• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Spring Strength Showdown 2013 (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

• Barbell Squat:
    • 290 lb x 1 reps (+102 pts)
    • 315 lb x 1 reps (+121 pts)
    • 330 lb x 1 reps (+134 pts)
  • Barbell Bench Press:
    • 215 lb x 1 reps (+63 pts)
    • 225 lb x 1 reps (+68 pts)
    • 235 lb x 1 reps (+72 pts)
  • Barbell Deadlift:
    • 385 lb x 1 reps (+195 pts)
    • 405 lb x 1 reps (+223 pts)
    • 435 lb x 1 reps (+273 pts)

Total, 1,000lbs.  

I was aiming for that 1K and wasn't sure I'd hit it, but I crushed it.  I probably could have hit higher with bench and DL too.  This was a lot of fun, it's got me thinking of getting in a competition now.  

Total, 1,000lbs.  

I was aiming for that 1K and wasn't sure I'd hit it, but I crushed it.  I probably could have hit higher with bench and DL too.  This was a lot of fun, it's got me thinking of getting in a competition now.  

Awesome, nice job!

Thanks for the video feed as well. I watched you all during the squat session then has to leave. My numbers are in the sheet from this morning 375,345,405,225 Video to follow

Video will be at

Once it finishes the upload.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

ohh, looks like Seth had some technical difficulties on bench...

Too many breakfast brews?

I don't know what happened on my bench opener. Something just didn't click. Third lift, I DQ'ed myself because I didn't make contact with my chest. Which sucks because the lift felt good, second go was not fruitful.

Thanks for the video feed as well. I watched you all during the squat session then has to leave. My numbers are in the sheet from this morning 375,345,405,225 Video to follow

Video will be at

Once it finishes the upload.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Impressive! Mirin that bench. Time to step up my game.

I think Seth's bar setting is probably my favorite... I wanted to do a running commentary the ENTIRE lift just after watching him attach the set up like that.

fucking PRICELESS.

PS.  Seth has fabulous eye-lashes. 

So I didn't actually sign up for or plan on doing this but I did because peer pressure.  I haven't lifted much in a few months and, given that, things went pretty well.  

Squat: 265# (120.5kg) - 15 lb PR
Bench: 160# (72.7kg) - Tied PR from Sep 2012, then I got too greedy and failed at 175.  The 160 went up easier than than the September so that's a thing.
Deadlift: 305# (138.6kg) - Lower than PR.  I didn't breathe/brace properly due to lack of recent practice at heavy liftin' (especially heavy singles) and I already wasn't quite "feeling it".  

Total: 730# (331.8kg) - Missed PR by 15 lbs
Wilks Score: 233.67

I was pretty disappointed with the deadlift so I went for a run with Mir after to calm down.

I would have run anyway.

LOL YAY for peer pressure!!!! Was happy you lifted!!! 

:)  I orginially didn't plan to lift- but I was happy I did.  Good to have a bench mark now for next Fall I think!

I think Seth's bar setting is probably my favorite... I wanted to do a running commentary the ENTIRE lift just after watching him attach the set up like that.

fucking PRICELESS.

PS.  Seth has fabulous eye-lashes. 

Which setup? They're all kind of eccentric. 

And yes, my eyelashes are to die for. 

Nice bench wildross! Do you always bench with the bar that far out from your wrist? Seems like it would hurt mine. My next goal is to catch you on bench.  If I can do that and get my squat to 500 by December, I think I should be able to manage a 1400 total at my first meet, which would be awesome!

Great work so far everyone!  I'll be entering the data for everyone that competed at my place that hasn't entered it already this morning.

Just a reminder, this goes until Sunday night.  If there are circumstances that would not allow you to lift in this time, please let us know soon so we can extend you out a week, but we can't push it much more than that. Prizes on the line!

When entering values on the sheet, please only input your lifts in the "1st", "2nd", and "3rd" attempts fields for each lifts.  Do not manually enter anything in the "Best" column, it will automatically choose ythe highest of the 3 attempts.  If you attempted a weight and failed it, simply put an "F" after it, such as "100F", which will cause the "Best" column to ignore that value.  There are examples throughout the spreadsheet.

Thanks.