Spider: Back to the Lab again!

Spider

Friday, I ate:

bf: a slice of bacon, the leftover mushrooms from the pasta, an egg + an egg white, 1 slice toast

lunch: lettuce wrap, carrots, low fat chips, 32 oz water

snack: none

Dinner: 2 slices bread, butter, hardboiled egg, apple, mini yogurt, 70% dark choc with coconut

Saturday (today), I ate:

bf: 2t almond butter, Greek yogurt, slice of sprouted grain bread

lunch: friend took me to middle eastern place- shwarma on a Greek salad, 4 glasses of "iced tea" (non caffeinated tea, ginger, sage, honey, lemon, all shaken over ice)

snack: frozen fruit pop, 70% dk choc w/ coconut

Dinner: probably make a lettuce wrap & chips, maybe a mini yogurt, water

Taught second to last bellydance class today, then had a nice lunch and chat with a friend. Now at home with a book from the library! Bliss!

Spider

Hedgewitch Druid, Level 3

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 5.5 | CON 4 | WIS 8 | CHA 6

Just Ended Challenge: Spider Goes Back to School

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.†― Will Rogers

Sunday, I ate:

2 slices sprouted grain bread

Light mayo

4 egg whites (I was making ice cream and had the whites leftover)

Lettuce

Tomato

Deli turkey

Bacon

Water

That was about 10 am, so I didn't really eat again until I had to work graduation for the students. Behind the scenes, I had a dried fruit bar, a mini Greek yogurt, an apple, and water. When I got home, I ate a some dark chocolate & some baked chips.

Spider

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.†― Will Rogers

Ice cream-- not for everyday, but not too hard to make!

1 cup organic heavy cream

1 cup organic light cream

2 cups organic whole milk (or org. half & half)

1/2 cup sugar (veganized sugar is white without the chemical process)

4 farmers market eggs

1 tsp fiori di scicilia

3 tsps vanilla extract

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup cherry concentrate (http://www.cherrybayorchards.com/cherry-concentrate/bottle/16-oz.html) (it's 100% cherry juice; nothing else)

2 cups fresh cherries (organic or farmers market)

1/2 cup fresh cherries, processed with 2 Tbsp vodka (or Kirsch)

Warm the dairy over medium low heat. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks & sugar, until pale, thick, and making long "ribbons." When the dairy simmers, remove it from the heat, add the fiori and vanilla, and let cool to room temperature. Add a little dairy to the eggs, incorporate it, then work in the rest.

Return the mixture to low (!!!) heat, stirring, until the custard thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon (and you can drag a finger through it, with no drips).

Remove from heat, whisk in salt. Cool to room temperature, whisk in cherry concentrate. Cool in fridge a minimum of 2 hours, but overnight is best.

Put into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker according to directions. Churn for 25-30 minutes. In the last 3 minutes, mix in the slurry of cherries and vodka.

Layer the ice cream and fresh cherries in your container, then place in freezer. Freeze for a minimum of 3-4 hours.

*the vodka keeps the ice cream from going absolutely rock-hard once it ripens in the freezer.

Spider

Spider, you are evil! I can not come to your topic thread without getting ravenously hungry! ;)

Sounds like you are doing great. Well done on maintaining your weight through stressful times and adjustment of your exercise routine. 

Looking forward to your final report. :D

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

1) working out 4x a week: +3 STA

-2 of these are going to be bellydance-- I'm shadowing a Monday class, and teaching a Saturday class!

-I want one of these to be the beginners' bodyweight workout

-the other can be yoga, or a walk, or gardening (if its more than an hour)

I'll give myself a 2 out of 3 on this.

2) return to the push-ups challenge +1 STR

-I haven't done any for 2 challenges, so I need to get back on track with that. I may try the crunches challenge with that, too.

I got back to it, but not consistently, so 0. I'm cheered though, that I have more interest in it again, so that's good.

3) post my food here +1 WIS

-this would mean telling y'all what I'm eating for breakfast for the week & lunch for the week (I make a big meal and portion it out for packing lunches), and then posting about my dinners and weekend meals. I think it makes more sense because I'm already going to be coming here to post!

Full points! +1 WIS!

4) little life goals/self-improvement (done by average: 8 things a week x 6 weeks = 48)x +2 CHA

1. embroidery for SCA tunic*

2. attend SCA event (+1 for entering the dessert contest)

3. tend garden (defined as watering on days when it doesn't rain, and weekend weeding)

4. switch closets for season

5. thorough cleanup of downstairs (declutter, wipe down, sweep, mop, dust)

6. next craft project (must post pics)

7. be social once per week/weekend (weekend preferrable)

8. try to go to bed by 10pm 3x a week (1 of 1 if I manage all 3x)

I managed 1, 2, 3, part of 5, 6, & 7. 6 things x 6 weeks = 36... /48 = .75... X2= +1.5 CHA

Final totals: +2 STA, +1 WIS, +1.5 CHA

Spider

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines