate:

lunch: whole foods mahimahi burger, mixed greens with a balsamic vinaigrette, apple, yogurt, 32 oz water

Dinner: 1.5 slices bacon, an egg, and a slice of soaked grain bread with cheddar, mixed greens, carrots, 32 oz water

Friday, I ate:

lunch: whole foods chicken salad, mixed greens, carrots, apple, yogurt, 32 oz water

Dinner: whole foods chicken salad, carrots, a slice of the SG bread, slice of cheddar, 2slices bacon, 32 oz club soda with unsweetened cranberry juice and vodka

Also, I've started taking 1 acidophilus capsule at night (1/3 of a dose, which is 3 capsules). I wanted to keep my gut flora happy!

Spider

Oh, and some junk food was eaten at the Latin clubs last meeting: 4 Oreos, some Potato chips, and a 2-bite brownie. (Geez, it didn't feel like so much when I ate it!)

Spider

Saturday, I ate:

bf: 2 slices soaked grain bread, 1T Almond butter, 1T butter (toasts for bf!)

lunch: some leftover French fries @a friends house before movies, apple, yogurt, 32 oz water

snack: a diet coke at the movies

Dinner: steamed chicken salad with ginger dressing, bacon wrapped stuffed olives, 2 sidecars (cocktails)

I taught dance class, and went to see Star Trek with friends!

Sunday, I ate:

bf: Chocolate chip pancakes (homemade, had a movie friend crash over) & a slice of bacon

lunch:1ounce cheese, 1 leftover (non chocolate) pancake, 32 oz water

snack: 1/3 cup homemade ice cream at mom and dad's

Dinner: salad with cucumbers, carrots, etc, topped with pulled pork & BBQ sauce as the salad dressing, plus seasoned fries, water

One of my friends drove up an hour for the movie, so she crashed with me, and when we got up the next day, I made pancakes with the wheat flour and 62% chocolate chips, and we watched the Doctor Who finale.

I eased up on lunch as a result, and ate a salad from the local BBQ place, since I didn't have family dinner. Also, I worked 2 Hours in the garden!

Spider

Well, 6 is likely to upset you. I couldn't stand it. To this day, I still want to slap Moffat across the face and shake him vigorously.

But thanks for the compliment on the challenge!

Spider

Monday, I ate:

bf: 2 small leftover pancakes, 1T Almond butter

Snack: a student brought a donut to the exam

lunch: an experimental tuna salad recipe (did not come out well, tossed it), apple, yogurt, 32 oz water

snack: some Oreos with the students

Dinner: carrots with dip, 1/2 cup tuna, slice of cheddar, 1 slice soaked grain bread with almond butter and 1/4 tsp cinnamon sugar, water

Tuesday (today), I ate:

bf: 2 slices soaked grain bread with 2T almond butter

lunch:1ounce cheese, green salad with carrots, hardboiled egg, apple, yogurt, 32 oz water

snack: donut (someday I will educate the parents about thanking us with food)

Dinner: buittoni ravioli with sautéed spinach, peppers, onions, and mushrooms (huge veggie saute!), some carrots with dip, and the white of a hardboiled egg (for protein), water

Push-ups and bellydance drills tonight.

Spider

Yesterday, I had the same BF with two glugs of kefir.  (I drank from the bottle before I left for work.  Don't judge!)

Lunch was the same.

Snack was half a zucchini muffin and 2 squares of dark choc.

Dinner was Carrot sticks & roasted veggie ranch dip from California kitchen brand, Whole foods truly chicken salad on sprouted grain bread, 32oz water, but no yogurt, because I had to get to the SCA weekly meeting.  I found myself hungry again after I came back and had a piece of cinnamon raisin toast and two spoonfuls of chicken salad from the container.

Here is my recipe for the stew:

Onions (I used onions, celery, & green pepper mix, frozen from the grocery store)

assorted spices (Mrs. Dash & some sea salt)

olive oil

1 HUGE can of Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes

2 medium zucchini

2 medium yellow squash

1 package turkey smoked sausage (or Turkey keilbasa, or Italian style turkey sausage, if you prefer)

I used a slow cooker!

Put the liner in your slow cooker, throw in 1-2 tbs olive oil, and set on high.

Come back in 20 minutes, toss in your onions, and saute them (which means walking away for another 20 minutes).

Add cut up squash and zucchini, cook for a while without the tomatoes.

Lastly, add entire can of tomatoes with the juice, and diced sausage.

Cook on high for 90 minutes, or low for 2 hours.

(Alternatively, put it all in on a timer to be ready when you get home from work.)

Do you have a recipe for the Zuccinni muffin or did you buy it?

Level 1 Doppelganger Druid

Str 4 Dex 4 Sta 3.5 Con 4 Wis 4.5 Cha 6

"The bond that links true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each others life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." Richard Bach

Do you have a recipe for the Zuccinni muffin or did you buy it?

Unfortunately, I bought it at whole foods! We haven't yet hit the too much zucchini stage of growing here!

Spider

Wednesday, I ate:

bf: 2T almond butter and a Greek yogurt

lunch: leftover pasta and a hardboiled egg, apple, yogurt, 32 oz water

snack: some ginger snaps

Dinner: carrots with dip, jimmy johns turkey avocado wrap, thinny chips

Thursday, I ate:

bf: 2T almond butter

lunch: Asian chicken salad from deli (chicken, red peppers, pineapple, greens, napa cabbage, peanut sauce, vinaigrette), half of my coworker's chips, 32 oz water

snack: a candy bar

Dinner: leftover ravioli, carrots, and almond butter-cinnamon toast, water

With the help of some students we "took down" the classroom and the last hour (the carrying of filled milk crates to my car) I counted as a workout.

I have been more hungry than usual this week, and I am going to try to reset my food orientation (more paleo-primal, less grains) this week.

Spider

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines