• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

milythael

Milythael - The Healthy Habits Hobble

Oh Mily! I'm so sorry to hear about it being one of those nights and mornings.... I hope the caffeine kicks in quickly and you have an at least ok day.

But you know what? I'm so incredibly proud of you for not letting last night and/or this morning stand in the way of your perfect attendance. I find that to be incredibly amazing! I know so many people who would have just loooooooved the excuse but not you. Nope, despite the lack of sleep, despite being absolutely exhausted, Super Mily troops through everything and kicks some serious ass along the way!

You're the best Mily!!

(and I'm sending a billion hugs your way to make your day a little better :) )

I hate to say it, but I don't think the caffeine is going to do the job today. I feel a bit like I'm trying to start an automobile with just the butane from a zippo lighter in the tank.

Hugs are exactly what I need to get through this day. I appreciate every single one.

You know what? We *all* have those mornings. So I hope you're not beating yourself up about it.

I just want you to know that I totally just got done watching a ton of your workout videos and they are amazing. I can't do the kinds of things you can :)

I don't have nearly enough energy to beat myself up today. Maybe if I sleep all weekend first.

I bet you can do more of those things than you think. All you have to do is try.  That reminds me, I need to get a video of my new and improved frog stand position, you know, when I have some energy, and don't just fall over in my chair at the thought.

There is a point at which caffeine ceases to be an effective treatment for general exhaustion.  When your pulse and respiration elevate like you are running a race, but your eyes still refuse to crack open, you know you have surpassed the ability of the drug to assist you.

Hey, these new heads up displays are great!  I can see the pac man screen saver really well, but it isn't obscuring my vision.  Oh, wait.  Yeah, that might just be caffeine induced hallucinations. O.o

Someone needs a nap.

I am entirely ocd and overly organized... helps me compensate for the adhd and lack of sleep...

I keep by my back door a spot where everything goes when it comes out of pockets (wallet, chapstick, pen etc) and a hook right above it where keys hang every time I walk through the door... I also have a bag with all my supplies for work that my badge goes into when I take it off...

It saves the mad rush and helps keep me sane knowing that everything I need is right there... before I came up with this solution it was always a mad insane Jenn screaming losing her mind kind of time... and then I always wondered what I forgot :(

You'll get all set up and things will settle down... you're surrounded by nerds that love you... if we can in anyway help let us know!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I am entirely ocd and overly organized... helps me compensate for the adhd and lack of sleep... I keep by my back door a spot where everything goes when it comes out of pockets (wallet, chapstick, pen etc) and a hook right above it where keys hang every time I walk through the door... I also have a bag with all my supplies for work that my badge goes into when I take it off... It saves the mad rush and helps keep me sane knowing that everything I need is right there... before I came up with this solution it was always a mad insane Jenn screaming losing her mind kind of time... and then I always wondered what I forgot :( You'll get all set up and things will settle down... you're surrounded by nerds that love you... if we can in anyway help let us know! Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The overly repetitive checking wasn't because anything was missing.  It was because I couldn't remember two seconds later if I had checked everything.  Last week, I spent 5 minutes madly searching my apartment for my missing keys.  They were impossible to find anywhere I looked, because they were in my hand the whole time.

I do that all the time!!!

Also, I try to be super duper OCD and organized, but it inevitably fails. So I'll have bags of stuff...like a work bag, purse, food bag, workout bag...but stuff always gets mixed in together because I'm not actually OCD and organized, I'm ADD and/or lazy.

The overly repetitive checking wasn't because anything was missing.  It was because I couldn't remember two seconds later if I had checked everything.  Last week, I spent 5 minutes madly searching my apartment for my missing keys.  They were impossible to find anywhere I looked, because they were in my hand the whole time.

I see :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

hugs. I still have you beat, with traveling entirely across town on the bus to get the phone looked at, and then having left the phone at home, only to go back home, search for 30 minutes in the one room we are in before i find it, only to go back across town to get it fixed a second time.

and i lose my glasses, when they are on my face...so yeah...hugs.

There is a point at which caffeine ceases to be an effective treatment for general exhaustion.  When your pulse and respiration elevate like you are running a race, but your eyes still refuse to crack open, you know you have surpassed the ability of the drug to assist you.

Hey, these new heads up displays are great!  I can see the pac man screen saver really well, but it isn't obscuring my vision.  Oh, wait.  Yeah, that might just be caffeine induced hallucinations. O.o

Someone needs a nap.

:( its fun when the walls start dancing, no?

Week 3 Day 4

1. Daily Hand Balancing 12/16 (36) +4
2. Daily Pool 17/18 (42) +2
4. Attendance 14/14 (30)

Updated 1 and 2 to reflect this evening.

Thank you, friends. Your care and concern are touching. And special thanks to you, Chris, and you, Mir. I appreciate what you said and did for me today.

Before getting home, I promised Chris not to run tonight, and that I would take care of myself. There was a lot that I could have done tonight, but taking care of myself came first.

I crashed when I got home for about 30 minutes. After, thanks to some not so gentle pushing from Mir, I did some handstands, and went to the pool. It was only for a short while, but it should be enough to help me sleep tonight. Eventually, I even grilled an onion and fried some eggs.

Now, I'm heading to the land of severed internet and darkness. Laptop off, lights off, and hopefully eyes closed and sleeping.

Thank you for not breaking your promise.

How did you sleep? Actually I'm hoping you're still asleep :)

I hope today is/will be a better day for you and that your manager will help sort out the situation with your team.

Loads of big tight hugs

Thank you for not breaking your promise.

How did you sleep? Actually I'm hoping you're still asleep :)

I hope today is/will be a better day for you and that your manager will help sort out the situation with your team.

Loads of big tight hugs

I slept half an hour, four and a half hours, and two and a half hours. The quality of sleep was okay, but not great. I still feel like I have a short to ground somewhere in my system, but at least my eyes are open today.

I practiced handstands and a modified frog stand before I left home today. I did an extra long support at the bus station. I'll update numbers later.

I still didn't manage breakfast before leaving.

Chris, so many hugs, so tight. I know you are strong, so I don't have to worry about crushing you.

I slept half an hour, four and a half hours, and two and a half hours. The quality of sleep was okay, but not great. I still feel like I have a short to ground somewhere in my system, but at least my eyes are open today.

Have you ever considered sleep apnea as a possible cause? Im glad you are even a little better today <3

Week 3 Day 5

1. Daily Hand Balancing 15/17 (36) +6
2. Daily Pool 18/19 (42) +2
4. Attendance 15/15 (30)

Updated all three.

I practiced handstands before leaving for the bus, when I got home, and before writing this.  My balance seems to be improving daily.  I'm gaining more and more feel for the balance sweet spot.  There is so very much room for improvement, but I am improving.

I went to the pool today a while after getting home.  I swam a bit and spent quite a lot of time talking to my Hawaiian neighbor.  His apartment is next to the pool.  Today, he installed a false deck with astroturf on top of the rock next to his apartment.

I've made it through three weeks of work, and let me tell you, I'm not looking forward to the next three.

I also made some egg monsters in a muffin tin.  We'll see if any of them last through this weekend for lunches.

And now, I'm off to sleep, before my eyes pull my eyelids shut.

@everyone, you aren't a disorder, you have it! Also I can't stand the misuse of OCD. Obsessive/Complusive DISORDER is not about being organized! /pet peeve

@Mily You're doing great!!! Especially at that attendance! Like Chris said, the fact that despite everything you're going to work is admirable <3 You're wonderful and great and have been helping me tons the past few days, so thank you for that!

*big hug*

@everyone, you aren't a disorder, you have it! Also I can't stand the misuse of OCD. Obsessive/Complusive DISORDER is not about being organized! /pet peeve@Mily You're doing great!!! Especially at that attendance! Like Chris said, the fact that despite everything you're going to work is admirable <3 You're wonderful and great and have been helping me tons the past few days, so thank you for that!*big hug*

YES!!! to both points.

Mily, like I told you before....that attendance goal is HUGE!! So what if some other guy does it faster, better, stronger, smarter....does that mean it negates what you did? Hell no! It makes what you did even more badass because you struggled and did it anyway. THAT is grit. I know I cant erase what your head tells you about yourself, but I wish you could see you the way I do, you would never be sad again.

Super big negative thought killer hugs

Week 4 Day 1

1. Daily Hand Balancing 19/19 (36) +9

2. Daily Pool 20/22 (42) +2

4. Attendance 16/16 (30)

Hand balancing scored 3 Sunday for all day handstands, 2 Monday, for morning and night.

Pool scored Sunday and Monday.

Attendance scored Monday.