Nicks_Scotland's four C challenge

The weather was sideways rain and some hail thrown in yesterday, so I only left my flat to go to gym class in the evening.  Mooched around doing not much of anything during the day - was great!

Woke up today on the wrong side of the bed or something though.   In a right grump, snapping at anyone for any reason, also feel a bit icky, mixture of slightly light headed plus feeling like I might throw up!  I'm never ill and normally I'm only grumpy when I've not had enough sleep, but I had a good sleep (plus yesterday's long lie).   Today is rest day (pub shift rather than exercise classes), I'm sure I'll feel back to cheery me tomorrow!

I haven't weighed myself since the start of this challenge, I've also got a weight-loss challenge running with my friend Heather which ends Monday coming.  Last time she won by one lb!!  I'm hoping I've got her beat this time (winner buys dinner!).   Trying to decide what number I really want to see on the scale.  I'm always too damn hopeful and need to start psyching myself up to just keeping going no matter what it says.....  The NF challenge is one more week so that should keep me going if it's a dreadful result! :)

Human – adventurer – level 2

STR:  2   DEX:  3   STA: 5

CON:  6         WIS:  8.5         CHA:  4.5

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

myfitnesspal

first challenge - smashed it!

second challenge - failed!

current challenge

Last night during my pub shift, one of the regulars asked if I was still "chocolate free".  I told him nearly 5 weeks down.  He shook my hand and said well done, I then added that I was also "candy, cookie, chips, crisps, chinese takeaway, cider, potato, pasta and rice free".  You should have seen his face!!  He's a chef so I could see him trying to figure out in his head what I was actually eating!!  Also his nephew (another regular) who works at the chinese takeaway was in, he then proceeded to say that he noticed I hadn't been in and that he recon'd I'd be in for a takeaway within a week.  

He is so wrong!!!  

I'm loving the primal life, I'm loving more how I feel (apart from yesterday) I've been full of beans (haha!).  I'm getting in to most of my smaller clothes and I actually should buy some new works trousers, cos if my black pair didn't have a belt included, they'd never stay up!

:)

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

myfitnesspal

current challenge

That loose clothes feeling is pretty cool. I have shirts that I haven't worn in a couple years that are now back in my regular rotation. Well done on sticking to food that works for you, once you find that never let it go.

"Curtain's up. Everyone's waiting for the hero to take the stage. And the spotlight's on you now." - Alfred, to Dick Grayson, Batman and Robin #2

Current Challenge

That loose clothes feeling is pretty cool. I have shirts that I haven't worn in a couple years that are now back in my regular rotation. Well done on sticking to food that works for you, once you find that never let it go.

I've been living in mostly 3 sets of outfits, my work clothes, my gym clothes and my pyjamas!   Although I have noticed them all getting looser, it was only when I put on my jeans and T-shirt today (saturday office is dress down day) that I really realised that I'm shrinking.  My uk14 jeans aren't tight anymore, my muffin top has gone and the seaworld T-shirt that I bought on holiday last year is officially too big! :( and :)

Congrats on making it five weeks without any of that stuff! That is some seriously impressive will power!

I'm not even really sure how I managed it! (Well, it was one day at a time but....)   I know from the past that if I'd cheated with even just a square of chocolate that the flood gates would have opened and I would have splurged.  I think the feeling of "winning/succeeding" has kept me going, the higher the number of days being 100% is, the more determined I am to keep going!

On another note I've not been feeling 100% this week, on Thursday I was particularly icky and last night at gym class 75% effort was the best I could put in.   I think I'll plan the "off" week between challenges to be a higher/maintenance calorie week (still primal) and then I'll drop down again for challenge time.    I've got most of my challenges sussed for the next one too, I think......

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Sorry to hear your not feeling so great, but the rest if fabulous! It's always nice to have bigger clothes.

I have an idea for my next challenge, but I need to do some research first. Going to focus in in the strength training plus work toward getting my 5k on. There will be lots of swimming, yay! :D

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Previous Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

“Decorum is highly overrated and probably causes cancer.”  ~ Jenny Lawson

Officially the start of week 6.  7 more days to go!

I won my weight loss challenge with my friend Heather :)  I'm down 6 lbs since I started this challenge.  Very happy - and still a week to go!   Anyway, I  beat her *doing a nerdy dance* so she owes me dinner!  

I can't wait to do measurements and photo progress next Monday.  :)

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Thanks guys!   :)

Bit of a woot coming, I don't really have anyone else to tell that will appreciate it, so I'm telling you guys.

Last night coming out of spinning, a woman who I haven't seen at spinning for a while says to me "oh my - you're looking exceptionally thin, you look like you've lost even more weight".   Now "exceptionally thin"  was a strange choice of words cos I'm still 31 lbs over my goal weight, but I knew she meant that I'd slimmed considerably.   Made my night. :)

Didn't stop me eating 300 cals over my allowance last night though - lol. I have been a bit more hungry than normal recently and still a bit more tired than normal.  I know I've mentioned before about what I'm gonna do in the week between challenges and I've decided it will definitely be a "recovery week".  I'm gonna ease up on the classes for the week (just do my favourites) and then start again hard for the start of the next challenge.  

My first 3 challenges are still 100% (and will continue to be for the foreseeable future!), my 4th outdoor cover has been abandoned!!  Bloody Scottish weather :)

x

myfitnesspal

current challenge

I mentioned above the "bloody Scottish weather", well...... I opened the curtains this morning and it was snowing.  I sh*t you not.  I mean it's nearly June, where is spring? let alone summer!! waaaaaaaaaa booooooo hissssssss!

I am so glad I have a proper summer holiday booked, 15 weeks and 2 days til Dominican Republic.  Thankfully I've got some proper sun to look forward to!  (and 15 weeks means 15 more lbs loss - hopefully!)

3.5 more days to go on this challenge, I can't wait til Monday so I can do measurements and photos and see exactly how I've done. :)

myfitnesspal

current challenge

I mentioned above the "bloody Scottish weather", well...... I opened the curtains this morning and it was snowing.  I sh*t you not.  I mean it's nearly June, where is spring? let alone summer!! waaaaaaaaaa booooooo hissssssss!

I am so glad I have a proper summer holiday booked, 15 weeks and 2 days til Dominican Republic.  Thankfully I've got some proper sun to look forward to!  (and 15 weeks means 15 more lbs loss - hopefully!)

3.5 more days to go on this challenge, I can't wait til Monday so I can do measurements and photos and see exactly how I've done. :)

I've always said I would move to Scotland in a heartbeat, but I'm super scared of the weather. You are totally not helping!! :nevreness: It's really as bad as it seems, huh?

I'm excited for measurements, too. I took measurements half way through just to see, and I lost some here and there, but not where I wanted to lose it! Ha!

BTW, I was reading one of the rebel guides and it was recomending carb intake to be 50-100 grams per day. I know I'm not getting that much and I'm wondering if that's my problem. It's hard as hell for me to get that much in when I'm not eating grains. I'm afraid to up my fruit intake too much because of the sugar. SO confused as to what to do. I think I'll make that part of my challenge next time and see if it helps. Trying to up it this week. We'll see how it goes! :nevreness:

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Previous Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

“Decorum is highly overrated and probably causes cancer.”  ~ Jenny Lawson

You're not getting 50 - 100g of carbs per day?  Wow.  I've just had a good look at my diary on mfp over the last month and I'm normally around 130g.  (I was up at 200++ when I was just doing iifym) Most of them are from my dried fruit/nuts and the rest from veg and some milk.   I've had some days up above 170g when I've had extra fruit too.  I'm not worrying about the sugars in fruit, if I did I wouldn't be left with anything else to snack on!

The weather isn't really that bad, although it kinda is.  LOL   We get our fair share of rain, but it's usually warmer this time of year.  Also I live in the highlands, in the main ski resort of Scotland so it's colder in the winter and we get more snow than the rest of the country.  We do also generally have the highest temps in the summer too though - it's a weird climate!

Today is dragging so bad and I'm bored and looking to munch.  I'm filling up on water and chewing my way through a pack of gum!!  *sigh*

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Moooorning!!!  The sun is shining, it's a beautiful day with hardly a cloud in the sky, it's gonna be about 16 degrees (it was 2.5 two days ago!) and I'm stuck in the office :(  lol

I'm gonna take a long lunch and go for a walk though, catch some of those rays of sunshine while we have them!

I'm also very proud of myself today.  Yesterday I was still feeling a complete lack of energy and in a general state of "meh".   All day I was on the verge of calling the gym and cancelling my place in my classes.  But I didn't!!!  I went to both classes and afterwards felt great!!  I'm not sure if that was just the adrenaline or whether it was cos the weather was so nice?  But either way, I was determined to continue with my schedule and not sabotage myself 3 days before the end of the challenge!!  Well chuffed with myself.

Roll on Monday morning!! :)

myfitnesspal

current challenge

I wasn't lying when I said hardly a cloud in the sky.  This is from my lunchtime walk, the only km I've done outdoors this week (7) - but in fairness today has been the first good day in too long!  (it snowed on Thursday - you can see some of it still on the mountains!)

eb384fc5-8141-4161-a4cd-c7e08f3f50b3.jpg6f391c79-fe4a-4a96-9921-bdfc2280f8e4.jpg

e426be43-d013-48ff-98c1-0ea310407ab0.jpg

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Hope the weather stays nice for you, because that looks like gorgeous terrain for rambling around. Looking forward to the report on how you aced the challenge!

