4/15/13

While trying to figure out how to use Fitocracy yesterday, I logged my bodyweight workout before actually doing it. Told myself I'd do it when I got home. Had bad headache and passed out on the couch while watching Red Cliff. 

Wrote on the train for one hour. 

4/16/13

Did bodyweight workout when I got home today. Leg raises were harder than I thought, but I should have remembered that from when I took yoga. 

3x3 pull ups was the right choice. Was barely able to complete them. 10x3 is currently impossible.

No writing occurred on train today. Thought tablet had full charge minus 1 hour of use yesterday, but the battery was dead today. Homework and housecleaning was required when I got home, so no writing today.

Level 0

STR (0)  â€¢  DEX (0)  â€¢  STA (0)  â€¢  CON (0)  â€¢  WIS (0)  â€¢  CHA (0)

Introduction  â€¢  6WC 7/28/14-9/7/14  â€¢  Battle Log

Nike+  •  Strava  •  Fitocracy  •  Twitter  •  Blog - As Is  • Instagram

I am my own avatar.

I thought about starting a new Battle Log to wipe the memory of my first failed challenge, but I thought that was dishonest. In order to get better, we have to look at our failures and analyze them in order to rebound from them and overcome them. So I'm just going to keep adding on to this original one. Progress update will come later as it's 8AM and I'm at work.

Level 0

I am my own avatar.

Captain's log... 7/28/14

Completed:

3x10 pushups

1x20 Dead Bugs

1x20 Leg Raises

1x20 Bicycles

Pullups: We recently remodeled the downstairs area of our house, and ended up inverting the door in the only doorway in the house that could support the Iron Gym and I just discovered that I have nowhere in my house where I can do pull-ups now (the ceiling on the accessible side is now flush with the top of the doorway). So instead I put the Iron Gym on the ground and did modified Dips. I may have to start doing my workout at work so I can use the pull-up bar in the gym.

3x10 Dips

Wrote for 30 minutes on Project SB. Got two pages written down and discovered that I get about 1 page per 15 minutes. 

Level 0

I am my own avatar.

7/29/14

Main Quest Progress:

Did a 45 minute vinyasa sequence from Shiva Rea's Daily Energy DVD. The Earth + Fire sequence. Kicked my ass, though I did discover that the Fire sequence finishes with Crow and Side Crow, so continuing with that will be beneficial to completing this challenge.

Life Quest Progress:

Wrote for 30 minutes, but was sleepy and only got one page down. Was so sleepy that I fell asleep immediately after putting the pen down.

Level 0

I am my own avatar.

7/30/14

Main Quest Progress:

Worked out in the gym at my job.

3 x 12 pushups

1 x 20 Dead Bugs

1 x 20 Leg Raises

1 x 30 Bicycles

3x3 Pull Ups - I'm way out of shape now when it comes to pull ups. I used to be able to do 5-10 no problem as recently as last year. The last set was incredibly hard. I'm going to incorporate some more targeted exercises during my workout (dumbbell work, dips, etc)

Life Quest Progress:

Worked on novel and short story for 3-4 hours. Did dialogue work with two of the characters in the novel and did research for the background concept of my short story.

7/31/14

Ran 4 miles at lunch time

Didn't do yoga at home because it was ridiculously hot at home high 80s-low 90s up until I went to bed. Plus I had to tidy up the house as my wife comes home tomorrow from her business trip, and I don't want it to look like I sat around playing Skyrim for two weeks. 

Level 0

I am my own avatar.

8/1/14

No exercise happened today. I forgot it was my cousin's wedding and I had to devote the latter half of the day to that (so much for that thing about special occasions not getting in the way).

8/2/14

Didn't do anything related to goals, but I did ride my bike 8 miles (4 miles each way from my friend's house to Levi's Stadium to watch the first game ever to be held there, San Jose Earthquakes vs Seattle Sounders).

8/3/14

3x12 pushups

1x20 dead bugs

1x20 something similar to V-ups

1x20 Bicycles

Level 0

I am my own avatar.

8/4/14:

Main Quest:

Skipped workout and no yoga. Haven't done yoga since 7/29/14.

8/5/14:

Rode bike 9 miles (4 miles each way to and from work, and 1 mile from train station to coffee house)

Ran 4.5 miles during lunch. Want to pack in several more runs before next Saturday's Tough Mudder.

Level 0

I am my own avatar.