allirep asks herself - poop or chocolate?

allirep

yard work FTW - which means i'm spent.  going to have to regroup so i can squeeze in some yoga tonight.

tried a new pork tenderloin cooking method/recipe this week. i'll have to try it again. def made the pork juicier.  although it did not save on cooking time like it was supposed to.

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

absolutely did not do any yoga yesterday. so i broke it into 2 sessions today - in hopes that i won't use the extra time as an excuse to not exercise for 4 days. so week 4 total at 120 of 120 minutes!

made the family a delicious primal breakfast this morning.  almond banana pancakes w/strawberry topping, bacon, cucumbers and some cheese.  good times.

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Hi! Like others, your topic title compelled me to read :)

Have you ever tried yin yoga to relax your hips?  I used to take classes and am just getting back into it.  Basically, you hold floor poses for 4ish minutes and just focus on relaxing into the stretch every time you exhale. It stretches the connective tissue, and miraculously I was somehow never sore the next day.  There's some full classes on youtube if you want to try it out!

Level 4 Twi'lek Adventurer

STR: 3 | DEX: 4 | STA: 7 | CON: 10 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 5.5

Current Challenge

Do not betray your fellow bats.  FOTB!

Hi! Like others, your topic title compelled me to read :)

Have you ever tried yin yoga to relax your hips?  I used to take classes and am just getting back into it.  Basically, you hold floor poses for 4ish minutes and just focus on relaxing into the stretch every time you exhale. It stretches the connective tissue, and miraculously I was somehow never sore the next day.  There's some full classes on youtube if you want to try it out!

i will def look into that.  it is an area i need the most work in.  like most adults i guess.

15 minutes of yoga last night + 25 minutes today = 55 of 120 minutes total.

i've clearly waited until the last minute this week.  again.  i'm going to try and stretch my hips out tonight and I guess a really long session tomorrow. 

i just want it on the record that i absolutely did not buy any hagen daas rum raisin ice cream today.  even though that is my absolute favorite ice cream in the whole world.  

i'm a little sad about that.  i'll probably celebrate my 6 weeks of pretty good eating w/some rum raisin ice cream.  maybe i can figure out how to make it w/coconut milk...

i have not fallen off the wagon completely - i am just too busy to post  :sulkiness:

i will finish my goal 4 w/bonus reading also complete

i made a dang ton of primal meals.  cooked this yesterday for the first time. not bad.

im going to end up pulling off a solid B on my eating primal and no crazy sugar stuffs.

i def caved and ate some ice cream. arg.  not even rum raisin.  which means i settled.  not good.  not terrible.  coulda done better.

it remains to be seen if i will squeeze in the yoga this last week of the challenge.  i've gotten a whole 20 minutes of 120 done this week.  

next challenge i'm going to focus on fixing my posture.  

Sounds like you are doing an awesome job of keeping up with the challenge even though you are busy. :)

Argh on the settling. I know how you feel, caving in for something that isnt even what you are craving makes you feel twice as bad. Mind you, we are all human, so caving in every now and then is OK... next time make sure its worth it! :)

Looking forward to your final update! :)

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Ok so here it is - 

POOP OR CHOCOLATE?: All your questions answered....

Goal 1: Clean Up My Diet - I did WAY better than I anticipated.  In fact, I think I did an overall spectacular job of sticking to the 80/20 primal philosophy.  I did flub a time or two - but I didn't fret about it.  And i successfully resisted quite a few tasty treats.  I really feel like i've made some significant progress  Didn't loose any weight - but i didnt gain either.  and that is the key ;)FINAL SCORE: B. Attributes Earned: +1 CON, +1 CHA, +1 STA

Goal 2:  Develop a Primal workout regime - I made it every week but this last week. I can tell I am getting a little stronger and a little more flexible in the hips.  I'm really enjoying the yoga sessions. And I am slowly developing the habit of stretching and moving.  Though I tended to commit to a handful of longer sessions instead of stretching it out. So I'll pro-rate my earning by subtracting 1 from STA and CON. I hate partial points.   FINAL SCORE: B.+ Attributes: +2 STR, +2 DEX, +1 STA, +1 CON

Goal 3: Expand my primal meal repertoire - This turned out to be incredibly easy.  Home run here.  My hubby decided after week 1 that he wanted to try eating primal. so i threw out his grain snacks and made all primal meals.  tried some great recipes.  He really like the curry. He has lost 12 pounds in 5 weeks and is really excited.  I'm excited.  Will continue trying some new things.  FINAL SCORE: A+. Attributes: +1 WIS, +1 CHA

Goal 4: Read - I finished my reading goals early on.  I did start the next GoT book.  And I've got some book requests in at the library for my next round of reading.  FINAL SCORE: A. Attributes: +1 WIS

I feel good about this challenge.  I am excited that I mostly managed to stick with Goal 2. I was the most afraid of that one.  I usually fail to maintain a workout regime. i find it hard to establish that habit. but i'm doing well this time around.  i def slacked last week - but yesterday i picked back up and did about 25 minutes of some much needed stretching of the hips.  So, still moving forward! I've got a game plan of sorts for the next challenge - now i just need a new catchy title.....

Nice job! You did really well, congratulations.

It looks like you are really seeing positive changes from it as well, doesn't that make you want to keep going?

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Nice job! You did really well, congratulations.

It looks like you are really seeing positive changes from it as well, doesn't that make you want to keep going?

absolutely! i'm thinking of tackling something huge this next 6 weeks.  like learning to do a handstand.  i'm not sure if that is possible in 6 weeks. i may not be strong enough.  still mulling it over.  

Might be good to have your goal be a certain amount of handstand practice per week. Maybe make side goals of headstand/crow stand time.

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines