• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Spring Strength Showdown 2013 (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

Friday is my big day. Don't think I'm gonna beat anyone but I'm coming after it for sure! Can't wait for the next few competitions. I think I'll be competing in a real life meet next year. Going for the 242lb Junior class at 23. Looking to see if I can't get close to or even surpass a record or two! I've got a year and a half to get there so who knows what may happen. 

Was just playing with the spreadsheet. Looks like If I hit all my totals I have set I'll end up at 14 on squats, 3rd on bench, 13 on deadlifts, and 12 overall. Not bad since I've been back to strength training for 5 months. I will definitely take it. 

Was just playing with the spreadsheet. Looks like If I hit all my totals I have set I'll end up at 14 on squats, 3rd on bench, 13 on deadlifts, and 12 overall. Not bad since I've been back to strength training for 5 months. I will definitely take it.

so you're trying to knock me out of 3rd for bench hrm? (rivalryous stare)

Glad I entered, was good to find out where I'm at.

Hit a 387.5kg total.

Squat: 120kg

Bench: 102.5kg

Dead lift 165kg

^ How is your bench so high. My bench sucks. :X

Wish I knew my friend. I just get a good arch and use a some what wide grip. I do weigh right around 265 so my bench really isn't that stellar. I'll have video of my lifts though. So if there is some secret you'll see it :P

bit disappointing tbh but not had the best of weeks (first time i've lost a grandparent) but lifting things helps put me to rights so i did this anyway
BW: 78kg
Squat: 145kg {7th}
Bench: 110kg (almost didn't get this) {3rd}
Deadlift: 180kg (...same as last time :miserable: ) {5th}
OHP: 70kg (i've done 72.5kg before but didn't feel like doing it today so stuck with the failed 75kg)

that puts me at 5th on total right now and 3rd with the ohp... i can live with that

Salt in the wooooooouuuuuuuunddddd! 

I just can't wait to get down to 235-240 so I'm closer to your wilks.  I'd like you to know that it's gonna be one of my biggest drivers over the next few months to get my weight down, so that my quest of your utter defeat in the deadlift competition might have a silver lining.

Super total : Phylanx - first place

YA! Shake N Bake baby! Shake N Bake!

If you're not first your last!

Oh, wait, I'm first aaand last...(crickets)

Super total : Phylanx - first place

YA! Shake N Bake baby! Shake N Bake!

If you're not first your last!

Oh, wait, I'm first aaand last...(crickets)

Next time I'm going to make it so that the big 3 are the only ones you have to test that day. Any other lifts can be done at any time during the competition weeks since they're not for prizes. We should egt more participation that way.

Next time I'm going to make it so that the big 3 are the only ones you have to test that day. Any other lifts can be done at any time during the competition weeks since they're not for prizes. We should egt more participation that way.

I second this. Mainly because I was so out of it after DLs I couldn't imagine snatching or cleaning. i just wasn't mentally there. 

I needed a beer after deadlifting, not oly lifts.

haha!

after pulling 4 wheels off the floor, snatching 115lb just felt like a joke. My tecnique is c#@p so I wasn't really taxing myself physically anyway. I was happy that I squeezed it all in in time. In and out the door in less than 1.5 hours.

i'm not bitching but i'm just wondering how accurate we can be (especially considering the closeness of the top peoples) for instance, both me an Phylanx pulled '4 wheels' on deadlift... mine i put at 180kg, his was 183.7kg because he pulled in america... are the plates actually 45lb or 20kg? i'd of thought there'd be a standard or is that only with olympic bumper plates? (tbh this isn't going to make a massive difference and i'm not too fussed just it's just a bit annoying)

holler.

I used 45lb plates that I'm trusting Corey didn't shave off a few ounces on. For all my numbers, I used the spreadsheet math to figure out what I lifted as =({# of lbs} * .453)  That usually gives a pretty good idea of decimal points to stay in check with. 

My gym only has weights in lbs. So a 45lb bar + 8 45lb plates = 405lb = 183.7kg

I would like to point out that you pushed me out of 3rd for bench. Ya, I noticed.