• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Spring Strength Showdown 2013 (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

thanks Seth, jsut wondering would that last bench count in a meet? it wasn't really touch and go but also not exactly paused...

Not from my experience.  The 2 I've been in required a full stop and hold.  I don't think any of the ones in my video would have counted now that I've looked at them.

Ill get my numbers up tomorrow. Was not where i wanted to be but its okay.

I ended up hitting the following in lbs.

300 squats (was way easy. Could have went higher)

275 bench (got it off my chest but it wasn't budging after that at 295 :/ )

355 on dead lift. (Which was no increase in max. I need to work my dead lift form a good bit.)

That's a 55lb increase on squats though and a 10-20lb increase in bench because i think i probably could've hit 285. That's not bad progress for one months time since i last maxed. Wont be maxing again for several months.

Ill add my totals once i get my video uploaded.

Stop! Badger time.

Squat: I was feeling good coming into this, and sure enough after 165 and equalling last week's 175PB, new PB 180, four plates, happy dance.   :nevreness:  Greyhound is my new jam, it's awesome lifting techno.

Bench: Feh. Opened at 100, but 105 just wouldn't get off my chest.  Equal PB, but.... feh.

Deadlift: Playtime! 200 open, 210 solid PB, and then greed for five plates: I'd have got 215, for sure, but 220 didn't get high enough to grind out. 

So, total 490kg / 1078 lbs, and obviously I'll be focusing a LOT more on my bench over the next training cycle.  Wilks stabs me in the eye because I'm soooo heavy.  

damn you! now i'm 8th in the squat rankings  :miserable:  at least we can rely on your bench stopping you from blowing us all out the water ;) and i HATE when a deadlift stops just short of a grind, my 190kg did that to me

Hey, I just wanted to say congrats to everyone in the contest. I had a lot of fun with this last year. Maybe I'll get back in the future.

MOAR WEIGHTS!

Okay. Here are my totals in KG. 

Squats- 136.2

Bench- 124.85

Deadlift- 161.17

Here is my video proof. I realize from watching some of your videos I need to make sure I do a nice pause and all that. Didn't realize that was something I needed to do. Noted for next time. 

Also notice I need to make some different adjustments on form. I'll be posting in the form section for any recommendations on that though.

I am definitely looking forward to the next competition we have. Hopefully with some bigger numbers and a smaller waist to boot. I think I had a pretty good showing since I've been back in the gym for a solid 5 months. 

Congratulations to everyone and good luck on more PR's in the future! 

Need to add my video later (squat and DL only, needed my husband to spot for bench and only recorded the first attempt of OHP due to battery running out), but maxes were (in kg):

Squat: 67.5kg (Realised when I did that that I could have gone higher but really wasn't sure until then. Still added 12.5kg to my previous PR.)

Bench: 52.5kg (Matched previous PR.)

Deadlift: 80kg (Added 10kg to previous PR.)

Big 3 total: 200kg

OHP: 40kg (Never tested that before but pleased with the result.)

Well done everyone! The competition is officially over and unless I am mistaken, I do not believe we have any stragglers that are going to be competing late. Everyone did extremely well and we hope you learned a lot and got some more confidence under the bar.  Remember, power lifting as much a competition with yourself as it is with others.  Use your numbers that you achieved this time as bench marks and try to beat them out next time.  That said, the NF lifting champions are listing below. The next competition,  The 2013 Fall Brawl for it All, will be in September,

The Prizes:

• The person with the highest Wilks Total is CoreyD. He shall be known as the "NF Power Lifting Champion" until the next virtual meet, in which he must defend and win his title again if he wishes to keep it. He also wins a t-shirt of tank top from the NF store.
  • The person with the highest Wilks Squat is Ancalagon The Black. He shall be known as the "NF Squat Champion" until the next virtual meet, in which he must defend and win his title again if he wishes to keep it.
  • The person with the highest Wilks Bench Press is Wildross. He shall be known as the "NF Bench Press Champion" until the next virtual meet, in which he must defend and win his title again if he wishes to keep it.
  • The person with the highest Wilks Deadlift is big141414. He shall be known as the "NF Deadlift Champion" until the next virtual meet, in which he must defend and win his title again if he wishes to keep it.

Haha. I suck. But it was super fun! Don't know if I will participate in the next one as I will be (hopefully) in the middle of training for a half, but we'll see ;)

Finally lifted, and as expected after a week of sitting and still not feeling back to 100% after being sick a couple weeks ago, my numbers are:

Squat

123 (easy)

133 (tougher)

143 (grindy but made it, PR)

Deadlift

135 (easy)

155 (grindy, but PR)

160F

Bench

53 lbs

68 lb

73F

Can someone enter these into the sheet for me? Work computer HATES google docs.

Finally lifted, and as expected after a week of sitting and still not feeling back to 100% after being sick a couple weeks ago, my numbers are:

Squat

123 (easy)

133 (tougher)

143 (grindy but made it, PR)

Deadlift

135 (easy)

155 (grindy, but PR)

160F

Bench

53 lbs

68 lb

73F

Can someone enter these into the sheet for me? Work computer HATES google docs.

Done!

And Huzzah PRs!!! good job!

Yay ! Squat championz ! (Luckily, 80's Medium wasn't around)

This was a lot of fun. I am going to lift hard over summer (hopefully lose some weight as well to up my Wilks score) and come back with a bang in fall. 405 lbs X 20 squats or bust ! :D

Thanks y'all. Now to rest for a few months before I begin training for the Weighted Winter Wonderland (just testing out names :)

Fullon Fall Fest

Fight

FreeForAll

sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1