• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Spring Strength Showdown 2013 (a NF Virtual Powerlifting Meet!)

I want to be in, but I am so new to lifting the Big 3 that my lightweight attempts will seem pathetic. My deadlifts are getting better, still working out the squat and bench press. Bench Press is soooo sad  :nightmare:  worked with my trainer on Tuesday and was only able to get 40lbs on the bar, really need to keep working on them.

I agree with everyone else and think you should join! I plan on going to my first meet sometime this year hopefully. Everything I've heard is that it doesnt matter when you start. All that matters is that you apply yourself, want to learn, and you want to compete. The truth is we are always going to get stronger and we are always going to want to lift moar weight! 

Once. It's the honor system. 

We're going to spend some time going through preparations for the meet in the upcoming weeks in the Warrior Guild Challenges. So, keep an eye out for that. 

Signed up and penciled in my targets....If I can get back to FL these will be actual competition totals (the National Master's comp is on 5/4)

Wilks is my friend, as I'm a teeny tiny woman (half-elf). So I'm in! I've just tested at the comp, so might aim for late in May rather than early.

Thanks everyone, think I'm gonna just do it!!

If you're still learning, this is a great way to learn. You'll be able to watch videos of us all going with max effort. It's when all the form cues kind of fall by the wayside and we just rely on muscle memory to hit these lifts. 

Just join! I myself plan to participate and I am nowhere near the warriors doing most of the talking here. Just this Wednesday I fell trying to squat 25kg. It is free and for the fun of competition!

You don't need to be a contender in order to play and have fun. I've been lifting the better part of a year and there's no way I could ever compete with Spezzy, but I'm still going to do it and see what my numbers are!

I agree with everyone else and think you should join! I plan on going to my first meet sometime this year hopefully. Everything I've heard is that it doesnt matter when you start. All that matters is that you apply yourself, want to learn, and you want to compete. The truth is we are always going to get stronger and we are always going to want to lift moar weight! 

Question- in the rules it says 3 attempts at each, and it says all must be done in the same work out. Does this mean A. we have to do all 3 attempts of each lift in one workout, or B. we do each lift in one workout, and get to try it over 3 workouts? 

I'm so confused, it's been a long day. Thanks

Thanks everyone, think I'm gonna just do it!!

Good!  I was going to say how I was something like two months into lifting when I did the fall one.  I was proud of how I did even if I was eclipsed by many others!

Good!  I was going to say how I was something like two months into lifting when I did the fall one.  I was proud of how I did even if I was eclipsed by many others!

And I'm pretty sure TinMan hit some great PRs that day and ultimately was a great host for having us at his amazing gym. I yearn to get back over there.

And I'm pretty sure TinMan hit some great PRs that day and ultimately was a great host for having us at his amazing gym. I yearn to get back over there.

I was wearing the shirt yesterday. Really was an awesome place with awesome people.

after this 6 week challenge- I'm totally trying chocolate covered bacon. sounds awful but I hear it tastes amazing. 

definitely in now, i'm nearly repping my maxes from the winter meet and i'm only about 3 or 4kg heavier gonna freaking boss this (hubris? sure hopes not)

As an addendum to Corey's second post, we're working on an idea to stream the session at his place to whoever would like to join in. We'll probably setup a google hangout or some other video screen share. That way, you can scream into your tablet as we sweat to the oldies. 

Are we actually taking weight classes into consideration here?

OMG i might just wake up pathetically early to watch this.  Please please please please set it up Seth - i won't be able to virtually join you guys for the actual lifting at that time, but i wanna seeeeeeee!!! (it'll probably be too early for me - i'm 5 - 9 hours ahead of you guys).

You don't need to be a contender in order to play and have fun. I've been lifting the better part of a year and there's no way I could ever compete with Spezzy, but I'm still going to do it and see what my numbers are!

Yes!!  Lift ALLLLLL things even if they're pink and only weigh 1kg (it'll get heavier, promise)!!!