"Curtain's up. Everyone's waiting for the hero to take the stage. And the spotlight's on you now." - Alfred, to Dick Grayson, Batman and Robin #2

Current Challenge

Well, there goes 6 weeks of awesomeness, if I do say so myself.   As well as my main challenges I've enjoyed the mini challenges and the interaction with other NF'ers.  I thank those that commented on my thread, it kept me honest!

The one major thing that I think I need to point out is that although my goal number 1 was cutting out all those junk food items, I pretty much went primal overnight.  You could add potatoes, pasta, rice, beans, grains etc etc to that list.  I've been on a mission to lose the flab since 7 Jan.  I've been eating 1800 calories and working my ass off, at the start of the challenge I'd lost 11lbs.   During the challenge I stuck to the same amount of calories and my workout schedule didn't change, but what I was fuelling my body with did, greatly.  And if you look at the progress section at the bottom, you'll see I nearly did in these 6 weeks what I did in the previous 14.  I feel great too, better moods and energy (although the last week I was knackered but I don't think I was eating enough).   Anyway....... Primal is the way forward.  For me. :) 

I cannot wait til the start of the next 6 week challenge!!  6 days and counting.

Report Card:

1.  Cut out the evil C’s

Chocolate, candy, Chinese takeaway, crisps, chips, cookies and cider.

Grading:

<6 items = A (that’s 1 item per week)

6-12 items = B (that’s 2 items per week)

>12 items = F (there really is no point if you’re cheating more than twice a week)

Life points:

CON + 2, STA +2, WIS +1

I swear I haven’t let a single chip (fries), crisp (chips), cookie pass my lips, none of the above mentioned have been anywhere near my gob.  I have shocked myself in the fact that I’ve managed this 100%.  According to my grading above = A J Taking all my points

2.  Cover 40 km a week outdoors in addition to normal gym classes

It’s just about Spring and you have the great outdoors on your doorstep, get out of bed and go enjoy – no excuses!

Grading:

40+ km = A

30-40 km = B

20-30 km = C

<20 km = F

Life points:

STA +2, STR +1, DEX +1

Erm, what can I say?  The weather played a big part in this, and I should have really thought about the effect of it before I set the challenge, but I didn’t.  I did go out walking/cycling at every opportunity that I had (two weeks I nearly hit the 40km mark), just those days weren’t often with the rain/wind/snow that we’ve still been having (even though it’s bloody nearly June already!).   A miserable big fat F for fail.   I’m taking no points here J

3.  Calorie Counting

Log every single calorie on myfitnesspal (all of them Nicola – not just the good ones you think your friends list will be impressed by!)). 

Grading:

Honest days logging:

42 = A

35-42 = B

<35 = C  (but really – why bother logging at all?)

Life goals:

WIS + 2, CON + 1

6 full weeks of honest logging.  This was helped greatly by the fact I didn’t cheat a single morsel on the evil C’s.  So it was easy and I enjoyed the comments from my other mfp friends on how good they thought my diary looked!  Yay for me – A and all the points please! J

4.  Cleanup!!

Do the dishes every day and clean apartment (properly) once a week.  Just cos you’re working your ass off at gym class doesn’t give you a free pass to be lazy at home! 

Grading:

Number of times dishes left for more than 1 night:

<6 = A 

6 – 12 = B 

> 12 = F (cos more than 3 days dishes sitting – well that’s just minging!)

Life points:

WIS + 2, CHA + 1

I think I only missed maybe 2 nights of doing the dishes (not consecutively) , I was shattered those nights and just didn’t.  I did clean my flat properly every Sunday, it became routine before hitting the gym so didn’t really feel like a chore.  I just got on with it without thinking!  So, another A and points for me.

I’m not sure if I’m supposed to give myself an overall grade for the whole challenge?  Hard to say what it should be with 3 A’s and an F!  lol

Progress/Measureables:

Weight:  down 9lbs (177lbs – 168lbs)

Chest:  down 2 inches (40 – 38)

Belly button:  down 4 inches (40 – 36)

Hips:  down 3 inches (43- 40)

BF %:  down 1.9% (39.3 – 37.4)

Photos- eeek!

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Awesome transformation! Of course, now you have to better it next time ;) . Congratulations, and good luck in the next one.

Current Challenge

Sup fellow teamer :D

Very well built set of goals!

About #4: I recently organized my room (as a goal of my first 6week challenge) and it turns out that it helps me a lot in keeping it neat.

AoM's Do It Now! helpd me a lot with it!

Hope you rock this week 1!

o/

Muryanp

(Lvl 2) Bearborn Adventurer

[sTR 8 - DEX 3 - STA 1 - CON 10 - WIS 7.5 - CHA 6.5]

Prologue | Chapter 1 | ... }

You can also find me on Twitter!

[(Inv) Fire Flower; Nifty Birthday Hat; Racoon Suit of Creativity]

- Minichallenges completed - 1; .. -

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines