• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Spring Strength Showdown 2013 (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

Nice bench wildross! Do you always bench with the bar that far out from your wrist? Seems like it would hurt mine. My next goal is to catch you on bench.  If I can do that and get my squat to 500 by December, I think I should be able to manage a 1400 total at my first meet, which would be awesome!

Great work so far everyone!  I'll be entering the data for everyone that competed at my place that hasn't entered it already this morning.

Just a reminder, this goes until Sunday night.  If there are circumstances that would not allow you to lift in this time, please let us know soon so we can extend you out a week, but we can't push it much more than that. Prizes on the line!

Not sure what you mean about my wrists. But that is how I've been doing it.

I'm sure you will catch me eventually...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure what you mean about my wrists. But that is how I've been doing it. I'm sure you will catch me eventually... Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Your forearm and wrist are vertical, like a supporting column. Most people have that bar on top of that column, which is in your hand down by the thumb.  Your wrist looks bent backward with the bar more toward your fingers, so the bar isn't right on top, looks like it would bend the wrist hella backward.

I started benching like that- so trying to not grip- it makes it quiet a bit harder- I'm not good enough or comfortable to have attempted it saturday- but it' makes a HUGE difference open the palm up and not gripping.  less wasted energy in the forearm. 

Not sure what you mean about my wrists. But that is how I've been doing it. I'm sure you will catch me eventually... Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Your forearm and wrist are vertical, like a supporting column. Most people have that bar on top of that column, which is in your hand down by the thumb.  Your wrist looks bent backward with the bar more toward your fingers, so the bar isn't right on top, looks like it would bend the wrist hella backward.

Ahhh...I was trying to work on that..forgot all about it. But it doesn't hurt at all so I must be used to it.

sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

I didn't watch the live stream, was everyone pausing their bench or tng?

What's tng? But no, it was left up to people to do if they wanted to. this will be my last virtual comp not pausing just because I need to get it down for future real comps now.  I'll be pausing the first rep of any bench set I do in order to ingrain it.

Which setup? They're all kind of eccentric. 

And yes, my eyelashes are to die for. 

your super aggressive squat thing that I desperately wanted to like sports style narration the entire time- but figured it would be too distracting- i did it once then let it go because well- it seemed rude LOL

yes- I has a jealous- me and my drawer full of false eyelashes and army of mascra.... I'm madly jealous!

I just updated the spreadsheet with Wilkes points and rankings for each of the individual BIG3 lifts since we'll be interested in this for prizes and titles given out.  It's nice to see that we have different leaders in each of the 4 categories! And some of the races are close. I predict some new and continued rivalries on the individual lifts for future competitions. Current leaders are:

Squat: Ancalagon The Black

Bench; Wildross

Deadlift: bigm141414

Total: CoreyD

Yes, yes I did, but I was expecting 80's Medium to demolish me on it coming into the comp, so I'm not upset.  And monkey arms still has me on Wilks in DLs until I add at least 12 more lbs to it or lose some weight. I'm good with my 2's (so far) across the board this time.

Thanks fellas. Everyone was really close. :D

Its really interesting to see the top 3's in the 3 big lifts were all different men but overall, Corey took the crown - I guess you are more well balanced in all of them. For instance, my bench sucks. :(

This was a lot of fun. Hopefully, next time, I will be able to lift in person with all of you and get PRs at the same time. :)

It's not over yet! There are still plenty of people who haven't lifted yet (goes through Sunday night) that have plenty chance to do well.

I have to say, I am REALLY pleased with the turn out this time around. We had a pretty small showing at the holiday comp and I was worried. We're doing doing this every 4 months from now on, so the next one will be in September.

Wow, that coeffiecient really hoses me. Not that being stuck in SHW would be any better.

its a bitch ain't it? Watch Spezzy's multiplier if she decides to lift and crush us all, it actually makes her totals bigger.

It's not over yet! There are still plenty of people who haven't lifted yet (goes through Sunday night) that have plenty chance to do well.

I have to say, I am REALLY pleased with the turn out this time around. We had a pretty small showing at the holiday comp and I was worried. We're doing doing this every 4 months from now on, so the next one will be in September.

True !! True ! My bad.

If you are still going to host 4 months from now, I will try my best to make it. You are about 4 hours from me. :D

4 months will be floating 6-8 months serious weight training for me... you boys better watch out.  I'm coming for you next time for sure.   ;)

[squat/bench/dead]

111.13/99.79/165.56

115.67/102.06/183.7

129.27/106.59/---

[clean/snatch/OHP]

70.31/43.84/70.31

74.84/52.16/72.57

79.38/65.77F/---

Happy Birthday to me!

Not overly pleased with my numbers, but not too bad!

Squat: 165 lbs/74.84 kg

Bench: 95 lbs/ 42.09kg

Deadlift: 195 lbs/ 88.451kg

I'm a bit ticked that my deadlift was lower than my PR, but since my knee's been bothering me I'll give myself a break

Great job guys!

[squat/bench/dead]

111.13/99.79/165.56

115.67/102.06/183.7

129.27/106.59/---

[clean/snatch/OHP]

70.31/43.84/70.31

74.84/52.16/72.57

79.38/65.77F/---

Happy Birthday to me!

Why is it you're not a warrior, or at least a ranger again?

Why is it you're not a warrior, or at least a ranger again?

Haha, I know, I know, I train like a Ranger and my goals are always Rangery...

When I run, my energy is better, my asthma is almost nonexistent, and I sleep better. I can't say the same for lifting. So basically, while I like being strong and lifting iron, running is in my blood. Therefore : Scout

Also, what warrior in their right mind would sign up for a marathon :P