• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Spring Strength Showdown 2013 (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

Staci has us all destroyed on the DL, you need to add almost 150 lb to yours to catch her and you're in 4th place.

Exactly! And the other 2 in front aren't just barely in front, they're a good bit ahead Wilks points wise.

I LOVE the prizes! Nothing better to set yourself apart from the regular forum user than a kickass title. What happens when you get highest deadlift and grand total at the same time? Double title?

That person chooses. They can also just display it in their sig, which I imagine most mods will do if they win it since we can change our titles at will anyway.

Exactly! And the other 2 in front aren't just barely in front, they're a good bit ahead Wilks points wise.

Nah it's not that bad. You need to only add 5lbs to your DL if I only hit my current 1RM. 

I'm only like 14 points behind you guys :D

And I'm 7 behind you.  Though I don't think I'd be able to pick up what I did in September right now.  Soon, though.

And I just need to add 205 lbs to match Spezzy's Wilks score.  Good Lord.

Baby_laugh.gif

Nah it's not that bad. You need to only add 5lbs to your DL if I only hit my current 1RM. 

But to jump up into second place, I'll need to add 40lbs to my current. I plan on shooting for an additional 20 on my current, but 40 will be a bit tough. And STACI!! GRRRRRR......150lbs...sheesh!

This is a pretty stinkin' sweet birthday present. (31 on May 14th)

I will be shooting for 255/235/405lb (I'll do the kg conversions after I lift)

Not sure (don't really care) where that will put me but it should be fun.

Just joined up.

Question: do we need to add video or our lifts? I don't mind doing it.

And what if we lose weight between now and then?

Anyways, it's on suckers!

Just joined up.

Question: do we need to add video or our lifts? I don't mind doing it.

And what if we lose weight between now and then?

Anyways, it's on suckers!

Video is always appreciated, but we abide by the honor system. :) 

If you lose weight just update it on sheet. I plan to weigh in close to when I lift so I am more accurate. 

I want to be in, but I am so new to lifting the Big 3 that my lightweight attempts will seem pathetic. My deadlifts are getting better, still working out the squat and bench press. Bench Press is soooo sad  :nightmare:  worked with my trainer on Tuesday and was only able to get 40lbs on the bar, really need to keep working on them.

If you're still learning, this is a great way to learn. You'll be able to watch videos of us all going with max effort. It's when all the form cues kind of fall by the wayside and we just rely on muscle memory to hit these lifts. 

I want to be in, but I am so new to lifting the Big 3 that my lightweight attempts will seem pathetic. My deadlifts are getting better, still working out the squat and bench press. Bench Press is soooo sad  :nightmare:  worked with my trainer on Tuesday and was only able to get 40lbs on the bar, really need to keep working on them.

Just join! I myself plan to participate and I am nowhere near the warriors doing most of the talking here. Just this Wednesday I fell trying to squat 25kg. It is free and for the fun of competition!

You don't need to be a contender in order to play and have fun. I've been lifting the better part of a year and there's no way I could ever compete with Spezzy, but I'm still going to do it and see what my numbers are!