The April-May 2011 6 Week Challenge – Signup Sheet – April 11th - May 23rd

Alethea

Name:

Frod

Brief overview of goals:

1. Follow Rebel Strength Guide (DD section) and the contest/sampling program

2. Start tracking food to make sure I'm consuming enough calories food

3. Continue Running up until a week before the Warrior Dash (May 1st)

4. Complete a handstand with decent form and time (practice 3 times a week)

5. Do well in the Warrior Dash

6. Improve my 1 mile time to under 6:30. (A+ if under 6:20)

7. Try Paleo for at least a week (will likely slowly migrate into it)

8. Life Goal: Complete and release a game written under VC++

If you follow a specific way of eating:

Generally Healthy-ish. Will try paleo for a period.

Any other piece of information you think would be useful for team creation:

Rebel Fitness Guide(Dumbbell Division), participating in contest. Training for a race that will happen on May 1st. No Gym. Work nights. I post close to daily.

If you want to be part of a team or if you want to work alone:

Team. Die zombie Die o.O..?

Name:

Seabright. Seabright Slim, if'n you like.

Brief overview of goals:

1. Follow the Body Weight Brigade part of the Rebel Strength Guide, 3 x a week.

2. Walk/Run 3 x a week to train for 10K in July (couch to 10K)

3. Write down what I eat as part of the Greatest Contest in the History of the World 6 week challenge.

4. Life Goal #1: practice bass (slaps and arrangements) 15 mins per day, minimum 4 x a week (M-Th). A+ for Friday, too. Gig days count as a practice day.

5. Life Goal #2: get that home office set up

6. Life Goal #3: a fearless sliding stop from a hell-bent-for-leather seriously-running-into-the-next-zip-code speed

Specific way of eating:

Paleo, as part of the above-mentioned Greatest Contest in the History of the World. Focus on practical eating plan for gig days. My first time trying this.

Other Useful Information:

Rebel Fitness Guide all the way, me, too, as well, also! Absolutely a total beginner, no gym, no barbells, body weight only and only the most very beginner-y, starter kinda level. In fact, this is my very first time posting to a forum - ever. I'm enthusiastic, but, well, um, a little scared.

Long term goal #1: shake this freakin' chronic cough.

Long term goal #2: swing the 40 lb ranch saddle up without catching the leathers underneath.

Long term goal #3: fearlessly box one in the corner, turn him back along the fence at speed, and then circle him up both ways, also at speed.

Team me up, please!

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can enjoy all the things the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Name: 67alecto

Brief overview of goals:

Run 5k (carried over from last month)

Continue to do 100 pushups

Get garden planted

Calorie counting

Any other piece of information you think would be useful for squad creation:

Probably going to drop my gym and save a couple months and buy some weights off craigslist. Between 100 Pushups and the Rebel Strength Guide for strength training and running for cardio, I don't need to spend $35 a month for a gym when the weather is nice.

If you want to be part of a squad or if you want to work alone:

squad me, baby

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Welcome, Seabright! Way to make your first post in the challenge thread, rather than the introductions forum! Now there's some determination. Go make your 2nd post an introduction (here http://nerdfitness.com/community/forumdisplay.php?14-Recruit-Introductions) and let us welcome you properly! :P

Name:

Seabright. Seabright Slim, if'n you like.

Brief overview of goals:

1. Follow the Body Weight Brigade part of the Rebel Strength Guide, 3 x a week.

2. Walk/Run 3 x a week to train for 10K in July (couch to 10K)

3. Write down what I eat as part of the Greatest Contest in the History of the World 6 week challenge.

4. Life Goal #1: practice bass (slaps and arrangements) 15 mins per day, minimum 4 x a week (M-Th). A+ for Friday, too. Gig days count as a practice day.

5. Life Goal #2: get that home office set up

6. Life Goal #3: a fearless sliding stop from a hell-bent-for-leather seriously-running-into-the-next-zip-code speed

Specific way of eating:

Paleo, as part of the above-mentioned Greatest Contest in the History of the World. Focus on practical eating plan for gig days. My first time trying this.

Other Useful Information:

Rebel Fitness Guide all the way, me, too, as well, also! Absolutely a total beginner, no gym, no barbells, body weight only and only the most very beginner-y, starter kinda level. In fact, this is my very first time posting to a forum - ever. I'm enthusiastic, but, well, um, a little scared.

Long term goal #1: shake this freakin' chronic cough.

Long term goal #2: swing the 40 lb ranch saddle up without catching the leathers underneath.

Long term goal #3: fearlessly box one in the corner, turn him back along the fence at speed, and then circle him up both ways, also at speed.

Team me up, please!

Jason

Follow my adventures!

Me | My Youtube | Facebook | RunKeeper

Name:

werwolf/wolfy

Brief overview of goals:

Do it my way and remember that what got me where I am will get me where I'm going. I want to stop letting other people *coughmybrother'swifecough* stand in the way of my going to the gym. I want to get back to basics with my diet and eat what feels natural for me. I want to recapture the motivation I used to have. Now that I've stopped feeling bad physically, I'd like to stop feeling bad emotionally.

Fruit and veg, whole grains, low-fat dairy, and lean protein. And never again will I stray. I really don't want to nearly die again.

I have been the champion of "what works for one person may not work for another." I'm glad that people are excited when they discover what works for their body, but I don't like diet evangelism or the bickering between viewpoints. Let's just agree to disagree and be happy for each other's victories.

This month's challenge is very me-centric. So I'll be going it alone.

Done! I've been avoiding doing that just -- thanks for the boot in the butt, sandman!

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can enjoy all the things the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Name:

I have been the champion of "what works for one person may not work for another." I'm glad that people are excited when they discover what works for their body, but I don't like diet evangelism or the bickering between viewpoints. Let's just agree to disagree and be happy for each other's victories.

I agree with you 100% on that! We should all just be happy for each other!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Name: Vader

Brief overview of goals:

1) Target will be to work out 6 times per week, barring sickness or similarly unavoidable issues.

1a) Cardio - I will continue Bridge To 10K MWF, and should finish before the end of this Challenge. Not only will I be working on endurance (running for time), but I will be trying to push for more speed this time as well. I hope to actually make it to 60 minutes at a 10-minute-mile pace.

1b) Strength training TThSa. I will be starting with the Rebel Strength Guide Basic Training, and if that doesn't utterly kick my ass, I'll move up to the Bodyweight Brigade. I haz nearly no equipment - some resistance bands, small wrist and ankle weights, a nice mat, grip trainers... ooh, I've got a jump rope, too. Yeah, that's about it, so my fitness efforts remain relegated to the bodyweight regime. That's okay, though - my starting body weight is 272 pounds, so I've got plenty to work with!

1b.1) Sub-goal for strength training is pushups, an historic weakness of mine. I've gotten better over the last month, and wish to continue doing so. Start point for this challenge, as of today, was 8/8/5/3, all full-up on-the-floor pushups with good form. I'd like to get first set to 15+ this time, with totals over 40 per workout.

2) diet goal - continue experimenting with Paleo/Primal habits. No more than 1 cheat day per week, and restrict soda intake (I only drink caffeine-free Diet Coke, but still...). Be conscious of what I eat!

3) Level-up goal - gonna have to think about that this weekend. I'm continuing my return to college lately, but I don't know if I want to make that the LU goal, since I'll be doing that anyways. We'll see what I can come up with...

Experimenting with Paleo/Primal, as noted in my goals. Otherwise, eating less overall and better works.

Doing Bridge To 10K (C25K's big brother) for my non-strength-training days, seeking longer run times and faster speeds. Little to no equipment available at home, although I might take advantage of my Bally's membership on days I don't work ($7.something/month to maintain my membership for eternity, after having paid off the contract from my Navy days in the 90s - I really ought to make use of it sometimes, I suppose). Diet complicated by wife's allergies (wheat/egg/tomato/flax/thyme/sunflower seeds & oil/almonds) - I can't even cook eggs when she's in the house!

I'm intrigued by the Die, Zombie, Die! squad, but don't know if I'm up to working on zombie-slaying goals this time - got plenty to deal with BEFORE the end of the world which requires my attention. Think I'll go solo again.

Name:

Silverback or "Sir"

Brief overview of goals:

A) To run 7 + miles

B) To be bring my bicep meassurement up to 17"

C) Bring my waist measurement down to 34 "

D) Weight at 200 or less

Level Up Goal: Begin work on Self Defense Business. Begin by training at least 5 people

Cut out almost all processed foods is what I plan to work towards. I work 12-16 hrs a day and have no access to refridgeration or heating so it all has to be preprepped and stored and eaten at room temp, so evbery thing I consume during my work week pretty much has a longer life span than I do

All my careers have been protection based....FireFighter/Paramedic/Law Enforcement/Nursing.....and my works will incorp all that Batman Badassery into them

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa Bundy!!!!!!

Name: Erick or Forgemill

Brief overview of goals: (for now)

Follow the rebel strength guide and bulk up diet like a boss

start with basic training for first 4 weeks or 28 days and then join bodyweight brigade tier 1

Bulk up gain several more pounds 10-15 would be nice then when i get there start cutting the fat keeping the muscle

life goal: Get caught up in school been procrastinating hehe

Diet:

Gomad and kind of a pesca vegetarian paleo

Other info-

strength guide basic training into bodyweight brigade (am doing the greatest contest in history of world)

Teams/squads:

SURE!

Name: Tiny Oak, no nicknames yet :-)

Brief overview of goals:

Fitness: Lift heavy stuff - at least 2x week

Fitness: Throw heavy stuff - at least 1x week

Fitness: Eat more fruit, veggies, new grains!

Life: Sell house, buy house, move stuff to new house.

Life: Friggin finish my dissertation.

Life: Take active, holistic measures to not overload/freak/burnout/get overstressed--aside from lifting heavy.

If you follow a specific way of eating:Whole foods, unrefined carbs. Still pretty much Pollan's Food Rules. Experimenting to avoid blood sugar crashes. Currently reading Integrative Nutrition.

Any other piece of information you think would be useful for team creation:This is my second challenge, may it be better than the first! Working towards superior strength without a gym, a long journey ahead! I would like to be able to throw with the folks at a few local Highland Games/Scottish Athletics meets this fall.

I hope to update more, and hopefully my teammates will bug me about posting more. >_>

Put me on a team!

..:: Tiny Oak .:. Level 2 Wood Elf Druid ::..

..:: STR: TBD | DEX: TBD  | STA: TBD | CON: TBD | WIS: TBD | CHA: TBD ::..

..:: Current Challenge .:. Challenge the First ::..

Goal 1: Dance and Be Merry!

0%
0%

Goal 2: Write It Down!

0%
0%

Goal 3: Hoard my Riches!

100%
100%

Goal 4: Clean It Up!

0%
0%

Name: Liz

Brief overview of goals:

1.Fitness: Be able to do 3 sets of 50 wall-push ups

2.Fitness: Workout 6 times a week

3.Fitness: Be able to walk 9-10 miles with minimum knee pain

4.Diet: Eat more fruits and vegetables... or at least fruits

5.Weight-loss: Weigh less than 160 lbs

6.Level-up: Stay on the C.V.P.A. Dean's list!

7.Level-up: Schedule everything around my jewelry & metal-smiting classes for Fall2011 without making it too tight

Specific Way of Eating:

Just trying to cut down what I normally eat. Also, no seafood until Lent ends :(

Other Information:

I prefer cardio. Also, even though we have a gym that students can use, I never EVER use it.

Part of a Team:

Sure!

NAME: TheActionPoint (or TAP for short)

GOALS

*lose at least 10 pounds

*progress from Rookie to Recruit in the Rebel Fitness Guide

*Add 5 lbs to all weights

*blog at least once per week

DIET

*REALLY hard to eat Pure Paleo when you depend on the Army to provide food. The best I can do is Meat/Veggie/Fruit/Beans consistently.

OTHER INFO

* Just recently got clearance from the doc to get back in the gym after a bad back injury while in the Army. I'm out of the Army now, but deployed in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor.

TEAM?

*If there are other current or past military, squadding up with them would be great. If not, any team is great for me.

Get Strong One Day At A Time.
Level 2 Human Warrior (Multiclassing into Assassin)- STR 5, STA 2, CON 3.5, DEX 2, WIS 6 [on a good day...], CHA 5.5

Challenge 4/30/2012; +9 Points

Current Challenge: Captain America and Wolverine are Multiclass Warrior/Assassins
"It is easier to find men who are willing to die than those willing to endure pain with patience."-- Gaius Julius Caesar

Brittanis Dark Arthurian Adventure-- Come to Brittanis. Live the Legend. 

Here we go!

Name:

Martin

Brief overview of goals:

1. Continue my StrongLifts 5x5 Program: Work up to a 300lbs + bar squat, 150lbs + bar bench press etc.

2. Eat healthier

3. Increase body weight exercise capacity

4. Incorporate Crossfit/Metabolic Conditioning type exercises post-workout

5. Life goal: Do well in my new job as Creative Assistant to one of the biggest fashion designers in the Philippines!

90% Paleo.

I would love to be in a team with people with Crossfit expertise.

Team me up please! Would love to be part of Spezzy and KW's zombie team!

Name:

Sweet Louise, call me Lou, Louise ...or just Sweet. ;-)

Brief overview of goals:

1. Angry Birds Workout every other day

2. Do my AM/PM Yoga videos on my off days from Angry Birds workout

3. Choreograph a 6-8 min burlesque routine

4. Life Goal: Go to bed with shiny sink every night. (do Morning and evening Flylady routine but true measure of htis for myself will be having a shiny sink every night.) (Yay FlyLady babysteps)

5. Life Goal: Blog at least 6 times (once a week) and dedicate 1/2 hour twice a week to connecting with other like minded bloggers

Working towards primal. Very new to this. I've done WW in the past.

I have custody of my son every other week. So some of my supplemental work out things will alternate with getting out and playing with my lad. Long term goals include: increasing strength, grace and endurance. I'd like to loose about 10 pounds but I'm not really focusing on that, as I know improving diet and just moving my body will probably knock that out. Am using the rebel fitness guide! Readysetgo!

Team me up, Baby!

Level 2 Human Viking Assassin
STR - 2, DEX - 3, STA - 6, CON- 7 , WIS - 4, CHA - 5
Participated in & Finished Challenge 4/30/2012

Current Challenge:  Thread Link

http://www.brittanis.com Come to Brittanis. Live the Legend. 

Name:

Anivair.

Brief overview of goals:

1. Follow the rebel Strength Guide (weight loss, barbell brigade, for the most part with a bit of dumbbell squat thrown in to compensate for my lack of a squat rack)

2. food log/exercise log.

3. walk more on off days.

4. Life goal: get married.

Paleo all the way (okay, 90% of the way).

Given how hectic my wedding prep will be, i think I should go this one alone (or with MythicalMagpie, since she'll be right here). See you all on the flip side, though.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Name:

SpongeBob

Brief overview of goals:

1: fitness:continue with weight training and my personal challenge, upping max's on big lifts

2: fitness: gain some 'nice' weight

3: Fitness: start Martial arts classes again, possibly incorporate parkour or similar, increase flexibility

4: Life: Gain a better balance between work, homelife, goals, try not to let life get in the way of what i want life to be.

5: Life: Cut down on the smokes and beer

6: Life: Exercixe mind as much as body, try do something every day, read, chess, watch documentary, anything to make me think some

If you follow a specific way of eating

Nothing too specific, i like paleo, but since im trying to bulk up, im more just watching my carb intake and trying to limit it to mornings, not always easy or precise due to 14hr days as a chef, gotta taste alot!

Squads are the way forward! Sign me up,

The only antidote,

is blood, sweat and hope

and a blueprint to save us from what we have become.

'we work in the dark to serve the light'

Name:

dna

Brief overview of goals:

Fitness goals:-

Continue with deck of cards fitness routine (Skipping, pushups, squats and crunches) Yoga 5 days a week with new poses added per week.

Continue with Plank and side planks

Continue my early morning jogs.

Concentration on Chest, arms and legs by using Body weight and dumbbells exercises.

Life Goals:-

Finally getting down to working on my Resume and updating it

Continue learning French.

Continue Studying for Certification module

Continue writing my articles and hopefully this time i get paid for them too.

Send my photographs to Magazines for freelancing activities.

Mostly Vegetarian unless its a weekend...

Squad please.

Name:

Snarkypirate

Brief overview of goals:

1. Fitness: go on two runs in my vibrams per week

2. Fitness: continue doing the beginners bodyweight routine 2-3x a week

3. Diet: try to transition to paleo (or mostly paleo; the school cafeterias are really shoddy and I have no kitchen). See how this works for me.

4. Diet: keep drinking more water after Lent is over (gave up my diet pepsi in an effort to cure my addiction).

5. Life: Do things by myself more. Don't be scared to go to something if I don't have someone to go with. Hang out with my friends more. (all of this to say, create more of a social life!)

6. Life: continue to get things done in school so I can finish the semester strong!

If you follow a specific way of eating

I'm going to try and transition to paleo/primal 80-90% of the time. This could get interesting as I'm studying abroad in Italy this summer, so after the 15th of May I'll be overseas. If anyone has tips on keeping up diet/fitness in a place where meals are made for you and 'special diets are not accommodated', please let me know!

I'll need the smack in the head to remember to post; I get busy with school and things and the weeks just fly by! Also, internet friends are awesome, so sign me up!

-off to make my intro post; rock on guys!

Name:

Deanne

Brief overview of goals: this is my first challenge so I'm going to try to keep it pretty streamlined

1. Follow the RSG Beginner Body Weight workout, three days a week

2. Alternate form of exercise in off days (running, yoga, ultimate)

3. Work towards finding a comfortable diet with a good mix of macronutrients

4. Move back to organization - daily task lists, 20 minutes of tidying daily

Bonus Goal: begin studying Spanish 15 mins per day

I would describe it as casually paleo although as a recovering vegetarian, I'm a little uncomfortable with all the animal protein the diet requires, just not used to eating it all the time. Maybe somewhere between casual paleo and casual slow carb.

Following the Rebel Strength Guide and I do have access to a gym and scale and plan to use both.

Squad sounds good - I sometimes need to be kept accountable.

Looking forward to this!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Elven Assassin

STR: 2 DEX: 4 STA: 2 CON: 2 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

"The truth knocks on the door and you say ' Go away, I'm searching for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." -Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

This challenge is going to be fun. I bought the Rebel Strength Guide so I'm going to follow that.

Name:

Denny

Brief overview of goals:

Changed my goals, see my thread. :)

Eat Anything. Stay above 3000 calories.

I will team up with a university friend so it will probably be an unofficial squad. ;P

Name:

Gnomicus

Brief overview of goals:

1) Follow the BB portion of the Rebel Strength Guide 3 days a week

2) Track my diet using Dailyburn to make sure my calorie intake is high enough (I'm going the Bulk Up route)

3) Gain at least 5 pounds using the workouts and diet

4) Life: I've been trying to write a blog post a week and have failed to be consistent recently. Time to get back on the horse and write.

I'll probably be doing a combination of Eat Anything and Healthy Bulk Up from the RSG. Which may just mean Eat Anything.

Picked up the Rebel Strength Guide last week and am excited to get started. I've got a friends weight stuff in my basement so I'm planning on diving into the Barbell Battalion. It may take me a week or so to get the weight where I need it/properly challenging, but I'm hoping from there I can take off and go.

Also, I'm pretty new to the Community, (signed up yesterday) in case it makes a difference how newbies are placed in squads.

I don't really have anyone to work out with here, so perhaps a group of people to give me a hard time would be good.

Gnome Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Fitocracy | June 18-July 30 Challenge

Name:

TREX

Brief overview of goals:

1. Follow Barbell Batallion

2. Unassisted Pull-Up

3. Drop 10 pounds.

4. Life Goal: Reduce debt, and put money away for the new camera.

New to Paleo.

Squad

Name:

Knightwatch

Brief overview of goals:

* Stronger, in both absolute and reletive measures

* Leaner, measured by bodyweight and appearence

* Faster, in both (very) short and long(-ish) efforts.

* Better, in a number of other ways

I'm going to experiement with cutting grains, but will allow too many tweaks, like dairy and beer, to be considered at all paleo.

I do Crossfit, but try to make strength in basic movements my main concern. I'll also be reintroducing some weekly strongman training as my schedule allows, now that nicer weather is upon us.

DIE ZOMBIES DIE!

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

UGH! THIS IS KILLING ME! I had decided to sit out this next challenge as I will be having a very hectic month and I have done three in a row so kind of feeling over-challenged, if you know what I mean.

BUT NOW NF IS HAVING A SIX WEEK CHALLENGE! This is what I have been wanting - a longer challenge period (with maybe a bit more time in between challenges - two weeks, maybe? - just take it under consideration). And I am watching everybody signing up and AAAGH. I just can't stand it - I am in....

Name: Gem

Goals:

KEEP RUNNING: last challenge I finished the c25k program and so now I need to keep running. Aiming for 2x per week, or 12 runs during the challenge period. If I can do a third run in a week, that will be for extra credit!

BEGINNER BODY WEIGHT WORKOUT: Also a 2x per week, or 12 times during the challenge, goal - on non running days.

DECLUTTER: I have been working on this for a while and need to keep at it - I will be happy if I can get the seasonal clothes transition completed - that means winter clothes actually put away in storage, not left out in boxes till next fall LOL

DIET: Keep counting calories and eating for weight loss. No specific weight loss goal, as I have seen by now how unpredictable this is. I'd like to try this one week diet at some point in this challenge, probably the third week. I am anticipating veggie overload from the garden plus the farmer's market will be open, so lot's of veggies available.

LIFE: I can't express how it pains me to do this, but I have to shop for new clothes. UGH. I need shorts and tshirts for summer and some kind of presentable garments, including shoes.

Eating style - I have a big garden, operate a CSA, raise my own pigs and chickens, in short I eat all the stuff I grow, then I buy locally, then I fill in from the grocery store. Currently calorie counting for weight loss.

Squad - Yes give me a squad, I need help with decluttering and organizing, as well as weight loss encouragement.

This challenge period will be two distinct parts for me - the second three weeks will be the beginning of my CSA summer delivery schedule. Busy ++. So the first three weeks can be for focusing on goals - then just try to hang on! That in itself will be a challenge...

Level 1 Earth Mother Druid 

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-3 CON-3 WIS-3 CHA-3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines