• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Spring Strength Showdown 2013 (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

I also just noticed that the top 3 men (currently) [Corey, myself and seth] are all 27 years of age. Sort of reminds me of the curse of 27. :D

Oh, no worrys, that'll change when 80's medium and andygates enter the ring...

All you old geezers shouldn't be lifting anyways! Leave it to us young folk :P 

The weights at my gym say 45 lbs and 20 kg on the side. I've just been taking whatever weight I lift and multiply by .454 to get my estimates. I'm ready to get my lifting out of the way. It's killing me taking today off to prepare for tomorrow. 

I would like to point out that you pushed me out of 3rd for bench. Ya, I noticed.

a hur hur hur ;)

All you old geezers shouldn't be lifting anyways! Leave it to us young folk :tongue:

The weights at my gym say 45 lbs and 20 kg on the side. I've just been taking whatever weight I lift and multiply by .454 to get my estimates. I'm ready to get my lifting out of the way. It's killing me taking today off to prepare for tomorrow. 

...but 45lbs isn't 20kg, this is what's leaving me 'concerned' (the inverted commas are for a reason, you yankee-doodles need to get like us brits and use a bit of both imperial and metric)

a hur hur hur ;)

...but 45lbs isn't 20kg, this is what's leaving me 'concerned' (the inverted commas are for a reason, you yankee-doodles need to get like us brits and use a bit of both imperial and metric)

haha trust me. In my line of work (or soon to be when I finish school) I would much prefer to go to the metric system. It's so much easier then converting everything to stupid imperial numbers. 

For our yankee doodle purposes it's close enough! :P 

Or you Brits could just get stronger and use imperial plates like us....

Oooooooooooooooooo.............................. :D 

"Oh! Snap!" - Zoolander

Hey, this may be a silly question but how did you guys feel the day after? I was stiff from low back to traps but my arms/chest and legs were fine. I suspect that my hamstrings would be sore if I didn't deadlift so freakin back heavy, and I don't know why benching didn't get me at least a little sore, my last attempt was a 7 second grinder.

"Oh! Snap!" - Zoolander

Hey, this may be a silly question but how did you guys feel the day after? I was stiff from low back to traps but my arms/chest and legs were fine. I suspect that my hamstrings would be sore if I didn't deadlift so freakin back heavy, and I don't know why benching didn't get me at least a little sore, my last attempt was a 7 second grinder.

I am still pretty sore. The next day was not bad, but Monday and Tuesday it started to hit. I went and lifted with nightlight Tuesday morning and my back was still tight. Things were a bit better for this morning barbell gymnastics but I am still not 100%.

FYI I am 0.18 wilks points away from being the top NF male deadlifter. Kinda want to lift 520 just to get that top spot....

unless you wanna redo all your lifts, it won't count this time. In case you're talking leaders boards, we haven't updated those since chairohkey's comp where he set new PRs.

American plates are 45 lb, they typically have the decimal equivalent in kg written on them as well (20.4 I think?).

unless you wanna redo all your lifts, it won't count this time. In case you're talking leaders boards, we haven't updated those since chairohkey's comp where he set new PRs.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu.........! 

You are right. I am now like 2 points away because of him. 3rd in male in the leader boards.

In case you're talking leaders boards, we haven't updated those since chairohkey's comp where he set new PRs.

That's not entirely true. I update sporadically and edit the person's post with a note when I've done it.

Are you updating using the results or should I post my squat on the leaderboard thread?

I'll use the spreadsheet from here. No need to cross post.

That's not entirely true. I update sporadically and edit the person's post with a note when I've done it.

You're screwing up my system! Damn noob mods...

You're screwing up my system! Damn noob mods...

It's good to know my mod laziness is appreciated :D

I swear, I am participating in SSS... I will be lifting Saturday. Damn finals week was not scheduled with NF lifting meets in mind.  Not expecting to actually be competitive in anything but I want to try it out.

I swear, I am participating in SSS... I will be lifting Saturday. Damn finals week was not scheduled with NF lifting meets in mind.  Not expecting to actually be competitive in anything but I want to try it out.

This was me. I learned a bunch...so next time I will be better prepared!