Unikarm, Settle Stomach, Start Living

Unikarm

Good luck with the job! It's difficult when you're new and make errors - but I can't help but think that's expected for a newbie ;-). You'll get better every day and it will feel like cake when your evaluation rolls around.

i'm actually doing good, i asked my manager. i'm great with customers and i need to work on accuracy with orders. me and computers don't get along sometimes. and Monday are the worst

Natildora

I am really LOVING blogilates.  she even has a website/blog for her viewers. I subscribed to her free newsletters and i get a monthly calender with her work out video's to do. i think it's awesome and it's structure already planned out for me!! i signed up a bit late in the month but i can get started NOW. this is so cool. i'm actually starting to like technology. i even have an album called "Shrink It All" on face book with my pictures and i'm going to be posting the calenders in that album too. and here is my first calender, SO GIRLY :love_heart:

517349af895b1_april2013blogilates.png

Natildora

Thats really cool! So happy for you that you found a workout plan that gets you motivated! 

Sewing can be hard... but its a great skill to have, you never know when its going to come in handy (not just to save money... do repairs while on out or on holiday, to save a favourite item of clothing... and then there are the creative possibilities which are endless). Keep at it and you will improve. You may also find some useful videos for it on youtube. :)

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Lift heavy. I think lifting a 200 pound human of the floor counts.

I think that would count. Hope all is OK. 

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

I am in the same boat about exercising. In fact, its 6;30 am here... as soon as I have done the NF rounds I am going to do my exercise then wake up my girls to get ready for the day. Good luck with starting to exercise in the morning!

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Lift heavy. I think lifting a 200 pound human of the floor counts.

ABSOLUTELY

i might have to start exercising before work (however i like sleeping)....today it didn't happen after work i got home around 4:30 and my man is home.

if you can get up to do it - then do it. i went about a year getting up at 5am to work out.  Then i fell out of the habit. i understand wanting to spend time w/those you love instead of the overly perky trainer on the TV ;) when i get home from work i just want to spend time w/my fam and not running around the neighborhood. 

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

ABSOLUTELY

if you can get up to do it - then do it. i went about a year getting up at 5am to work out.  Then i fell out of the habit. i understand wanting to spend time w/those you love instead of the overly perky trainer on the TV ;) when i get home from work i just want to spend time w/my fam and not running around the neighborhood. 

ya i do love spending time with my man playing video games or watching netflix.....however i also just don't want him watching me work out. i'm doing pilates you know, and he's a perv, i love him :love_heart:

Natildora

This is really going to be a gamble, walmart  they only called me for the deli job, it's temporary for 4 months at 8.50/hr. for like 40 ish hours however they (mom and Karen) really think it'll end up being a regular full time job since it's deli and not floor associate or cashier. however i think since it's temporary and may or may not become full time i want to keep my wendy's job just in case. i'm hoping my manager can work with the hours at walmart. but if he can't......what will i do. go ahead and gamble to see if i'll kepp the job at walmart or go ahead a keep my job at wendy's cause it's regular part time at 15-20 hours at 7.80, i don't like gambling.

Natildora

i would at least see if things can work out.  Try the Wal-Mart job at least.  you may hate it.

Also - is there a difference in benefits?  Health insurance is key.  Any retirement planning? Paid sick leave?  Would you be planning to keep this job for a long time??? Will there be opportunities to move up (and are you interested in that)?

It is hard to change jobs.  Not an easy task for anyone. And that feeling of uncertainty is no help :(

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

i would at least see if things can work out.  Try the Wal-Mart job at least.  you may hate it.

Also - is there a difference in benefits?  Health insurance is key.  Any retirement planning? Paid sick leave?  Would you be planning to keep this job for a long time??? Will there be opportunities to move up (and are you interested in that)?

It is hard to change jobs.  Not an easy task for anyone. And that feeling of uncertainty is no help :(

There is great benefits for walmart and since it's deli it has a better chance of keeping me permanantly, right now it's a temporary for 4 months....i do already have a retirement plan.....i think. it's just stressful, my boss at wendy's said he can try and work with my schedule if i can give him my walmart schedule in advance.

Natildora

sounds good. whatever you do - don't tell your wendy's boss it may be a permanent position.  he isn't going to bother to keep training you if you are leaving.  as long as your wendys boss thinks you are sticking around - he will be more likely to work with you.  

i still fall of the wagon when my period starts...bad week. well it's over now. time to get back on track.

I totally understand this, I also have a hard time doing things that are healthy for me during my period.  I'm sorry it was a bad week, and I know its sometimes hard to shake it off after.  But I'm glad you are getting back on track!

Level 2 Hobbit Druid

STR 1 I DEX 2 I STA 4 I CON 5.5 I WIS 7.5 I CHA 4.75

Challenge 1 - 1.1 - 1.2 - Current Challenge

I LOVE Pilates. however i'm definitely not as strong as i was in high school. and i just have simple 10 minute solutions DVD that i did everyday back then. now i want to learn other pilates exercises and the Blogialtes you tube page is awesome, she's just hard to keep up with cause she does cardio too. she does have a beginner series that i can do but i haven't done it everyday like i should....maybe twice a week or every other week. i'm a bit spontaneous about it. i also want to be able to follow her calenders. do a few video's a day. but i know that i need to start slow and work my way up. i want to be strong and flexible with a nice body :D and pilates can do that and so can yoga. should i start with yoga? i read a nerd fitness article about yoga. honestly i never thought a handstand was yoga.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/04/02/why-yoga/

I've been eating mostly gluten free but not the healthy way. i've been trying the "gluten free" product like the strawberry bars or kind bars. they are okay i guess. not sometime I'd want to eat on a daily basis. plus i have Cheetos in my locker and Walmart and they are gluten free. and i sometimes have a none gluten free meal once a day, which immediately gives me gas. look like i don't have a certain limit...my limit is NO GLUTEN EVER. that sucks. so i still need to clean up my diet. i did find that i like wendy's salads. and i need to start drinking my smoothies again. i need more energy.

yes i'm working hard...2 jobs. ya i think that counts.

money.....i have 2 jobs and need to figure stuff out again. but now i shove a paycheck into savings

Natildora

Hello!

I'm cheering for you! The gluten free thing can be really tough; I just started. I love bread and the gluten free ones just aren't the same :( plus, I was doing some research and some of the gluten free products aren't 100% gluten free! Apparently they can have a certain amount of gluten still in them and be called "gluten-free". Not cool, food companies, not cool.

I've also been controlling my portion sizes. I have a tendency to cook a large amount of food for supper and then try to eat it...all. I bought some smallish ziplock containers which have been really helping me! I make my usual giant batch of food, but before I dish up myself for supper, I fill each ziplock container with some and store it in the fridge. Then I have lunches and suppers for other days that week! It kind of sucks to eat the same thing all the time, but it's really helped me save time getting ready in the mornings...time which I now spend working-out :D

If you ever want to swap gluten-free recipes, let me know! Good luck and keep up the awesome work! :)

Human Druid-Assassin, Level 3

STR: 4.25 | DEX: 3.5 | STA: 6.5 | CON: 9.35 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 3

hello there-  just stopping by to say "keep up the good work"! i love your thread b/c you use all the colors.  maybe next challenge i'll follow your lead and post in purple or something scandalous.... sigh. i need more excitement in my life ;)

glad to see you started the wal-mart job.  i'm sure those paychecks are making you feel good.  remember-  saving is good-  but so is the occasional treat for yourself.  pedicure??? new swimmy suit?

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines